Official Discussion Thread - S07E11 Not Asking for Trouble

the_yakyakistan_express_by_ibsn-d97ryfw.

When Pinkie panics, you know you are in trouble!

Another week which means another episode full of the adorable ponies we all know and love!  This week stars the most eccentric of all the ponies, Pinkie Pie! What is our party junkiepony up tot his time?  Inviting herself to Yakyakistan!  Why? Because if there is a party somewhere in the world, Pinkie must attend and it totally isn't because of addiction, honest!  :D  So what shenanigans will Pinkie and the Yaks be up to in their homeland this time? Tune in to find out! The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on June 17th!! :) <3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers (especially since this episode aired last week in Canada). I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :blush:

Spoiler

In terms of the MLP FiM fandom, Pinkie Pie is the equivalent to Howard Cosell (those of you who are old enough to remember him), the long time sports broadcaster.  In Howard Cosell's time, most people fell into one of two categories:  Those who LOVED Howard Cosell, and those who HATED him.  Generally, the split was about 50-50 during his lifetime.

That being said, Pinkie Pie is much like Howard Cosell to most MLP fans, either you LOVE her, or you HATE her.  If you hate Pinkie's over the top and sometimes fourth wall breaking antics, then you will HATE this episode.  If you are among those who LOVE Pinkie Pie (like ME) then this episode was a delight!  

Add Pinkie Pie's zaniness to the Yak's general gruff manner and stubbornness and you get a terrific episode!   Ok, I'll admit, the ending was a bit, strange, but for Pinkie Pie, THIS WORKS!!!   Strange is how she rolls!  I won't say that this was the BEST episode of the season so far, but to me, it's above average, if only because of Pinkie Pie! 

Archived