Return to Ravnica [Open! Apply in OOC thread!]

Charger trotted over to Wrench and unceremoniously lifted up her front right hoof to begin examining her flux glove. "Through a dragon you say," Charger chuckles to himself quietly. Niv-Mizzert is the only dragon anyone's seen in thousands of years. He thought, but it's pretty common for ponies to mistake drakes or wurms for dragons. He turned the device over a few times in his hooves. "This is marvelous, I should look at my fellow Izzet more if they are staring to make advances in energy control like this."

The gem comes to life once more and speaks directly into his mind.

"Since when have I cared about what was rude?" He said to no one in particular. "Ok fine."

"You created this right, What's your name?"

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As pantheon took off wrech was a little taken back. What a grump! But that glare... he was a danger.. what the hay was going through that little Boros mind of his? She then turned back to her drink only to have her hoof lifted. It was the other Izzet, it was good to see others take an interest in her techs. Especially other Izzets. She then heard his comment about the dragon... oh boy she knew what he was thinking. Did he really not think that this marvellous piece of machinery could kill a dragon!? True they were nearly impossible to find nower days but she had killed one! She could swear on the life of Niv herself! She stopped talking to herself long enough to hear him again, calling it 'marvellous' yea thats more like it. "Well the tech isn't refined yet. I have managed to control it with this device but others i make just seem to... fizzle out. It seems with this flux energy it needs a precise amount depending on what it is being used in." Just saying it to him made her seem confused. She really did need to sort out an algorithm to predict the amount needed. "Oh and im Wrenchy... well thats what everypony seems to call me so i guess you can too" She held out her hoof to the stranger just to have her gem blitz out "No i will not ask if his one is single!" She yelled, blushing a little seeing others look at her funny "and erm... whats your name comrade?"

Pro-tip #5 is one that Fungus found counterintuitive, mainly due to his years of experience in farm work: Prepare fresh every time. "But Forest", Fungus would say, "Surely it would be better to slice up everything in advance to cut down on cooking time? Isn't faster better?" Forest Touch insisted otherwise. All dishes should be made to order. He would then add something snarky like 'The wait time can rot. Just cook faster.' Just cook faster, he says. Good thing Fungus got his knife training in today while preparing the sampler platters. He was thankful, because the practice meant chopping a dozen mushrooms (and two onions) were a breeze. Fifteen minutes in the oven later and he was out of the kitchen, two orders of six ready to go.

'Now come on, Fungus', he demanded of himself, 'If you can remember textbooks worth of Mycology and Necromancy, then remembering who had the mead along this should- Ah. Got it'. To the Izzet with the shiny mitten it went. The solo platter went to the little blue mare who couldn't speak up.

Wait. Is that... it is!

"Hey, what's up, Doc!" he chimed, cheerfully waving to Forest Touch. "Funny thing, I was just thinking about you. Bad things, I promise", he jabbed. "And business has... heh, mushroomed. And yeah, I'm pretty sure we have that one left. But with coffee? Eww."

On the way back to the kitchen to both deposit dirty dishes and check his stock again, his leg got a brief itch. Nothing to think of it until he realized it was his zombified leg. On most days, it has absolutely no feeling in it, pain or pleasure. It's dead, after all. "Maybe I didn't screw this up that bad after all."

"Thank you very much!" she chimes as her steaming mushrooms arrive. She's glad she found this place now, and the food is so good that she's happy to support what actually appears to be a brand new business venture, listening to the conversations going on. The bartender seems to know the other Simic pony, and she's thankfully that he is approaching him. Maybe the Simic will leave her alone, now.

Malik let out a breath as the Judge left, slumping down on the counter and sighing in relief. "Thank god he's gone..."

He perked his ears back to Wrench, smiling, and he takes his hood off, revealing his dark blue-ish coat, white mane and red eyes. "Wrenchy, eh? It's cute name." Malik chuckles, his vibrant, blood red eyes glowing in the light. "I'm Shadowcloak. A pleasure to meet you, Wrenchy." He shakes her hoof, and leans in to whisper.

"And yes, I'm single." The drow pony winks at her, laughing out loud and drinking a larger portion of his peach wine.

After she had finnished talking to the other Izzet comrade Wrenchy could hear the voice of the hooded pony from earlier, he was attempting what she thought was flattery 'cute?... what a joke...' she thought to herself as she pretended to look interested in what he was saying. She wasn't talking to him while she said her name but she could forgive evesdropping in on names. Even she did it. He then told her his name, Shadowcloak? Well it definatly suited him, with the cloak and all... and his coat was a very dark-ish blue, if she ever ran into this guy on a dark night she would never see him coming.

As he shook her hoof she could sense something was up. He leaned in and whispered in her ear and as he pulled back, giving her a wink and laughing like an idiot. That was it. As he was still drinking she brought up her back left hoof and kicked the stalion in the stomach, knocking him to the floor. She then stood ontop of him and held her flux glove just above his face, letting it whir up and charge "Y'know what nyx? " she said, talking to the gem in her other glove as she pressed her hoof down harder on his chest "Maybe we will get to show this off today." she said with a grin "Now you... " she said, turning back to Shadow on the floor "Was there anything else you wanted to say?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJuws-GFlqY

Right as Pantheon exited the bar, his wrist communicator picked up a call. *Feather and Argyle in position inside Heavenly Haven! We are under assault from the upper floors, request backup! Help needed at Heavenly Haven at the corner of Avacyn and Callisto, request backup!* -messeage repeat- Heavenly Haven... a very decieving name. It's a small but dense block in the undercity just outside his patrol root. It's a slime pit... citizen riots, arsons, black market trade, but since Feather, a good officer in her own rank, needs help then it must be a block war between two rival Gruul Clans. "Appropriate timing... time to spread some justice..." Pantheon smirks as he jumps onto his nearby Lawbringer hovercycle. He quickly takes off and makes his way to the scene. As he casually gets of his bike he looks at the carnage before him... gunfire and magical projectiles everywhere. Just like the good old days. After a second of remenising, he takes a few steps foward into the middle of the street leaving his shield and spear behind. His fellow officers notice him.

"Holy mercy of Razia, he's a sitting duck out there!" Officer Argyle commented. He's a rookie, fresh as can be.

"He knows what he's doing." Officer Feather replies sternly.

Pantheon activates his built in loudspeaker. "I AM... THE LAW! Drop... your weapons... and cease... your magic... you all... are under... arrest!" Pantheon orders sternly but calmly. "This is... your FINAL... warning!"

The larger of the Gruul groups stop shooting. One of them looks out the window and panics. "It's Pantheon, guys!!!" The leader of the group slaps him with his weapon. "HEY!!! You wanna be afraid of someone? Be afraid of ME!!!" He looks out the window and they all begin shooting at the Wojek officers. "Hey Lawman! Come and get us!" he shouts as they blast bullets and fireballs at them.

Pantheon chuckles as barely any of their bullets or magic projectiles even make it out to his end of the street. "I knew they'd do that..." he smirks. He walks casually over to his fellow officers.

"Pantheon, sir, get to cover!" pleads the rookie as he keeps his head down. "They are firing 20mm caseless Sledger rounds and using mid-strength fireballs from 300 meters. The effective lethal range is 200 meters, you're safe." He replies humorously. He looks down at officer Feather as she takes cover. "What are you doing down there, officer Feather?" He asks sarcasticly. She jumps up slightly annoyed trying to preserve her pride. "Waiting for backup!" she replies sharply. Pantheon looks out at their attackers and he pulls out his Lawgiver Mk2. "It's here..." He leads them towards the adjacent abandoned apartment complex. "Lets move out! Keep it simple, single file, standard relay, on point, your left... *points to the rookie*" Pantheon holds his pistol close to his face and speaks into it. "Grenade." *Grenade* it responds. He aims and blows open the entrence. "Nice shot, sir!" Argyle comments. They proceed into the building. "You two meet me on the 40th."

(OOC: Part one complete! Told you I'd remake that scene! :20: )

"Yes actually." His voice came from behind her, with a dagger pointing at her throat.

This was a very perplexing situation. Here he was, on the ground, yet he was also behind her, with a dagger at her throat.

"You are looking very lovely tonight. Also, I'd like to remind you to be wary of the people you meet. You may never know who they might be." The assassin does not grin.

"They could be your enemy, or..." Malik presses the dagger's tip closer to her throat, then taking it away and presenting her a very luminescent bundle of flowers.

"Your friend." He says, bowing to her apolegetically and giving her the flowers before walking slowly outside, not in any rush, his clone on the ground disappearing in smoke.

Once again, he blew it. He kicked a rock outside the bar, angry with himself. The assassin was finding it very hard to find someone he was interested in without offending them. He sat there and stared up at the night, sighing and kicking more rocks away from himself. He didn't care what guild they were from, screw politics, he just wanted to find someone to love. Being alone was taking its toll on him.

This cloaked pony, Shadowcloak, spoke up before he even had a chance to open his mouth.

"Whatcha mean slow on the draw?" he said to the gem on his gauntlet. He watched as the cloaked pony simply cut into the conversation much to the chagrin of Wrency. At least he learned her name before whatever he said pissed the mare off. She kicked Shadowcloak to the floor and leveled her flux glove at the pony who in turn raises a dagger to her throat which became a bouquet of flowers.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Was Charger's only response. "So you have trouble controlling the stability of energy in subsequent attempts to replicate your invention?" He asks awkwardly in an to bring tempers back in line.

"Now that that's over," He said looking at Wrency. "I'm Silver Charger, nice to meet you." He extended a hoof out for a friendly shake.

Wrenchy felt a thin, sharp abject at her throat... oh no... a knife? Wrenchy could feel herself start to sweat as it pressed against her harder and then suddenly... The pony at her feet disapeared and the one at her throat was out the door, sudenly with a boquet of flowers at her front. What in the hay? She then managed to calm down to hear to silver "Yea.. thats what i would say... and any other inventions i try to make using flux that differ from this one also fail... I just can't seem to get it right... " Wrenchy felt a little down... her lifes work was in this little glove and she couldn't even make it more than once! She couldn't even make diferent ones!... She was a falier... even the team that Niv-Mizzet had asigned to her couldn't work it out. "Im too scared to take this one apart because... I don't want to be left with nothing you know? "

After a little silence she was met with the hoof of the fellow Izzet. and a name, Silver Charger... Wrench couldn't be bothered to search him up on the data base in her eye piece so she asked him herself "Wrenchy... " she said as she shook the friendly hoof "So what do you do for Niv? " She was rather curious. She had only ever known the life of an inventor. It would be nice to see another outlook on her clan.

The battle rages on as the Wojek officers make their way up the apartment complex. Pantheon just made it to the 40 floor. The gun and magic fire seems almost to becoming from right down the hall. He scans the 40th level; there are 2 rooms filled with hostiles. Insted of busting down the doors, Pantheon heads up an extra floor and proceed to a room just above the 2nd hostle apartment. "Court is now in session... punks..." Pantheon shoots a circular pattern in the floor and falls through it getting the drop, literally, on the perps. "Oh crap! It's the Judge!" cries one of the goblins. They appear to mainly consist of goblin mercs and some pony criminals. Mercilessly he blast each one of them as they turn to attack. They didn't have a chance. Just as he finishes, officers Feather and Argyle burst through the door only to find Pantheon standing. Pantheon looks at the two emotionlessly. "This room has been pacified..."

Eagarly the rookie takes off to the adjacent appartment. "The next one's mine!" he says full of confidence.

"No! Rookie, hold up!" Pantheon orders but Argyle doesn't listen. As he kicks down the door he is greeted by a bullet to the chest. It pierced his armor severely wounding him. He drops his Lawgiver and it slides into the hostile room.

"NO!!!" cries Feather as she rushes to drag the rookie away. Argyle then passes away in her arms.

"Die Boros pigs, die!" cries the leader with a hiss as he sprays bullets and magical fireballs everywhere. By the accent of his voice he sounds like a Viashino.

Pantheon's face grows sour as he looks upon the body of the rookie Wojek Legionare. His eyes flare with quiet fury. He takes cover by the open door and calls out to the perps. "You're under arrest! Throw down your weapons or prepare to be judged!" Pantheon growls.

"Judge this!" replies a goblin as he picks up Argyles Lawgiver. "NO! Its a Lawgiver man!" cries one of the ponies. *Intruder* "No, don't! They are booby-trapped!" exclaims the Viashino too late as the goblin recieves a large electric shock knocking him unconcious.

Pantheon readies his gun for action. "Full-auto... rapid fire..." Pantheon says with a growl. *Rapid Fire* He quickly sprays a volley of bullets into the room killing 4 perps before taking cover on the opposite side. Pantheon caught a glimpse of a heavily armored pony like himself within the room so he readies the Lawgiver again. "Armor Piercing!" *Armor Piercing* He shoots around the doorway hitting the pony straight in the heart. Two armed perps are left as the Viashino leader is huddled on the floor. "Double Whammy" *Double Whammy* Pantheon charges the doorway striking both perps with a single shot.

The Viashino stands with his hands up obviously surrendering. Pantheon approachs him slowly with his weapon aimed up... "Ravnica City Municiple Code 213: Willful destruction of property; thats 2 years. Code 139: Unlawful use of magic; that's 4 years. Code 310: Illegal posession of assault weapons; that's 5 years. Code 457: Resisting arrest; 20 YEARS!!!" As Pantheon reads the Viashino his charges the previously unconsious goblin attacks but Feather quickly dispatches him with her sword. "Thank you, Feather." Pantheon replies. He then slowly turns his back and holds a tone of great disgust... "... and Code 3613... the 1st degree murder of a Wojek officer of the Law..." The Viashino takes this opprotunity to prepare a fireball. "And let me guess... life? KYAAA!!!" Before he even lifts his arm, Pantheon turns and shoots him in the head. "Death... court's adjourned..." he says coldly.

Renforcement arrive to clean up the scene and detain surviving perps as Feather and Pantheon head for theit bikes. She throws her helm against a wall. "Damnit!!! I should have kept a tighter leash around him!" she says with great pain and frustration. Pantheon tries to comfort her. "It wasn't your fault Feather... he was reckless... however..." he looks back at the warzone of Heavenly Haven. "... at least he died a warriors death... he showed courage in the face of danger and he will be remembered for that. Now go and take the night off Feather. I can handle it out here for the night." Feather reluctently gets back on her bike and rides back to the station. "I think its time for a drink..." says Pantheon as he gets back on his Lawbringer and heads back to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Pantheon walks back into the bar but without his shield and spear. He also has some fresh crimson glistening on his armor. He takes no notice of the others that were still there when he left. "Hey... barkeep... strongest thing you got... don't worry about bits..." asks Pantheon in a gloom tone. Even though a warrior's death is a good way to go it is still death. Pantheon has seen a lot of allies fall before but this kid got to him... got to Feather too... she is never that emotional. He lets out a sigh as he slumps in his seat.

Malik disappears into the darnkess of the night. It was time to do his job. A particular Wojek officer has been investigating a nearby district where an illegal drug was being produced, and it was his job to stop him. For good. No questions asked. Asking questions only gets a man killed. Getting killed doesn't pay. Getting people killed does. But this wasn't a simple kill-and-stash hit, oh no, they wanted the whole of Ravnica to see his corpse.

And Malik was happy to oblige.

The assassin peered from the rooftop of a house, a few blocks away from the bar, watching his prey come back in his patrol. He silently unsheathed his daggers, getting ready to drop down for the kill-

She took her helmet off.

Malik froze. She was young. Barely spent a year as an adult, he'd imagine. Very beautiful too, simply too beautiful to kill...but he had to. It was a necessary evil, and if he didn't do the job he was tasked with...he could end up getting killed. But to kill her in such away as he requested...monsters. A man, he could understand, but a woman...that was the ultimate sin. The pony gnashed his teeth, disgusted by the fact he even considered killing her, even if unintentionally. But did he still have an choice-

...Where did his dagger go?

As if in answer, a loud clang is heard below, and he looks down to meet the gaze of the officer.

Buck.

"Assassin!" She yelled into whatever device she was using to communicate with the other officers, disclosing their location.

The assassin quickly darted away, his footsteps sounding off from the roofsteps and into the night. All he had to do was keep running. Just keeping running.

[colour=#0000CD]*Assassin!*[/colour] Screeched a call from Pantheon's wrist communicator. Just as he is about to get up the female officer speaks again. [colour=#0000CD]*Darn... I lost him. Attention all fellow officers operating within District 35! Perp is wearing a black cloak fleeing south on the rooftops! Skynight Legionnaires support requested. -Message Repeat-* [/colour] Pantheon just sits still. [colour=#FFA500]"Looks like a job for the flyboys... I almost feel bad for the poor idiot." [/colour]

Silver chuckled lightly and rubbed the back of head awkwardly. "Well umm, you aren't really privy to the information. But I work directly for Niv, before I got where I am now I was going to become the head of energy flow research and the adviser to elemental conjuring and weird creation." Other than his adoptive father Steam Charger this was the most he had ever talked to any other Izzet.

He thought back on what he had seen of Wrenchy and he instantly knew the how to help her, though it would probably break her heart. "Your flux glove is worthless to the guild," he said dryly. "It's not the machine, It's flawless engineering. The problem is flux itself." He began to explain. "You see flux, red and blue mana, is naturally unstable and will always be unstable as long as it's together, It can't be help." He then lifted up her gauntlet with the gem on it and inspected it, he analyzed the entire system powering the flux glove with a quick glance over. "You talk to elementals, a rare gift, when you can hear one in your mind it means you mana pools are linked. This works because the elemental bonded your power source keeps the blue mana and red mana seperated." He looked at Wrenchy and sighed. "This can't be reproduced because the elemental bounded to it has to have somewhere to drain the extra mana, in your case it would be to you." He shook his head.

"Sorry, but that's why they can't figure it out." He looked at her with hopeful eyes. "Don't worry about it too much, instead use your unique talents to raise through the guild and help more directly with things that only you can do."

Wrechy sat in her bar stool. Motionless. Her whole lfes work to benefit the guild. So many sleepless nights, blood sweat and tears and now this. It was all pointless... Why her? Why did it have to be her to have there dreams crushed? She thought she was doing so well! Niv herself had given her a team to work on this and ultimatly benefit the Izzet league.

Wrenchy then slowly slumped onto the bar counter and lay her head on her arm. Sobbing quitely she thought back to when she had first discovered the potential of the force of flux... she had named it herself and when she showed it to anypony else they called her 'crazy' or 'insane' her teacher at school had even called her an imbecile... She was teased and beat becuase she was aparently talking to herself.... When infact it was the only friend she ever really had... Nyx... her gem that glowed in her left hoof. For all this time she thought she was the only one. But today she had found another. She wasn't so alone after all... But she had managed to keep her composure even though she was really excited...

But her work... Her life... her pasion... they were all worth nothing now. Nothing...

She lifted her head up off of her now damp arm and looked back at Silver Charger. A look of anger and determination in her eye. She gave him a sharp poke in his chest and wiped the tears from her eyes "No!" She yelled, poking him again "My inventions will help the league! I will not be told that my life work is useless! I will find a way! and you will one day thank me for my inventions! I will gain the respect i deserve!" She anounced. Swigging down her drink and running from the bar, leaving the money she owed on the counter.

She had to prove them wrong....

She had to.

Have you ever felt like s*** before? Silver hadn't, until now he'd never really cared how other ponies felt, but as he watched his words crush the young inventor's heart his chest began to tighten.

Her words stung at him like a fiery dagger, he remembered when he felt the way she did, they were even about the same age. When she thundered out of the bar he reacted the only way he could, without thought and on pure impulse he ran out after her.

"Wrenchy! Wait," He held his head low. "Dammit!".....Yep s*** he felt like it. The only other Izzet that talked to him, he just run them away by telling her she wasted her life. If only he could find her He could help, energy flow was his mastery after all.

Pro-tip #7: Security. Forest Touch didn't need to tell him about this little nugget of common sense. Ravnica is a dangerous city to live in, with the Undercity being even worse. To open any kind of anything anywhere close to down there is asking for trouble. To serve alcohol? Madness. Fungus Amongus did first ask his extended family to help with matters, which included being a bouncer, but they were no help. Deadbeats. But Fungus was of the Golgari and mighty proud to say it. If he needed the help, he would make the help.

Being an Earth Pony, he didn't have the proper equipment to do any real magic: namely a Unicorn's horn. But there is a small catalog of spells available to him with the right potion and the right set of runes. One of them is the spell all Golgari kids know before they grow up: Vigor Mortis. In short, it raises and strengthens the dead. On a complex creature like a pony, the spell in his hooves would take some time to set in before any zombie pony is made. On a creature simple in nature, especially one he's familiar with, say... a Thallid, he could have that corpse walking around in no time at all. If push came to shove in this bar, he would make a monster to protect it. Briefly he considered doing so, while overhearing stories about cutting dragons in half and seeing a knife being pulled. Thankfully these were both false alarms. No need to ruin this night with an arrest.

On a happier note: his guests were enjoying themselves! Glorious! So why not give them yet another little treat? One by one he blew out the candles illuminating the place, leaving only a few lanterns by the bar and the one candle each table burning. This would darken the room just enough for...

"Panellus Stipticus, commonly known as the Bitter Oyster. And Omphalotus Nidiformis, the Ghost Fungus. I've grown these spores into the wood of the building itself. If you see one blooming, please don't eat it! Just enjoy the light show", he announced as the natural bio-illumination of his breeds gave his bar a beautiful glow-in-the-dark green.

With a wink, he found Forest in the crowd and give him his nasty concoction. Hey, it's what he ordered, and did tell him that "The first one is free."

Norma pushes her plate away, all but a few crumbs devoured. After the bartender's announcement, she glances around in wonder as the lights dim, replaced by a very soft green glow. She relaxes in her chair, suddenly feeling very at ease. "Beautiful..." she whispers. What a nice night - lovely atmosphere and good food. She's been trying to ignore the other customers, who seem a little more loud and rowdy than she'd prefer, but she is in the Undercity, after all. She felt like scolding the pony for making somepony else cry, in public, even! Tsk tsk. They both stormed out though, peace seeming to settle through the tavern again.

As Shadowcloak jumps back down, crossing down to the opposite ally as he heads back towards the bar, he bumps into something

Buck! No no, NOT LIKE THIS! Who the hay is even out in these-

It was Wrenchy, the girl he did in fact totally blow it with earlier. Things were simply not looking up for him today. But she was crying. His heart ached to see her in tears.

"Are you okay?" He asked her, putting his cloak over her in an act of kindness and forgetting about the police when he heard the piercing of air above him.

It was the sky patrol was advancing towards them. "You there! Stop where you are, assassin!"

He was confused at first, when they weren't pointing the searchlight at him, but at her. Then, it struck it him: the cloak. He grabs her and runs into the nearest, darkest alleyway. His horn glows a vibrant blood red as he runs to the nearest wall. With a roar and a boom, space itself is torn asunder as a dark portal opens on the wall, it's destination seemingly leading to oblivion.

"Hang on!" Malik yells, pulling her into the portal with him, barely escaping the authorities by a few seconds.

"They just...disappeared!" The report went out over the wrist communicator.

Faithful Dawn

The Guildless

Faithful trotted through Ravnica's streets with a smile on her face, whistling a whimsical tune, her blonde mane bouncing in rhythm with the song she was thinking of in her head. It was the Guildpack Centennial Celebration, perhaps the biggest event in any pony's lifetime here in Ravnica, and she was abuzz with excitement over all the festivities and happy children running through the roads and buildings. Today, she was on her way to a nice little bar and grill she had heard about from a friend, named the Mushroom Kingdom. Her stomach growled, causing her to miss a step and stumble a little. Faithful quickly regained her footing, and continued on. After several minutes of non-stop trotting, she had finally come unto her destination, only to watch as a distraught mare from the Izzet League crashed through, running off in the other direction and being followed by another Izzet pony who was shouting her name. She looked at the bar entrance, and then the two running away. Finally, with a sigh, she went after them, for her curiosity had won over. She made sure to keep her distance so they wouldn't realize they were being followed, her eyes locked on the running pair.

"...let's see what all the commotion is about with those two..."

She'd eventually lose sight of the mare, but still had a firm following on the stallion. Moving quicker, she chased after him.

Wrenchy felt like she might as well be dead, even though Silver called for her and even chaced after her she was oblivious to it. All because of a mixture of hate for the stallion and because of the loud sky patrol she could hear close by. Wrench's gaze never left the ground. Her vision blurred by the tears that filled her eyes, no one ever beleived in her and this Silver was no diferant... but she had to succeed to prove to everypony... prove them all wrong.

She then bumped into a pony that seemed to be in a hurry. She couldn't see who it was but they seemed rather familiar. Wrench felt a soft fabric being draped over her, only to have a blinding light from the sky follow. She looked up with her blurred vision and managed to make out the sky patrol. They were calling her an assassin! What the hay had she done?

Wrench was then whisked away by the pony she had bumped into just before and taken into a rather dark place, away from the pursuing patrol. She was then pulled into what seemed like a dark opening in a wall. What? Was she just sent into the eternal void? Was there no end to this dark portal? Wrench wiped her eyes on her shoulder and looked at the pony that had dragged her here. It was the cloaked assassin from earlier... Oh great... she thought she had gotten rid of him. But she had better keep quite for now, otherwise he might just leave her here forever.

"Oh don't give me that 'Ewww' look Amongus. Most go 'Ewww' when that smell you or see your leg...of course they have lack of basic understanding and don't realise that this minor inconviniance is necessary." Forest added quickly.

"And besides...I have completly different taste buds then you after all that gene splicing. For me this..." Touch took a careful sip "..is extremely delicious. I still miss taste of chocolate trought...now I want to vomit at the smell. But it was worth it!"

Forest took a few more sips and nodded few times, admitting the cocktail tase. He lowered his voice and leaned to bartener. The glow of sporecaps give bar the ominous atmosphere...at last from Forest point of view.

"By the way...you heard about that mearchant disappearance? From Orzhov...how was his name...? Ah yes pontiff Faith Wealth." he made a dramatic pause before continuing.

"They say the Wojek found the traces of fight in his manor. But not his body, not counting that of his thrulls. And no blood. All traces of fighting was from pontiff spells. He apparently throwed Mortify's like crazy but it looks like it didn't work on whatever-it-was that got him. Only his Signet remained. And he was pretty good...almost a Guildmage. And no other clues besides that."

It was amazing that while saying all of this Forest managed to search among his papers at the same time. He finaly found what he was looking for, and using the moment that was needed for Fungus to disgest the rumor he approached Simic mare.

"Mrs....Norma Gene I presume?" he asked and looked at the document that he was holding with his telekinessis. The description of pony mentioned in it matched perfectly.

"I am sorry to bother you, and at your free time too boot but, I have official order...from Combine council no less." Forest cleared his throat and dragged futher, this time in the monotone tone of official declaration "After the Festival of the Guildpact you are officially transfered from Block C-64 of Laboratory 4 into Laboratory 11. The Block will be decided by head of this Laboratory. This order is not subject off appeal. Signed by..." and here followed the long list of names - starting with Momir Vig and all other officials.

"...and I know about this order, because so it happens I am head of Laboratory 11 - Breeding and Field Testing. I am Doctor Forest Touch....errrr...welcome to the team?" he not quite asked not quite stated at the end. What followed was awkward silance between the doctor and caregiver.

"I am....sure that you have some questions...but if you prefer...to no talk about this now...it can wait after the Festival."

Forest had no idea why he himself was so restrained in conversation with this mare. He was her supperior after all, for Parus Simic sake! He will have too look into this...maybe some reaserch. Yes...definitly reaserch.

The dark void void around suddenly ceased, revealing the large, stone room, bigger than the bar by a a moderate amount. The roof was lit by torches that had been made into chandeliers and hung from the ceiling, which made for some interesting lighting. Fine crafted furniture was scattered about the room, laden with fine fabrics and gold. Somepony was making money around here.

A several werewolves were lazing about in the furnishings, chatting up the room and clinking a few goblets of wine together. One of them happened to notice the two and waved to him.

"Oh hey boss-...wow, you finally nabbed yourself a woman, eh? Well congratulation-"

"Stuff it, Vinnie. We got other problems right now. This girl just became the one of deadliest assassins in Ravnica long enough to have her face profiled by the authorities. They're going to be looking for her."

"Alright, alright, don't stab me in the face, boss. Well you're welcome to stay here as long as you like, missy!"

Malik turns to face Wrenchy. "I'm sorry I got you involved in this, but that's pretty much the situation, as of now. I imagine word will be spreading to your guild..." He hangs his head low. "I'm so sorry..."

"Wait what!? " Wrenchy had known she was in trouble but this? Was she going to have to spend her whole life on the run? Surely if she could just talk to a guard and sort things out she would be ok right? If the information was spreading aroung her guild then the infinite knowledge of Niv-Mizzet would know something was up. Wrenchy had been in fights before ofcourse. She had almost been in one with the b*****d that stood next to her now!

Wrench took a look around the room. It was a nice looking place but there were just a bunch of warewolves hanging about. Oh great... she might aswell be thrown in the middle of a Gruul clan... Wait... did she just hear the word boss being tossed about? Oh boy! not only was she now labeled as an assassin but she was now in a room with a bunch of them. If wrench was going to live through this with her dignity intact she was going to have to be strong. She pulled Shadowcloak aside and pushed him against the stone wall, away from view from the warewolves " What the hay have you done? Not only did you manage to annoy me earlier. But now you have managed to trash my name. My honour! " Wrench's expresion went very dark. Some would say evil, she meened buisiness "You got me into this. Now guess whos getting me out. Clean my damned name and il forget everything and we can start a new " As she finnished talking she let go of the assassin, turning away from him " This day just gets worse and worse.... "

Silver chases after Wrenchy, he simply can't let things end in such a bad state. He had been harsh when there was no need, and it was obvious that that She wasn't listening when he told her to use her unique talents. He galloped though the streets of the lower city, trying his best keep up with the distraught mare. He saw that she never looked up the entire time she ran, he'd have to be sure to apologize when he could get her to calm down.

She dipped in to a alleyway and Silver heard the crash of two colliding ponies, turning the corner he saw the cloaked pony from the bar helping her up and draping his cloak over her. He breathed a sigh of relief and began to trot up to them, his good mood was short lived though because Boros Legion pegasi appeared over the rooftops yelling assassin and pointing vehemently at Wrenchy.

Realization struck him as he put two and two together, he draped his cloak over her to get a moments breather from the Legion. Dammit. He thought as he started to gallop towards them. Shadowcloak's horn began to glow and the wall next to him seemed to be swallowed up by a void of never ending darkness, he grabbed Wrenchy and a pulled her through the darkness with him . The portal collapsed in on itself and left the Legion fliers confused. Silver hid behind a crate while the pegasi searched the alleyway, stomped and pissed the fliers eventually gave up.

Silver walked over to the wall where Shadowcloak had opened his portal and ran his hoof across the surface. "Hmm," he said as the residual mana flow reverberated through his mind. He looked around to make sure no Boros were watching, he'd rather not bring them into this. Tapping the bond with his elemental, he duplicated the spell used to created the rip in space time. With his usual calm half lidded expression he stepped though the portal.

"WRENCHY!" he yelled as he stepped though.

He came out into a large stone room filled to the brimmed werewolves, he rubbed his face with a hoof...This is going to be one of those days.