Character -> Episode

weesh

When showing episodes to people, I start with the pilot and then ask them for their favorite character. I then tailor the next episode I pick from their choice, unless they are already insisting that I go from start to finish.

Which would you pick for each of the following choices?

*Applejack

*Fluttershy

*Pinkie Pie

*Rainbow Dash

*Rarity

*Twilight

*Spike

*Celestia

There may be others that people would pick, but so far these are the only 8 answers that I have heard. Feel free to add a few.

Note that you don't have to pick different episodes for each. Some episodes may feature the best of more than one character.

My choices are spoilered, in case you want to think about it before seeing mine:

My choices assume that the person has ONLY seen the pilot, and may not show my favorite episode for that character, but do show my favorite that they can fully appreciate having only seen the pilot.

Applejack - Fall Weather Friends

Fluttershy - Dragonshy

Pinkie Pie - Feeling Pinkie Keen

Rainbow Dash - Fall Weather Friends

Rarity - Dog and Pony Show

Twilight - Feeling Pinkie Keen

Spike - Dog and Pony Show

Celestia - A Bird in the Hoof

Okay I get it so pick one that you think that is the best for each character I get it.

Applejack:The Last Roundup

Fluttershy:Putting Your Hoof Down

Pinkie Pie:Putting Your Hoof Down

Rainbow Dash:Hurricane Fluttershy

Rarity:Dragons Quest

Twilight:Lesson Zero

Spike:Dragons Quest

Celestia:A Royal Wedding Part 2.(PWND!)

Not necessarily the best, but the best showcase of a character for noobs.

Twilight: Winter Wrap Up

Pinkie: Griffon the Brush Off

Applejack: Applebuck season

Rainbow Dash: Sonic Rainboom

Rarity: Suited for Success

Fluttershy: Dragonshy

Spike: A Dog and Pony Show

Celestia: A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2

Hmm, for a new vierwer, I'd go with:

Twilight: Look Before You Sleep

Pinkie: Swarm of the Century

Applejack: Applebuck Season

Rarity: Suited for Success

Fluttershy: Green isn't Your Color

Spike: A Dog and Pony Show

Celestia: A Bird in the Hoof (we really need more Celestia focused eps)

Heh. Mostly season one episodes. Even though I'm on record as saying Season 2 is better, Season one is where the characters were established, so it's naturally better for someone new.

• Like 1

Twilight: Winter Wrap Up

That one was so close for me that I've been second guessing my Twilight episode since posting. I almost gave it an honorable mention.

I'm gonna stop posting when I'm not sure of anything.People keep calling me noob.

That is sad, I want to hear your response.

I would have hoped that this site would be a safe place, even if you go out on a limb. I've certainly found it such.

That one was so close for me that I've been second guessing my Twilight episode since posting. I almost gave it an honorable mention.

That is sad, I want to hear your response.

I would have hoped that this site would be a safe place, even if you go out on a limb. I've certainly found it such.

I already responded.But I thought it was the same thing although this was just the first time being called a noob on here.

I already responded.But I thought it was the same thing although this was just the first time being called a noob on here.

oh, I get it.

You weren't being called a noob though.

Dessa was prefacing her post with the clarification that her picks were for those with no experience.

Don't introduce someone to FiM with the pilot. Bad Weesh!

Why not? It's one of my favorites, it hooked me, and it works!

• Like 1

I would be hard-pressed to use the pilot to introduce FiM, especially to a skeptic. The slice of lifey fun character interactions of later episodes are far less overwhelming and give a good taste of the "x factor" that makes FiM so addictive. The pilot is more of an adventure plot designed to introduce the Mane Six, and doesn't really explore much else outside of that. Later episodes do.

However if it works for you, it works! Perhaps using this method is effective, since you're giving your victim viewer a chance to resonate with a character they like, making the cartoon instantly likable and relatable to them.

I would be hard-pressed to use the pilot to introduce FiM, especially to a skeptic. The slice of lifey fun character interactions of later episodes are far less overwhelming and give a good taste of the "x factor" that makes FiM so addictive. The pilot is more of an adventure plot designed to introduce the Mane Six, and doesn't really explore much else outside of that. Later episodes do.

Hmmm. I've only introduced the show to two skeptics, and I wanted them (my parents) to see it just so they could understand what I liked. Most of the time, If they aren't already interested after a short pitch, then I just let it drop. I certainly don't consider them victims. : )

This would be my list:

Twilight: Lesson Zero

Applejack: Applebuck Season

Pinkie Pie: Feeling Pinkie Keen

Rarity: Suited For Success

Fluttershy: Putting Your Hoof Down

Spike: Dog And Pony Show

Celestia* Luna: Luna Eclipsed

* Luna (as Nightmare Moon) had more screentime in the pilot than Celestia, you know. :blush:

Fluttershy: Putting Your Hoof Down

That is one of my favorite FS episodes, but I wonder if it is better after you have gotten to know her better.

Celestia* Luna: Luna Eclipsed

* Luna (as Nightmare Moon) had more screentime in the pilot than Celestia, you know. :blush:

I almost made an entry for her, but no one has yet said she is the favorite, and there is basically only one option!

oh, I get it.

You weren't being called a noob though.

Dessa was prefacing her post with the clarification that her picks were for those with no experience.

Yes, Weesh is correct. Brony#299, you have over 2000 posts. How on earth would you qualify as a noob?