Writers Roulette

((to figure out what this is and to join in go here: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/10514-idea-for-a-writing-game/ ))

The setting sun, Celestia's warm day had ended and would soon give way to Luna's cool night. The sky was a pale orange, with subtle hints of red, blue, and purple. Thin clouds hung in the air, as the day had mostly been clear. The fluffy floating masses of water vapor waited to be cleared out by the winged weather ponies known and pegasi. They needed to make way for the night sky to be filled with dazzling stars, a few of which had already began to poke out from under the vale of orange.

The grass was soft, untouched by the hooves of the masses. Very few ponies tread here, the line of tall pines around the area made it a quality place for peace and quiet. Even with the natural sounds of birds and scurrying animals in the brush and trees, if one were to close their eyes and remain perfectly quiet, they could hear the wind through the high mountains and rocky passes. with a slight adjustment in ear position they could pick up the sounds of gently waves washing up along a shore line, a lake? the ocean? or maybe just a river? all one would be able to tell was that there was water near by.

A gentle breeze rolled in, washing over all in its path, ruffling fur and grass alike. it passed through the trees, filling the air with the sound of rustling leaves and pine needles. the scent of nature became more prominent, especially the smell of the trees.

The blazing ball of light was slowly disappearing behind the mountains, the pale orange sky giving way to a deep dark blue. the infinite blackish blue void was ever so slightly dabbed with splashed of purple, the stares lighting up the ether as the began to come into view.

night had fallen.

It had been a productive day. His little barbershop had seen a recent jump in business, and the bits he was making would more then pay to expand.

He liked being a barber. The different ponies you see, the interesting conversations, and he felt a little closer to the rest of the town. Just the other day, he was surprised to find a Griffon waiting for him. It had been a bit odd, but he thought the Griffin had left satisfied with his work.

He walked along the beutiful pass, taking in the wonder of the area. He was excited for the next day. He had an appointment with one of his old friends from school, who he hadn't seen in years. He wondered how she grew, any changes she gone through, he couldn't wait, but he knew he had to. He saw his home in the distance, as it grew larger as he got closer, until eventually he was in front of it. He walked through, and went to his bed, setting his alarm clock, but he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep.

China slowly crawled into bed under the covers, plopping his head down on the soft cushy pillow before freeing his ears from the under the cover and letting hit fall around his neck.

he laid on his belly, letting the fluffy pillow wrap around his head and face. he let his body go limp, relaxing under the warm covers. China let out a sigh, closing his eyes .

Time passed slowly, leaving china slightly out of sorts, almost annoyed in a way. he rolled over onto his back, the covers clinging to him. he thought about what was in store for the next day. The earth pony smiled as he looked up and the ceiling, thinking of his friend. he let out another sigh, this one happy and wistful. he placed his hooves behind his head, attempting to sleep once more, but found that the sweet embrace of slumber refused to accept him.

China let out a groan, snapping his eyes open and rolling over to look at the clock. Only two hours had passed, he wasn't getting any sleep and morning was still many hours away.

China threw off his covers and got up.China put on his glasses again.Then the pony walked down the stairs.China made some warm milk and sat on his couch.China was thinking about Prancer his dear sister.Was she okay?What is she now doing for a living?China started to get worried about her but then chased the thoughts out of his mind and sipped the milk calmly.

It had been about a year since they had last talked. It had been less than pleasant, ending with Prancer storming away. It wasn't the first time they had fought, but not hearing from her for a full year was worrying. She was different than she used to be. She had it hard, but before she would just smile through it. Now it seemed like everything was catching up with her. She was more aggressive and quick to anger.

He chuckled to himself as he remembered them playing tag as foals. One time, during a particularly difficult game, he had thrown a fit and said he didn't want to play. She had walked up, touched his hoof to her shoulder, and said she was it. He still remembered the caring look in her eyes and the smile on her face. 'How time flys.' He thought, sipping his glass of warm milk slowly.

((and this, folks. is why i wanted to have us create a character from scratch. our options are to shift focus to a new character until 299 gives us more info, have umbra rewrite their entry, or have 299 allow this and say it non cannon to china's story.[comic style alternate time line]))

(right)

China looked up at the clock. 7:00 AM. It was early in the morning, the barber shop didn't even open for a good few hours. Still though, his thoughts about Prancer and his excitement about meeting his old friend again was overwhelming his thoughts to sleep again. After making and eating a quick breakfast, he decided he might as well head over to the shop. "Might as well. Might need some cleaning or something." He put away his dishes, and started walking back to the barber shop.

(Ooc: Whazzup, guys? =D Thanks for letting me hop in!)

The shop didn't actually open for a couple more hours, and he was a little bit surprised to see that one of his employees was already there. "You're in early today.." he began, "You're aware that your shift doesn't actually start for another couple of hours, right?" China had hoped that she wasn't up to anything suspicious, it was sort of strange for her to be here so early, but who knows, maybe she was just trying to score some bonus points with the boss? Anyway, it was nice to have somepony help him with readying all of the hair, nail, and other cosmetic instruments. "I wasn't sure if you would be here today, and so I thought that maybe I should come in and do the early work for you. Weren't you going to see some special somepony today?" Bonus points: earned! "Not exactly a special somepony.. She's just my sister." His worker took interest. "Oh! Wonderful, how's she been doing?" "Heh.. I haven't really seen her for awhile.. Maybe even a whole year or so.." "Well, then it sounds like it's about time you gave her visit, no?" "No.. Umm.. Yes.. I mean.. I agree it is." China nabbed another coffee and left the shop about an hour later, with one goal in mind: Try NOT to fall asleep when he got to his sisters.

((Sorry! Would you like me to fix that..? Is there a description of him somewhere or is he just being made up on the spot? I read that he was a barber but I didn't know he owned the place x3))

((Oh, shoot, it IS his little barber shop.. >#> Wow, my bad.. Well.. We can just pretend that the girl was an employee, then.. I'll edit the post now))

Visiting His sister, meeting up with an old friend, It was no wonder that he had been unable to sleep. China Knew he wouldn't be at his best today. He hoped the day would be slow and simple, maybe he should have closed up shop just for the day. He was glad that he had such great staff at his little babrber shop, now they wouldn't miss out on any potential costumers.

Speaking of his staff, he wondered why he only told her about his sister. Did china not want the mare under his employ to find out he was meeting an old friend. Why would he want that? Was it because his friend was also a mare? did he think she'd get jealous?

He pondered why would worry about that. she showed no signs of anything but a professional relationship towards him. Or he just didn't want to hear her tease him about it.

She was a good pony, but her under hooved tricks and scemes were no secret to china. Why were so many of the mares in his life living with the baggage of a dark past. He had offered her this job because she showed skill and need a chance to start over. She was nice usually, and he liked her long flowing blue mane and tail. she kept her self well groomed, her fur always light and fluffy, smelling like flowers and a summer afternoon. She reminded him of a stallion he had met once in Canterlot, nice guy really.

China paused, blushing slightly as he reminisced about that trip. "wonder what ever happened to that guy. I always let the good ones slip away"