PonyVille Market: Zecora's Cures On the Go(Open Rp)

QuickLime

First a few rules

1: Medical cures only, no relationship advice or other personal problems

2: Unique clever and funny health problems encouraged.

3: Wait till after RiverHippo's Post before joiningZecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora had quickly realized selling her potions in her small hut wasn't going to work! It was too cramped and ponies seemed to get lost! So filling up a cart with some of her bottles and vials, and pouches of several herbs and cures Zecora set out for PonyVille Market to set up shop. Once there she quickly threw together a small booth with her cart right behind so that she could easily access anything she needed.

"Oh dear I still fear I do not quite belong here" She muttered to herself quietly, feeling a touch uncomfortable being out in the open, but she was starting to calm down, though wasn't sure if her homemade remdies would be of much use out here...

"Perhaps all I need is a boost, though this was easier in my youth" She chuckled shaking her head trying to stop psyching herself out like this! Ponyville was full of her friends and she needed to remember that...though sometimes she forgot to remind herself of this fact.

Though sometimes it was very hard to do! Ugh she wished she had a little more confidence in herself! She was usually very confident and didn't have this problem usually but she felt strange today, perhaps it was something she ate?

BrightEyes the grey fox she had gotten from Fluttershy was perched on her cart and yawned looking bored already...her cast was off and she hopped down rubbing against Zecora's leg

"Oh Bright Eyes Do not tickle me, We'll have customers soon.. you'll see" She said smiling ruffling the fox's head fur gently.

• 3 weeks later...

ajbanner.png

It was a regular day in Ponyville. Applejack was selling her freshest apples in her cart, ponies were running their usual errands, little ponies were scurrying off to school, Pinkie Pie was singing her morning random songs. Everything seemed to be in check. But then there was a new vendor. A new cart in the marketplace.

Applejack had been selling Sweet Apple Acres products since she was a foal, even before she was big enough to pull the cart herself. Several memories of her brother and her going on adventures selling apples in the marketplace rested deep inside her. As soon as Applejack had gotten her cutie mark, she was almost impossible to stop. She was the first to wake up on the farm, relentlessly trying to pull the cart herself before her big brother came to help her.

She knew everypony, especially in the marketplace, thanks to her time spent there everyday. So she was eager to meet this new pony. Applejack walked up to the character, who was covered in a thick garment. When they put down the hood of her cloak, it was easy to tell who it was. The black and white stripes, the very strange manecut, and the woven tail. It was a zebra. It was Zecora.

Applejack trotted up to Zecora. "Hay, Zecora!" She saw her potions and ingredients. "Are you gonna try and sell yur stuff here!? Thats a great idea!" Applejack smiled, but then paused her emotions so that her feelings could catch up. This was Zecora, the non-pony that used to scare all the willies out of the orange mare. There was a time when the brays from the zebra had the ability to turn Applejack's pelt white. But now, they were friends. Or at least they should be. She was very grateful for being honest and helpful in dealing with matters that involved her sister Apple Bloom. But, Applejack didn't always understand her. Zecora's rhymes and riddles confused Applejack, even on the best days, and she was always weary of her methods, despite the fact that she trusted her. It was a touch and go situation for sure.

"Um, Zecora? Do you really think these fixin's are gonna help pony folk? what kinds of things ya got here anyway?"

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Zecorafbanner.jpg

The orange pony’s kind words brought a smile to Zecora’s face and she nodded “Yes AppleJack I am sure they will help and that is a fact!” She spoke to her while getting everything set up, every bottle and box, every pouch and jar were labeled with what was inside and what it helped “This Cream when rubbed upon the scalp helps your mane from falling out” She said lifting up a pretty decorative jar filled with a light green cream “Or perhaps if you are having a bad dream these teas will make your sleep serine “ She prodded a square tin that was filled with a special blend of tea bags.

“And if your stomach is feeling sick This potion will heal you quite quick” This was followed by a gesture at a long necked bottle filled with a sparkling pink liquid. BrightEyes eyed AppleJack and moved over starting to sniff the Apple Pony’s hoof hesitantly glancing at Zecora as if asking if this stranger was okay..

Zecora Smiled kindly and nodded at the little Grey Fox who yipped! Hopping up on AppleJack’s back and rested on her head poking out from under her hat.

“And I suppose this was no mystery it’s true, but BrightEyes has taken a shine to you”

KAZINA KWATO

It was a lovely day, bright and beautiful. The air smelled crisp and delightful, while sun shone just right, directly over Ponyville without a cloud in sight. Kazina was out for her morning run, relishing in the sensation of wind in her mane. With a smile on her face and eyes wide open, Kazina sprinted straight into the Marketplace. She could not believe her eyes. Another zebra? In Ponyville?!

Running near to the stand and wondering why nopony had told her there was another zebra living nearby, Kazina stopped and stared for a moment. She was beautiful, blue eyes and stripes in an ash-grey color. Kazina hadn't seen another zebra in a very, very long time. What a miracle!

"You are a zebra? It must be true. How had I never heard of you?"

Speaking in rhyme like many of her people did, Kazina was eager to see her new accquaintance's reaction.

Shanna gasped and fluttered her tiny wings hard, moving about as well as Fluttershy did when she stayed overnight with her.

The cursed pegasus mare had been ready to cry like the foal she now was when Zecora had announced she was out of the ingredients for the cure, a special bubble bath, and asked she come again the next day.

Fortunately, Fluttershy had taken her in for the night, feeling sorry for the little foal-in-body. She was simply too embarrased at what the plant she now knew was Poison Joke had done to her to go home to her family that night, and had sent her pet owl, Blizzy to deliver a message that she was delayed at a friends house.

Well it had been funny during the Running of the Leaves when she had temporarilly gained a sister in place of a brother, but now that it was her turn, it wasnt' so funny.

A thought crept into her mind. If no one recognized her so far, what if...?

Shanna thought of the Sisterhooves Social coming up soon. She was now strangely tempted to ask Zecora if the effects of Poison Joke stayed the same each time for each pony...

The bay filly came into sight of the market at last and carefully set down after spotting the unique markings of Zecora. She blinked a moment when she saw two zebras, looking from the white and grey Zecora to the white and green striped newcomer.

Her owl landed on her saddlebags as she closed her eyes to think on the language. She spoke in Equestrian accented Unyasi < Bright the Morning, Zebra Folk. > "...Good morning Zecora, has your search for ingredients been successful? "

ajbanner.png

Applejack read the ingredients, some of which were pretty amazing. They impressed her as she realized how capable Zecora really was. She knew that if she could just increase her image, she could make hundreds of bits in just one day! And then the rhyming came. Applejack was confused. She could only get half of the sentence fragments as everything the zebra said riddle her mind in circles. A little yipping quadraped sniffed at her hoof, and she lifted it in friendly yielding. "What's he on about?" Zecora replied in her usual pattern. Applejack smiled and nodded. "Well, I like shiny things, heh."

Another zebra, this one with green stripes, Rarity would be flabbergasted, showed up and acted in astonishment at the appearance of another of her race. But Applejack couldn't help but intercept the conversation. "Excuse me, miss, but uh, I don't Ah've ever seen you either! Zecora showed up around her months ago and she was the first zebra to venture into the Ponyville proper! How come I haven't met you?"

A younger filly approached Zecora, seemingly knowing just as much as any other pony who this black and white equine was. She was a healer, an amazing enchanter and creator of miracle remedies. In what seemed like another language, something Applejack could not even begin to understand, the pony asked something to Zecora.

Applejack grinned with embarrassment for not understanding. "Well, I guess I'll just go over to mah stand and sell mah apples now. You, uh, just call me if ya need any help, Zecora, and I'll come a-runnin'" Applejack pivoted herself and walked back to her stall. She wanted to help the Zebra increase her image, but she wasn't sure how to do it. She could try to teach her how to talk like a true Ponyvillian, but she wasn't sure if Zecora would be receptive to such a teaching. After all, Applejack was learning everything from her. Even Apple Bloom was learning things from her that her own sister could never have been able to inform her.

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Kazina smiled at the orange pony, reminding herself to be hospitable and social even if it was difficult. Today was the day, today she would make friends! She didn't really have any in Ponyville yet, and her recent move out of Trottingham had been difficult. Looking the country-esque pony in the eye, introduced herself.

"My name is Kazina, It's nice to meet you. I just moved from Trottingham, so I guess that I'm new. I live far from town, don't venture in much. I've made very few friends, being busy and such. Today I spotted this zebra running past on a run, oh but don't mind me now. Have your fun."

Timidly, Kazina took a step back. Her mother always said "It was better to be thought wise and say few words, than run your mouth off and still never be heard". The green-striped zebra was beginning to understand that rhyme better than any other. She stayed quiet and observed.

• 1 month later...

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora chuckled seeing AppleJack reply with her comment about Shiny things "Well AppleJack Thanks you you nothing today should go Askew.." She replied, waving at the pony as she went to take care of her own stand. Zecora liked AppleJack but she didn't understand why she made the pony so uncomfortable, she did try really REALLY hard to speak simpler around her...though speaking of speaking...The Green Zebra spoke in a style very similar to Zecora and it was almost a comfort seeing another zebra this far from home!

"I do apologize if it comes as such a shock to you! It's a surprise to see another zebra here to me too!" She said and grinned politely.

Though the presence of the... "Filly" that seemed distressed made Zecora facehoof"..BrightEyes" She said quietly, the small fox reached into the cart, snagging out a container of the mixture needed to be added to baths to get rid of nasty Poison Joke effects "Here you are my dear! Add this to your bath and your Symptoms up will they clear!" She said handing it to her "And since this is such an emergency, I will charge you no fee"

ajbanner.png

[colour=#ff6600]Applejack stopped on her way back to her apple cart as the second zebra spoke to her in the same rhyme. Applejack couldn't believe it. She also couldn't understand a darn thing they were saying. Applejack just waved and smiled, assuming they were just saying goodbye.

Behind her apple cart she started selling apples to approaching customers. But every other minute, Applejack would look across the market and see Zecora, smiling back, and rhyming when her lips moved. It drove Applejack nuts. So she walked back over there and put herself between the two zebras. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Ok look, I git it. You both lahk to talk in yer native style and tongue what-nots. But could you trah and speak normally, ya know, lahk me. You don hafta split ev'rything you say in two parts. An' if you do that, I bet yer customers will understand ya more. Why don you give it a trah?"[/colour]

The filly version of Shanna bounced up and down in excitement as Zecora hoofed her the cure for her ills.

[colour=#008080]"Oh thank you Zecora! Thank you,Thank you! I'll be a big pony again! I just need to visit the spa."[/colour]

As she turned back to shake Zecora's hoof, she saw a poster on a nearby wall for the Sisterhooves Social.

She thought for a moment and got a wicked smile [colour=#008080]* Hmmm, nopony recognized me at this age, and Hoss had a strange effect when he got Poison Joked... *[/colour]

Shanna looked back up to the zebra mare, trying to look innocent. [colour=#008080]"Zecora? Does Poison Joke do the same thing each time to its victims?"[/colour]

• 4 weeks later...

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora was about to answer her young customers question, when AppleJack started speaking, and what came out of her mouth made Zecora's face go scarlet, the other was criticizing her very manner of speaking, and seemed to imply she didn't get many customers because of how she SPOKE! Zecora had always thought her manner of speaking , while different was rather clear and to the point, but AppleJack in her thick southern drawl didn't think so... the irony of the hick pony correcting her language was not lost on Zecora, but it stung none the less!

She frowned and her ears pinned back, the rhyming had been her own little twist on the language, but if it was truly that hard to understand... "....Very well AppleJack...I'll try" She muttered glancing at the filly again, the whimsical rhyme out of her voice now.

"Yes it's always the same, Poison Joke isn't that creative "

She felt like she wasn't quite doing it right now though...

Razor groaned as he walked down the streets of Ponyville. He felt exhausted, and frankly wouldn't care if he was whacked over the head or run over by a stampeding band of cows or ponies in a panic, anything that would just knock him out.

"Ugh....why can't I sleep?" He said as he walked on, "I have deliveries to make tomorrow night and I can't do them at top speed if I don't sleep."

Razor had tried everything from drinking hot milk, to counting sheep. He had even tried counting stars, or reading a book, but still nothing. It was getting so bad that Razor was ready to shout to the entire town that he would give all his bits on his person, two hundred at the moment, to anypony who could just knock him out.

"Maybe I should. Whats the worse that can happen? A concussion, thats a minor risk." Razor said chuckling slightly mad.

As he plotted his course of action, Razor saw something he had never seen before. A zebra, and she seemed to be selling stuff. Feeling curious, he walked over.

'Hey...maybe she has something that might help me sleep. I'd gladly take a bucking to the head at this point.' Razor thought with a slight twitch of his eye as he chuckled.

He stopped at the stall, his shorter height coming into obvious notice to anypony that looked and said, "Yo, not sure what your selling but it seemed interesting to look at."

Kazina was confused (and a little bit hurt) by Applejack's remark. She'd never spoken any differently, how could she? It might even dishonor her family and ancestors. She already felt disliked by Applejack, and she timidly replied in defence.

[colour=#006400]"Excuse me, Miss Jack, I don't mean to offend. I've spoken this way for so long, I don't think it can end. Every zebra in my tribe preaches the elegance of rhyme, and I don't want to lose this skill for it took so much time. If my mother saw me speak like everypony does, she might just cry tears of grief for it is a custom she loves. As I'm sure Zecora can tell you, zebras are poetic. I don't want to look silly to them, I don't want to appear a heretic."[/colour]

Once more Kazina had spoken quite a bit and backed off, waiting for a reaction from the All-Equestrian pony.

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack tried to listen as best she could to the zebras. Their rhythms when talking confused her a lot. But while she said what she thought would be an encouragement, both of the zebras looked like they took a strike of offense when Applejack said what she did. When Kazina expressed her thoughts in the usual rhyme, Applejack listened intently. It took her a minute to process what she said, and she couldn't understand all of it clearly, but she did get the main idea. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Ah'm sorry. I don't mean to make you feel bad, Kazina, its just that lots of ponies probably have a hard time understandin' ya is all. I know I do!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Not sure exactly how many people fall under Applejack's bracket, she continued to listen to what the zebras had to say.

As a griffon walked up talking about how he needed sleep, Applejack couldn't help but understand she was being surrounded by non-ponies. But Zecora tried to do what Applejack said. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Yeah! See? That wasn't so hard..."[/colour]

Kazina smiled politely at Applejack who was clearly making an honest effort to understand and listen to her. That was awfully polite, not many ponies were like that. Kazina had only met a few since she moved to Equestria and didn't want to make the country mare feel badly.

[colour=#006400]"Miss Applejack, there's no need to fret! I appreciate your words, but my speech is set. Thank you for your concern, thank you for your time. Unfortunately, I'm quite into rhyme."[/colour]

Kazina chuckled and glanced at Zecora, still quite enchanted to have met another zebra. She quickly gave Applejack a friendly nudge on the shoulder with her hoof, a gesture of friendship in her tribe.

(OOC: Apologies for the wait, its not been a good year to be me, health wise.)

Filly Shanna listened intently to Zecora for her answer.

However, the mare that was most recently known for her recent kissing booth sales day at Sweet Apple Acres had spoke up, plainly confused or uncomfortable with the ways of Unyasi speech and making what she thought were reasonable suggestions.

Zecora looked upset, and spoke in plain Equestrian, giving her the answer she needed.

Shanna grew very excited, her filly state of mind overwhelming her for a moment as she jumped several feet in the air! Her plans worthy of anything the CMC ever cooked up were in her grasp! [colour=#008080] "YAY! Thanks Zecora! I'll finally be able to enter the Sisterhoov... Errr umm..." [/colour]

She landed and blushed sheepishly, looking at the adults around her [colour=#008080] "S-sorry for my outburst, please. This little filly body is so hard to control sometimes... Please don't tell anypony -Especially my bro... my family!"[/colour]

She looked at Zecora, speaking in Unyasi[colour=#008080] < Would you like for me to stick around longer for moral support? I'm sure Miss Applejack means well, even if she has a strange way of showing it sometimes. >[/colour]

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora felt like she was being really phoney with the way she talked, even though AppleJack seemed to mean well...Zecora was slightly hurt since she had worked so hard to learn their tongue yet still retain her own heritage, the other speaking in her native tongue made Zecora smile, albeit softly "< I know she means well but it still hurts a little, if you wish to stay I would not mind, however I think you should go have your fun> " She then switched back to "Plain PonyTounge" "Oh I will keep you're secret safe don't worry" She patted the small foal on the head, though noticed another had arrived, this one a Griffin.

"I sell cures for sickness, and common discomforts" She explained, again without the rhyme... "Is there something troubling your mind..?"

Kazina smiled pleasantly at her counterparts and decided it was time to continue her run. She had made new friends today! Well, not quite friends, but new acquaintances! Who weren't scared of her! It was such a wonderful change, Kazina felt warm and fuzzy allover.

[colour=#006400]"Well, I have to be on my way. Good luck, everypony, have a nice day!"[/colour]

Kazina ran off on her way, wondering if she'd ever again meet Zecora and Applejack. She sure wished so...

"I...uh...I don't know. I got a great deal of deliveries that are on a needle like due date, and I can't risk messing these up or I might lose some very wealthy customers." Razor said as he gripped his head, now hyperventillating.

"And even I don't know if I can make the due dates, so I've doubled my daily work out routines to be ready. But I still don't know if I can make it. What if I'm not a great flier? What if I lose my customers? What if I'm just a puny little failure! Ahahahaha!" Razor said as he curled up and started to cry slightly. Sleep deprivation starting to play its toll on his mind.

After a moment, Razor slapped himself across his face and stood up straight, though his eye twitched every so often, "I'm calm now."

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]The scene that the griffon was making was a bit random, and a bit pathetic. Applejack wasn't really sure how to respond. So, instead of trying to make the griffon feel better, she turned to Zecora. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Is there anything you could do to help? Like a potion that helps get on time? Or a pill that will help him do fine? Or a powder that can make his self-esteem shine?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack spoke this and then paused, looking at Zecora. She hadn't intended on rhyming, but she somehow did it anyway. And it really freaked her out.[/colour]

Zecorafbanner.jpg

"The problem is very clear to me that he suffers from sleep depravity " She said before cringing "I apologize AppleJack, but your slip accidentally pushed me back!" She chuckled and sighed lightly before looting through her cures, Bright Eyes yapped holding a bag in his mouth. The Zebra smiled taking it and tossed it up "Ah this will suffice indeed, thank you little friend for your good deed" She scritched the small fox's head softly before offering the Griffin the bag tied with golden thread

"This is just the thing for you, to help you grab much needed winks or two" She said and smiled kindly to her rather frazzled customer, he seemed really edgy, he seriously needed more sleep.

Razor's eyes widened as he looked at the bag with awe and he quickly snatched it away, "Give me that!"

Razor held the bag and looked at it with pure admiration and worship, verging on insane joy, "Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!" He snatched his bit purse and upended more then half of its contents, one hundred and twenty five bits total, right at Zecora's hooves.

"Ehehahahahahaha," Razor laughed, "how is it taken? Do I just eat it?" Razor opened the bag to take a look inside it.

Zecorafbanner.jpg

It was raining bits! Holy Celestia Zecora had never seen so many all at once in a pile! It was ridiculous "Oye Oye! No need for such ! Fifty is all that is needed thank you very much!" She exclaimed and chuckled shaking her head before moving a hoof onto the griffin's shoulder "No no that is not what you do! To take it first it you must brew! Stop by my hut and I will show you now! But goodness me do not have a cow!"

The other was slightly scaring the Zebra but you would never know that, she shook her head and glanced at Bright Eyes, whom was now sitting on her head, paws resting above her brows.

Razor turned and placed his claws on the zebra's shoulders and began to shake her with excitement, "Ohthankyouthankyouthankyou! Keep the bits, who needs bits when I can get SLEEP AHHAHAHAHAHA!" he said at a rapid pace verging on psychotic mania as he laughed in joy.

"Oh please please can we go brew this now. What you want me to do, want me to fly you home, I'll fly you home so we can brew this stuff. I'll fly us fast to your hut, lets go lets go lets go."

Razor was now jumping up and down, chuckling and an eye twitching as his wings flapped up and down with excitement and an eagerness to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora blinked as the other grabbed her and started to shake her, "Please stop shaking me,for you are making me queazy..!" Moving her hoof up then and she PUSHED the shakey griffin away from her, her stand she had no intentions of leaving, but she searched her cart for a vial, and she uncorked it, grabbing a cup, pouring the steaming water into the cup before putting in one of the tea bags, after a few seconds and the water was a rich golden brown she offered it to him "Drink this and be calm, the day is still very long! After all my work is through, I shall brew a pot of the tea for you" She assured him.

The tea she had given him to drink was something from her homeland that was made with perfumed Jasmine and chamomile to help calm the nerves, though it most certainly wouldn't put you to sleep.