Legends of the Pony Pirates! OOC discussion [open]

Talex

I love the whole idea of having a siren seapony, Talex!! This is gonna get good ^^

HO MY GAWHD. PIRATE NAMES.

First up, "Red Stripe" and "Red Sails" ... RS and RS...

And now we have both "Captain Cloud Shimmers" and "Shimmers" just so that we can add to the confusion! Haha, at least Shimmers isn't a captain ^^

I'm sorry, truly I am. I know you probably want to keep this all in one thread, for the sake of compactness, and I really have no place to say anything, but it's just getting too tl;dr from the sheer amount of people and the size of the posts. I want to read them all and catch up, but it seems a little too much to go sifting through to see where Roaring Flame would best fit in, especially in the middle of stuff going on.

I think we should start smaller threads, especially since it seems like stuff is going on in the middle of other unrelated stuff and it would just be cleaner to split those into separate threads.

Sorry if I seem like I'm whining complaining, but it's just my personal opinion.

Your whining is welcome here. I encourage it actually.

Would a summary help out? I know what you mean with the one thread. But I like how people can interact with each others characters more that way. It really gives the sense that everyone's on one ocean and can run into each other. So i must say that we're sticking to one main thread.

The addition of a summary thread is something I'm leaning towards though. I understand how coming in and looking at all the posts can be intimidating, heck, im sorta scared of it at times. (but it's such a good read) So I'd be willing to either make a summary here and then everyone else put a tl;dr under their post in the roleplay from now on. OR make an entirely seperate thread dedicated to the summary of the legends so far. I personally like the second option.

Opinions? I may be the op, but I don't like making decisions that affect everyone else by my self. This is OUR rp ;) I just get more say in things than you do :razz: lol

Edit: (Oh, no. I didn't realize that Star XD this is too much of a coincidence considering my plans ;3)

Hehe, Talex I love the way you run things. C:

..I would definitely keep it all in the same thread, but to make it more.. Easy to follow.. I think that a summary would help of what's happening, and also, one thing that I've been getting a little confuzzled about it where everypony is at. o//o I think that it may be good to start stating where we are at the top of every post, perhaps..? Just to help with clarity. I had a moment where I wasn't even sure if I was at the dock or out on the water when Red Sail was attacking. Soo.. Yeah. There's my one bit C:

http://youtu.be/dGupSTFgAtA

NO STAR! >:C your opinions are always worth AT LEAST two bits to me!

You got that idea from your other rp x3 Which is fine. I like the suggestion. And I think that a current location would be put into a tl;dr note at the bottom of a post. So here's my understanding of things. We have essentially two options to help keep this rp organized and clean. Those options are...

1: a catch up summary in the ooc, and tl;dr notes from now on which include your character's general location.

2: a separate summary thread, which leaves all of your posts to my interpretation >:3 (although I haven't been confused yet, so it's k)

or secret option 3! all of the above

I lean towards option number one. Because a summary thread would mean that I (or someone else) would have to keep that updated. I personally don't want to have to work for this. That's why 3 is in there. Because if the summary were to fall behind then we still have the tl;dr and it would be easy to catch the summary back up.

Again, my preference is 1

Hai scamps! I filled out an app for Red Stripe! ^^ And yes, I halfway

Status: First mate on the Reaper. Legend is still going, but having some troubles considering the has just gotten destroyed beyond repair!

Name: Red Stripe

Sex: Male

Age: Young stallion, little older than the captain, Harla Quinn.

Species: Earth pony

Looks: (I did sort of change the colour scheme mid rp because of an art piece I got, which is unfortunately too big to upload and share with you all D:) Red Stripe is red, wears a blue and white striped shirt, has shorter, brown dreadlocks for hair, which he wears under his bandana.

(General appeance): He can appear hard on the outside, but he's got his heart in the right place. He sort of steers Harla in the right direction when she decides to be a little too crazy, but doesn't have the same level of bravery that she does, so they weigh each other out nicely ^^

(Ship description): The Reaper! It's small and fast, with a medium sized crew. Maybe.. Eight ponies total.

(Weapons/Fighting style): [colour=#ff0000]"Captain Quinn would disagree with me strongly here, but I find it best to ALWAYS have a gun, just in case. Things get intense, and tales get blurred depending on who tells them. The ends really justify the means when it comes to fighting, a gun is simply a necessity. If you bring a sword to a gunfight.. You're going to lose. Hoofs down. Unless you're Captain Harla.."[/colour]

(Lifelong dream as a pirate/whatever they are): As of right now, he's trying his very hardest to save Sleek, the old look out who was taken by Blackmane last he's seen her.

(History): [colour=#ff0000]"I've been hanging with Captain Quinn since before we even had the Reaper. I've known her since she was a little foal. She used to be a nerdy little goodie horseshoes. I didn't hang with her much then, though, so I couldn't tell you what it was that made her snap, but I'm glad she had."[/colour]

(Personality): [colour=#ff0000]"I do my best to be real smart about decisions whenever I get to make them. The next day is always a gift, never a promise. I'm a pretty simple stallion."[/colour]

It's okay, String! Welcome back!! I'm.. actually having a bit of trouble keeping up myself besides the scenes that I have characters in, but I bet that if we bug Talex enough he'll write out a short summary of what's up. I'm just kitten, Talex!! ^^

Okay, from this point on, the tl;dr notes will take effect. Summarize what just happened in your post into 1 or 2 sentences. I'm not asking anything fancy, just a quick note so that those who aren't actually involved can know what's going on without having to read everything. A general location of your character is strongly encouraged. This note will go at the bottom of your post in parentheses.

I will work on a summary for what's going on AT THIS TIME.

What has already happened would be better put into it's own thread and kept separate from the ooc, since I plan to make that a "Tales of the Pirate Legends" sort of thing in which each character has their own quick summary of everything so far. (If I actually ever do this :P)

I hope to have the quick fix summary up before this weekend.

(If you want to PM me whats happened to your character so far/right now, so that I don't have to do it don't mess anything up, then go ahead. Nothing detailed, just an "off the top of the head" sort of thing.)