TL:DR Heya, I am Rannil. I like ponies.

Rannil

I guess it's normal here to start an individual topic to introduce yourself, but I always feel so selfish when I start a topic solely dedicated to me! So well, don't mind if I ramble a lot to give myself the feeling making this topic was worth.

So, I'm Rannil (Internetname, I have no real name anymore), 21 male and heavily addicted to show. Old news. I found this forum like 2 days ago and somehow I felt like I should join it. Previously all my forum needs were fulfilled by a topic I found on the forum of a game I played (Minecraft) but recently my post are becoming longer and more insane while most people in thread posted like 2 lines. So I got the feeling I needed to find a better place to leave my gigantic post. Then I found this forum and I felt like I should join it. Deja Vu.

In case you are curious, and you must be for reading this, those gigantic post I mentioned were long discussion about traits of the mane cast. Whether it be what kind of "mental illnesses" they would suffer in real life or what RPG class would fit the best, it was getting insanely obsessively fun addictive weird. So now I am going to post such things here! You are warned.

I also just posted this on the thread I mentioned earlier, its how I started with this show:

I first encountered ponies of a webshow site I frequent (TGWTG), to be more specific this video. A five second clip about the pink Pinky Pie, being well... Pinky Pie-tastic.

I was like "WTF IS THIS" so I showed to a friend (fun fact: a girl) and then we both read some comments and were amazed by the amount of people that were like "OMG GLORIOUS PONIES HAVE COME HERE". So I pulled op the wikipedia page and me and my friend made some fun about the silly names and the show. Then suddenly my friend like "Dude! You should watch it!". I suspect it had to do with me watching an anime called Princess Tutu earlier (not the place to discuss this, but another girly kidshow with depth FROM JAPAN)

Then indeed later I saw the start of avatars on this forum and that was the first time I was exposed to the internet culture around it.

Fun fact: It took me like 3 weeks before I got my friend into this show, by showing it openly on my birthday to all my friends and parents. It took my parents months before they made a joke about this (Yesterday to be precise)

TL:DR All it took me to get into the show was a 5 second clip and a friend that challenged me to watch an episode.

And I never stopped watching or liking the show. (Or the culture I have become a part off)

The end.

I think I done rambling for now, or being informative. Either way standard stuff: Have questions? ask! I answer. I hope you enjoy learning about me.

P.S. Yes I am insane, but of the friendship fun magic nice awesome kind of way.

Welcome to the herd Rannil! Sounds like you're gonna fit right in. Friendship fun magic nice awesome insanity is the best kind of insanity! :D

I, too, got sucked into the fandom through CR's video. The guy is awesome, so I knew if he liked ponies it was surely worth a look. Over the past couple of months I've been going to TGWTG less and less. I just find everything pony to be so much more entertaining these days :)

Welcome to the herd Rannil!

Hope you have a great time here among our forums I know I have and I've only been here for about a week.

I discovered MLP:FiM through a friend on a chat who was like "OMG PONIES WATCH!" and I watched and fell in love instantly. (Was never like MLP before then so was a bit skeptic)

I also enjoy playing MineCraft it's a fun game.

Do you read?

If so what do you like to read?

I'm a girl =D -random- I have my moments excuse me.

Do your RP?

Do you play to join in the RPing goodness? =D

If so can't wait to see ya there!

Thanks for the welcomes. ^^

Welcome to the herd Rannil! Sounds like you're gonna fit right in. Friendship fun magic nice awesome insanity is the best kind of insanity! :D

I, too, got sucked into the fandom through CR's video. The guy is awesome, so I knew if he liked ponies it was surely worth a look. Over the past couple of months I've been going to TGWTG less and less. I just find everything pony to be so much more entertaining these days :)

Yeah, I know that feeling of not having enough time to watch everything, then also keep updated about ponies and pony threads. =p

Welcome to the herd Rannil!

Hope you have a great time here among our forums I know I have and I've only been here for about a week.

I discovered MLP:FiM through a friend on a chat who was like "OMG PONIES WATCH!" and I watched and fell in love instantly. (Was never like MLP before then so was a bit skeptic)

I also enjoy playing MineCraft it's a fun game.

Fun fact: The friend that made me watch and like the show, I spammed her with "OMG PONIES WATCH!" untill she become a brony.

Fun fact2: The minecraft thread I come from has his own ponified server. I was kind of done with the game due most friends phasing out, but ponies brought me right back in.

Do you read?

If so what do you like to read?

Well I was a reader when I younger, but somewhere the computer took the time I once spent at reading. I read a lot of fantasy novels, so many I don't remember all of it. A quick glance at my bookcase reveals the the current 3 biggest eye-catchers are Harry Potter, Terry Pratchet and Quantum Gravity. (Which are all fantasy, yet all quite differently)

I'm a girl =D -random- I have my moments excuse me.

If I didn't had my random moments I wouldn't have joined here. =p (Or at least I would be half as insane and twice as boring)

Do your RP?

Do you play to join in the RPing goodness? =D

If so can't wait to see ya there!

TBH I haven't given any thought to it. I am a big DnD player, which is sort like RPing and like reading I have a past of RPing a lot (mostly in chatform), but never in an show setting. I would say it might sound weird to RP as a pony, but I already RPed as an anthropomorphic bug with six arms (which is an DnD race =p) so I lost that argument by default.

But who knows, I will keep it in mind/check it out. You never know until you try (or at least read some of it)

Hi!

Well, as PaintedWings mentioned, you'll need to post 5 times anywhere in the Introductions section before you are able to post on other parts of the board. You can find your post count under your username.

There are a lot of fun discussions around here, and a neat RP section as well.

Welcome to the Equestria Forums!

Yay!

also play=Plans XD

Also be sure to look at the getting started forum to help make your time here nice and pleasant.

You need to make 5 posts here before you can post anywhere else. FYI :P

I knew about the 5 post thing, gives me all the reason to thank the nice people that welcome me.

Hello and welcome!

Those character analysis thingies sound interesting; you should post them on here! :D

I was planning on digging them up ad bringing them here, maybe tidy them up as well. And thanks.

Welcome to the forums! :(

Thanks mate. =)

Hi!

Well, as PaintedWings mentioned, you'll need to post 5 times anywhere in the Introductions section before you are able to post on other parts of the board. You can find your post count under your username.

There are a lot of fun discussions around here, and a neat RP section as well.

Welcome to the Equestria Forums!

Coolio and thanks.

We are the Borg. You will be befriended. Resistance is futile.

I already am but I will glady be befriended again.

Yeah, I know that feeling of not having enough time to watch everything, then also keep updated about ponies and pony threads. =p

Tell me about it. My feed-reader tells me I have nearly 150 vids from that site to watch x_x. Admittedly I don't watch all the vids anyway but still...

I also haven't played many games in ages, Minecraft included. I'd probably be more obssessed with Minecraft if I gave myself projects to do :)

Tell me about it. My feed-reader tells me I have nearly 150 vids from that site to watch x_x. Admittedly I don't watch all the vids anyway but still...

I also haven't played many games in ages, Minecraft included. I'd probably be more obssessed with Minecraft if I gave myself projects to do :)

Yeah, on a daily base I watch like 3-10 videos, and read 10-20 comics. Then I also play mincraft, post about ponies, play pokemon, eat, sleep, breath. And I still lack time.

Also I got a brony miencraft server, which makes it way more fun then it should. Random digging is a lot more fun while discussion ponies.