Re-roll

daftBLUE

Here it is, my RP character. This is only my first try, so I won't be surprised if I'm asked to edit in anymore info.

Name: Re-roll

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: Teal

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Dark orange. Both mane and tail are straight cut.

Eye Color: Green

Cutie Mark: A blue 20-sided die overlapping a white 6-sided die

Physique: Average size and shape for an Earth Pony.

Residence: This is a tricky thing for Re-roll. He does lease a house in Fillydelphia, but it's not in good shape. Dont worry, though, he's currently fixing it up to make it all nice and pretty. Sometimes, his job requires him to travel to Ponyville, where he's still looking for a place to stay.

Occupation: Works in a game store. Does odd jobs on the side, as his income from the game store isn't really much. He's pretty picky about what kind of jobs he does, though. For one, he'll always do a job that involves food, be it apples or sweets. On the other hand, he doesn't enjoy working with animals. He finds them difficult and, in the case of birds, scary. Despite this pickiness, he still does a multitude of jobs,including home decorating and working in shops.

Motivation: He got his cutie mark when he first taught a tabletop game to some other ponies, who enjoyed it. The game in question was a game called "Forests and Fillies", an offshoot of "Hydras and Hippogriffs", that isn't well known in Equestria.

Likes: F&F (see Motivation), cake, when people help him with his jobs.

Dislikes: The idea of flying, overly aggressive ponies, birds (their eyes are spooky)

Character Summary: As a young foal, Re-roll, then known as Roland, lived in Manehattan with his parents. When he was at school, he discovered a group of ponies that liked to play a game called "Forests and Fillies". Roland's best friend, Flicker, was part of the group and persuaded Roland to come to one of their meetings. As an "initiation ritual" of sorts, the leader of the group played a game with Roland. Roland lost, of course, he was just a beginner, but he really enjoyed the game. From then on, Roland continued playing F&F for fun for the rest of his time as a Foal, earning his cutie mark when he taught some ponies how to play F&F, and during his years as a Colt. He earned the nickname "Re-roll" because of his luck with dice, and how many times he got to roll again. Roland thought the name Re-roll was pretty good, so it stuck with him, and he introduced himself with the nickname instead of "Roland" After he finished school, he decided to travel somewhere else and make a living for himself. After several months of travelling, he finally came across Fillydelphia and decided to live there. Using his skills in game negotiation, Re-roll was able to barter with the landlord, who was only able to give him a fairly run-down house in Fillydelphia to lease. He also gave Re-roll the rights to renovate it after losing a game of chance to Re-roll. Getting the money to renovate it was easier said than done, however, as most of the jobs Re-roll had wanted to get were already taken, with the exception of working in a game store in Fillydelphia. Some of the time, however, he is required to help work a game store in Ponyville, so, when he's in Ponyville, he has stay in a hostel on the Ponyville outskirts for a few weeks, as Fillydelphia and Ponyville are pretty far from each other. He only spends 2-3 weeks in each town for travel purposes.

Personality wise, Re-roll is pretty intelligent. He is also rather humorous and cheerful. Many ponies would describe him as "quirky", because of the way he talks, often going off the main topic in a conversation. He has a weakness for sweet foods and can usually be found enjoying himself in Sugar Cube Corner in Ponyville after he finishes his work that involves him travelling, or if not, decorating his house when he's in Fillydelphia. He would usually relate himself to his F&F character, a suave, dashing unicorn thief known as Gold Rush. Re-roll has been playing as Gold Rush for most of the time he's been playing F&F. Due to the fact that he isn't a resident of Ponyville as of yet, he hasn't been on the recieving end of one of Pinkie Pie's welcome parties.

You may not have guessed, but I'm a D&D player.

Hello there!

I ask you to add the tag Earth Pony to the title of your post, since it's easier for the mods to classify what you're applying for. Also, you should develop his personality a little bit. Is he brave? Is he shy? And what odd jobs does he make? And lastly, please correct the spelling errors, like die=dice.

Hello there!

I ask you to add the tag Earth Pony to the title of your post, since it's easier for the mods to classify what you're applying for. Also, you should develop his personality a little bit. Is he brave? Is he shy? And what odd jobs does he make? And lastly, please correct the spelling errors, like die=dice.

Dice is more than one die, so I'm good on that. I'll edit the rest though. Thanks for the help

Hi Daft I think what Kalpira meant was Die=Dye because one would think you're referring to death.

Also this in a very interesting character maybe you can describe more about how he got his cutie-mark as I recall before from another app Ponies don't get their cutie-mark from doing something that they like. they get their cutie-mark when they find their special talent unless you mean that Re-Roll enjoys making games LIKE Forest and Fillies for other ponies to enjoy. Also you should move the cutie-mark story down to the character summery and what they mean is what motivates your pony to love what they do? Like one of my ponies motivations is that they want to spread joy to other ponies thanks to her special talent. Maybe you can move your pony somewhere else out of Ponyville because it's getting a little over populated and it would be nice if we could give more attention to the other less noticed places like Applelousa or Fillydelphia and your pony makes trips and likes to stay at Ponyville but not live there.(You don't have to it's just a suggestion) Other than that I like the concept of "Forests and Fillies" as a play on "Dungeons and Dragons"

Hope to see your character approved soon! :)

He's right on the "die". Correct usage/spelling, and pluralization since he is describing each of the pair of dice singularly.

I think that the character is really funny. Maybe you want to describe his friends (AND his F&F Character, so important and it'll give such a good insight into who he secretly wants to be) to give contrast to his personality, or show how he fit in the group?

Total aside.

Have you seen the 20-sided die socks that deiselsweeties puts out?

Dye - Liquid used to change the color of things.

Die - Reference to death, or dying. Also: commonly a square six sided object used for gameplay. The numbers 1,2,3,4,5, and 6 are represented by dots. Each side contains a different number.

Dice - Plural die used in gameplay.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF What am I doing with my life if I don't know simple words! ;^;

-goes to her corner and stays quiet-

Re-roll seems like a neat name and all, but it just doesn't sound like the type of thing a pony would name their child. Maybe he changed it at some point from what it was originally, or perhaps you could expand a bit on why he was named that. Perhaps it can simply be a common nickname?

It's fine if he does odd jobs, but I'm not sure that you can make a business out of that.

Much as I like that he likes to hang out at Sugarcube Corner, I think that Fillydelphia and Ponyville are not close enough for a simple after work walk. Perhaps he can travel between the places, staying in one or the other for a few days and doing odd jobs in both cities.

Re-roll seems like a neat name and all, but it just doesn't sound like the type of thing a pony would name their child.

Neither does Twilight Sparkle, but who am I to judge?

Maybe he changed it at some point from what it was originally, or perhaps you could expand a bit on why he was named that. Perhaps it can simply be a common nickname?

I have a theory about that in the works.

It's fine if he does odd jobs, but I'm not sure that you can make a business out of that.

By business, I meant it's just him doing odd jobs. It's not really a business, I was just dry for words.

Much as I like that he likes to hang out at Sugarcube Corner, I think that Fillydelphia and Ponyville are not close enough for a simple after work walk. Perhaps he can travel between the places, staying in one or the other for a few days and doing odd jobs in both cities.

Good idea. I'll work on it.

Thanks for all the help.

The game in question was a game called "Forests and Fillies" that isn't well known in Equestria, but still has a strong fanbase.

If it's not well known in Equestria, how can if have a strong fanbase? I'd recommend maybe making it a game that 'Is an offshoot of' whatever the main game in Equestria is. One of our other characters has a game called 'Hydras and Hippogriffs', so perhaps they're either related or an offshoot of this other game, much as there are offshoots of D&D.

In regards to his name, I'd suggest keeping Re-Roll as a nickname, but maybe naming him something more related. LIke, Cubert "Re-Roll, The Cube" and going with that.

Colts and Fillies can't actually own their own property, but he might be able to lease one. Perhaps he'd found a place in Fillydelphia that was rather run-down, but due to his game negotiation skills he was able to talk the landlord to a reasonable rate and the rights to fix the place up. Employ his gaming and roleplaying skills to something he could actually apply in his real life. There might not be enough odd jobs in Fillydelphia for a young pony to support himself, but maybe he could work there in a comic book store or game store? I could see this guy in that profession totally. S'long as he's reasonable with his income so he can still afford to live. He can still do the odd jobs on the side as a way to bring in extra income, of course.

If it's not well known in Equestria, how can if have a strong fanbase? I'd recommend maybe making it a game that 'Is an offshoot of' whatever the main game in Equestria is. One of our other characters has a game called 'Hydras and Hippogriffs', so perhaps they're either related or an offshoot of this other game, much as there are offshoots of D&D.

In regards to his name, I'd suggest keeping Re-Roll as a nickname, but maybe naming him something more related. LIke, Cubert "Re-Roll, The Cube" and going with that.

Colts and Fillies can't actually own their own property, but he might be able to lease one. Perhaps he'd found a place in Fillydelphia that was rather run-down, but due to his game negotiation skills he was able to talk the landlord to a reasonable rate and the rights to fix the place up. Employ his gaming and roleplaying skills to something he could actually apply in his real life. There might not be enough odd jobs in Fillydelphia for a young pony to support himself, but maybe he could work there in a comic book store or game store? I could see this guy in that profession totally. S'long as he's reasonable with his income so he can still afford to live. He can still do the odd jobs on the side as a way to bring in extra income, of course.

Wow, I didn't realize how much hard work listening to other people's opinions can be. Nonetheless, I'm making those changes as I post. Thanks for your contribution.

Some of the time, however, he is required to stay in Ponyville on occasion, for collecting deliveries that a certain mail pegasus, who may or may not have bubbles as her cutie mark, gets wrong. He's still looking for a place to live in Ponyville.

This sentence needs a little refinement. I'd suggest perhaps staying short stints in Ponyville at a hostel or maybe a tent outside of town or something. Fillydelphia and Ponyville are a long ways away from each other, so there should be consideration that he'd have to spend a lot of time in one or the other.