Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread

I've noticed that we are lacking a Sonic the Hedgehog thread in the gaming section, and surely this is madness! Here's a thread to discuss Sonic games, both new and old. Also, lets do us all a favor and try to avoid any discussion on the quality of the old games compared to the new games. I'm sure this will save us from a lot of butt hurt.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genesis games were heaven. The comics ranged from grimdark awesome to hokey Archie. So did the comics. Speaking of the comics, I need a good jumping on point because of current awesome plot twists. Sonic Generations, Sega's current brilliant idea is actually brilliant. I feel fast again.

So, "Sonic adventure" is an old or a new game? :-| Btw Sonic needs Ponies.

I'd say the sonic adventure games were pretty smack dab in between new and old. Let's call them the "middle age" :P

Genesis games were heaven. The comics ranged from grimdark awesome to hokey Archie. So did the comics. Speaking of the comics, I need a good jumping on point because of current awesome plot twists. Sonic Generations, Sega's current brilliant idea is actually brilliant. I feel fast again.

I loved Sonic Generations, the ps3 versions graphics were Incredible!

I don't have Generations... No PS3 or 360 in my house and the 3DS isn't mine... I'd get it on Steam but I don't really wanna give them personal financial info...

I don't have Generations... No PS3 or 360 in my house and the 3DS isn't mine... I'd get it on Steam but I don't really wanna give them personal financial info...

I don't think your personal info is in any danger in valves hands, but I suppose their is always the threat of a lone system hack. I wonder why they didn't release a version on the wii, especially considering they made one for 3ds.

Yeah, but I own the original games anyway, except for S&K sadly. I would have it but my friend's mom's boyfriend stole it when they broke up... Also stolen, Altered Beast. I was very angry...

Yeah, but I own the original games anyway, except for S&K sadly. I would have it but my friend's mom's boyfriend stole it when they broke up... Also stolen, Altered Beast. I was very angry...

Sorry, to hear that... Sonic and Knuckles was a great one. Especially the version combined with sonic 3. That was my favorite of the genesess era.

Mostly it was because when I finally got to play S3&K a year or so ago, I had the Sonic 3 emerald stages memorized and can reliably get perfects on them. So it was a jarring experience.

Sonic the Hedgehog was like my first real video game. Kind of. I remember we had Mario and Tetris on some system, but I wasn't very good. Sonic is kind of he one I remember, I guess, really liking and choosing to play. I think it was Sonic 2, where you can play two player with Tails. I was Tails. I got stuck all the time. FFFFFFF

Sonic the Hedgehog was like my first real video game. Kind of. I remember we had Mario and Tetris on some system, but I wasn't very good. Sonic is kind of he one I remember, I guess, really liking and choosing to play. I think it was Sonic 2, where you can play two player with Tails. I was Tails. I got stuck all the time. FFFFFFF

Yeah, I know that feel Tales but I was a stubborn little boy back then and I never backed down. I kept coming back for more, until I finally put it in the completed pile!

Also stolen, Altered Beast. I was very angry...

Oh sweet celestia, somone remembers Altered Beast! I beat it both on the Genesis and Arcade and unless the arcade ending is unlocked on "hardest" dificulty, they really sucked when they ported it (LOVED the arcade ending!)

I'm a fan of the old-school Sonic, SatAM and Archie Comics Pre-Endgame (pre issue 50) I dont like how they've tried to merge the game and comics timelines back into one, I was NEVER a fan of the games' plots (though they were still fun, if wonky) I'm one of the nuts that wrote thousands of pages of Fanfics (and read even more) before they screwed the continuity after SatAM died... That was what finally tore me out of the fandom (though I still go back and re-read some of the old 'fics). Outside of the "Werehog" game (which was a really sucky attempt at an RPG), not played any Sonic games since Sonic Adventure 1...

I've beaten the arcade version of Altered Beast too, loved the ending as well! I only had the one Sonic comic and it's been read to rags and tossed out. My family has never had a lot of money, so I've never played Adventure but I tried 2006 and I absolutely hated it...

Oh, oh! how many people fell victim to sonic 3's carnival night's zone bouncey spinner? I sure did. I had to pass the level by jumping just so in order to make it low enough for me to pass through. I was years later that I found out I could of just pressed up and down to make it function. A part of me died that day...

I have played almost ever sonic game know to man the ones I have not played are the ones that were released on the Wii and the Handhelds

sonic 1 was the first game I ever played and was hooked from there from the age of 8 to now sonic has been my gaming hero and got me through bad times at school.

Metal sonic will always been my favourite character with Mecha sonic and silver the hedgehog been a close joint second.

I also want to share this image of metal sonic which I built in the 360 version of minecraft.

Sonic gaming moment over :blush:

I have played almost ever sonic game know to man the ones I have not played are the ones that were released on the Wii and the Handhelds

sonic 1 was the first game I ever played and was hooked from there from the age of 8 to now sonic has been my gaming hero and got me through bad times at school.

Metal sonic will always been my favourite character with Mecha sonic and silver the hedgehog been a close joint second.

I also want to share this image of metal sonic which I built in the 360 version of minecraft.

Sonic gaming moment over :blush:

You made that? Nice :20:

Did you play Sonic 2 Special Edition? ;) Released in very few copies for the Genesis+SegaCD+32x abomination.

Did you play Sonic 2 Special Edition? ;-) Released in very few copies for the Genesis+SegaCD+32x abomination.

I can honestly say I have not. was not even aware of a special edition of sonic 2 ^^; I just looked it up and I'm not surprised! its very rare

There were no Sonic games after Sonic & Knuckles. *in denial*

The bouncy thing on Carnival Night got me too, my first time.

Anypony play Sonic CD? It was recently re-released the right way on multiple platforms with both soundtracks.

I loved SatAM -- I have the DVD set. I do not follow the comics -- they're like one big fanfic in another universe as far as I'm concerned.

Knuckles' Chaotix is fine too. That really needs to see a remake/port.

Sonic CD is probably the one old school sonic that I haven't, but would like to play. I think I saw it on steam a bit back, I should go check that out.

Go play it immediately. It's fantastic.

It's not a normal "run through the level" Sonic game -- there's time travel and different time periods for all the zones, with certain things you have to kill in the past in order to get a "good" future. And the music...oh yes! Sooo good!

When did Sonic CD get re-released? I need to acquire it as I have tried emulating it but couldn't get the CUE sheet to work. No music is no fun. I've played Chaotix as well. Now I will admit to getting tarped by the spinning barrel back in the day, but not long enough to get a time over death lol...

Archived