So I wrote a fanfic again...

RarityDash

It's been a while. Aside from writefriends and other stuff for this site, I haven't written any fanfiction for a long time, not since my Darkness and Dawn project lost steam and sort of fell apart. :sleep:

Finally, however, I'm back at it. I'm back to what I do best too, shipping. It's been about a year now since I wrote my first set of FIM shipping fics, two of which eventually ended up on EqD. I'd been in something of a long standing writing funk which I'm still not sure is through, but at the very least a chapter of this story has materialized:

Hunters and Tamers, Chapter 1

The story is shipping, but it also has some more adventure elements and there's nothing at all shippy in the first chapter (these things have to build) which is also kind of short. Not exactly sure how many chapters it will end up being, but I doubt it will be more than five. The ship itself might be controversial... I'm not going to say it here, but It stars Gilda and if the title of the story doesn't give it away look at the tags for this thread... :blush:

Anyway, since I haven't written a fic in so long, I might be kind of rusty or out of it, so feel free to give me critiques and stuff. If it's well received, I may work up the courage to submit to EqD again when it's complete. Also, this is my first story posted to FIMFiction (though I'll probably post it to my deviantART and maybe my fanfiction account later and also put my other fics on FIMFiction), so, yeah, that's kind of cool.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Well I certainly found that to be a good read :)

I particularly liked how you gave a little back story to Gilda to show why she's such a, well, bully.

I'm seeing a sort of redemption story going on here which is always good, especially for a character that was listed as a 'villain'.

Keep up the good work Phil, I look forward to seeing more of this :D

• Like 1

Well I certainly found that to be a good read :)

I particularly liked how you gave a little back story to Gilda to show why she's such a, well, bully.

I'm seeing a sort of redemption story going on here which is always good, especially for a character that was listed as a 'villain'.

Keep up the good work Phil, I look forward to seeing more of this :D

Thanks a lot! :)

The backstory stuff is in line with my interpretation of her character; pretty much the same kinda thing I went with for her in the RP here. And yeah, there will definitely be a sort of redemption element to it. Don't think this kind of pairing would work without that.

It's on deviantART now, if for whatever reason somepony might prefer to read it there. Also posted my other fics to fimfiction, so if you guys haven't read em yet, go ahead and check them out there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...