{Canterlot Down Town} Mystic Spiral for all your DJ and Music needs (Open for all)

QuickLime

The sun glistened overhead, filling the windows with multi colored lights due to the tinted glass to give the inside of the store a night club like quality to it, there were old school headphones, records, magic powered microphones, Vinyl records, Record players… everything a budding musician could need, there was also stacks of sheet music, quills and ink designed specifically for the Sheet music so it was water and run resistant, There were guitar strings, there were cleaning kits, everything a musician could ever need.

All wrapped up in a hole in the wall style store that had a glittering sparkly black floor that looked like the night sky, HC was very proud of her store Mystic Spiral (but she’s thinking of changing the name) and was finishing setting up the window display that had pony mannequins wearing various DJ Equipment , including goggles and messenger bags designed to hold records…She was pretty pumped for the day customers...but tonight was when the party was going to come alive.

BUT that was for later, right now it was all about getting people into her store and getting their heads into some awesome music to make them go “Oontz Oontz Oontz!” so to get their hooves tapping while they shopped she put in a record , and moved the needle over to get it to start playing… “Here we go hopefully the hip cats can pick up on my jive” She grinned.

• Like 1

Techno couldn't help but smile as she entered the store; this was definately her kind of place, from the glitter covered floor to the music blasting from the speakers over her head. She was like a filly in a candy store, she trotted excitedly from the display of the latest headphones to the milk crates filled with records taking in everything and throughly enjoying herself. As the browsed through the records she couldn't help but wonder what kind of pony ran the store.

"I simply have to meet the pony who runs this place, it's just perfect!" She said to herself as she continued to skim through the records.

HC glanced over seeing the white unicorn with the interesting mane, she grinned walking right up to her "Well have no fear I'm right here " She said and chuckled "I take it you dig the place?" She asked with a tip of her head, since it was day her mane was still it's rich chestnut brown, and light brown streaky mess"You a musician or what hon?" There was a vibe around this unicorn that HC dug and she really hoped she'd stick around so she could learn more about her.

Damask Luster looked up at the shop, Mystic Spiral, and wondered if he hadn't made a mistake. As an aspiring young musician, he had been looking for a good music shop to rely on, and he had heard murmurs of this place downtown and had found the shop's name quite alluring and had thought to check it out today. Looking at the small shop's decor now, listening to the music coming from within, he had to wonder if they'd have anything he needed. The atmosphere seemed almost like a dance club, which to put it mildly wasn't really Damask's vibe.

He was a pony all about being laid back and relaxed. Pounding dance music and electronic sounds didn't really do much for him. He was more about the simple and the organic when it came to music. He had to wonder if this place would be of any use to him, but he supposed he was already here. The young pegasus sighed and stepped tentatively toward the door, bracing himself for the loud music inside.

Damask noticed two mares inside talking. He figured that one of them probably worked at the shop, but he wasn't the type to interrupt others mid conversation, so instead he started to look around the shop. He could see headphones, records, microphones and all sorts of other stuff. Okay, this wasn't that bad. If he was going to take this to the next level and start recording his music, and this might all be useful for that. Nodding, he continued to browse around the shop.

Taiko Fairy arrived in Canterlot. The big and glorious city was the second stop on her worldly travels of Equestria. Her first stop was Cloudsdale where her father was from. Canterlot was very different than the Pegasus City in the sky. The city here was much grander. Even though the Pegasus lived in Manehattan for all of her life, nothing would compare to seeing Canterlot for the first time. All of the general splendor was almost too much for the poor filly to take in. Almost.

Slowly she walked through town. She had a Chudaiko strapped to her back and a Djembe hanging down too. She had her saddle bags filled with various drum related items and her other Hapi and Hachimaki. She even had some skins rolled up in one. Taiko looked at all of the shops. She had a little money after paying for her hotel room but she wanted to save it. She walked for almost an hour until she found a store that seemed more interesting than the rest. Mystic Spiral. It sounded like a cool name, therefore the shop was cool in Taiko's mind.

Now Taiko was the kind of pony who wanted to bring different music to a group of ponies. She specialized in the oddest music around. From Djembe to Metalphone and from Trumpets to Flutes, Taiko learned it all as a younger pony. Her specialty was her name. Taiko. She was the best pony around at Taiko... Or the best that she knew! This shop would definitely have something cool for her in it.

The second Taiko Fairy opened the door of the shop, her jaw dropped. The music store was styled in a way the older filly had never seen! The floors were FANTASTIC! They looked like stars on the ground! There was sheet music, something Taiko never used, Quill (also useless) and something for almost every instruments. There were thing for recording, something Taiko never understood. Why listen to a recording when you could go to the show? That was besides the point. This place was fantastic. It was full of different types of musical things. It was perfect.

"This. Is. So. Cool." The filly said softly with a smile. She could not wait to dig into everything. Not knowing where to start, the blue haired filly just meandered around the store. She did her best not to let her instruments knock into anything. That would be very bad.

Techno turned to face HC and placed the album she was holding back into the bin. "Oh I'm not a musician, but I do run a tea shop slash dance club in Ponyville so I'm always looking for new music and eqipment." She offered her hoof to shake. "My name's Techno Tealeaf by the way, it's a nice shop you have going here."

• 2 weeks later...

HartCordbanner.jpg

HC grinned at her "Oh really now? Well then how about you come back later tonight and join my little night club? It only turns on once everything else in Canterlot shuts down and it's pretty exclusive" She said tapping her hoof to the side of her face and went over to the register and opened a drawer taking out a black envelope. The envelope glowed a soft golden color as it levitated over to Techno "Here you are SugaSuga take this and show what's inside at the door tonight and ya'll get in with no issue sugababe"

HC gave her a wink and glanced over at the two other ponies that had come in while she had been occupied with Miss Techno and waved "Heya peeps" She said "Ya two lookin for anythin in particular?" She asked wanting to help her customers find exactly what they were lookin for.

Damask continued to look around at all the various stuff on the shop's walls for a while, not even entirely sure what some of it was for. Another customer entered the shop not long after that. She was a gray pegasus about his age with a tied back blue mane. She seemed to have some interesting looking drums on her pony. The male pegasus had to say she was kind of cute, but he had always lacked his older brother's confidence in approaching mares directly and he didn't know enough about drums to start a natural conversation, so he opted not to approach her..

"Ya two lookin for anythin in particular?"

Damask looked back toward the interesting looking unicorn mare who he could only assume worked at the shp as she spoke toward them. He gave a small shrug and stepped toward her, his expression relaxed.

"Ah, hey," he said in his low key voice. "Pretty cool place you got here..." He gave a small nod. Maybe it wasn't quite his vibe, but he was starting coming around to its charm. "But do you guys sell actual instruments here? All I'm seeing is recording gear and accessories..."

Taiko Fairy was very distracted by everything in the store. She had never in her years seen any sort of music store like this. Although, she usually never went into music stores. If she wanted a new instrument, she asked her father. Her father always could get one for her. It might not have been in the best condition but it worked wonderfully for her. That was really all that mattered to her.

At this point in time, she was looking at the recording items used. She never understood why ponies needed that sort of thing. She would love to learn though. The pegasus would love to learn anything having to do with music though. Even it she would have to record something. "This is so strange." Taiko Fairy whispered excitedly.

The pony heard someone ask he a question and she instantly turned her head. It seemed like the shop owner had come over. Another pony had answered first. The pony seemed pretty chill, something Taiko liked. Since she was a little rambunctious and obnoxious a lot. Having a chill pony around helped her be chill as well. Like osmosis or something. Taiko didn't know what osmosis was, just something that Sonata mentioned once or twice. Her sister was the smart one with her fancy scientific stuff.

Since Taiko didn't want to be rude, she decided to wait til the other pony finished his conversation with what seemed to be the shop owner. Instead she found herself fascinated by the floors. It's like they have stars on the floors! Wait till I tell dad this one! Taiko did her best not to move much so that her drums wouldn't fall or knock into anything and break it. She didn't have THAT much money.

"Oh! Thank you for the invitation, I'll be sure to be there." Techno said as she slid the invitation into her saddlebags. It had been a long time since Techno had gone to a club that wasn't her own, it would be a good chance to have some fun and maybe pass out a few of her buisness cards.

She then reached into the saddle bag on her left and pulled out a small business card and set it on the counter in front of HC. "If you're ever in Ponyville and you have the time please stop buy my shop, if you bring that card you'll get free drinks and free entry into the dace club."

• 1 month later...

HartCordbanner.jpg

HartCord grinned being handed the ticket "Oh wow that's awesome sis! That's great thanks!" She was all smiles now because this was a great way to network! Getting into other clubs, hanging out and enjoying the atmosphere, finding new hip cats to send back to Mystic Spiral! It was a dream come true really! She heard the stallion ask a question about instruments and she chuckled "It's for ALL Your music needs so yes I do sell instruments, just tell me what you are interested in hn? And I'll be right happy to help ya out!"

The Pony with the drums seemed to love her floor and HartCord grinned, this was a pony after her own heart obviously! She strutted over to her and tilted her head "You like m' floor hn? you should see it with the lights reflecting off it it's somethin really special .. those are REALLY cool Taiko drums you got there!" She put a hoof on the instrument "If you need them reskinned or some such I can give you a great price!"

"It's for ALL Your music needs so yes I do sell instruments, just tell me what you are interested in hn? And I'll be right happy to help ya out!"

Damask gave a nod as the pony answered his question. Well, that was a relief; he had legitimate cause to be here. Smiling a little the colt stepped toward the unicorn mare who had spoken to him.

"Yeah, I've been looking for a new guitar," Damask said in a cool, casual tone. "I have a nice acoustic that serves me pretty good, but I'm looking to change up my set and add a touch more excitement. Thinking of gettin' me something electric to shake things up."

He tilted his head and then shrugged. "Oh, and don't got the bits for both at the moment, but I'm also looking for a good keyboard down the line. I'd be good to at least see what you got for that."

Taiko's head whipped right back up from the floors when a voice spoke to her again. The shop owner had talked to her again. She had mentioned the strangest thing Taiko had even heard. The floors light up? What in Celestia's name was this sort of magic? Why did the floor light up? Of course this meant that Taiko HAD to see the lit up floors. It made her wonder how much they sparkled then. "They light up?" She asked in an excited tone. That had just made her day! "How could I see that?" She asked the other pony excitedly.

The it registered in her brain that the other pony knew about Taiko. Well, at least she knew OF Taiko. "This is a Chu." Taiko told her as she flipped her head up to the large Chu. "Well, Chudaiko." She clarified for the unicorn. She then gestured to the Djembe "The Djembe is actually not taiko related, I juts love playing it." Taiko used many different types of drums and other instruments. Taiko preferred using her Chudaiko. "Don't worry about skins, I have a few from home but I'm always on the look out for bachi." Bachi were her drumstick for taiko. She usually used her hooves to play though. "Oh, and Pan Flutes." A gift for Sonata Fairy that Taiko would obviously play on. After all, she specialized in all sorts of instruments.