Sporange Brew [FINAL]

EbenLynx

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Sporange Brew

Sex: Male

Species: Zebra/Donkey

Eye colour: Saffron (orange-yellow)

Coat colour: Beige (light tan, almost white)

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style:

His secondary colour is taupe (dark gray-brown, almost black), which is most prominent in his zebra stripes. The tips of his ears and muzzle also have this colour. His medium length mane is droopy and wavy, much like a willow tree. His tail is long, and bushy only at the base, where there are stripes of his primary (beige) and secondary (taupe) colors.

Physique:

He's small for a stallion, but lean and agile - excellent at fleeing and hiding from predators.

Origin/Residence:

He grew up with his parents in their small cottage deep within the Whitetail Woods. He currently lives in his own house, a giant mushroom hut, in a shallower section of the forest.

Alchemist – he mixes ingredients to make experimental concoctions (including but not limited to potions). However, most of his experiments do not succeed. He occasionally travels around Equestria to try to sell his "inventions", favoring small towns and villages, as he can't stand the hustle and bustle of big cities. He takes a very humble and ethical approach to selling his wares, as he is more interested in helping others than making money, but this approach often minimizes his success.

Motivation:

He dreams of revolutionizing the world with his discoveries, though he'd be happy just to make a valuable contribution. He doesn't care about fame or fortune.

Likes:Mushrooms, exploring the unknown, relaxing in dark places, occasional solitude

Dislikes: Excessive sunlight, large crowds, loud noises, feeling restrained

Character Summary:

Parents & History:

His father is a zebra herbalist, who traveled to Equestria in search of ingredients for new medicines. His mother is a donkey cook, who specializes in mushroom recipes. The two met in Froggy Bottom Bog (one of the many places they both often venture to acquire exotic ingredients), while hiding from a monster. They currently still live in their cottage in Whitetail Woods. Sporange Brew was very close to his parents while growing up, and he has learned many things from both of their professions. He now lives alone in his own hut, not far from his parents, and he visits them frequently. He usually doesn't mind being alone, but to keep him company while he is by himself, he has recently adopted a pet frog.

Cutie Mark Story:

His flank mark is a zebra style symbol of a mushroom. This represents his love for mushrooms and his ability to use them in alchemy. He discovered his talent when he invented a mushroom-based "food tonic", which can keep one fed for longer than an equal amount of normal food.

Flaws:

His biggest flaw is that, in his profession, he ultimately doesn't know what he's doing. He has made a few successful discoveries, but most of his experiments end in failure. He also tends to be too curious, sometimes getting himself into dangerous situations. He is sometimes socially awkward, but not in a shy way – instead, he is the one who, unintentionally, makes others feel uncomfortable by being bluntly open and honest.

Personality:

He tends to have a serious, gloomy presence, though this is often deceiving, as he is usually content and warm-hearted. He is very ambitious, but willing to settle when he cannot achieve perfection. He is easily satisfied with the simple pleasures of life. He is empathetic and generous, hence his desire to help others with his creations, but also somewhat of a coward, who rarely stands up for himself or his friends. Ironically, he is also reckless in situations where the danger is not immediately apparent; he will ignore warnings, but then panic when actually faced with a threat.

mlp_oc__sporange_brew_by_eben_swf-d5fz72i.png

I think it'll be alright; doesn't seem overpowered compared to what I've seen around here. I can't say I've seen a Zebra/donkey hybrid before, so you're a first there.

But yeah, looks like a good character to my amateur eye!

Hi EbenLynx!

For a first app, this is one of the best I've ever read! There have been zebra/donkey hybrid accepted in Mane RP before, so this is perfectly acceptable. I like how well written this app is, all of the appropriate fields are filled out. His backstory and profession seem to fit the present Equestria 'universe,' since Zecora has 'set the standard' for zebras on the show. Though Senior RP staff MIGHT question living in a giant mushroom, I see this as quite plausable considering (a) the Everfree Forest has many, many oddities to it and (b) we DO have ponies/zebras living IN TREES so why not have one living in a giant mushroom?

I agree with Rackenhammer that this character is NOT overpowering. Overall, a very, very good first app!

Hi, we're just going to ask you to change your location away from Ponyville, and you'll be good to go. Might I suggest Whitetail Woods? It's still close to Ponyville, and has opportunities for giant mushroom trees...or something. Our reasoning is that we don't want this character to encroach on Zecora's territory.

Love the cutie mark, by the way. It looks like...uh. Actually, we'll just explore that another time.

Hi, we're just going to ask you to change your location away from Ponyville, and you'll be good to go. Might I suggest Whitetail Woods? It's still close to Ponyville, and has opportunities for giant mushroom trees...or something. Our reasoning is that we don't want this character to encroach on Zecora's territory.

Love the cutie mark, by the way. It looks like...uh. Actually, we'll just explore that another time.

Alrighty – I've updated some of the details of the application with that in mind. I've also simplified the cutie mark, as I felt the old one was a bit complex and unclear.