Canterlot Voice - Episode 5 - Iron Pony and the Birthdays!

Tenkan

The Iron Pony RP Event has begun, we got a design/audio revamp, it's CBlaze's birthday... and there are only two podcasters on?!

Is Vinyl Scratch and Octavia really the best couple? Are muffins really all that? And will Erlenmeyer and NemesisPon3 be able to pull all this off with the new 30 minute limit rule?

Find out as we join our two colt heroes in this week's mane itching, hoof biting, flank spanking episode of the Canterlot Voice!

Hosts

• Erlenmeyer
  • NemesisPon3

News By Erlenmeyer

Threads on the Rise

Questions, Shoutouts & Featured Artists

Featured Artist

Shoutouts:

• CrescentBlaze’s Birthday - 28/07/2012

Discussion

Rosewind Asks: I think in the next broadcast you should talk about which BG ponies ship the best together! Then talk about what kind of muffins make best muffins!

Cool Things

Intro Song: Pony Should Pony Pony by alllevelsatonce

Outro Song: Winter Wrap Up Metalized by Bronyfied

Flank spanking.

Heh. Leave it to Rosewind to come up with such a fun discussion topic. :lol:

Only two hosts made the discussion seem just a little thin overall, but I suppose I understand if the others weren't available. Iron Pony coverage seemed somewhat underwhelming to me, not even going into the detail of all the fun events that are currently open. A lot of the other content didn't really excite me personally either, but that might be a matter of personal tastes.

I really love the idea of the featured artists section though. This site has some amazing artists and it's always wonderful to see see them get some much deserved attention. I definitely think that section should stick around. :)

Only two hosts made the discussion seem just a little thin overall, but I suppose I understand if the others weren't available. Iron Pony coverage seemed somewhat underwhelming to me, not even going into the detail of all the fun events that are currently open. A lot of the other content didn't really excite me personally either, but that might be a matter of personal tastes.

I really love the idea of the featured artists section though. This site has some amazing artists and it's always wonderful to see see them get some much deserved attention. I definitely think that section should stick around. :)

Yes I too agree that two hosts made it seem thin and we hope to have at least three people on each week. we attempted a two host show but we preffer three XD. As for Iron pony we just wanted to let the community know it had started and that next week we will mention the threads in the iron pony section.

And yes the artist section was certainly a nice addition to the podcast.

thanks for the comment =)

"Canterlot voice is not in correspondence with Canterlot.com"

...so the correspondence and other messages I've received never happened? :shock:

Did you mean to put "Canterlot Voice is an authorized member project on Canterlot.com" ?

I'm guessing this is just a case of dictionary fail. But either way, you can't go saying you nothing to do with Canterlot.com then go using our images/logs etc. :P

Keep up the good work. It's nice to see more effort into improving the format has gone in. :Celest:

...so the correspondence and other messages I've received never happened? :shock:

Did you mean to put "Canterlot Voice is an authorized member project on Canterlot.com" ?

I'm guessing this is just a case of dictionary fail. But either way, you can't go saying you nothing to do with Canterlot.com then go using our images/logs etc. :P

Keep up the good work. It's nice to see more effort into improving the format has gone in. :Celest:

A minor mistake this week I do apologize for that we were rather taken off guard with the whole two host thing and some things we forgot to mention. next week we will be back on track.

And thank you we do the best we can to improve the show for our listeners =)

Ah good I was half expecting a complaint about saying "him or her" so often ^^;

It's fine! I'm aware I tend to make it a little difficult for people :blush:

If I could offer a little constructive feedback though? I took some public speaking classes back in collage, so I've noticed you guys have a habit of using 'nonfluencies' a lot. It's something lots of folks use, and it's become something of a common new age speaking tick.

As you talk through the day, and especially when you're doing a presentation (like the podcast) , take a mental (or even physical) note of how many times you say 'um' or the likes. Once you're done, go back and try the speech again while trying to reduce the number of nonfluencies you use.

It's hard to not use them while on the spot if you haven't or can't rehearse or plan what you're going to say (so it happens a lot on podcasts and radio shows).

I've had a lot of practice and I still catch myself doing it.

• Like 1

If I could offer a little constructive feedback though? I took some public speaking classes back in collage, so I've noticed you guys have a habit of using 'nonfluencies' a lot. It's something lots of folks use, and it's become something of a common new age speaking tick.

As you talk through the day, and especially when you're doing a presentation (like the podcast) , take a mental (or even physical) note of how many times you say 'um' or the likes. Once you're done, go back and try the speech again while trying to reduce the number of nonfluencies you use.

It's hard to not use them while on the spot if you haven't or can't rehearse or plan what you're going to say (so it happens a lot on podcasts and radio shows).

Thank you for the feedback and the tip. I'll make sure to bring this up and hopefully do it less in episode 6 onwards.

Again thank you =)

Did I ever mention how much I love your posts?

You were there from the moment we started this, and thank you ever so much for your replies, dude.

Not? Where? I don't see a not anywhere! :-|

Thanks, Artax. :D

Your advise and comments are always appreciated, Kryptchild. Keep up the great art work, by the way.

Your latest work looks even better! ;)