the most powerful creatures in Equestria

Starfox64x

So out of boredom i'm marathoning through the MLP series to calculate the list of the most powerful creatures in Equestria. I'm doing this by noting when a pony overpowers another pony (Even in small details like holding them back briefly), when a pony saves or helps another pony, and by what they can manipulate. It's kinda like that Death Battle show (The one with Dash VS Starscream? I'm sure we all saw it) But this is with everyone in the show...

And i mean i'm calculating EVERYTHING, Even Stephen Magnet, heh. But i'm curious about who YOU think is the most powerful? Out of the main six, out of the villians, etc.

I'm actually predicting that Pinkie Pie is the most powerful out of the main six since she can pull out whatever she needs at any time. If she always has the right tool for every situation than that would make her pretty powerful, no?

As for villains... I'd have to say Discord. he can manipulate all of reality, while Nightmare Moon can only manipulate the night and a few tricks, while Chrysalis can manipulate only her own form, even though she has an army....

So, your thoughts?

Pumpkin Cake is the most powerful being in all of Equestria because she was able to use magic as a baby to levitate things, levitate herself and walk through walls (and possibly give her brother the ability to fly as a baby). One day she will grow up to save and terrorize Equestria.

• Like 1

I have to say Twilight is most powerful. Her power exceeds even Celestia's. When she was a young filly she was able to make Spike grow hundreds of times her normal size.

True, but she coudlnt control it as a child... and if you can't control it, well... it's no very useful...

Well my list would definitely be something like this.

Ponies

Twilight (she is honestly geared up like a one pony army; Defense spell, transmutation, polymorphing, energy blasts, time travel, teleportation, mind manipulation, and if Trixie is any indication, Unicorns can make weather with magic as well, her magic even reversed some of discords without the elemets(not the memory spell))

Pinkie (fourth wall, genre savy, with toonforce powers)

Luna and Celestia (probably with luna as the stronger sibling)

Pumpkin Cake (based on potential)

Shining Armor

Rainbow dash (honestly the fact that her first sonic rainboom nearly leveled everything in equestria, and that fact that she has the fortification to slam into a building and cause explosions without hurting her self is ridiculous)

Trixie

AppleJack

Rarity

Cadence

​ Villains

Discord (they really shouldn't have won that fight, if Discord didn't panic I honestly dont doubt he couldnt have just used his common sense to just direct the harmony beam somewhere else, teleport away, leave a fake clone or something! Other than that he controls all of Reality you can't fight him at all conventionally.)

Chrysalis (She's like galactus, Full fed she over powered Celestia. she also obvious has more magic then just transforming, I like to think thats just innate changeling magic. She can banish creatures away, probably really far when at full power, she was obviously mind controlling shining armor or at least making him ignorant in some way. And she can fire energy blasts, I don't think its a stretch to say she can learn unicorn magic and possible take control of the moon and the sun otherwise her plan would have a huge gap in it. plus she has an entire army, enough to take Canterlot by force and if they wanted to the could body snatch the higher up and corrupt entire nations...)

Nightmare moon (If Celestia had to use the elements on her than she outclasses Celestia, which probably puts her on Chrysalis' level. she had control over the sun and the moon, but she had no assets. No army, no one to enforce her rule when she wasn't physically present...the only danger she posed was ruining the globes ecosystems.)

• Like 1

#1: Discord: Discord is obviously the most powerful creature in existence. He can mold reality to his twisted will and he defies the law of physics as if they were just 'the rough guidelines of physics'. If he was really evil, instead of just being chaotic, he'd be a real force to be reckoned with. As it is he's still unbelievably dangerous, but his only real motivation is to enjoy himself, not to cause harm. It's just that he really enjoys causing harm...

#2: Starswirl the Bearded: The most powerful unicorn of all time. He was so brilliant that there is a whole wing in the library filled entirely with spells of his own creation. He was the first pony (aside from the Doctor) to travel through time. He might not have had the raw magical power of the princesses (as far as we know), but knowledge is a far more valuable asset, and he had that in spades. He was so powerful that he is remembered long after his disappearance, even though that took place thousands of years ago. I say this because in Hearth's Warming Eve it's revealed that Starswirl was around before the founding of Equestria, before the rule of the princesses, before even Discord! However, Luna recognized Twilight when she was dressed as Starswirl, which would imply that she had met him herself (the wing of the library named after him also implies this). This means that Starswirl is probably immortal (why I said disappearance instead of death) or at least has some way of prolonging his own life. Since I believe that he's still alive, that would make him the oldest and wisest creature in the world.

#3: Princess Luna AKA Nightmare Moon: As TotalEclipse said, Celestia was unable to defeat her sister without using the elements, meaning that she's weaker than Luna.

#4: Princess Celestia: Basically the immortal god queen of a kingdom. She controls the freaking sun!

#5: Twilight Sparkle: Assuming we count the elements of harmony as part of her powers, she's at least third on the list. However, without them she's still very potent. She's capable of using spells that no-one has dared to attempt since Starswirl himself. She can turn an egg into a full grown ancient wyrm in ten seconds flat! She can travel through time! She can teleport! She's pretty dang tough.

Creatures Left off the List:

Chrysalis: She's powerful, but her powers are situational. If she doesn't have a host she's powerless. If she's been impersonating your loved one for months then you're in trouble, but otherwise she's not that tough. I think... Plus, her army is pathetic. A lot of her soldiers got beaten up by Rarity. RARITY. ;)

Doctor Whooves: The show has never really done anything besides make references to his possible time travel powers.

Steven Magnet: Sadly for him, Sexyness doesn't count as a power. If it did he'd be #1.

• Like 1

But Pumpkin couldn't control hers either.

OBJECTION!

After using her powers for the first time to levitate the toys towards her, she was able to activate her magic to levitate and phase through the laundry basket "at will." Furthermore, she was able to levitate the toys towards herself again right before Pinkie Pie started crying.

So while she probably wouldn't win a "realistic serious fight" against Discord, I still think she would be the most powerful being when she reaches Twilight's age. And at that point, she will be able to make Discord explode.

Doctor Whooves: The show has never really done anything besides make references to his possible time travel powers.

The show has revealed that he has the power to rotate sand clocks.

• Like 2

Didn't even see spike in those episodes for real...could he not affect spike or did he simply just not care?

Either way, even if he couldnt do anything to a dragon, he could still just ignore them since they can't do anything to each other.

Id by like a rubber man fighting a monster made of lightning.

#1: Discord: Discord is obviously the most powerful creature in existence. He can mold reality to his twisted will and he defies the law of physics as if they were just 'the rough guidelines of physics'. If he was really evil, instead of just being chaotic, he'd be a real force to be reckoned with. As it is he's still unbelievably dangerous, but his only real motivation is to enjoy himself, not to cause harm. It's just that he really enjoys causing harm...

#2: Starswirl the Bearded: The most powerful unicorn of all time. He was so brilliant that there is a whole wing in the library filled entirely with spells of his own creation. He was the first pony (aside from the Doctor) to travel through time. He might not have had the raw magical power of the princesses (as far as we know), but knowledge is a far more valuable asset, and he had that in spades. He was so powerful that he is remembered long after his disappearance, even though that took place thousands of years ago. I say this because in Hearth's Warming Eve it's revealed that Starswirl was around before the founding of Equestria, before the rule of the princesses, before even Discord! However, Luna recognized Twilight when she was dressed as Starswirl, which would imply that she had met him herself (the wing of the library named after him also implies this). This means that Starswirl is probably immortal (why I said disappearance instead of death) or at least has some way of prolonging his own life. Since I believe that he's still alive, that would make him the oldest and wisest creature in the world.

#3: Princess Luna AKA Nightmare Moon: As TotalEclipse said, Celestia was unable to defeat her sister without using the elements, meaning that she's weaker than Luna.

#4: Princess Celestia: Basically the immortal god queen of a kingdom. She controls the freaking sun!

#5: Twilight Sparkle: Assuming we count the elements of harmony as part of her powers, she's at least third on the list. However, without them she's still very potent. She's capable of using spells that no-one has dared to attempt since Starswirl himself. She can turn an egg into a full grown ancient wyrm in ten seconds flat! She can travel through time! She can teleport! She's pretty dang tough.

Creatures Left off the List:

Chrysalis: She's powerful, but her powers are situational. If she doesn't have a host she's powerless. If she's been impersonating your loved one for months then you're in trouble, but otherwise she's not that tough. I think... Plus, her army is pathetic. A lot of her soldiers got beaten up by Rarity. RARITY. ;)

Steven Magnet: Sadly for him, Sexyness doesn't count as a power. If it did he'd be #1.

How could i forget Starswirl?

...Actually, Derpy did cause lasting on screen injuries to another pony (As shown by Twilight's casts in Feeling Pinkie Keen), and that was just by accident. Not to mention surviving a lightning strike and being able to cause large amounts of vandalism to the town hall with unintentional ease. Imagine how terrifying it would if she ever used her derps on purpose.

Nopony would be safe. NOPONY!

How could i forget Starswirl?

He must have used magic to alter your memory. That's just how powerful he is.

Dang, and he's not even real...

I take offense to the last comment comment.

Here is a thought about me... If I invented time travel spells (and I totally did), how do you know I died? How do you know I didn't TIME TRAVEL into the future, just falling off the face of the known earth, and thus still exist some place in the time stream (which I totally do, I mean I am talking to you).

• Like 1