Support our military?

AirForceBrony

I was just wondering who supports my brothers and sisters in arms in what we do every day to keep our nation safe. May it be from us going through our most rigorous challenge, boot camp... Paying the ultimate price for our freedom... And everything in between. The stuff going on with Korea has me a little worried now that it seems china may get involved... don't quote me on that though... We're not 100% sure let alone who's side they'd be on. Hearing your support would greatly help me and my wingmen.

Going to move this to chit chat.

I'm definitely for supporting our US military -- but keep in mind Canterlot.com is a community with pony fans from different countries that also give their military support to international problems as well!

Everyone's getting a little bit shaky on this Korean problem although I don't blame them. If there was a war: I won't be supporting anyone, war is bad and should be avoided at all cost. Why can't there be peace, and why is friendship not magic?

China only supports North Korea in the sense that a war would create a huge refugee problem for China. China doesn't want war. China has only opposed war against North Korea in the past due to the refugee problem. China has expressed that it is not on the same side as North Korea so if anything it would side with the UN on any sort of military actions

Everyone's getting a little bit shaky on this Korean problem although I don't blame them. If there was a war: I won't be supporting anyone, war is bad and should be avoided at all cost. Why can't there be peace, and why is friendship not magic?

a little bit shaky on this Korean problem

Korean Problem

>North Korea being a threat

>North Korean nuclear missiles able to get up into the air to hit anything

312905_541585939219639_171225534_n.jpg

Although this does not affect me in any shape or form but North Korea always reminded me of that one insane kid in school that had SO MUCH MORE bark than actual bite.

• Like 1

China only supports North Korea in the sense that a war would create a huge refugee problem for China. China doesn't want war. China has only opposed war against North Korea in the past due to the refugee problem. China has expressed that it is not on the same side as North Korea so if anything it would side with the UN on any sort of military actions

China's on-and-off support of North Korea is mostly to serve their agenda of keeping the U.S. focused on that business, while China gets ready to settle into Africa, where they'll have a ton of business opportunities, and then pull all of their financial business out of the U.S. because they see it as a wasted investment. Why does this matter enough that they'd want N. Korea keeping the U.S. busy? Mostly because the U.S. without China will collapse in on itself like a house of cards on a damp surface.

Thanks again Rosewind. And I have to agree with Rock. Though I wish war could be avoided, it IS my job as a soldier to be ready for it. I hope nothing that drastic comes of this though. And Im terribly sorry if I upset anypony.

China's on-and-off support of North Korea is mostly to serve their agenda of keeping the U.S. focused on that business, while China gets ready to settle into Africa, where they'll have a ton of business opportunities, and then pull all of their financial business out of the U.S. because they see it as a wasted investment. Why does this matter enough that they'd want N. Korea keeping the U.S. busy? Mostly because the U.S. without China will collapse in on itself like a house of cards on a damp surface.

As fun as that is to believe that the Chinese have a rather grand geopolitical agenda aimed at trying to destroy the United States, it isn't true. At all. The business opportunities you speak of in Africa are fleeting and change with the seasons, while Chinese investments are stagnating in the United States mostly due to the United States telling them to back off, not because they're slowly pulling out in a grand vision of trying to destroy the United States. Ever since 2007 this has been the case, with a brief lull during the height of the economic crisis. Meanwhile on a base consumer level, the American appetite for products is a massive boon to the Chinese economy, so much so that when we went through the deepest pits of the recession, the Chinese suffered tremendously due to lower consumer output. When American consumers buy more, China is very happy- and considering the ease with which they can earn that money, it behooves them to keep that gravy train flowing. This is not something that Africa or the EU or Russia or anywhere else can duplicate as easily. The only eyebrow raising is the Chinese domination of the rare earth market, but that isn't something that can be easily countered by anyone.

Contrary to some thought patterns, not everything China, Russia, and the EU does focuses on trying to destroy the United States.

China wants the United States to focus on North Korea only as much as it gives them a more serious threat than they- for now, at least. North Korea is ran by a lunatic who runs a nation that teeters on the brink of oblivion. That is more dangerous to vision of the United States as a global power than a half-ally in China. They also used to support North Korea for old ideological and historical reasons, but those have faded with time. Now that has been replaced by fears of a refugee crisis. If it came to war though, you wouldn't see China fight at all. They'd likely man up that border like heck, though.

I didn't mean to imply that China's plans were explicitely aimed at 'destroying the U.S.'. I meant to imply that the U.S. has outlived their usefulness in China's eyes. China's got their eyes set on everything - they even tried to take a huge chunk of my country when rumours started to float around that we had oil off the coast.

If you think the China believes the United States has outlived it's usefulness to it's economy, then I think you don't really know the Chinese economy. China is doing what any growing, powerful nation should- expand it's power and influence and have diversified investments across the globe. That way it's economy isn't wholly dependent on any one thing. The same goes for the United States; China's economic importance to the United States is critical, but has been overstated by some. If they cut economic ties in bizzaro world, both nations would feel the sting pretty equally.

But anyway, as for the military: I support them through work, as a welder at Naval Base San Diego!

Canterlot.com is officially supported and financed by the WPK whom only wish peace on earth with their neighbours.

We've had to source funding from the WPK ever since the removal of Ba'ath party influence.

As such, we cannot offer words of support for any other nation's forces, with the exception of Vatican City and its Gendarmerie Corps.

Personally, i don't support the military (Pauses for dramatic effect)

I DO support our soldiers though... They go in expecting to risk their lives to protect the people they love and their beliefs, and trying to keep people who wish us harm from doing anything crazy....

It's the people who send them out to fight... i dont like them.... They dont send their children out, they send other people's children out. They lie and deceive for their own gain putting peoples lives in danger for their own gain, usually having nothing to do with the reasons these soldiers joined... It's disgraceful in my opinion...

I find that most soldiers are very good people. I've very rarely had a problem with them, they're always kind and cheerful...

Except one guy, and i've seen guys like this before, and it concerns me... I was workign in the drive thru and a guy asked me if we had a military discount... I apologized and said no... He asked for extra sauce and i was required to charge him... He looked at me and gave me a dirty look before saying "I'll have to remember this when i'm fighting for your freedom!" before speeding off... Jackass... Then there are the guys who say 'I want to be in the military to shoot people'...

You're not a soldier to shoot people... you're not a soldier to be a higher class of people. you're not a solider for perks and bonuses... you're a soldier to protect those who can't protect themselves... And anyone who thinks other wise i dont want to be protecting me... Go back to Call of Duty...

And to anyone who is a soldier to protect their loved ones, to protect our ideals, to protect me... Thank you, you're amazing...

It's the people who send them out to fight... i dont like them.... They dont send their children out, they send other people's children out. They lie and deceive for their own gain putting peoples lives in danger for their own gain, usually having nothing to do with the reasons these soldiers joined... It's disgraceful in my opinion...

Assuming that you are talking about America...

If you are talking about situations like Bush sending troops out in Iraq, or our debated participation in Vietnam, I get where you are coming from. But you have to keep in mind, that you have to come up the bottom in order to get to the top. All US military Generals or high-ranking Officers had to be a 2nd Lieutenant first. And a 2nd Lt. will see the full violence of any military operation that they command. Same goes for enlisted ranks too. Many US presidents like Bush, H.W Bush, Kennedy, Truman, and Eisenhower also served in our military. And many of the aforementioned presidents has commanded military operations that their children was involved in.

I do, only my "other" country isn't in it...

Nor is it in the WHO.

You must be Kosovo, Taiwanese, or Vatican...

Assuming that you are talking about America...

If you are talking about situations like Bush sending troops out in Iraq, or our debated participation in Vietnam, I get where you are coming from. But you have to keep in mind, that you have to come up the bottom in order to get to the top. All US military Generals or high-ranking Officers had to be a 2nd Lieutenant first. And a 2nd Lt. will see the full violence of any military operation that they command. Same goes for enlisted ranks too. Many US presidents like Bush, H.W Bush, Kennedy, Truman, and Eisenhower also served in our military. And many of the aforementioned presidents has commanded military operations that their children was involved in.

I know what you mean, but still, there are more people than just the president and general who decide on going to war... There are politicians, lobbyists, citizens, interest groups, corporations, etc... They all have an impact on political decisions... and many of them are not in it for the same reasons that the soldiers are in it for...