W&D S01EP26 - "The Best Night Ever" [it's live!]

A lot of unexpected stuff for the finale, although even this episode got a few shortcomings.

PROs:

-The Cinderella intro was nice, although it got confusing when the horse/mice got introduced - does this mean that horses are not human-like in pony world?

-AJ pointing out that the ponies are generally naked was quite humorous. Rarity must be the strange one for saying that they were still dressing up to Spike. JUST ABOUT EVERY CREATURE IN THIS SHOW IS NAKED, RARITY!

-The song "At the Gala" was great, definitely fitting for the finale, although I'm not sure if it's my favorite yet.

-Pinkamena Diane Pie's hair always fits her mood, styling it down while happy only worked for 2 seconds before it re-inflated.

-Trollestia confirmed, even if it's not at the level of the fandom's interpretation.

-Derpy was at the Gala. :) I just wish Dinky was there too. It would have made me HHHNNNNGG until I exploded. Twice.

-2 Wonderbolts unmasked: Soren (Male) and Spitfire (Female). They don't have much development but they have a starting ground ready. Although it feels they should have recognized Dash a bit more: didn't they spend a day with her? Or was it the other members that Dash spent the day with?

-Rarity was amazing in this episode. Probably her best episode yet, even though it was supposed to be focused on everypony.

I especially loved it when Pinkie pointed out she lost her shoe (Another Cinderella nod), and promptly went back to crush it.

-Spike was great too, even if he was absent for a fair portion of the episode.

MEHs:

-Angryshy was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS, BUT it was WAYYY Out of Character for Fluttershy. I can see it being plausible, since this was supposed to be the BEST NIGHT EVER and she might have overhyped herself, and that being dejected by animals might have taken a toll on her sanity, but it feels that she jumped from "Patient, Caring Fluttershy" to "Angry, Greedy Fluttershy" a bit too quickly.

-Prince Blueblood turning out to be a giant, narcisstic ass made some absolutely hilarious scenes, like the one where he used Rarity as a shield to the cake, but I feel that as a result, he comes off as having a really one-dimensional personality. It's not that bad a thing, but I hope that if he makes any future appearances, he'll be less self-centered.

CONs:

Twilight and Applejack were a bit neglected in this episode, I feel. Dash and Pinkie got a decent amount of air time, while Rarity and Fluttershy effectively stole the show.

-The episode could have used a second part. This isn't that big of a con, but...well, see my next point.

-This episode REALLY didn't feel like a proper conclusion of a season. It felt like "Yet another episode". In a way, this is a good thing, but if season 2 wasn't already confirmed by now, this would have left me with an extremely sour taste in my mouth, becasue it didn't tie everything nicely.

That being said, I treat this episode like any other to me now...there's just a 7+ month wait before the next one. :cry:

Overall, I plan on remaining loyal to my pony overlords until the next season. They gave me an amazing first season, and I trust they will give me another great one in time (And hopefully forever).

I should really start up on drawing them.

LOL THAT WAS EPIC. Such snooty ponys... I wanted to smack Blueblood.

And Man...... Fluttershy... She demands love... and Everyone Runs. XD XD

Heh. That was exactly what i hoped it would be.. Not what they expected. XD

Seriously.. Is it me or is Celestia the Best Princess ever. XD

Seriously.. Is it me or is Celestia the Best Princess ever. XD

she is.

-Angryshy was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS, BUT it was WAYYY Out of Character for Fluttershy. I can see it being plausible, since this was supposed to be the BEST NIGHT EVER and she might have overhyped herself, and that being dejected by animals might have taken a toll on her sanity, but it feels that she jumped from "Patient, Caring Fluttershy" to "Angry, Greedy Fluttershy" a bit too quickly.

i see your point, but i think it was well done, Fluttershy sometimes seems like a 'perfect' character: ever loving, ever caring, ever cute, etc. so it seems to me that is perhaps natural that she finally got to explode like that, making her more human.... pony... human-pony... whatever.

Moreso since those kind of people tend to actually snap badly like that (talking from experience :roll: )

and we dont know if she jumped between mindsets, it could have happened after hours of trying without results so far, i'd say something like 9pm through 3am or something like that.

edit: Spitfire is sooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!, favorite secondary pony now

-The song "At the Gala" was great, definitely fitting for the finale, although I'm not sure if it's my favorite yet.

Yeah, it isn't up there with Winter Wrapup or The Art of the Dress for me, but that is very likely because the song hasn't *grown* on my yet like the other two have.

Angryshy was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS, BUT it was WAYYY Out of Character for Fluttershy. I can see it being plausible, since this was supposed to be the BEST NIGHT EVER and she might have overhyped herself, and that being dejected by animals might have taken a toll on her sanity, but it feels that she jumped from "Patient, Caring Fluttershy" to "Angry, Greedy Fluttershy" a bit too quickly.

Ridiculously funny but I do agree it was rather out of character so someone who dedicates so completely to the idea of putting others (especially animals) first, but you are also right she could have just snapped in that moment of stressful weakness we all have.

Remember ponies, don't dare break her heart, now we have two big reasons why.

Brilliant ep! Loved Psychoshy and the musical numbers were good. Still, this may mean some reinterpretation of RP chars (notably teh_Brawler's Price Astron who used Blueblood's build, colours and cutiemark way before we found out his name and rather objectionable personality... I wonder, will we require Astron be reworked to make him into Blueblood or allow the two near identical ponies to be played in parallel).

Something small I noticed in the first song sequence:

untitled-5.png

Fluttershy has an admirer!

Edit to add:

Spitfire is sooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!

And where there's a Spitfire there must be a Messerschmitt in need of shooting down.

:lol:

Brilliant ep! Loved Psychoshy and the musical numbers were good. Still, this may mean some reinterpretation of RP chars (notably teh_Brawler's Price Astron who used Blueblood's build, colours and cutiemark way before we found out his name and rather objectionable personality... I wonder, will we require Astron be reworked to make him into Blueblood or allow the two near identical ponies to be played in parallel).

Something small I noticed in the first song sequence:

untitled-5.png

Fluttershy has an admirer!

And he has an hourglass...

>.>

<.<

It's the MASTER!~