4+ leaf clover findings.

For some reason, I am ridiculously good at finding 4 (and more)-leaf clovers. When I say ridiculously good, I mean that 80% of the time where I am outside in the spring and summer I will find one. It freaks my friends the hell out (they are really just not that rare, and when you find one you will most likely find another on either that plant, or one nearby)). In one day in 1998 I found 102 of them.

For the past 3 weeks I have found at least one every day on the way to work.

Today's find (since it's been raining cats and dogs)

4-leaf: 10

5-leaf: 4

7-leaf: 1

5733774023_371edfbeda_o.jpg

Does anyone else have a weird talent for finding multiple leaved clovers?

That, is impressive!

I have always wanted to find one but never have. Guess I'm not lucky, lol. I do however have a talent for loosing things >_>; I swear it seems like they grow feet sometimes and wonder off just to annoy me. I am rather good at learning manual things though, guess that counts for something.

Still, that is pretty impressive. What do you do with them? Do you collect them?

perhaps the luck you got finding the first 4 leaf clover gave you enough luck to find another one. And that one gave you the luck needed to find the next, and the next, and so on. Kind of a viscous cycle if you think about it wink.png Maybe I'm just so unlucky to admit anyone could have real luck. kick out with hind-legs. Bucked. Applebuck. kicking out with hind-legs. Bucks.

The opposite of a vicious circle is a virtuous circle.

5-leavers should be more common than 7s, because they are linked in the Fibonacci sequence (0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, ...), which appear for no particular reasons all around nature. The ones bracketed are the most common ones in nature.

That said, I'll be lucky if I could find a clover plant here.

The opposite of a vicious circle is a virtuous circle.

5-leavers should be more common than 7s, because they are linked in the Fibonacci sequence (0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, ...), which appear for no particular reasons all around nature. The ones bracketed are the most common ones in nature.

That said, I'll be lucky if I could find a clover plant here.

The clover with the most leaves ever was found in Iwate prefecture, so that's at least closer to you than Massachusetts is, but I would doubt that's much comfort. :)

From experience, though, 5 are slightly more uncommon than 4s, but not much. I very rarely find 7s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My front yard is covered in clover it is wonderful and soft!! I have lost count of how may 4-leaves I have found to be quite honest. I occasionally go out and sit in the sun and just look for 'em. I say it should be an Olympic sport. I would watch it!!

~Sage AkA Freddie Freewings

• 2 weeks later...
My front yard is covered in clover it is wonderful and soft!! I have lost count of how may 4-leaves I have found to be quite honest. I occasionally go out and sit in the sun and just look for 'em. I say it should be an Olympic sport. I would watch it!!

~Sage AkA Freddie Freewings

It is the best for lawns. I don't even care about the bees (which I love anyway). It's always green, stands up better and fixes the nitrogen in the soil. Grass be DAMNED. As soon as Scotchie is a homeowner and not a homerenter, all grass will be murdered and replaced with clover.

The closest that I've ever got to finding a 4-leaf clover was back in elementary school, and the 4th clover was pretty much dying compared to the other three. Does that count? :?

it totally counts. The 4th leaf is usually smaller than the other 3 anyway.

The closest that I've ever got to finding a 4-leaf clover was back in elementary school, and the 4th clover was pretty much dying compared to the other three. Does that count? :?

it totally counts. The 4th leaf is usually smaller than the other 3 anyway.

That would have been useful to know before I went looking... Lol

• 2 weeks later...

I found tons in my animal crossing town after I let it get over-run by weeds for six months. do virtual four-leaf clovers count? :D

I found a real one once when I was little, but that's the only one I've ever found. I probably could've found more, but I hate the feeling of grass so I rarely go on the grass in the summer (because I have flip-flops on). the one I found was in a crack in a sidewalk, so I didn't have to go onto the grass for it XD