App?

Hey Canterlot! Dashie, here!

I was wondering if you've ever considered creating an APP for Android/Apple users? I, myself, would be away from the computer so much that I get tons of notifications. So if I had an app, I could totally be on it 24/7 and not miss a beat. Ever thought about developing something very simple for the iPhone/Android? Or have you done that already? Just a question! :)

I figured it'd be on Tapatalk.

So I might just have to redownload that. But I think it should have it's own app. :)

What exactly would the app do?

If you're thinking of a simple tapatalk-like interface we'd need exactly $3,499.

Otherwise I'd need someone with a lot of experience with IP.Board and Java coding via Eclipse IDE to manually build an app.

What exactly would the app do?

If you're thinking of a simple tapatalk-like interface we'd need exactly $3,499.

Otherwise I'd need someone with a lot of experience with IP.Board and Java coding via Eclipse IDE to manually build an app.

That price almost made me...well nevermind that. So, no one here is familiar with Java.

Oh, but you said Java via Eclipse IDE, so I may be able to do something. I've been around the block, but only when it comes to maybe entry level things. I can try and do something, if that's okay with everypony else.

That price almost made me...well nevermind that. So, no one here is familiar with Java.

Oh, but you said Java via Eclipse IDE, so I may be able to do something. I've been around the block, but only when it comes to maybe entry level things. I can try and do something, if that's okay with everypony else.

Perhaps you should think about what the app would do and get the idea OK'ed with the administrators first?

Perhaps you should think about what the app would do and get the idea OK'ed with the administrators first?

I know, hadn't planned to do anything until I got proper clearance. Would suck if I created the app then I wasn't allowed to distribute it or something like that.

And buy Artax both an iphone and an ipad so that he can actually support it properly.

I don't know about that... :( I haven't had an iOS product for a while so the app would probably at first be for Android. Porting would be a whole different ball game.

Edit: But of course what I said has nothing to do with buying him idevices xD

But.... WHAT WOULD THE APP DO?!?!? XD

It's absolutely pointless saying "I'll have a go at building the app if I'm allowed" if no one even knows what the app would even do. No?

I think such an app could randomly flash images of Artax, to let everypony know he's always watching you! :artax:

But.... WHAT WOULD THE APP DO?!?!? XD

It's absolutely pointless saying "I'll have a go at building the app if I'm allowed" if no one even knows what the app would even do. No?

Very true, it's really up to the community as I'm sure that there are many features people would want in such an app.

Hypothetically, it would probably have the same features as the mobile website, with a different UI. Ability to view galleries, the usual posts, create new topics, PMing., etc. I'm not sure what what else would needed to be added.

Even so, I just want a Cantrell app! Even if it does pretty much what the tapatalk version does with a few differences.

Hm...considering that there is a IP Boards Mobile Theme, I would imagine that it might already be made. If it hasn't been made already than it sorta needs to be.

I know that you can browse it on your phone though, so...that's that.

They have an IP boards app, but it's a joke.

Really, it's a horrible waste of 2 bucks.

• Like 2