Ridiculous cuteness involving a 4 year old and ponies.

flutterscotch

So, last friday, my friend's 4 year old daughter came into work with her for the day. She came to visit me several times, and on one last visit I gave her some of my My Little Pony post-it notes.

She was super excited about it.

Today I come in and visit my friend and see this about 2 feet from the floor (it goes on longer than pictured, almost across the entire cube). I asked if it was supposed to be water, as the little girl LOVES the little mermaid.

7930546488_0c39250eb7.jpg

Nope. Each and every post-it is a LETTER TO CELESTIA from all anthropomorphized objects in my friend's cube.

I can't even make this adorableness up! Nobody prompted her to do this.

• Like 6

Awwww! Thanks for sharing this.

A while back, the two year old that I spend a lot of time with would ask as soon as I got to his house "You bring ponies?" I was torn between letting him say this cute phrase over and over, and helping him use correct English. In the end, I decided that there wasn't much harm in letting him say it 4-5 more times, and then correcting him. But now that he is asking "Did you bring your laptop?" or "Did you bring My little Pony?", I am a little sad that the world is less cute.

Fortunately, my 25 year old sister found out about this, and now she says "you bring ponies?" whenever the topic comes up.

• Like 1

That's kawaii.

Thank god she didn't write all the real letters to Celestia. She'd either be demon spawn or a genius.

I'm going to opt for the latter.

Give her time, she can already read and write better than the average 4 year old. she is just lazy :D

• Like 1

Oh god that is adorable! I'm so glad the significance of the letters to celestia aren't lost on the younger viewers.

You know, I've actually always been curious how little kids react to the show compared to us. The most I've seen is the rare instance of a girl pointing at my shirt and going "Look it's a pony! Look daddy!".

But I don't hang out with kids, so I dunno! Anyone care to enlighten us on how the target audience reacts or acts in regards to the show compared to us?

Might as well turn this into a bit of a discussion!

• Like 1

Anyone care to enlighten us on how the target audience reacts or acts in regards to the show compared to us?

From what I have seen, of kids 3-6, there is a sense of wonder. They aren't putting it it all together, but they can tell it is big and powerful, and eat it up, as much as you will give them. When you discuss the themes, they will engage. If you tell them about derpy, they will be on the lookout for her. They will want to skip the intro after the 10th time, unless you draw them into discovering and seeing new things in it. Or just singing the song together.

Also, it has completely consumed the way they see our relationship. The very first thing they think of when they see me is MLP.

The craziest think I ever saw was their reaction to Philomena bursting into flames. It was a bit traumatic. In retrospect, I think they should have resolved it faster than they did. Those seconds seemed to go forever.

• Like 1

Awww...... it's always nice to hear every once in a while how the target demographic reacts to FiM. It's kinda a pity however that by the time they become of age to use the Internet, our fandom might very well have shrunk down considerably. Either that, or they have moved on from the show (stuff like this happens with any show's audience, though),

From what I have seen, of kids 3-6, there is a sense of wonder. They aren't putting it it all together, but they can tell it is big and powerful, and eat it up, as much as you will give them. When you discuss the themes, they will engage. If you tell them about derpy, they will be on the lookout for her. They will want to skip the intro after the 10th time, unless you draw them into discovering and seeing new things in it. Or just singing the song together.

Also, it has completely consumed the way they see our relationship. The very first thing they think of when they see me is MLP.

The craziest think I ever saw was their reaction to Philomena bursting into flames. It was a bit traumatic. In retrospect, I think they should have resolved it faster than they did. Those seconds seemed to go forever.

Oh god that's just the most precious thing ever! It makes sense though that something that can easily enthrall thousands upon thousands of adults would be almost otherworldly amazing to kids

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I've actually always been curious how little kids react to the show compared to us. The most I've seen is the rare instance of a girl pointing at my shirt and going "Look it's a pony! Look daddy!".

But I don't hang out with kids, so I dunno! Anyone care to enlighten us on how the target audience reacts or acts in regards to the show compared to us?

that's a vary good question considering I don't have any younger siblings (only a pain in the butt older one) and I've always wondered how little kids react to the show other then us bronys and/or Pegasister's :)