Return to Ravnica [Open! Apply in OOC thread!]

Faithful scoffed a bit at his question, giving a sad grin. The Boros Legion were cracking down hard on criminals due to the actions of several high-profile targets, and more executions were going on every day than in the past two hundred years, which was a surprising amount.

"...they are starting to become agitated, to say the least...if things keep going as they are now, they are going to crack down hard on the populous itself if it means taking care of the saboteurs."

She shivered at the thought of what the Boros leaders would handle this situation...it was a thing that frightened her beyond belief. Rumors of them doing something drastic were only growing, and it could only be a matter of time before everything went to hay.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrenchy had been trying to butt in the whole time but everyone was too obsorbed in there ideas to even take notice of the mare this was all about!! But what Silver had just said... 'Niv-Mizzet was going to enjoy this?' enjoy what!?... where they about to... on the celebration of peace of all days? Oh boy...

"We aren't going to war are we!? " She asked, shocked that it would come to this over something she had never done! Why couldn't Wrench do what she thought would be easy!? "Guys your forgeting something here. Why can't you get me to Niv and i can explain myself? Surely a dragon of her intellectual calibur could understand im not a bad mare! I have done nothing wrong here! " She explained to the others when they had all managed to shut there yaps. She was not going to let Izzet go to war with Boros over her! That would only provoke the other guilds to join in! There would be so many inocent ponies slain, it wasn't fair.

Faithful leapt up and rushed over, shaking her head and laughing nervously over the very thought of a Guild war. No, she wouldn't let such a thing happen, she doubted such a thing would happen. So, she thought she'd put Wrenchy at ease.

"Oh, don't you worry! I'm absolutely sure there won't be a war...! No one would dare violate the Guildpack, and besides, I am sure that Niv-Mizzet, as intelligent as that dragon is, would see that going to war is simply childish and unreasonable. There's no need to get all worked up, we'll think of something...right guys?"

She gave them a pleading grin, begging them to agree just so that Wrenchy would be comforted a bit more. Still...now that she thought of the prospect of war, Niv-Mizzet might not be able to have a say in it. The Boros Legion wasn't known for diplomacy...and were more likely than any other guild to go to such lengths as to obtain an assassin. Having been a former member of the Legion and living in a family of Legionnaires, she knew exactly how they could be when it came to their self-righteousness and what they believe to be "justice".

The assassin huffed in slight defeat. "I'm not going to lie to you guys. We...might not come out of this alive. Or at least without starting what may lead to a full scale war. Besides that, Rakdos pretty much violates the guildpact so that the other guilds stay in harmony with each other. But...I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon. There will be blood to pay, and I'm sure as hell not going to let it be ours so long as I'm living."

"No, not yet at least, but if we leave this alone it probably will come to that." He shook his head at Wrenchy. "I'm part of the Firemind Wrenchy, Niv-Mizzet already knows everything that's happening right now." He was dropped his head sadly.

"With how is right now, Rakdos and Izzet will become open targets for the Boros Legion." He pawed at the ground.

He looked over to Faithful "Yeah, I have an idea, but you wont like it."

"Assass-No, I mean Shadowcloak...Everyone is in this together so we need to collaborate for this." He looked over to the assassin and used his gauntlet to create a small projection of a map on the wall. He called Shadowcloak's attention to Nivix. "Can you make a portal from here to 345 meters below and 200 meters to the east of the main tower of Nivix?" He said to him. "I'll have to feed you mana or else the portal wont work."

"If we are to survive this and stop an all out war we need to go to my workshop." He said turning to everyone.

[OOC: Once everyone decides to leave I suggest we create a thread specifically for this whole ordeal.]

Faithful frowned at the possibilities of what this plan of Silver's might entail, but she shrugged, having no other choice in the matter. Brushing her mane from the front of her face, she looked at him blankly.

"...so when do we begin? Immediately, I hope?"

Sheesh, Faithful still couldn't believe how this day turned out to go. All she wanted to do today was to relax, eat something at that Mushroom Kingdom bar, make some new friends, and possibly drown herself in cider and go back home. Darn it...! She just wanted to enjoy a celebration for once!

Pantheon has finished about three shots of that mysterious liquor. Even with the buzz brewing quick he still can't get the picture of Argyle's limp body in Feather's hands out of his mind. So many rookies are falling out of the academy and lately the assasinations of Wojek Legionaires have been on the rise... the public has slowly been turning mad. Something ominious is looming over Ravnica... Pantheon can sense it... he can only speculate how much crimson he will have to paint his armor with in order to stop it...

Wrenchy had a look of determination in her eyes. It was time to stop this madness... Time to get her honour back. But what about Niv?... "If Niv knows what we are doing then... are we in danger? Would she mind what is going on here? She knows i've done nothing wrong... right? " She asked, this had been a very...very long day and this actually sounded like a decent plan! Thank Celestia... "So why do we need to get to your workshop Silver? " She asked a little confused. What almighty item would there be in all places but his workshop? Surely they could go somewhere safer? Or atleast easier to acces. It seemed like it was going to be too much trouble for whatever he was thinking of getting... but hey... she didn't have anything better. Pluss this guy was Niv-Mizzets number two! Surely he had a good brain in his noggin... right?

"No, not now. We need to plan for this. Anything could happen with those Wojeks up there, So we'll have to wait until tomorrow night. My men will begin preparations." The assassin spoke quietly, putting his hoof up to his chin and thinking hard.

"In the mean time you can rest up, have a few drinks and appetizers over by the counter, enjoy the company...though I honestly wouldn't blame you if you didn't."

He paced about, trying to think of the best way to get in and not get shot and killed. As usual, he would set thing at motion at the darkest hour, when his powers reach their peak.

"I'm not going out there just to get us all killed on the spot. We'll have to plan accordingly."

The young alpha cub Ronnie, who had introduced himself earlier, snuck up on Dawn, letting out a playful roar before pouncing on his 'prey'. "I'ma get chyu', pretty mare!" The child laughed, turning the pounce into a hug. This kid is too bucking adorable to be one of the alpha males. Yet you can see a few of the newer recruits backing away from him. Odd.

"I'm not going to lie to you, there's a good chance we could die." He said to his fellow Izzet.

"I guess you would've found out eventually Wrenchy, I'm a saboteur for Niv-Mizzet." He said facing away from Wrenchy.

"I'm going to put it like this Shadowcloak, you can stay here and worry, or you can make that portal to my completely hidden underground workshop, that just so happens to be the second largest logistics hub in all of Ravnica complete with a 3-d map of the city and controls for several key district systems like...hmm, the heating shafts that lead into Sunhome." Silver's face remained stoic during the entire speech.

"We are perfectly safe at my workshop, bring everything you need. That way both of can prepare and we can act tomorrow night." He said placing a hoof on Shadowcloak's shoulder.

"I appreciate your enthusiasm, but there is no such thing as 'perfect'...and when the Boros get involed..." He turns his hooded gaze back to Wrenchy.

"...there is no such thing as safe. They'll be swarming the property of both guilds in search of us. But not just your average buildings, my friend. They are many things, but they aren't stupid. They know how clever the Izzet League might try to be to hide away. And unless the Izzet League wants to start a war...I'm afraid they won't have much choice but to allow and or assist them in searching for us. They can't afford to let their greatest minds die, and quite frankly I wouldn't be able to stomach you dying becuase we rushed in."

"No," He shakes his head. "This is a chess game now, I'm afraid. And we shan't force the hand of the other player, lest we get caught in his or her trap. Patience and planning is the key, we can't afford to run head long into this. Not only would we most likely get killed, we would probably end up provoking the full, unmerciful wrath of Boros on both of our guild. I won't accept the needless slaughter of innocents, and I will not be the to cause it! The only time I kill is when I'm payed to do so, but even then I could not possibly let myself kill women and children." The unnatural shadows flow from out of his cloak and tells off of his body as his emotional conviction rises.

"What we need to do is wait until everything has calmed down, until all of the ripple on the lake...disappear. That way we can see and think much more clearly, allowing us the prepare a solid plan rather then running nilly willy into things. No offense, but I'm not taking my chances with the Boros."

"Okay," He sighs. As he walks to the wall where the portal was opened. And presses a hoof onto the wall reopening the void, expending all of his mana and tapping into Azumeril's mana stores. The void he opens doesn't lead to the alleyway, but to his workshop. He trots up to Faithful and whispers into her ear. "I trust you to clear this up clean."

"Wrenchy, Faithful," Silver said panting heavily. "I'm heading back to my workshop, you two are free to follow me. From there I can you back to Sunhome Faithful, and Wrenchy, you're free to go anywhere, just don't leave Nivix."

Faithful nodded, whispering that she would cooperate with him and help them in whatever way she could. Turning around to the young werewolf hugging her flank, she gave a quiet smile and gently removed him. Oh, he was adorable...but she couldn't stay here, she had more important business in Ravnica. Coming over to Silver's side, she helped by letting him lean on her for support.

"...here, let me help you. It must have been exhausting to have reopened that portal. Hopefully, we'll be done with this matter soon...and I'll tell you what, I'll buy the first round of drinks! Does that sound good?"

Smiling warmly, she propped him up a bit more, wrapping her wing around him for extra support. Turning to Wrenchy, she gestured with her other wing for her to join them.

Malik turns to Wrenchy, his eyes almost pleading. "I would seriously advise against that. This area is your only safe haven. Leaving would only result in you getting killed...and so if you choose to leave, having gotten you into this mess, I will have no choice but to order a full stealth mobilization of my men to protect you and the others as we make our way to the wise dragon. This includes the assassins currently not present in here in the room that tend to roam the streets of Ravnica. It is your choice, but if we go now, we have know way of knowing what lengths they'll go to kill us, to kill you and me."

He takes a deep breath, his horn glowing again as the room darknening and the floor pulses with a violent red, teleporting each assassin all throughout Ravnica, so that each might come to the assistance of the group as they made their way. An unnatural, shadowy growth surrounded him almost like armor.

"But if you choose to go forth, then let us pray that we get there alive."

The alpha males joined the group, ready to defend at anytime.

Faithful giggled at the irony in Malik's words. Safe...in a place filled with professional assassins? Was he joking? She grinned at him with amusement.

"Surely you must realize the contradiction behind your statement there, Malik. It is kind of strange that we would be safer with a group of assassins, than under the protection of the smartest being in Ravnica? A dragon at that, as well? Besides, the Boros Legion will listen to me...I can get Wrenchy here off the hook."

She made a nervous glance back at the portal. If things were to become dangerous...she might have to make a drastic move.

"...besides, if you truly care about her, maybe you should turn yourself in. That will probably be the safest way for her to make it out of this...it is up to you...but either way, we are leaving."

Wrench sighed. Of it was going to take 'all this' to let her go through a damned portal then she might as well stay she foud a good spot to sit on a neaby couch and yawned "Fine... " She said, sounding a little annoyed, this assassin was become more of a pain by the minuite... "If you have to gather every bloody assassin to get me into a portal then il stick around here " She then heard Faithful perk up. That was right! Viv would protect her! Not to mention Faithfuls leads with the Boros... aslong as she didn't betray the rest of them she would be of great use. Wrench picked herself up and gave shadow a nock to the head as she passed by and with the other two who had gone into the portal "If you wanna tag along Shadow your welcome, but don't bring the whole assassin army ok!? " She said with a grin, helping to support Silver.

"...When...step through...gravity...reversed...careful." He said as he slowly made his way into the portal with the support of Wrenchy and Faithful. Silver was too drained to argue with Shadowcloaks antic's, but it wasn't necessary, his company said all that could be said.

"I'm sorry...I don't understand, Doctor. Am I in trouble, or did I do something good? This is most unusual."

Great, Shrinking Violet type. Of course he knew what was wrong. He was asked to observe her - even more fitting considering circumstances.

"It is unusual but not because of you. All this complications comes from the accident when previous cargiver in Laboratory 11 managed to get himself eaten." Forest said with stone face but inside he smiled. That was not the accident - Touch just made it look like this. Some months ago he founded that his caregiver abused his dear creations to vent some frustration. So he planned how to take care for him for all this time, and voilà - problem solved. No suspicion went on Forest Touch. He was careful to not mention this caregiver and he engineered all of this perfectly so it was no wonder.

"And because of this we are in need of new main caregiver. That means you that yes, you got yourself a promotion Norma. Of course I expect that you will do much good in our Lab. I heard that animals that are under you care have really low death rate. You will find that we really, really rarely do any experiments that other ones do. We use modified food and careful crossing to achive wanted characteristics. We also are the Lab that spent most time outside, finding how our creations fare being exposed to environment factors. So in the way - we responsible for both the first and last steps Simic creations take."

Forest given her a while and moved his gaze back at Fungus.

"I don't think they care about his demise that much Amongus. After all for Orzhov it's kind of...promotion."

Unicorn shifted his attention yet again - this time to the Boros pony.

"Which gives us the question. Did anypony tried to search for ghost of this merchant?"

Pantheon turns to Forest. He has a blank expression across his face. "I don't know either way. They are keeping this hush-hush for some reason." He replies. "All I know right now it that things... well... feel off..."

Normal tilts her head a bit, still taken by surprise, but trying to feel happy about the promotion. "I'm sorry you lost your caregiver, that must have been hard. I will do my best in your lab, Doctor."

While he is now speaking with others, she takes another glance over at the bartender. That leg of his...but this Simic claims he has already tried cytoplast. She relaxes in her chair a bit and takes another sip of her mead, losing herself in ideas.

Champagne happens to be the one spirit kept in stock but not brewed in house. Grapes simply won't grow in the Undercity, as there is nowhere near enough sunlight. Cranberries on the other hand, being bog plants, are in great supply, but that's besides the point. He bought a few bottles from the Conclave, anticipating a few orders for the festivities tonight. And yes, he was surprised to know the Selesnya had breweries. He assumed that thanks to the Hive Mind, it was much easier to get buzzed for cheap. Silly ideas behind him, he wheeled out a bottle on ice as well as two fine glasses, one for each Doctor. None for him, though. He was working.

"Congratulations are in order then! Cheers on the promotion, Doctor... Norma Gene, was it? I'm Fungus Amongus, friend of a friend." For sincerity's sake, he brushed some mane from his eyes as he smiled and poured the bubbly. "On the house, by the way."

It was probably inappropriate, but as the conversation veered towards the link between death and promotion, he couldn't help but laugh a little too loud. His leg, his guild business and the like. "I know the feeling, Forest", he added alongside tapping his zombie parts against the floor. On the other hoof, disembodiment after passing unsettled him, though. The spirit needed something to inhabit, didn't it? Rotten or otherwise? Bleh.

Norma blushes deeply as she's handed the new beverage. "Yes, my name is Norma Gene. No 'Doctor,' though. I was never interested in going that way." She shudders for a brief moment as she imagines if it were her leading the experiments. "Very pleased to meet you, Forest. I'm having an excellent time in your establishment. I feel the need to apologize for some of the rough-and-tumblers that have been coming in and out."

Faithful nodded her thanks to Wrenchy, and led the way towards the portal. Stopping a few feet away, she looked at Wrenchy and Silver with a worried expression. She hated portals...very, very much. But, if it was the only way out, she'd take her chances. Despite knowing Silver only for a short while, she knew she could trust him.

"...are we ready to go? I'd like to get this over with so I can enjoy what is left of the Guildpact Centennial..."

While she was itching to go, she also knew that it was quite possible that they might not get to celebrate the event. She sighed inwardly at the events of the past few hours...and cursed her impulsive personality. When this was over, she might just get some medication or spell to help prevent her from doing such stupid things like this again.