The Ponies of the Food Court (OPEN)

StringHeart sat off to the side of the food court, not wanting to get in the way of any bushiness. he sad town and set bit saddle back at his side. with a smile on his face the green stallion dug around in the bag and brought out a dusty old top hat, setting it down in front of him.

Before he could play anything, string heart had to tune his guitar. the process didn't take long since he played the instrument so often, and once it was all tuned he played a few notes and chords to check it one last time.

Strings stopped his sound check when a little filly suddenly ran up to him, flooding his ears with questions. The musical pony hadn't had to deal with kids in a while and was taken off guard by her onslaught. he took a moment to calm himself and remember some of the little foals and fillies he'd had to travel with, the memories making him smile.

"yes it's a guitar little later" he said, holding onto his smile. "I've been making music since before i was your age. And while i have heard the song, I don't really Know 'Loyalty' by heart, but i could give it a shot"

String heart readied his guitar was enthusiasm.

Star smiled widely. "Radical! I'm learning to play too! Only.. I'm really not very good yet.. I was trying to learn that song earlier, but it's WAY too hard! Were you this good when you were my age?" It was a silly question, to say the least, but the little blue pegasus could certainly be a silly filly at times. ".. Could you sing it, too? I have bits!"

Emerath walked into the food court. He's a unicorn, one with a grey coat and a red and grey mane, with glasses. He looked around and saw that many ponies were conversing and enjoying each other's company. It was a sight that always warmed his heart. There were some loners, but he figured they liked it that way and decided against bothering them. He had come to the mall to get some book shopping done, and that he did. He carried some rather heavy saddlebags full of books. Well... he shouldn't call them books. They were timekeeping schedules. Empty and awaiting direction. But there were a few reading books mixed in, so he guessed it counted.

He wasn't super thirsty or hungry. He just wanted to relax and socialize for a bit before heading home with his load of stuff. He heard music drifting through the air, and centered his gaze on a pony strumming a guitar and singing to his music. Although he seemed rather unsure of his words. It was ok though, the music sounded nice, so Emerath decided to trot over and check him out.

When he reached the guitar playing pony, he sat down next to a nice little filly and allowed his saddlebags to slide off his back onto the floor. He turned and reached into them and pulled out a few bits for the nice pony playing the music and threw them into the top hat. He then just smiled and listened to the music, resting his legs and back from carrying those heavy books.

Star watched with wide eyes, her mouth in a silly grin, her ears, newly consumed audio pleasures, also just filled her heart with happy. She tossed a couple of bits into the hat. The little filly thought that He's pretty decent.. Better than me.. but he doesn't even know all the words! How can you NOT?! but that sure wasn't what she reported back. "That was SO RADICAL! Thank you, mister.. Whatever your name is!.. What else do you know?" She sat right on the floor, hoping to pick up on something new. "Oh! Oh!" she suddenly remembered something, "Can you sweep pick? I'd really like to learn but it's really hard.. But it just sound SO cool when ponies do it!" Star was only being taught by a book that she "borrowed," but seeing as she couldn't read very well at all, she was really excited to have another pony to watch and try to learn from.

Star Storm scooted up by where he patted. "Really? Thanks, mister! You're really nice and radical." Wow, I wanna be like HIM someday! I bet he has a SUPER beautiful special somepony, too! Star glanced at the pony behind her. "You don't mind, do you?"

((It's totally cool, I'm in a hurry as well so mine's prolly even shorter :P))

Emerath shook his head and made a gesture with his hoof that said, "Go ahead, little one." He smiled at how happy she looked. He missed the days when he was so young and ambitious about his goals in life. He sat patiently and awaited some more music from the pony with the guitar. Who knows, maybe Emerath would learn a thing or two from this guy. He smiled at the thought.

Luckily, Star was NOT a shy little pony. She tried it once, a little too fast, hitting a wrong string. "Wait.." She rolled her hoof again, a little slower but not quite correctly. "..Hold on I got this.." She tried a few more quick times, until finally getting it just once. She smiled WAY big. "I did it!! Ho my goodness that was RADICAL! You guys heard that, right?!" She looked around the small group excitedly. "Umm.. Here's your guitar back, mister.." She just COULDN'T stop grinning!

Emerath smiled as the guitar playing pony looked at him. "Ah... no. I'll only be here a moment, and I don't listen to much music. Feel free to play what you or the young filly wants, I'm sure I'll still enjoy it."

"Thanks, mister!" Star smiled brightly at the guitarist. "Umm.. Why don't you listen to so much music?" She thought for a brief moment, but a song quickly found it's way into the filly's cranium. "Do you know Rainbow factory by Wooden Toaster? I've been in the weather factory before.. I live right by it! They have certain rooms that me and me friend couldn't go in and we think that they really do some scary stuff inside just like the song says.. What do you guys think?! I tried going into one of the rooms that had caution tape by it and the worker guy got real mad at me.."

Emerath decided to change the little filly's conversation topic. "I don't usually listen to music cause I enjoy the quiet and crackling of my fire as I work in my study. So I don't listen to as much music, unless I'm going to a party."

"Parties are fun! I've really only been to one.." Star reminisced, "it was when I was on my way to Appaloosa, in fact!" Her thoughts trailed off of that, and onto the new pony she'd just met. "...So what kind of music do you like when you're at parties, umm.. Do you have a name?" She blinked, awaiting his answer as if "no" was a viable option.