Ahoy hoy!

Bellosh

About Myself: I like reading about history and collecting historical memorabilia (especially military hats). When I get a chance to go on vacation or attend a fan convention, I don't hesitate to go photoshooting. I pass time when on the computer by reading up on current events and playing Minecraft.

How I found Canterlot.com: I was looking for fanmade maps of Equestria when I stumbled upon the map used for the Mane RP.

How I became a fan of MLP:FiM: About two months ago, a couple old online buddies of mine told me that they were bronies. Being slightly "pony-curious" but having never watched the show myself, I got around to watching all the episodes (my efforts were worth it, hehe).

My favourite main cast pony/s: Rainbow Dash,Twilight Sparkle,Pinkamina Diane Pie
It might take me some time to become confident enough to take a shot at actual roleplaying. Regardless, I'm sure I will have fun posting here at Canterlot.

Welcome, welcome!! :3 We're happy to have you here! Probably not too many people will be up this late, but if you have any questions or anything, I'd be happy to help you out ^^ Glad to have you here, Bellosh!

Thanks to all you night owls who(?) have welcomed me so far. :P Fun fact: this is the first time I've interacted with MLP fans outside of IM chats with my buddies.

I couldn't resist adding that question mark after the who.

You like history? Do you have a favorite time period?

Earned a Bachelor's Degree in History as a matter of fact. I enjoy learning about wars the most, especially World War II.

And a hello to everyone else, too! The Welcome Song never gets old. :)

Earned a Bachelor's Degree in History as a matter of fact. I enjoy learning about wars the most, especially World War II.

World War 2, huh? I took the AP European History test a few months ago, so I know quite a bit about all that stuff...

Though I have a degree in molecular biology, I do know quite a bit about history. And I've read more literature on WWII than I probably should have. (My favorite is a "little" book called "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.")

Welcome to Canterlot!

Also first thought reading topic... "hello Mr Burns"

World War 2, huh? I took the AP European History test a few months ago, so I know quite a bit about all that stuff...

But did you PASS the AP European History test? 0.o Nah! I'm just messing with you rainb00m :lol:

So world war 2? My grandpa fought in that war ^^ He survived pearl harbor, Korean war, and Vietnam. I love my Grandpa ^^ But If you like anime too, you might want to check out a series called Hetalia. It's a spoof on the history of Europe including world war 1 and 2 xD It's fairly accurate as well.

But did you PASS the AP European History test? 0.o Nah! I'm just messing with you rainb00m :lol:

So world war 2? My grandpa fought in that war ^^ He survived pearl harbor, Korean war, and Vietnam. I love my Grandpa ^^ But If you like anime too, you might want to check out a series called Hetalia. It's a spoof on the history of Europe including world war 1 and 2 xD It's fairly accurate as well.

Hetalia is wildly inaccurate actually. So much so that it has spawned at least one web comic to go against the broken stereotypes, and Korea threatened the creators of it to ensure that they did not appear in it.

I actually DID pass with the maximum score possible (a 5). Don't doubt my history skills! ;) And my grandpa fought in Korea (I'm pretty sure) with the Marines. He's passed away now, but he was pretty cool when he was around. :)

@Starswirl: I'd like to get my hands on "Rise and Fall..." if I get the chance (and the bookshelf space). My personal favorite WWII book is "With The Old Breed" by Eugene Sledge, who fought on Peleliu and Okinawa.

@Talex: I've heard of Helatia, but I'm not into anime all that much. I hope your grandpa (and rainb00m's) had been able or willing to recount their war experiences with either yourselves or others. Hearing the stories of two Holocaust survivors, a B-29 pilot, and a Korea vet were some of my highlights of my time in univeristy.