Inconsistencies on the show

title self explanatory...

my case:

was checking some pony pics and saw one of the Pie family harvesting rocks, then, out of nowhere i remembered that Pinkie Said that it was her grandma who told her to laugh at the scary things... i fail to see any of the pie family actually teaching that to Pinkie and not the other way around, dontcha think?

thoughts, comments, moar inconsistencies?

perhaps Gramma told her this earlier in her life, and passed away shortly after...

I don't see an issue - there's all sorts of Out of the box ways of explaining it without killing the setting we were given!

If they need to, they can hire J. J. Abrams to put together a chronology that makes sense. Until then, it's just a kids show.

The general consensus I am seeing is that Pinkie Pie has a multiple choice past that changes every time she brings it up, kinda like the Joker (and if what we saw last week is any indication, she may be just as insane). I have seen that exact analogy on this board, and many other comments.

• 2 weeks later...
Lies! It's all lies!

Admittedly most of that stuff can be explained away, but still...

All of those I think can be explained away:

1. Applejack said she was the last in her class, but also younger then the CMC when she got her mark, which could easily be true, as the CMC formed because it would appear that by their age most foals indeed have their mark.

2. Dash said she was the first in her class to get her cutie mark. There is no reason to assume those two jock foals are in her class, they may be older.

3. Faust said Dash wouldn't treat a younger sibling well. Fluttershy is neither younger nor a sibling.

4. Spike stated his egg was purple and green, instead of light purple with darker purple spots. How would he remember what his egg looked like? He may just assumed it was since he is purple and green.

5. Pinky said her grandmother taught her to laugh things away. It could be her parents adopted their 'no talking, no laughing' lifestyle or one of them married into it.

6. The jock claims the Rainboom is bull, he may not have seen it (as he crashed early), or he may simply deny that she could do it (out of pride).