[Correspondence] AMA: Princess Edition [OPEN]

Dio

Princess Mi'Amore Cadenza, Regent of the Crystal Kingdoms, Ruler of the Crystal Ponies. She knew that the title meant a lot, but if she were truthful, she just preferred Cadance, or even simply Cade. She had been strolling around the town for most of her day, her disguise long since discarded when it became clear that she was not going to be able to avoid recognition. She was thankful that she at least was granted more freedoms than her aunts; It must have been very tough to be surrounded by guards and advisors all the time. She knew first hand, the crystal ponies of her court protected her almost like a newborn child.

With a sigh, she cantered across the grand plaza of the Viridian Commons, intent on rescuing a little time for herself. It was late in the day, and the sun was setting. She noted with a soft smile that the moon was already beginning to peak up from beyond the horizon, meaning that Aunty Luna had likely arisen early, to spend some time with her sister. As the mare sat down at one of the tables outside the Commons cafe, where a uniformed stallion took her order. She could feel an air of excitement within the air, the mood of the whole city was changing in the twilight of the day, switching from a city of commerce, of business and trade, to one of liveliness, of pleasure and fun. The streets were empty, but they were expectant, waiting for ponies to change from their day attire into their nightwear.

Always empathetic, the mare all but shuddered at the sensation. It was magnificent to feel a city so alive, so vibrant. She had high hopes that, in time, she could bring this feeling back to the Crystal Kingdom, which to her still felt rather rigid and stale. The waiter brought her drink, a tall glass filled with chocolate coloured liquid, and topped off with cream and dark marshmallows, and she licked at it playfully, like a child licking an ice cream. She dunked the marshmallow into the drink, and began to look over the announcement boards. As she did, she let out a little gasp, and hurriedly asked the waiter for a quill and some paper. Once he had returned, she began to write.

To the peoples of Canterlot,

First, I would like to sincerely apologise for my lack of replies of late. I must confess, I have been very busy with my home life, and and with my new regency of the Crystal Kingdom. I hope that this is all cleared up soon, and I hope that many of you consider visiting our wonderful kingdom of beauty and radience.

I would also like to make it clear that, while I am away, Canterlot will always be in my heart. I have many fine friends here in the city, and it will always be somewhere I consider myself home. I grew up here, and the city has taught me many important lessons that I vow to take with me to the Crystal Ponies. Canterlot, I thank you, every one of you, for making me the pony that I am today. I must beg of you to bare with me in these coming weeks, my mind is full of comings and goings, and I may have trouble recalling you immediately if we have met before.

With that said, I would like to extend my Aunt's proposal, and inform you all that, while I may come and go a lot now, I will endeavour to answer any and all questions you might have of me, so, please, do not be shy.

Your Princess, your friend,

Cadance

• 1 month later...

Twilight Sparkle was fully aware that the actual impact of her foray into the public relations sector of her new royal life would be felt more acutely by Spike, but it was one of the perils of the job for him that helped her keep abreast of the wills and times of her fellow Equestrians. True, unlike her colleagues she wasn't stuck in a castle somewhere, but that didn't make her an expert in the life and times of your average Equestrian. Heck, a few short years ago she was a complete novice and the depths of friendship still held more lessons than she had learned thus far, and that was even with intense study. The best way for her to further her understanding of Equestria was therefore to take letters from ponies of all types and stripes and thanks to the ongoing effort already underway, all she had to do was make it known she was taking part and hope for the flood of letters to not burn out her number one assistant.

[colour=#4b0082]"I'm ready, Spike," [/colour]She stated confidently, and not a moment later her first missive was sent out. While she was confident in her new venture, it was tempered by a bit of her natural dislike of the unknown. She was often so prepared with the fires of knowledge or the desire to see and solve a problem that she worried that she would be confronted by questions outside the scope of her admittedly vast knowledge base, stuck defending decisions not her own and hardly explained, or divulging secrets of thoughts better left unaired. She wanted to learn, learn it all, learn about every Equestrian as each one was a puzzle, a potential friend, and a piece of the tapestry of Equestria that she so deeply and ferevently loved, but there were so many of them and so few of her and she had no control over what would soon be thrust upon her. She was confident, she disliked the unknown, was desperate to learn, and excited for the posssibilities. In short, just like everything else in her life Twilight wanted to get on with the act of studying rather than sit and wait for it. She levitated some tea up, took a sip, and went about her day and the ten dozen tasks she had set for herself while she awaited responses to the missives being sent to every major population center.

[colour=#4b0082]"Dear Equestrians,[/colour]

[colour=#4b0082]I, Princess Twilight Sparkle, am eager to hear from you as I have now made myself open to receiving your letters as part of our ongoing efforts to allow the citizenry of Equestrian to make contact with Royalty. For the next month, I open my heart and time to you and your letters, and will respond to each and every one as promptly as I can.[/colour]

[colour=#4b0082]Your Faithful Princess,[/colour]

[colour=#4b0082]Twilight Sparkle"[/colour]