Ponyville Picnic [xIceStormx and Dunder]

Dunder

Dunder was flying from Cloudsdale headed straight for Ponyville. He was off of work that day, his restaurant wasn't going to be open today and he wanted to see his friend Ice Storm again. He hadn't seen her as much as he wished after he helped her start the store up. To be honest, he missed her.

Dunder flew across the skies of the town, he slowed to make sure he didn't miss Ice's ice treats store. When he spotted it, he lowered his altitude and finally landed in front of the store. He cleared his throat and brushed his mane which was all frizzy from the flight over. He trotted inside of the building, the cold air rushing out and hitting him in the face.

As he entered, he smiled at the unicorn mare, "Hey! Ice, how are you doing?" He asked happily, hoping she wasn't busy or sad again. Maybe they could go out tonight, he thought.

Ice Storm was just making sure that she had everything that she had needed for the picnic today. The sandwiches, the drinks, and the syrups for their desert. It was one of the days off that she had during the week so that she was able to breath a bit and help stabilize the output of supplies. It wasn't too much longer before he showed up, and sure enough he just walked in. She smiled as he greeted her. "I'm doing just fine, I have everything ready to go, and I have the perfect spot in the park picked out for the picnic," she told him picking the basket up in her maw and walking next to him in the door. "You ready?"

Dunder trotted over to the counter and flew over it before giving her a soft hug. "Of course I'm ready." He said before nuzzling her a little. "Lead the way to the spot." He said, eager to spend some time with his friend. And he was eager to see how the food she made was going to taste, she was excellent at making frozen treats, but he wasn't sure how her regular food was. Well, she was still alive, so he supposed it couldn't be that bad.

He followed her out the door and to the park, "So, how have you been? Making lots of friends I hope?" He asked happily, hoping she was liking her new home.

"I've been doing quite well, actually," she started in reply. "Surprisingly enough my main friends are evenly spread through Canterlot and Ponyville, and two of them are princesses. Rarity and I are getting along as amazingly as ever, and I'm hopefully going to be buying another dress from her soon. Lore is still as nice as every by letting me stay there, even though I almost have enough for my own place now, and my shop has completely taken off. Everything has worked out wonderfully," she told him leading him to her favorite spot in the park just under the tree. There was another reason why she had invited him today. She would wait until a little bit later in the picnic, but the other reason behind the picnic today was to signal the three month anniversary of when they had first met, and today she was planning on asking him to become her special somepony. She just had to try to think of the right way to word it.

As he was told her life so far, he could only smile happily at her. He was glad to see that she was comfortable and living happily inside of Ponyville. What made him even happier was that he knew he helped her along the way. Maybe not as much as the other ponies, but still. "Good to hear. It's really good that you are making friends. And even the princesses... that's amazing." He told her softly, still trotting along beside her.

He sat down under the tree, he took the white and red checkered cloth and laid it down on the grass under the tree. He didn't understand why ponies always laid the cloth down, but he wouldn't question it since it was still mostly Ice's picnic. He took the basket from Ice's mouth and set it in the middle of the cloth. "So, what are we going to eat first?" He asked as he looked inside of the basket.

Ice got out the plates and everything else required for the picnic and started lay them on the blanket while Dunder was spreading it out. "I know right? Most ponies are lucky even to get to meat one of the princesses, let alone two of them!" she told him happily as he asked what they were going to eat first. "Oh, I figured we'd start off with a Couple daffodil and daisy Sandwiches and a small salad. then we have snow cones for desert," she informed him as she set the sandwiches down for them and split up the salad. "Speaking of foods though, how's your restaurant doing? must be quite successful to take up as much time as it has," she observed.

Dunder chuckled, "Yes, you are very lucky. I guess I'm very lucky to know you too." He said as he laid down on his side onto the checkered cloth. He smiled when he saw her bring out the flower sandwiches and the salad. "thank you, so much." He said, "Pretty nifty being a unicorn, eh?" He said playfully and chuckled. He started to eat some of his sandwich as she asked her question. He nodded to her and covered his mouth with his hoof, as food was still in his mouth, "Yes, it's doing pretty good now. I got a slight raise because of my hard work." He said and smiled. "And this food is pretty good." He said after swallowing. "I didn't know you could make food that wasn't ice-related so well." He complimented with a smile.

Ice laughed hwen he stated that he didn't know that she could make food so well that wasn't ice related. "Well, I can't survive on snow cones alone now can I?" she giggled clapping her hooves hearing that he had gotten a raise. "Oh my that's wonderful news! You must be so happy!" she stated taking a bit of her own sandwich. She smile, she may not be an amazing cook, but it was really hard to mess up a salad and a sandwich. She giggled again. "So Dunder, I have a somewhat personal question for you, if you don't mind. What to you think of me? As in, when you look at me, what do you think?" she asked him, the amount of confidence she was able to muster surprising even herself.

Dunder ate happily as she asked the question, his face moved from eating happily to deep in thought. His face was not at all surprised or creeped out. "Well, when I see you, I think of the first time we met in that cafe in Ponyville...and how I didn't think you'd be such a good friend based on first impressions. You had so much on your mind and so much energy, I thought you'd leave me behind, honestly." He chuckled at how silly it sounded, "But you're still going, and you haven't forgotten about me." He said with a smile. "And I see a beautiful mare." He added on before looking away, a little shy.

Ice frowned a bit when he first started saying that he didn't think that she would be a good friend at first, that she had so much energy and so much on her mind that he thought that she would just leave him behind. But that it obviously wasn't the case because she was still going and hadn't forgotten about him. She giggled and then blushed a small bit when he said he saw a beautiful mare. "Well, in that case... If you um... well, aren't seeing anypony else... I was um... kinda wondering.... if you'd be my special somepony..." she asked him straight out, the butterflies not hitting her stomach until after she had already vocalized the question at hand.

Dunder's heart skipped a beat, suddenly he could feel anxiety crawl up his spine. His face went from one to happiness to one of nervousness. He had never been in a relationship before, but he knew that Ice Storm hadn't been either. He shifted his laying down position, and looked down away from her. He wasn't sure what to say, the question had caught him a little off guard. It was true, he did like Ice Storm, she was a beautiful mare and was loveable. The two ponies worked well together, especially after all they had been through.

He looked back up at Ice Storm and nodded, "Yes, I'll be your special somepony..." He said and smiled at her. He still looked a little nervous, he had never had a girlfriend before.

Ice Storm waited nervously for his answer. She had never had feelings for anypony before and she didn't know what was the proper speed to do things. This was how everypony did it right? They found someone they cared for and then there you go. Nothing to it. Or at least so it seemed in though. Her nerves were telling her the complete opposite. That was until she heard him accept and she darted at him almsot tackling him in a hug. "Yay!!!" she said happily.

Dnder chuckled happily as she tackled him. He hugged her tight and kissed her on the cheek, "I'm glad to have met you Ice Storm. You are a truly wonderful mare... and if I hadn't landed in that Ponyville cafe, I might have never met you." He said happily. He was glad to have met the mare. He never knew that they would become soclose, close enough for them to get into a relationship. He gave her a swift kiss.

Ice smiled back to him aas she felt the embrace of his hug around her. The warmth of his body making her feel safe and secure. She felt the kiss on her cheek and it only made her smile even more. Then when he told her that he was glad that he had met her and that he was glad that he had decided to land at the cafe that day that he wouldn't have had the chance to. She giggled "Well, I'm certain that we would have met at some point if we hadn't then, though I will say that I'm happy that we didn't have to wait to do so. Everything has just been perfect, though I do still feel bad about using the bits that you gave me for the hotel room to buy the dress that I did from Rarity. I just, I have a code as a shop owner. If I walk into a shop, and the shop owner doesn't give me a personal reason to refuse to give them my business, then I will walk out with something. Every shopkeep works very hard to keep their shop open and honestly those who look don't pay the bills. I don't have anything against ponies that do that to see what a place has, but I can't bring myself to not get anything," she admitted to him.

Dunder shook hie head as she spoke again of the bits that she used to buy the dress. "No... it's fine." He said to her. Before he was bothered by it, since he wanted her to use it on something that would help her survive instead of look good. But now, it was all behind them, and she was happy and successful and they were not in love. He just nuzzled her cheek softly. "Hmmm....I feel the same." He said in response to her talking about her purchasing nature. "Anyway, I have plenty of bits to spend, and I might as well spend them." He said and gave her a smile.