Bronies in the UK

NemesisPon3

:-o Bronies who live in the UK!

I live a town which not a lot of people have heard of called Northampton :P But I used to live in Liverpool:D

I'm not the biggest fan of the UK because of most of the people who live near me:P

I had family who use to live in Northampton! They moved down to Cornwall XD. nice too see another Uk pony fan lolz

• 1 month later...

I'm a lifelong Londoner, and vaguely proud of the fact...

Incidentally, is anyone else here going to the London MCM Expo at the end of October?

EDIT: Just spotted this on the front page; some good advice there for those who are thinking about MCM, especially if you haven't been to any conventions/expos before.

Edited by BrainedBySaucepans

http://londonfurs.org.ukMaybe see you there this weekend?

If under 18 and going to meets please follow this guide; http://www.canterlot...rnet-safety-r31

Looks intriguing. I shall endeavour to be there, but I do have a couple of questions. No start time is mentioned, so I was wondering what time I should arrive. Disregard this, I've looked through the site a bit more and found the times (12-7 if anyone else is interested). They really should be on the front page... Also, I'm technically a member of the National Union of Journalists; does this mean I'm not welcome? :P

Edited by BrainedBySaucepans

I guess I'm not allowed to post here seems I'm legitimately a brony in the UK. :P

Leeds!

Looks intriguing. I shall endeavour to be there, but I do have a couple of questions. No start time is mentioned, so I was wondering what time I should arrive. Also, I'm technically a member of the National Union of Journalists; does this mean I'm not welcome? :P

It's a trap!

Looks intriguing. I shall endeavour to be there, but I do have a couple of questions. No start time is mentioned, so I was wondering what time I should arrive. Disregard this, I've looked through the site a bit more and found the times (12-7 if anyone else is interested). They really should be on the front page... Also, I'm technically a member of the National Union of Journalists; does this mean I'm not welcome? :P

Depends on weather you're there taking notes for journalistic purposes or not. ;)

It's very informal. Just a meet up. There is a fursuit walk at 3pm if you wanna tag along and take photos etc.

The walk normally goes past St. Paul's then over the Millennium bridge where de-headding takes place (Etiquette: don't take photos of suiters de-headded, they're normally a sweaty mess and trying to unwind so it's not cool to go poking cameras at them). 8-)

Bezel and I will be there from 12 (maybe 1 depending on bed-gravity on the day).

Depends on weather you're there taking notes for journalistic purposes or not. ;-)

It's very informal. Just a meet up. There is a fursuit walk at 3pm if you wanna tag along and take photos etc.

The walk normally goes past St. Paul's then over the Millennium bridge where de-headding takes place (Etiquette: don't take photos of suiters de-headded, they're normally a sweaty mess and trying to unwind so it's not cool to go poking cameras at them). 8-)

Bezel and I will be there from 12 (maybe 1 depending on bed-gravity on the day).

Right, I'll be there. I need some variety in my life right now, and meeting new people is always fun. Besides I've never actually met any furries before (at least not to my knowledge, it's not a question I routinely ask people) and I'm keen to form my own opinions of the subculture. Right now my only knowledge comes from the dark recesses of the internet, and most of that is slanderous and unsuitable for discussion on civilised fora. Don't worry, I'm not easily swayed by such things; in my opinion, any group managing to attract such a large amount of disdain must be doing something right... :D

As for the whole journalism thing, the only publication I currently write for is my blog, which never gets updated or, for that matter, read. I may end up writing a post about it, but only if people at the meet seem okay with me doing that (even then probably not; I'm congenitally lazy and easily distracted :P).

See you there! I'll be the bemused looking chap in the three-piece suit and cravat.

Right, I'll be there. I need some variety in my life right now, and meeting new people is always fun. Besides I've never actually met any furries before (at least not to my knowledge, it's not a question I routinely ask people) and I'm keen to form my own opinions of the subculture. Right now my only knowledge comes from the dark recesses of the internet, and most of that is slanderous and unsuitable for discussion on civilised fora. Don't worry, I'm not easily swayed by such things; in my opinion, any group managing to attract such a large amount of disdain must be doing something right... :D

As for the whole journalism thing, the only publication I currently write for is my blog, which never gets updated or, for that matter, read. I may end up writing a post about it, but only if people at the meet seem okay with me doing that (even then probably not; I'm congenitally lazy and easily distracted :P).

See you there! I'll be the bemused looking chap in the three-piece suit and cravat.

Well, Bronies like to fool themselves.

The reality is: Bronies do EXACTLY the same stuff as furries. There's almost no difference, only in that bronies have limited themselves to one species/show/etc.

Same type of meets/conventions/dramas are all present. Some like to dress up as characters, some like to roleplay as characters... it's all familiar. ;)

• Like 1

Well, Bronies like to fool themselves.

The reality is: Bronies do EXACTLY the same stuff as furries. There's almost no difference, only in that bronies have limited themselves to one species/show/etc.

Same type of meets/conventions/dramas are all present. Some like to dress up as characters, some like to roleplay as characters... it's all familiar. ;)

Hmm. I hadn't thought of it like that. Up to now, my definition of "furry" was pretty much: "people who like to dress up in fursuits". I clearly need to make some revisions...

That's fine... so long as you're not nervous or socially recluse you might be able to pull that off... otherwise jeans and t-shirt. You won't be impressing anyone and just standout like an awkwark sore thumb. ;)