Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: TwistedSound

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Baby blue (see reference)

Coat Color: All yellow (Sea Reference)

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Reddish pink, long with curled tips

Physique: A bit on the lanky side, average height

Cutie Mark: A pencil with a music note through it. Her special talent is making people happy through art and music, usually in the field of writing, or drawing pictures and songs.

Origin/Residence: Born In Cloudsdale resides in Manehatten, although she travels quite often.

Occupation: She paints Interiors of homes. And also takes commissions of art

Motivation: She hopes that one day her art may be seen in a Canterlot showing.

Art- What her cutie mark is in. she likes it because she finds that art is the easiest way to make someone happy without getting to know them.

Making a mess- She just finds this fun and creative

Music of all kinds- another thing connected with her cutie mark, and because she hates critics, she isn't one making her love almost all kinds

Day Time- The light makes it easier to work on her artwork.

Dislikes:

Criticism- She sees it as a threat, and thus worries about not living up to her cutie mark

Quietness- Art and 'quiet' do not go along in her mind

Long periods spent in the dark- The lighting makes it harder to work on her art work.

Character Summary:

HistoryTwisted was Born in Cloudsdale, Twisted found herself as a rather inward child. As a Foal, she didn’t have many friends, and spent most of her time drawing, painting, and singing. Most of the time out of the house she spent with her older brother, or when they were home with her parents, this being said she had always had a very close and positive relationship with her family. Her shyness as a young filly, and then her ostentatious behavior as an older filly, as well as her constant work on the arts led for other ponies to think she was a bit strange, and thus she didn't make the friends that she had potential to make. Her parents moved to Ponyville, when her brother got a job, and it seemed they weren’t taking too much away from their daughter. The hoped to find themselves living a calmer life, and to perhaps encourage their daughter to make some new friends that weren’t so aware of her pretentious behavior. However, this didn’t happen and she mostly kept to herself, even after she received her cutie mark. She respects her parents, although she wasn't sure how she felt about moving, and was even more upset when her gaining her cutie mark inspired another move to Manehatten. The yellow Pony found herself the most upset didn't think that the city would do anything for her. In fact she loathed the reputation it had for being stylish, and upper-class. However, her parents found themselves more happy, and Twisted even felt a bit more comfortable because now she had an excuse to stay inside and work on art, her excuse being the fact that she didn't fit in at all. Twisted Didn't bother moving; however, she is planning to at least travel.

Cutie Mark StoryTwisted got her cutie mark as an older foal, she received it, when painting her brother's wall and singing loudly to cheer him up one day when he was upset. She, using what was left of the paint she had from a small painting set, painted a big smiley face on his wall, so he could alwayse remember to be happy, however, she then, wanting to make it more personal, decided to paint herself smiling, so he could always remember that, She, wanted him to be happy. The song, was a small jingle, that went “Please feel better.” Not really a song, but it was what she thought of at the spur of a moment. She was very surprised because, she, not being a unicorn, was certainly not a fine artist, nor musician, she fell somewhere, in the cartoonish painting’s (similar to things like the barn pinkie paints during the smile song) To her it means that her special talent was the one thing she always enjoyed even though everypony didn’t always agree with it. Many ponies may not understand her style of art because she draws portraits that are darker in color and over all feel than everypony enjoys.

PersonalityTwistedSound is no longer quiet as shy as she was during her childhood. This is because; Twisted realized that in order to make a living, one needed to be at least friendly and a little bit sociable. In fact any of the more outgoing behavior she displays in generally her sucking up. Twisted is generally happy, and in fact would be willing to make friends with some of the more, 'uncivilized' and ironically enough less pretentious ponies that live in the area. Twisted however, is a bit pretentious, and when people are critical, she can get angry. Because of her own selfishness she will often brush off advice from ponies she doesn’t know especially if they are older than her. Twisted has found that she can have a very negative relationship with adult ponies, other than her parents. This is because twisted feels that older ponies won’t understand her, and will just tell her how much they dislike what she does. This being said, TwistedSound’s outwardly rude and pretentious behavior are often a defense mechanism. Twisted isn’t all bad though; in fact to those who take thing slowly and do not criticize her, she can be extremely friendly, the same goes for those who her buy her art. In fact, to her friends she is kind perhaps a bit inward, but good for support and advice.

Reference:

Coloredpony.png

ponysketch.png

(This one is by emerald for me from a trade)ponytrade.png

Very interesting application. I like the concept and it seems to have a lot going for it, but there is one somewhat large problem with this application and that would be grammar. The entire application would need to be edited as there are far too many commas and capitalization mistakes. However, technical details such as that are easy to fix- the hard part is coming up with an interesting character and you seem to have done well with her here.

Artists who are more, err, noisy and seeking activity and sound are more intriguing(most of the time) than those who are your typical shy shut-ins. There are of course many exceptions to this admittedly flimsy 'rule'.

Hello hello! This is a pretty good application and a fascinating character.

I feel the biggest problem, however, is the grammar. Some of it is a bit hard to understand and there are a number of typos- this can usually be overlooked, but it would be nice if you could polish it up just a tiny bit more! I do have a few questions. First, I feel that the cutie mark story could be expanded on- what exactly did she paint, why was her brother upset, what inspired her to paint/sing to cheer him up (or was it a random decision)? The Cutie Mark Story is overall pretty good; it could just be more detailed. Why did she get so upset at her parents for moving? I understand that many hate moving (myself included) because of the loss of friends and the need to find more friends, but you were not very specific beyond the fact that she was upset. Finally, her personality change; you said she was a bit more inward/shy as a child, but is a lot louder and more social as an adult- what exactly prompted this change?

Other than that this is an interesting character that I hope to see more of. :)

Okay, thank you i will get to expanding those things. i expanded on those facts i appreciate the help.

also the grammar, and typos, could anyone perhaps help me. I have checked with a bunch of online grammar checkers, im dyslexic, and never have done well in grammar in school

Don't worry too much about the grammar; it wasn't my top concern ^^ It is readable, which is all it needs to be (even I make grammatical mistakes!), and most of your errors are negligeable. However, your font for your backstory is now a bit small and hard for me to read... ^^