Rate the song above you

punky

A bit mellow and formulaic for my tastes, and I don't see much connection between the lyrics and verse of the chorus. At the end of the day though, formulas become formulaic for a reason, they work. Loved the solo too, since it actually fits in with the rest of the song.1

3/5

I haven't heard many MLP related songs that aren't from the series, so I'll have to throw in something completely different:2

--------

1 Something a lot of guitarists don't seem to care about.... :-(

2 Which gives me a chance to introduce others to my bizarre tastes.... :D In my opinion it's really unfair on Electric Six that they get dismissed as one3 hit wonders.

3 Or two.

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to go wrong with Nirvana. This actually isn't one of my favorites of theirs, though. I do like the lyrical structure, but I think it's just a little bit too Nirvana mellow for me to listen to it a lot, unless I'm in the mood. But the thing that's bugging me is probably the compression of the recording; it looks like an old VHS. It's a mellow, subtle kind of song and loss of dynamic range is not doing it any favors. I'm sure it was great live. But it is still Nirvana, so, good times. 4/5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emogqey7DxQ

n-no i'm not obsessed, shut up

I really like her sound! Her voice is actually really cool; it's a tone I look for in female singers. And I love the sudden Rockabilly/Folksy sound during the chorus. I kinda sense a mix between Avril Lavigne, Mumford & Sons, and a bit of Lacey from 'Flyleaf'. Definitely makes me happy! I think I have a new favorite group! 5/5 :kissy:

This song right here has become my favorite song (so far) of 2012. I've loved Owl City for a while since I first heard 'Fireflies' and the rest of his album (Ocean Eyes). This song came out and I was a little hesitant of checking out ANY songs off the album after hearing 'Good Time' with up and coming Carly Rae Jepsen. But I'm glad I checked this out because it's a great contemporary with a sad message, but at the same time a comforting exposition. Check it out!!!

• Like 1

I must say that I've never been a fan of Owl City...Not sure why, but after giving that a listen I feel that I might be adding them to my library quite soon XD That was really amazing, beautiful sound! 5/5

Now for one of my favorite bands. Hailing from Bonnie Scotland! We Were Promised Jetpacks!

• Like 1

Hm same here for me XD Not really my thing but still enjoyable! 3/5 for the first song and 4/5 for Pendulum (little more my style)

Little bit of French for anyone who likes it XD Don't understand the lyrics, still love it though!