Revolution: A Hoof in the Dark (Open)

Valencetiger

'Fermata' trotted in silence, still leaning slightly against Gladius since she felt little compulsion to make any movements of her own volition. They were going into the Upper City, which Cadence had never actually seen before in her life. It was... bright and beautiful, perhaps even more so than the former Canterlot had once been. The ponies seemed happy, when she chanced a glance at them. She was not looked at, though. Nopony could spare something as wasted away as she a glance, and Cadence felt the isolation. It was as if this wasn't even Equestria anymore, as if she had been torn from her homeland into a world with some similarities. But no, this was her world, as much as she wished it weren't.

She felt another pang of despair upon realizing that they were actually physically walking on the castle grounds now. She recognized the building they were entering as a fragment... Who was to say what horrible things had transpired on this spot. Cadence hesitated for a moment when she was invited into the home. She pawed a hoof nervously at the ground. Did she even know that she could trust this stallion? Who was to say he wouldn't do evil things to her in his home?

[colour=#ee82ee]"... Thank you." [/colour][colour=#000000]'Fermata' trotted into the room beyond the door, suddenly too weary to care about her own fate. She cast a dull, appraising look around.[/colour]

Free gulped as the room transformed into an image of the night sky, a night just like the one before they had killed her.......... Free tried to push the memories back, but he felt a sharp pain on the inside as the fond memories of his time with Princess Luna came flooding back to him. He kept a straight face however, sitting down gently. "So. No killing then. You dissapoint me my good stallion." Free said in a calm voice, not showing anything to lie about the conflict going on inside him but the slight twitch of his left eye. "We are going to talk instead then. What shall we talk about? There is a new dish on the menu, I believe it's meant to be a soup of some kind. Oh and the views from the newly renovated west wing are to die for." Free said, his mouth blurting out whatever came to it, his mind on other matters. Did he have a traitour in his network? Why else would they try a new method of getting him to talk? He knew the GEF was low, but using memories of ponies to make them talk was just plain wrong.

The inside of the building was well-lit and nicely (if a bit blandly) decorated. It appeared to be just another modest home, only the outside making it stand out from any average abode. Gladius came inside quietly, shutting the door gently behind him and hanging the sacks on their racks, dangling slightly as they settled. Passing 'Fermata', he stopped at the staircase, looking back at her.

"...there is a bath and a guest room upstairs, on the far left hall. Please, clean yourself and we'll have dinner afterwards. We'll talk then." Leaving 'Fermata' to herself, he trotted up the stairs and went down the right hall, toward his own chambers. His mind pondered on who this pony was...a former loyalist? An outcast? Simply an unfortunate pony who lost her home during the war? There was something awfully familiar about her...but he couldn't put his hoof on it. Entering his room and closing the door behind him, he sat on his bed and looked out the window to the city outside. Yet again...his thoughts dwelled on the past. After several minutes of silence and brooding, he stood up and went into the master bathroom, beginning to clean himself up.

Knowledge is power, with information, entire battles could be won without firing a single shot,

with knowledge, governments could topple and collapse under their own weight by distrust and anarchy,

with influence, the whole course of history could be changed,

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

A motto used by the old Equestrian government and Special Forces although both are now non-existent for 5 years now..5 years...5 long years...it's been that long since the old government fell and their leaders executed...Ironic considering popular opinion that the Alicorns would lead Equestria in eternal peace...Guess people didn't like the sound of that since the rebellions happened hard to believe it's been that long, everything has changed since then but Freelancer always survive we've hidden in the shadows for 5 long years, we've evolved from a simple research project into a fully fledged shadow government with global influence and way of life, Freelancer survived as the old ways came crashing down we have survived to this very day using Knowledge, power and influence to shape our future...

A midnight black armoured pony mused, he was prone in the ash covered ground over an area that was once Ponyville, a small town that was mostly destroyed during the final decisive conflict during the rebellion it always rained ash in this area like it was snow, it was also home to the Elements of Harmony although some were killed or missing during the war while others like Rainbow Dash joined with the Grand Equestrian Federation, The Freelancers distrusted the GEF because every Freelancer had lost someone close to them and the Loyalists during the war. He was armed heavily performing reconnaissance laying low with a High caliber sniper rifle with a thermal scope and a silencer on the end of the barrel watching from ridge line that oversaw a GEF research facility which contained a new type of technology that the Freelancers needed for a new stage of progress which would improve their experiments rate of success and then be employed to Agents in the field.

Leave no trace, act swift and silence like shadows with precision and secrecy.

The raid would commence soon, they had to act swiftly and as quiet as possible, if alarms were raised that'd leave the Freelancer recovery teams an E.T.A of an hour before GEF forces started appearing on the scene with the nature of how the recovery teams operated that'd be more then enough time to take what they needed and evacuate, they've hit countless numbers of GEF research and science facilities as well as military bases and communications outposts leaving no traces of their existence in the area of operations the Freelancer raid patterns happened at seemingly remote and random times and at completely different areas but they never hit civilian targets that was one of their main rules of engagement they weren't terrorists, they were Agents that protected ponykind as it saw fit at all costs, they raided for technology, information, eliminating any potential threats to the Freelancer's cause, anything that proved useful but how they raid and the methods they employed baffled other factions as they left nothing traceable, not even hoofprints, bodies even bloodstains are nowhere to be found in the raid area.

The pony lifted his armoured navy blue wings slightly to get a read on the wind strength and direction he used the rifle's thermal scope to zoom in close to the base and scout out the base's military garrison strength, it appeared to be small enough for the teams to retrieve what they needed with no alarms raised. "That ain't happening on my watch..." the pony muttered noticing the recovery teams in position,

"Recovery-One and Recovery-Two in position and ready to move in, awaiting signal from Agent Nova." the teams signaled to the armoured pony who swung round and took aim at the base's guards.

"Showtime." Nova smirked as his signal would be swift and silent, he waited as the guards walked right into his sights "perfect..." he muttered slowly focusing on the shot, he pulled the trigger sending a round which exploded the back of the skull of the first guard and pierced the eye and brain instantly killing the second, Nova redirected his sights and fired two more rounds killing the tower guards.

The signal was given, the Recovery teams moved in and infiltrated the perimeter and got to work inside the station, "Both Recovery teams are in, initiating Recovery protocols and sweeping the station." the radio chimed in as the two teams were in, "Copy that Recovery teams, good luck I'll watch the perimeter, Agent Nova out." he replied on the radio Nova got up and moved to a different location, he jogged swiftly holding the sniper rifle in his hands, the rifle weighed incredibly light in his hands where as a regular pony couldn't even pick it up let alone aiming it from the shoulder and actually fire it and not suffer any broken bones from the recoil, he found cover nearby that overlooked the main roads into the base and set up and guarded the way in while the teams got to work.

10 minutes later, they secured and silenced the station and began recovering the materials, intelligence and technologies they were tasked on retrieving, "Agent Nova, packages and materials have been gathered and ready for extraction, Cleansing and Area Denial procedure is complete, no traces left heading to front of the base for extraction." the recovery reported in 15 minutes later confirming they had completed their objectives, "Copy that Recovery teams, calling for extraction now, I'll meet you at the EZ, Agent Nova out." he spoke over the radio to the teams he then switched to a different frequency which was the evac transport channel, "Nova to 4-6-9-er, Recovery teams have the packages and ready for exfil, be advised we are short on time as GEF ground patrols are inbound and will be here in 45 minutes max" Nova spoke urgently on the radio to the Extraction pilot code-named 4-6-9-er as he was already moving to the front of the research base to rendezvous with the recovery teams.

"On it Agent Nova, I'll be there ASAP ETA 10 minutes just keep moving, 4-6-9-er out." the pilot replied over the radio,

Nova and the teams linked up at the main courtyard of the research station all the materials were stored and ready for extraction, "Is this all of it?" Nova asked the Recovery team leaders looking at the materials, "Yes, this is all of it all their experiments, notes and materials as well as what we could find are all here they will be transported back to base" one of the team leaders responded while sitting on a low wall his rifle was leaning on the wall, "what's interesting is that they were working on some interesting materials like tougher armour materials, various new weapon concepts even Artificial Intelligence and powered suits, with this tech gone we'd have the edge for years, decades even." the other team leader was crouched examining the contents of the materials closely excited by what the raid turned up.

Powered...What?!, Arti- where the hell did they get this tech from? They must've been planning something big to make this kind of tech...Looks like they won't be needing it anymore. Nova thought staring the crates and various other containment objects, "right be prepared, Evac's inbound and we don't want to be late, is that understood?" Nova watched as the transport arrived descending from the sky rapidly, it swooped past them and slowly landed in front of them kicking up dust heavily and just as the ramp opened and the transport touched down the Recovery teams loaded the materials up on the transport and then boarded the transport, Nova looked around making sure everything was clear before he himself hopped on the transport which took off and left the scene before suspicion was aroused.

Mission accomplished, like shadows we disappear.

The Grand Equestrian Federation patrols arrived at their pre-determined time, baffled at the disappearance of the technology their scientists had been working on and sending alarm messages throughout the High Command radiowaves, picking up signals from other facilities that had also been hit by the same mysterious group. Nopony knew who exactly was doing these raids...but they meant business, it was quite obvious. However, unlike the other patrols...this one had a couple of very important visitors.

"...and yet another excursion by these ghosts, it seems. How quaint." The Red Fox murmured, sifting through the wrecked hallways of the facility, the GEF soldiers running through the place, trying to find whatever they can. However...unlike before, the Red Fox had brought along his/her favorite weapon. Turning to Chronarch, the Red Fox whispered with disapproval etched deep into its tone.

"Tell me, my Archmage...do you think your special 'talents' can find what I seek here? If they will not leave any evidence in our present time...perhaps you can dig some up from our past, yes?" The Red Fox smiled behind its mask. Chronarch was a powerful asset...and perfectly loyal. The perfect guard dog...

Big Macintosh eyed Free in silence, letting the pony say what he wanted and tire himself out. He hadn't purposely meant to choose a painful memory for the rebel...he simply thought that it would be sort of soothing. However, he would instead change it into a rolling, green grassland, wind blowing through the toom to simulate an actual open plain.

"...I'm going to help you escape, Free Quickhoof."

Free calmed down a bit when the room switched to the grassy plain. I'm going to help you escape, Free Quickhoof. The stallion raised his eyebrow as Big Mac said this. "Uh huh. And tell me again why I should trust you after all i've heard about you? How do I know you're not just going to get me out and shoot me on the spot?" Of course Free was suspicious, he hadn't survived as a military black ops commander for 5 years by trusting everypony he met. "And even if you are..... Why? It was the Loyalists fault that you're family was murdered. Why help me now?" Free was very confused by this stallion. Of all his years in the corps, not once had the enemy come up to him and said 'hey i'll let you go now.' It just didn't make any sense.

"Tell me, my Archmage...do you think your special 'talents' can find what I seek here? If they will not leave any evidence in our present time...perhaps you can dig some up from our past, yes?"[colour=#282828] The Red Fox smiled behind its mask. Chronarch was a powerful asset...and perfectly loyal. The perfect guard dog... [/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]"A simple task."[/colour] Chronarch replied laconically. His stern expression remained static as he focused on his magic. Scrying through time was a trivial matter for the unicorn, he'd been able to do it since he was a foal.

He closed his eyes as the events that transpired at the research facility speed through his mind in reverse. [colour=#40e0d0]"There,"[/colour] he said once his vision settled on the beginnings of the raid. He watched the series of events play out several different times form hundreds of different angles and vantage points. [colour=#40e0d0]"I commend their efficiency, the entire facility was raided, neutralized, and cleaned up in thirty five minutes. It disgusts me that such ponies would not use their talents to further the Federation."[/colour] He said out loud.

Now that he the overview of what happened he been to search for details. He stopped time in his vision and walked around the facility until he located the two teams of ponies who stole the materials and neutralized the facility. They appeared to be halted and in preparation for something, a signal of some sort perhaps. Chronarch allowed time to creep forward is slow motion as he surveyed the guards around the facility. He cocked his head in confusion when one of the pony's skull seemed to slowly bulge out and explode. He stopped the vision and flew in on that instant. A quick look at the situation revealed that a heavy rifle round had penetrated the guard.

[colour=#40e0d0]"I think I've found something of importance,"[/colour] He said to The Red Fox.

He slowly rewound the vision and followed the bullet back to it's origin. An armored pony with a large rifle lay on the ash coated ridge overlooking the facility. He let the raid play out in real time.

[colour=#282828]"Copy that Recovery teams, good luck I'll watch the perimeter, Agent Nova out."[/colour]

[colour=#282828] "Nova to 4-6-9-er, Recovery teams have the packages and ready for exfil, be advised we are short on time as GEF ground patrols are inbound and will be here in 45 minutes max"[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"what's interesting is that they were working on some interesting materials like tougher armour materials, various new weapon concepts even Artificial Intelligence and powered suits, with this tech gone we'd have the edge for years, decades even."[/colour]

He continued watching as all of the ponies met in the facilities courtyard. An airship appeared overhead and lowered itself down. Once the ponies loaded up their haul it took off into the night sky. He didn't even attempt to follow, the vehicle would like leave his scrying range before he could learn anything useful

Chronarch knew three things now: One, the sniper's was referred to as Agent Nova; Two, he appeared to be a commanding officer, thus making him easier to track since they had a name; Three, they were organized and had resources far beyond what a simple five year mashed together force of insurgents could muster up, so they were an old group, older then the new order.

The stallion released his spell narrowed his eyes in annoyance. [colour=#40e0d0]"It seems that these pests are going to be quite the annoyance. Based on the information I have recovered I have deduced that we are dealing with a large and organized group with resource that are likely close to or equal to our own. Evident by the fact they they have ready access to aerial transport and by a comment one of them made about the items they procured. I have also learned the name of what I believe to be a commanding officer. Agent Nova, although this may be a handle, regardless, handle or not a designation makes tracking them that much easier."[/colour] He said with a sly smirk.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Perhaps the the old Equestria's classified records hold knowledge on any shadow groups that were created or funded during the control of the principality. I would look there first."[/colour]

The Red Fox nodded, compiling the information the archmage had just told it. So...a shadow organization from the former Principality...quite the interesting development. Also, knowing that they possessed superior technology at the moment was surprising. Satisfied, the Red Fox sent a telepathic order to all of the soldiers in the area, telling them to pull out and make for the nearest barracks. However, one remained, coming to the Red Fox as ordered.

"...marvelous work, as always Chronarch. I am glad I decided against throwing you into the Pit. I want you to go to the Archives and see what you can find, and report directly back to me. I'll be waiting at the Citadel...don't be late."

Turning away from Chronarch, it addressed the filly who had just arrived. She wore the blackish hyper-flex armor that was given solely to those among the Shade Corps, designed to provide optimal protection and agility required for their duties. Kneeling before the Red Fox, the filly waited for her orders.

"...Applebloom. You know what I wish of you...track down this, Agent Nova, and capture him. Show no mercy to anypony who gets in your way...you've been waiting to prove yourself to me and to the Federation...well, now you can."

Applebloom raised her head, her long red mane hanging past her shoulders as she looked up at the Red Fox. During the Revolution, the GEF had saved her from the Loyalists that attacked her family...leaving her alone the Apple Family's last surviving mare. The past five years, she committed herself to becoming one of the fabled Shades...and now was her chance to repay the Red Fox for saving her so long ago. Her eyes sparkled with a mischievous light at the opportunity to make her master proud.

"Yes, Red Fox...I am yours, forever." Bowing once more, Applebloom stepped into one of the shadowy halls of the ruined facility, disappearing as quickly as she arrived.

Broken Mind continued working, building more weapons and armor for ponies he didn't know, with no real purpose in mind. The streets were barren, one of the pluses to living in a practically abandoned part of Equinia, where the outcasts now lived. Only the stupid colts looking for a good scare would ever dare enter this place. Broken Mind preferred living here to living in a Loyalist outpost. So many ponies, and he couldn't see their blood, it always teased him. Thankfully, he was at the edge of the abandoned district, meaning Loyalist ponies didn't move far to gain equipment. Though it was rather dangerous, it made everything funnier to him. It was only his first day, and it seemed they forgot how easily he was distracted without supervision.

He finished repairing a weapon; a sniper rifle, good for stealth attacks, though it would always give away your position. Broken Mind looked out the window again, looking out at the funny little buildings. He saw three ponies walking together. He picked up the rifle, and decided to test it. He looked through it's scope; two of them seemed to be guards, the other a funny looking green pony with what seemed to be dragon wings. Broken Mind zoomed in on the dragon pony, prepared to find the funny looking red blood. He pressed the button, and the gun went off.

Missed! Well, hit and miss. Although he aimed for the dragon pony, he hit one of the guards in the head. He laughed as blood came pouring from the stallions head. He aimed again, and missed the dragon pony, and hit the other guard in the leg.The stallion collapsed, and couldn't move, it seemed. He aimed one more time... Out of ammo! He forgot to fill the cartridge. He turned to fill it, determined to have fun with the pony. By the time he finished, the dragon pony appeared gone. Aw well, still a funny little tableau outside his house. He fell to the ground laughing, forgetting about working on building more equipment.

Big Mac let out an audible sigh, leaning back in his chair. He didn't expect the pony to trust him...why would he? Big Mac had been his jailor for five years now, so why would he let him go? In fact, Big Mac himself didn't know why he was either...he guessed it was simply something he needed to do.

"...I know you don't trust me. That is understandable. However, I am your only way to escape now...the Red Fox knows of your plan, and is already laying siege to many of your cells out in Equestria..." Big Mac was surprised at himself...he had never spoken that much in a single speech.

panic... that had been what was in Draco's head when the shots rang out and the guards fell he ran .. it did not matter that he had nothing to do with it... he would be to blame he had ran around the corner into a dark alley. "gods.." he said as he slumped down. "could this day get any worse?" he asked tempting the fates.. he heard the guards around the corner at the body's of their comrades ordering them to find him .. and the shooter presumably to kill them or take them in for questioning and torture. he could not stay here nor could he fly out.. he ran as fast as he could keeping too the shadows avoiding the GEF guards as much as he could he hoped no one saw him as he snuck around Equina trying to escape.

(valence if you could see what they (the GEF forces) think then i would be glad)

(Ugh... tough posts, I have to step up for this)

Fortunetaly it was summer. The frozen north of Equestria is not a nice place, especially not in winter.

The neighagra falls were the most beautiful waterfall in whole Equestria, but nopony would ever visit them anymore or even less go north of them. They were the border of central north Equestria or better known as Syrchalis now, the new quarter of the land that belongs to the changelings as tradeoff for their role in helping the GEF overthrow the monarchy.

The further you go beyond the border of this land the more common become patrols of changelings which are flying in groups of threes over the entire area. Whoever is stupid enough to get caught here will be altered by magic and used to feed the army of changelings that are waiting here for the weak moment of the GEF.

Queen Chrysalis was watching over her "accomplishment" from a ledge at a mountain on the very north of this land when her expression became dark and angry. She closed her eyes, teeth clenched. [colour=#009966]"How could this happen? To me? Have I been so foolish to take this chance?"[/colour]

Manehatten, Canterlot, Cloudsdale. Three important keypoints all so close - in attack range, yet the brood is silent, you rarely ever see a changeling anywhere outside of their territory. The queen even removed the ambassadors from the capital, not willing to accept further ignorance from the GEF. They did not involve their interests in whatever they did. They were merely interested in their own race.

She moved back from the ledge to her new cold throne, laying down across it. Nearly whispering - a song.

(if you need music go with... Edit, I found better fitting stuff):

(Skip to 2:40)

[colour=#009966]"What have I done, how could I be so wrong?

I don't deserve at all to be the queen,

I was illusive - led my hive to its swan song.

Mother, I call to thee - oh if I just had forseen..."[/colour]

She sobbs and tears come down her cheeks.

[colour=#009966]"I cannot cry, I may not dwell,

if it was just for that one spell,

I wish I did not fail, but I did twice,

my dreams so very shattered,

my will so very battered,

now pay my price in this eternal ice."[/colour]

Her expression becomes more serious and angry again. She stands up and goes to the ledge again, her voice forceful and proud.

(3:09 - read fast)

[colour=#009966]"This sorrow! It led me astray!

Now it's time, for us to rise!

End this cursed shadowplay,

gather all, we need allies."[/colour]

She becomes quiet but grinning devilish, now rather talking than singing.

[colour=#009966]"There is this one royal,

that I used to fool them all,

broken but somewhat loyal,

I have to find her and I shall.

The truth - I will be lying when I say,

that the GEF is my only prey,

and restore Equestrias shine.

But at the end, it will be all mine."[/colour]

An evil laugh was heard along the mountains.

(Poem rhythm is quite a bi*** when you are not talking in your native language. And yes, Syrchalis is an anagram...)

(Sure thing, Sev :) )

Draxis approached the bloody scene with a bleak face, the armor he was wearing feeling especially tighter than normal. Gazing around at the houses around, he ordered his guards to pick up the wounded stallion and dead mare. These Loyalist dogs...it is about time they get what they deserve.

"Captain Draxis, the guardspony here said that the prisoner they were escorting escaped down the streets...and that they were shot by a sniper. Shall I have our men search the area?" One of the guards spoke to him, wearing the standard guardspony armor.

"Yes, we'd best do that. Send out Ironspike and Gray Spark to search the houses, I'll persue the prisoner." With that he turned from the guardspony, who saluted and passed out the orders. As Draxis cantered away, a slight grin appeared on his face. Fools...such stupid fools. None of them realized that he was a Changeling...well, except maybe Red Fox. Every organization needed its own internal spies, and he was one of them. Back during the Revolution, Draxis was a Hivelord...a powerful Changeling only a step below Chrysalis herself. However, he knew that the Red Fox was superior to his former queen, and he wasn't a fool...it is only a matter of time before good ol'Foxy decided to eliminate the GEF's changeling rival. As a result of this revelation Dracis received...he and his hive deserted from the rest of the Changelings, set free by the Red Fox's magic. Now, he served the Red Fox as his spymaster, running the guards in Equinia and controlling a host of changelings.

Following the scent trail of the prisoner, he wondered who exactly this pony was...and why he had been arrested. His false white wings spread out as he took to the skies above, so that he could scan for the prisoner more efficiently.

Draco continued through the alleyways and shadowy streets trying not to be seen he looked into the air to see a Pegasus scanning the area... **** he backed into the shadow and continued his heart pounded he sweated like it was 90 degrees as he ran through the dark alleys he ran until he couldn't anymore.. there was a open street nothing to stop a Pegasus from seeing him.. he could not go back... only way to go was forwards.. he barreled out into the street his cloak showing a crimson stain from the dead guard he ran until he fell into the shadows again he breathed a sigh of relief no one had seen him. as he continued down the shadowed alley he had this feeling of being followed...

One of Chrysalis' minions approached the throne, bowing before her respectfully. Her namEte was Lypris, and part of a rare breed of Changeling that could use magic...at the cost of their wings. She kept her odd, purple eyes to the ground, always wary of her queen.

"...My Queen...reports say there has been an uprise of activity in the Federation's lands. Apparently, the GEF is currently purging the countryside for the RLF...they have annihilated several outposts and cells. Also, there are reports of the GEF scientific facilities being raided by an unknown source...and that the Red Fox is looking into these matters itself."

Ripples sounded around the other changelings, some whispers excited and anxious, others filled with dread and suspicion. Lypris waited for her liege's reply, uncertain as to how she would react.

[colour=#009966]"Purging the RLF? Not good"[/colour], she turned around, facing Lypris, [colour=#009966]"we need to act. The RLF has to know we are on their side. Find the GEF troops that are taking out the RLF cells. We need to attack them. We will change to members of the RLF, they will never know we turned against them."[/colour]

She did never lose her grin but eventually she had a more serious look on her face. [colour=#009966]"Also we need to find that other faction, the one that is raiding the science facilities."[/colour] Her minions were listeing quietly - soon they will act on their own to accomplish Chrysalis goals.

[colour=#009966]"One last thing. I will go with you. I cannot sit here and dwell in sorrow, so I must join this battle."[/colour] Her troops were worried - if they lose their queen they would be lost. [colour=#009966]"Don't be scared Lypris"[/colour], she whispered to her,[colour=#009966] "I will focus on finding the raiding faction and mainly act out of the dark."[/colour]

Lypris looked up at her queen, adoration and pride gleaming in her eyes. This was the Chrysalis she had missed seeing...this is the aunt she remembered. Glad that her queen was (if only outwardly) out of her gloom, she smiled wickedly.

"Of course, your Highness...may I be excused to prepare our spellcasters for the upcoming attack?" As one, a small group in the back saluted, them being other changelings who had gifts in magic.

'Fermata' silently did as she was told, trotting toward the bathroom. When she was taking her shower, she was able to take off her saddle and let her wings free. They hing limp, so used to being bound that they didn't even bother responding to the rare opportunity for stretching. Cadence noted dully that she never even took off the saddle, even when sleeping. And when was the last time she had been able to bathe? She was sure she smelled like a pile of walking laundry at the moment. She had to be careful with the water, though. If she accidentally managed to clean off the char of the burn mark on her flank, her cutie mark would be revealed. That would be a dead give away to anypony paying attention, and Cadence didn't know the affiliation of the stallion she was currently with. So Cadence carefully shielded her flank from the water and just washed the rest of herself. She was soon pretty clean, if not any prettier.

She trotted back downstairs. Glad had vanished, leaving Cadence alone in the home. He had said they'd be dining, so she trotted into whatever room she could find that served as a kitchen. Perhaps she could make something, pay him back for the kindness he had shown so far. The knife hadn't been stabbed into her back yet, after all.

Shortly after the raid.

The transport flew silent in the night sky as they were heading to the Freelancer hidden HQ, the transport's stealth systems were active since they left the research facility, 4-6-9er kept the transport level and fast, she was a hotheaded mare who loved flying she was a incredibly skilled pilot she was known for being able to outmaneuver faster smaller fighters in troop transports and keep an exceptional degree of control over her transport while being pursued she was very protective of her job as she didn't have much of anywhere else to go.

She used to serve the GED back then was known as the NEO during the Rebellion flying gunships to intercept Loyalist forces but after the war she was dishonourably discharged for assaulting and disrespecting her superiors, Bull****..they saw me as a threat and constantly ordered me on suicide missions and got disappointed everytime I made it out fine they deliberately tried to get me killed, stupid asshole bag of dick****s...​ She thought bitterly as she remembered her time flying for the NEO forces believing in a free Equestria, she was one of those who protested against the royal family's execution believing Democracy was possible while keeping the monarchy intact.

Sadly her superiors ignored her pleas and the executions proceeded anyway, after the executions her sister who was also a pilot was executed for speaking out against the GEF for executing the Princesses and the Royal family, Freelancer contacted her and offered her a chance to fly again and her safety a steady payroll and a new home, she gladly accepted and she felt alive again flying for the Freelancers and she never regretted it.

As they reached outside the GEF's Airspace 4-6-9er switched the stealth systems off after they reached outside the GEF's area of influence.

"Baseplate this is Sky Talon, we request permission to land, be advised please inform the Director that we also have Vermilion-Priority materials and intel that require assistance into the research and science labs, over" 4-6-9er communicated to the Freelancer ATC requesting landing permission, she also informed the ATC of the recovered goods from the Research station raid.

After a minute or two the ATC scanned her bird and canceled tracking procedures after they identified her transport as Freelancer, "Sky Talon, Baseplate here permission has been granted and landing teams will assist in the goods transportation to the labs the Director will be very happy to be informed of this, great work out there welcome home Sky Talon!" a warm and friendly voice welcomed them home as they were given permission to land and science teams were ready to assist as they touched down, the ramp was open and the Recovery teams marched out and carried the goods to the science teams who took the goods to the R&D labs.

Nova waited for 4-6-9er to power down the transport in the open transport compartment behind the cockpit, 4-6-9er stepped out of the cockpit and walked through the door to meet Nova and took off her flight helmet to reveal a beautiful brunette-maned ice blue-eyed mare who smirked at Nova, "Well that went better then I thought good thing we got out fast huh?" she joked and remarked about Nova and the Recovery teams success.

"Yeah those tip offs came in handy the GEF were working on some serious tech, they would've used them on the RLF and eventually on us now we just need to wait until we can figure out on how to best use it I'd imagine it'll be sometime before we can use that tech on the field." Nova stated thinking what would've happened if they hadn't of hit the station, "Yeah no **** once we learn what we can out of it the better, meanwhile me and the other pilots had a bet about how long the GEF realise their shiny toys have been taken so far I'm winning, those stupid *******s always take awhile, I know because I used to fly for them. That bet's going for a good $500" she remarked smugly knowing she'd win the bet and started thinking on what she'd spent it on as she walked with him to the de-briefing.

While the Recovery teams, 4-69er and Nova got de-briefed, elsewhere in a small planning room located above the main training area with a large viewing port window over looking the training area, a holographic screen on the opposite side of the room, lit up with the Freelancer symbol formed intricate patterns before switching to a hologrpahic leaderboard showing the status and scores of the top 10 Freelancer agents activated, the Director his appearance shrouded in shadows watched the leaderboard intensely before another pony moved next to him holding a Data slate and activated a hologram of the Archives tower in Equinia which lit up the room.

"Our operatives have returned from the research station raids and are currently being de-briefed and all have resulted in resounding successes and all traces of Freelancers being there have been purged, Director." the pony known only as the "Counselor" spoke with a calming and relaxing tone.

"Excellent, once this technology is developed and employed all across our military, this will ensure our superiority as the guardians of Ponykind, we cannot allow the GEF to posses such technology for they would no doubt use it to wipe the RLF forces out this also cannot be allowed to happen." The Director spoke with a cold calculating intelligent gentlemanly Southern accent.

"However Director, the GEF somehow have appeared to caught wind of our activity they have sent operatives to investigate the old Equestrian archives in the Equinia Archives tower, they have also started purging RLF cells in the Equestrian mainland and the Changelings have begun prepping attacks on the GEF."

"I am aware of their investigations Counselor and I have a contingency plan to deal with their... Curiosity, my best agent has infiltrated their systems and is currently dealing with this problem soon all trails that could have any relevance to Freelancer will be deleted and corrupted, we cannot afford to be revealed before it's time, as for the Changelings and the RLF, they are of secondary priority. They will be handled in due time." the Director turned to the hologram and keyed in a code which showed the Agent's progress at the tower.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour after the raid

The tower stood gracefully among the skyscrapers of the city and the cloudless skies above while the streets were filled with the hustle and bustle of ponies, vehicles and other commotion, The Agent's target building was in sight, the agent who was thin sleek but nonetheless the most dangerous Freelancer agent known only as Texas or Tex for short.

She moved swiftly inside the tower ignoring the tower's delusions of grandeur never losing step she seemed to naturally flow around the crowds as she had a more important objective at hand then to admire the sights and waste time, she used a high level identity clearance to get around the Tower's security, she had memorized the Tower's layout off by heart and where key security stations and strongpoints were and avoided them sneaking past their defenses and reached the 36th floor which was where records of the military, it's secrets, surveillance servers and also where a GEF master server was located.

Tex searched for an access point in the servers she looked thoroughly and located a terminal to access the GEF's database, she accessed the mainframe and installed a small portable but immensely huge 8 terabyte memory device which fed via a two way system, she place the device on a table and slid the USB port into the terminal and began it's operation as it downloaded all information, traces everything and anything relevant to Freelancer and deleted and corrupted all backup data the database held effectively removing all evidence and records of Freelancer ever existing from the history of Equestria.

They were now never there, they don't exist. The device also downloaded critical and important GEF data and vital military data, Tex also released a virus into the Tower's surveillance system wiping all footage of her being there at all, once it was complete the memory device disconnected and Tex closed the Terminal off deleting her log-in data on the terminal then made her way down to the main hall and vanished into the crowds and made her way outside of the city were a small helicopter extracted her fast out of the area before local authorities realized what happened, maybe they didn't even realise at all?, even if they did it would be too late as Tex would've already vanished.

The Freelancers still remained elusive as ever, the mission was another unforeseen victory as Tex showed the GEF that the Freelancers are capable of anything.

Broken Mind laughed for much longer than he should have. It didn't help that everything around him was so funny. He looked up and saw more guards. This made him laugh further. Blood was always funniest. He reached over to grab the rifle again. This time, however, he grabbed parts to armor. His mind then changed to work mode. He went back to his desk, singing his working song over and over and he built and repaired more weapons and armor. [colour=#ffd700]"Marukaite Chikyuu... Marukaite Chikyuu... Marukaite Chikyuu... Boku a Russia.." [/colour]The last song he heard, and the song he sung the most, mostly during work.

(Woot! Hetalia FTW!)

Free nodded as Big Mac told of Red Fox's plans to him. "So I do have a mole eh........... Brilliant." Free got up and started to pace around, trying to figure out who was the rat in his team. Whoever it was, he would make them pay. The stallion did not take kindly to traitors, especially ones who got other ponies killed. "So, when can we get going? I had plans to escape tomorrow, but I assume it now knows about them." He asked, thinking up different strategies and ways to work around Red Fox. "And what about you? Red Fox won't like being double-crossed, I can tell that much." Free asked, looking over at Big Mac with a look of concern. The stallion was risking a lot by helping him.

At that, Big Mac smiled slightly. "...the Red Fox will be preoccupied." That was all he would say on the subject, for he really had no further understanding of the current events. All he knew was that something big was going on...and that an escape from this prison would be the least of the Red Fox's concerns.

"You escape tonight." Getting up from the chair, he gave an apologetic look. "I'll...need to rough you a bit. You understand, yes?"

Free nodded his head. "Well then, I better go tell my troops that the plan is being moved forward to tonight. Sound good with you?" Free was starting to get that feeling of adrenaline starting to flow. "If we get going as soon as we can, we can surprise the guards. Where should I meet you?" The stallion asked, itching to get going.

Chronarch nodded at the masked pony. [colour=#40e0d0]"Understood, I'll see what I can dig up."[/colour]

His black and silver aura encased his horn and he was gone instantly. He reappeared within the archives databases at in the capitol city of Equinia. He slowly trotted up to one of the activated consoles in the large room. If he had been some sort of idiot, the device would have confused him to no end, but seeing as he's quite the opposite the one time The Red Fox explained how to operate a computer had been enough. He sifted through the files on the in the archives, using his clearance to gain access to the restricted data modules. Searching with keywords such as Special operations, yielded nothing and searching through the oldest records of every organization in Equestria was equally as fruitless.

Though not in vain. Several old fiscal reports didn't add up correctly, money was moving where it shouldn't be, and every lead ended with corrupted data cores. [colour=#40e0d0]"Is there really nothing in the archive about these ponies."[/colour] His eyes widened as a critical fact crossed his mind. The archives automatically fix registries, and purge corrupted files every thirty minutes to help keep the system running in top condition, and if their were data entries and corrupted files in there they had become that way within the last half hour.[colour=#40e0d0] "I wonder..."[/colour] He mused as he activated his scrying spell again.

Chronarch watched as time play out in rewind in front of him. This time he didn't need to search for the details, he saw exactly what happened. A mare slinked into the database and did something to the information. [colour=#40e0d0]"Argh!"[/colour] He roared as he cut the vision. His horn glowed black and silver as he added space in the middle of the console, splitting it perfectly in half. [colour=#40e0d0]"NO NO NO!"[/colour] He yelled as he stomped his hooves against the floor.

Two guards rushed into the room to investigate the ruckus.[colour=#40e0d0] "Archmage Chronarch...hmm...can we b-be of assistance?"[/colour]

He snapped his gaze at them and stared with eyes of pure rage.[colour=#40e0d0] "BEGONE FROM MY SIGHTS YOU INCOMPETENT DIRT RUTTERS, LEST YOU CARE TO BE AGED INTO DUST!"[/colour] The two guards shuttered and looked at each other, both too paralyzed to make a move.

[colour=#40e0d0]"I think I'll just go finish my b-book."[/colour] said the guard on the left.

[colour=#40e0d0]"M-me t-too."[/colour] claimed the guard on the right.

The archmage stood there and stared at the door of the archive. Wait...book! He facehoofed once he remembered that old Equestria made it a habit to keep hard copies of documents in a physical library. Sadly that had been locked away by the Red Fox. Normally he'd never go against Red Fox's orders, but this group had just proven how dangerous they really are. So just this once, he would disobey. With his destination in mind he blinked away.

He reappeared in a large library filled to the brimm with dusty tomes that hadn't been cracked open in at least five years. He sighed to himself. [colour=#40e0d0]"This is going to take awhile."[/colour] He called his magic to him stopped time, this way he could search the old archives thoroughly and be on time for to meet The Red Fox in the Citadel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chronarch appeared in front of the Red Fox at the precise moment when they were suppose to meet. He held at his side a portfolio of all he had collected during his search. Closing his eyes and hanging his head low he levitated the folder over to the Red Fox.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Forgive me Red Fox, I have disobeyed your orders and trespassed into the Old Archives, I will accept whatever punishment you deem necessary for this transgression; however, do know that I did not make the decision lightly. I scryed and learned that one of that groups agents managed to enter the archives and purge any relevant data about them from history. What you have in that folder is all of the information on them that remains."[/colour]