Hanari's Hunt for Friendship!

BFPY04c.jpg

This Is Hanari Rua.

Rua is a traveler from Neighpon, a follower of the traditions and codes of the Samurai. Having been raised in a ninja clan populated entirely by mares in a mysterious forest away from most of Neighpon, she is curious about the ways of her homeland as well as the lands far beyond. It shouldn't be too surprising that traveling on the road with nothing but a blunt, wooden training sword and a satchel to keep you company makes a pony wish for some decent conversation. To any who are interested, I have two spots I left in her background that resulted in her developing into who she is.

One is a mysterious stranger who saved her and her mother's life during a blizzard. I didn't go into specifics about them beyond they were kind enough to do so and knew a lot of stories about the samurai of Nieghpon. Rua styles her mane in the same appearance as the pony who saved her and her mother that day, although its perfectly likely and sensible for the character to have changed it at some point. The other option is a another stranger who was a kirin or longma that became a nuisance to Rua and her mother when Rua was just a filly. Rua challenged him to a sort of duel of breath magic and managed to... lose to a much more experienced and stronger opponent, but not before bruising his leg. The action impressed him enough to stop bothering her the parent and filly on their way to a town.

Those are just two major roles for influences in her own life. 

In her travels I would like for her to meet a variety of characters so feel free to offer some of yours up! As for characters I'm looking for, well... I think to start some characters she may have run into on the road once or twice before, but if an applicant thinks a meeting for the first time would be more interesting that could be fine too! Just leave a comment and we'll see what we can cook up!

Archived