Wrath of a Glowing Sea. OOC/ Recruitment

You have heard of Charybdis. We all have. An island, surrounded by a glowing sea. An Island, full of the experiments of a dead world. An Island....luring the greedy to their doom...

Some of the world's greatest minds came here to invent devices of salvation...and destruction...it was supposed to be the gateway, to a new age. Free of poverty and disease...and an evolutionary stage for war.

Shame...that not a single device ever left the island.

Even before the magi-bombs hit, the Princesses and other high-power figures were concerned about the nature of some of the experiments, and the mental state of those doing the experimenting. But when the Magi-bombs fell, they turned the sea into a toxic bath of disgusting, massive beasts. Even if the boats were not burned up in the blast and melted by the acidic water...the scientists were trapped in their own labs... stuck forever with their life's work.

But of course, none of you know this. All you know is a cursed island filled with riches, surrounded by beasts too mutated and hateful to imagine....

For now...that is.

With their recent expansions and gain of power, the NER has taken an interest in this old legend, and has hired a crew of soldiers, scientists, docters,and engineers to take the journey that has claimed an unknowable amount of boats and lives. With the promise of riches, weapons, and power to those who survive. It only left a single question....

Who are you?

................................................................................

All right, so this RP will take place in the Fallout universe. But this time, you will be constantly surrounded by irradiated water and untold danger ALL THE TIME. You will be on quest to make it to the island of Charybdis, loot it for anything you can get, and TRY to make it back alive.

Rules/Important things.

1. No God-modding.

2.No NSFW content, this may be in the 18+ RP section, but it isn't a romance.(Displays of affection are still allowed, of course.But if you want to take it to the stable them please go to PM.

3. You can die. So try not to do anything really stupid unless it is in-character.

4. You can be ghoulified.

5. No OOC posts in the RP thread. Please take it here.

6. You can be any race/background you want as long as it:

A: Makes sense.

B.: Is not a Dragon,Alicorn or a Human. I see no way how those can be worked into the RP. If you want to prove me wrong on the dragon bit,then go ahead. But I am unmovable on the Alicorn and Human parts.

Character sheet:

Name:(Do I even need to type anything?)

Race:(Pony, Diamond Dog, Griffin, stuff like that.)

Coat/skin/feather/whatever color:(Try not to be a hundred different colors unless you can work it into your Background, not needed if your a ghoul.)

Mane Color:(Read above, not needed if your a ghoul.)

Personality:

History:(Optional):

Gear/Weapons: (Nothing too overpowered please.)

I reserve the right to reject any applications that violate these rules. But considering the RP community here, I doubt that will be a problem.

Characters:

Fighters

1.Rebel Rouser. (Whiteslash)

2.Grimm(Cainiam)

Doctors

Egg-Heads

Gear-Heads

Kasimir.(Solareclipse.)

Game Masters.(Filled)

Thebluemage

Walker.

Name: Rebel Rouser. Son of an old famous rock star called Rabble Rouser. Most ponies call him Reb or Rou etc.

Race: Earth Pony.

Coat colour: Navy blue Earth pony. A gruff darker patch of stubble around the mouth.

Mane colour: Red white and blue Mohawk mane. Red tail kept short and jagged.

Personality/Qualities: After leaving a vault and the ponies he left with he has changed quite a bit from what he once was. Rebel is calm and collected in most scenarios. He possesses little feeling when it comes to life and death. He understands how the world works and lives by the moral that "What a pony can do. A pony will do." He doesnt see ponies as either good or evil. He simply see's ponies who have never had to be anything otherwise. He is often distrusting. But prove your a capeable character and your in with a shot. Enjoys a stiff drink and a good smoke. Mare's are welcome and drugs are good. He tends not to hesitate on the trigger.

History: He left an old vault alongside six others. They were intended to be the elements of Harmony. He was, oddly enough. Generosity. Though things have changed. After their misson he took to the wastes to simply live life as a desparado. Surviving the only way he knew how. By the bullet. Lucky for him he's a darn good shot. On his journey he came across a large Raven. He found it odd at first but he soon befriended the odd creature. It didnt seem to flee in his presence. It was brave. Rayne has stuck with him since.

Bits and pieces/Equipment: A rucksack carrying his gambling equipment, various alchoholic beverages, guitar maintenance equipment and a pack of cigaraettes. He also keeps his family airloom an acoustic guitar with him. A comb alongside brand mane wax. He likes to collect odd bits when outside. He wears a leather sherrifs duster with armor plating on areas such as his knees. A worn black desparado cowboy hat complete with feather. A checked bandana to cover his mouth.

Weaponry (sorry for the seperate part)

Primary: "Solution" A heavy frame stainless steel 44. Magum with an ivory grip and speed loader. A special design etched onto the barrel. It says "Your the problem" with an arrow pointing down the barrel. His personal work. Runs like clockwork.

Secondary: "Hero Maker" A hunting rifle with an old flag from his familes heritage tied to the rifles stock. Family airloom. Up until now it was just a decoration on the wall. The flag is from the land of S'coltland.

Melee: "Two for Flinching" A katana complete with a refurbished polished blade and balacned grip. A special etching on the blade and colour scheme to the grip. Along side a matching scabbard. Obtained outside the vault.

Name: Grimm

Race: Griffon

Colour: Dark muddy brown feathers cover his entire body. He lacks the usual two coloured tone of most griffons, but he sees that as a selective advantage. Piercing yellow eyes.

Personality: Completely opposed to his name he is actually quite outwardly friendly although he is Quick to anger, but equally quick to forgive. Likes to take charge despite his distinct lack of tactics. Relies a lot on his Griffon strength to solve problems, but also has very sharp vision. A strong flyer and he thoroughly enjoys flying. Hates getting his feathers wet and a very poor swimmer. Bit of a jack-of-all trades. Has spent years surviving by himself in the wasteland and is a born survivor. However there is a reason that some of his friends call him "Bird Brain". His intelligence is a little sub-par, but he doesn't let that get in the way of things. As far as he's concerned egg heads can do their thing, and he'll do his.

History: Born into a small tribal crag, his parents and their tribe were considered a real threat across a wide area of the wasteland as they preyed on ponies and wildlife indiscriminately. The NER put the tribe to flame when they entered the area, but Grimm escaped. Grimm was only a young fledgeling at the time, but Griffon's are born survivors. After five years of scavenging things here and there he grew accustomed to eating plant matter as a necessity. Eventually he plucked up the courage to enter the town of Ponyville. Ponies naturally fear and distrust Griffons due to their predatory nature, but a lot of parties value their kind for their innate strength, size and speed. He was quickly snapped up by a merchant company where he served as a caravan guard for a few years. He grew to be friends with the fellow members of his caravan and developed his boisterous, if hotheaded personality there. He took several jobs on the side in the towns he stayed at along the caravan routes. From bounty hunting to building where he has amassed an impressive skill set. His caravan company recently disbanded and he's been around looking for caps. Without his friends to support him though, he once again has to try and deal with ponies distrust, and finds it hard to get honest work. Spotting an open application, he jumped at the chance and signed his name onto the roster for the trip of a lifetime.

Gear: Has a custom suit of leather armour he had to ramshackle together himself due to the lack of Griffon sized armour in the Equestrian Wasteland. He has reinforced it as best he can with whatever he could find, giving it a somewhat scrappy appearance. It only covers his abdomen though. He also wears a backpack also made out of leather in which he keeps his basic tools, medical supplies, ammunition and other important survival equipment.

Weapons:

Primary: A worn bet well maintained scoped hunting rifle.

Secondary: 40mm grenade launcher recently acquired for the mission.

Melee: Just uses his talons. He can cut almost as deep and viciously as any blade.

Okay, fallout is an awesome video game series that takes place in the post-apocaliptic America.

http://www.falloutwiki.com/Fallout_world

This may help, of course, I am going by Fallout Equestria. Which is a fantastic world created by Kkat!

http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_Equestria_Wiki

Ghouls are creatures that were originally ponies (or zebras), but were corrupted by the necromantic Balefire radiation. During the transformation process, they lose most of their coat and mane, giving them the appearance of a decaying corpse. Despite the deterioration of their bodies, they still possess most of their motor functions.

Ghouls do not require any form of sustenance (although Ditzy Doo enjoys the occasional muffin) and do not age beyond the day they were transformed, thus rendering them immortal. In addition, ghouls are not only immune to radiation, but are actually healed and empowered by it. However, should a ghoul absorb too much radiation, their mind will begin to deteriorate and cause them to turn feral, leaving them little more than highly aggressive zombies.

Bigotry against the ghoul ponies is not uncommon and, in some cases, has even lead to bloodshed.

Any other questions? I am more then happy to answer!

Cool, can I be a ghoul? o.o I can't even begin to think of using the kinds of weapons... I'm not a big gun person... and I'd like to be a Wintertrot Ghoul if possible as well.

Also, I think I made a pretty cool ghoul using general zoi's pony creator. Want to see it?

Name: Polar Waste

Race: Unicorn Wintertrot Ghoul

Personality: Polar Waste is a sad and lonely pony. She hasn't become feral and makes sure not to. She just wants somepony to be some company and not judge her for being a ghoul. She hides her true self behind her power armor and makes sure nopony knows of her origins or looks. She is a careful and observant unicorn.

History: Polar Waste was once known as Polar Ice and had been a pretty well known Steel Ranger before the fallout. Once it happened, she had no where to go and was forced to deal with the radiation. Sheer determination allowed her to survive the fallout. She became a rogue ranger, a loner, and donned a full power suit, which she usually didn't opt for before the fallout. She is known as Polar Waste and is quite secretive on her looks and origins. All they know is that she is a great ranger and would make a great bodyguard for the expedition, which she decided to partake in for some adventure and perhaps to meet other ghouls or someponies that wouldn't judge her.

Gear/Weapons: She has a full suit of power armor and a 50 caliber anti-machine sniper rifle attached to her power armor. She also has her magic as a weapon which can do telekinesis, ice magic, and repair magic (for her power armor and other things). In her battle saddle is a magical energy lance. Other weapons are an assault rifle. She also has an icy breath that can freeze targets as well as spiked pony shoes.

(Hope you like the pony I made.)

post-4205-0-08615700-1342254238_thumb.pn

Hm, okay. But you see we aren't at the island yet. I see potential here, but you were hired to try and make it to the island alive and bring back what you find.

But of course, you could change it up a bit so that she is a scientist or a mechanic from Winterlot who was in need of some quick cash. Also, not all Ghouls are idiots, in fact some are Scientists that have made good, and bad, discoveries.(But if she has mostly encountered Feral Ghouls, then that would be understandable.)

Also, I would really, like really, suggest you bring at least a pistol or some other form of weapon. You will be fighting some messed up stuff and magic won't always have the raw killing power.

I am very sorry if I seem to be nit-picking, I am just offering advice so you can have the best RP experience.

Okay, it's better but I have to point out that we are not on the island nor can we start there.

If you want to be a former Steel Ranger, that is perfectly fine. But I need you to come from anywhere but the island we are going to! This is a good app except for the fact that your character apparently lives on Charybdis, and we can't have that.

Other then that, everything else seems good. But just so you know, the Star Blaster is a unique gun owned by a pony NAMED Homage! So I'm not sure that would work, besides, I think you have enough stuff!

Oh I have to be a part of this.

Name: Kasimir

Race: Diamond Dog

Coat/skin/feather/whatever color: Black fur with golden yellow eyes.

Personality: Deadpan snarker, machine freak, gun toting *******. He's friendly enough if you can deal with the sarcasm. Just dont stand between him an something he wants to take apart. A tech geek in the most literally meaning of the word, he doesn't understand the meaning of "broken."

History: Kasimir became a wanderer at a young age, he was never a dog with a pack mentality. His mind was always alight with ideas but his home just couldnt provide the mental stimulation needed. So he wondered for years in the wastes learning, building, and scavenging with no other goal in mind other then sating his curiosity. He often takes odd jobs and repair jobs when needed to earn caps.

Gear/Weapons: Dual plasma defenders, Tri Beam Laser Rifle, Tesla Cannon, modified power armor (no helmet), lab coat, tools and scrap.

Well worse case scenario with the cannon would've been you never throw anything large enough at us so i never use it (I'm not a jerk). Best case was as you said you make us fight something worth using on, in which case everyone's happy that I have it.

And heck yea Im ready!

• 3 weeks later...

Name: M4L1K

Race: Pega-Tron.

Coat/skin/feather/whatever color: Black, ashen plating with yellow, flickering CRT eyes.

Mane Color: Also black.

Personality: Really. really weird. He's like Pinkie Pie if she was as brainy as Twilight. Only silent, most of the time. He appears to be programmed to really like music and dancing. He has a bit of a problem socializing with others, being a robot, but he tries his best. Other times, he's in his own little world, staring off into space as quietly humming with the radio. Well, humming like a robot can, anyway. Being a robot, he has vast knowledge of electronics. Because it takes a robot to know a robot.

History: ???

Weapons: A gatling laser gun stored in his back, and two basic laser pistols stored on either side of his head.