FRAGGLES ARE COMING!

JAKJAK291

Haven't you seen the comics? The Jim Henson Company, since they sold off the Muppet Show Muppets off to Disney and Sesame Street to Sesame Workshop, are investing a lot of time and energy into the developed properties from the 80s they still own. So a treatment for a Fraggle Rock movie has been in progress for a LONG time, at least 7-8 years as far as I can remember (not as long as the Dark Crystal one though, that we still don't have and probably never will).

The comics have been coming out on Archaia, and are fantastic. The read just like short episodes of the show and employ a different, usually recognizable artist from other comics. I feel like they're kind of the test run for interest, so if you want to show interest you should totally go buy the comics! They're already in collected volumes. The "classics" are reprints of the old Marvel releases...which were kind of horrible (yet I have them anyway).

They also recently had a 30th anniversary t-shirt design contest

i entered and lost. *sob* 7781761834_921b67d5f4_z.jpg

, so here's hoping that there will at least be a 30th anniversary special. Sad, though, that Jerry Nelson died last month, though. :-(

They're also investing in The Dark Crystal (comics and toys so far), the Storyteller (comics only so far) and created a comic on an unreleased Henson and Juhl script called the Tale of Sand. <3

(note: there are some things I love more than ponies. Henson is one of them)

I knew all of this existed. I've read the comics, (The new ones) of both Fraggles and Dark Crystal. And I've also known about the development Tartarus that the two movies have been through. I just got REALLY REALLY excited about seeing the Fraggles together again on some video format for the first time since the late 80's.

Also, I think that shirt design should have won. It's amazing.