W&D S01EP26 - "The Best Night Ever" [it's live!]

When Pinkie Pie saw the Gala, I thought she was going to explode.

And I mean, who didn't know the Gala wasn't going to go as everyone planned?

OH GOSH CRAZY FLUTTERSHY! D:

I like how it was Twilight by Celestia's side instead of Luna. /sarcasm

Also, Soren the Wonderbolt? Somebrony on the show a Guardian's fan, perhaps? Anypony else catch this?

Also, Soren the Wonderbolt? Somebrony on the show a Guardian's fan, perhaps? Anypony else catch this?

Yupp, when I first heard it it took me a bit to place the name though.

I knew Fluttershy would snap eventually, it is always the quiet ones that you have to be careful around. *watches back*

Haha but all in all I thought it was a pretty well put together episode.

~Sage AkA Freddie Freewings

I loved Fluttershy's little break down. Nice opening with a cindrella theme. And of course a wonderful music number.

Rarity snapping at the Prince was hilarious as well.

And of course Celestia invited them to ruin the part... oh Princess, such a troll.

I'm already two minutes in and it's like...'OH NO! Our mice unicorn things ran away! Whatever will we do?'

cough cough surrounded by unicorns cough

Another two minutes and lololo. Jokes about horse drawn carriages, now wearing clothes. This episode is making fun of itself

Another two minutes and lololo. Jokes about horse drawn carriages, now wearing clothes. This episode is making fun of itself

It truly is. Haha, the look on Twilight's friends face.

Wait, you...turned mice into horses in order to pull a carriage full of ponies? Twilight, you shouldn't have.

LOL Willow loving your avatar XD

And I agree I was surprised Rarity put up with him for so long.

And on that Celestia 8D always being the trickster she is.

Also I was hoping to see a glimpse of Luna since she does live there now right?

She's locked in the dungeon.

What I saw...

-- Rarity using her charm to get the neighbor stallions to pull the cart for her.. Yeah, I'd happily do it too if she gave the pleading eyes like that

-- Whipping the local ponies isn't the best way to make friends and influence equines Spike

-- EPIC SONG! (Dear lord AJ has a stunning singing voice <3)

-- Twilight is something special, got to sit right next to the ruler of all of Equestria while she greets dignitaries (although Celestia is too busy to really talk to her, but that honestly isn't her fault at all). Kinda was hoping Luna be seen somewhere in the background as she is a royal, oh well.

-- Prince Blueblood... LOL!

-- "I love whistlin' while I work boss!"

-- AJ, I had absolutely bad sale days like that in Dealer's Rooms so I completely sympathize!

-- Not surprised Dash can be that disregarding at all.

-- Wow Blueblood, you really are a world class asshat! Bronies by the bushelful dream of having that chance to be a total gentlecolt for Rarity!

-- Orion pony! (The pony who REALLY shook Twilight's hoof), sorry..astronomy geek moment there. :)

-- ANOTHER SONG!

-- Wow…total asshat. AJ took him insulting her food rather better then I expected.

-- STAGE DIVE!!!!!

-- You think Pinky can be the scariest when she is upset, you haven't seen Fluttershy's moment yet. Whoa be to the animal or pony who spurs Fluttershy's love in the future O_o MOST HILARIOUS MOMENT EVAR!

-- The Gaia it turns out is some hoity toity event that Celestia is likely required to hold to keep the nobles and bluebloods of Canterlot happy and she is all too happy to troll them if the moment presents itself. No wonder Luna didn't attend, she probably ditched it.

Pretty good episode and an excellent way to finish season one. I am not sure on the prince part only because it is sad to see finally another male pony given a personality only to have him be a complete asshat. Other then that I enjoyed the whole thing. Once again I expect to see a thousand expression macros just based on Flutershy alone.

That and I want to draw Dash/Wonderbolt ship...

"COME OUT!!!"

""

"YOU ARE GOING TO LOOOVEEE MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

HOLY **** FLUTTERSHY O_O

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

silly Pinkie Pie, thats Vinyl's expertise area

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

expected the prince to be a douche

Pinkie: "Your prince is sure to find you!"

Rarity: *breaks shoe*

Oh man, I can't wait for the HD upload of this episode, as well as the inevitable Euro Beat remix of "At the Gala". I damn near fell out of my chair when Fluttershy snapped XD. Also Trollestia officially confirmed, she congratulates them for ruining the gala.

hi hi

So great! And if anypony says they don't like it, I can just tell them: "Well, it just wasn't what you expected." :)

The ending made me D'awww something fierce... "Friends have a way of making even the worst of times into something pretty great." Those words struck deep like truth.

Also, Pony Joe and The Groundskeeper... They're now my favorite side characters. (next to Derpy perhaps) I got the inkling that Fluttershy might have actually enjoyed herself if she'd have spent time with the groundskeeper, but she was too fixed on her plan. I guess its like the old saying, "No party survives first contact with the guests." Or something like that.

The Wonderbolts, even though they inevitably got tied up, proved to still be pretty awesome.

Six way split screen, such determination! :)

Did anyone else notice how the normal, everyday ponies of Ponyville were by far more gracious? At first I was just thinking that it was about Blueblood, but when I got to the part where he wouldn't even open the door, it suddenly dawned on me. Sure blueblood was kind of a jerk, but the ponies that helped pull the carriage were grade A+ good folks.

Twilight is still my fav overall, but wow, Applejack's braided mane stole the fashion show I think.

Epic song! +++

I think the wonderbolts must have a core team and a newbie tier.

Did anyone else notice how the normal, everyday ponies of Ponyville were by far more gracious? At first I was just thinking that it was about Blueblood, but when I got to the part where he wouldn't even open the door, it suddenly dawned on me. Sure blueblood was kind of a jerk, but the ponies that helped pull the carriage were grade A+ good folks..

I suspect the gaia is normally for the elite hob nob of Equestian society who tend to act a lot like the feudal nobility of old; while the folks of Ponyville are your average citizens who depend a lot on the good will and generosity of their neighbors, and thus are willing to be far more giving and helpful on average. Who knows maybe it was Celestia's plan from the beginning to invite Twilight's friends in the hopes that they would bring excitement to an otherwise stale yearly affair that she is required to host.

hi hi

I thought Soren was a play on words with "soaring."

Also: Rarity "I refuse to let you put on your new dress when you're all sweaty." Oh Rarity, if only you knew how it would end up. :)

Ever since "Ticket Master," I had the impression that the tickets weren't tickets in the sense that you bought them at ticket master, but rather passes handed out to friends of the hosts. Sort of an invite only social event. I bet they could have pulled off the evening if they had someone on the inside to anchor them, rather than running off in all directions. So I try not to be too harsh in my opinions of the snobby elite ponies, after all, for the most of them they probably weren't in their every day character either.