Revolution: A Hoof in the Dark (Open)

Valencetiger

Chrysalis lied. She was not going to search for what we know that is Nova. Her minions will take care of that, since they are prepared for combat and of great use when it comes to finding out stuff.

Instead she was more focused on finding Cadence, the one royal alicorn that did not die yet and thus could be playing a keyrole in making the RLF stronger, by her skills and the moral she would give to her troops. The balance of power was one of the most important things for Chrysalis. Only with all factions equally strong they can fight and eradicate big parts of each other, leaving room for her to conquer whole Equestria with her changeling army.

[colour=#009966]"Lypris, go and take our magic using squad - you need to find the raiding faction. I will be acting on my own, it's the safest way."[/colour]

In the coming day Chrysalis traveled to Canterlot, asking to speak their leader or at least someone in high position for a proposition she had to make. She would offer getting Cadence out of her hiding. The deep connection between her and Cadence was leading her somewhat close to her, even though not exactly enough to locate her. But this could easily be done with some changing. In truth though, the changeling queen had far different plans, but needed the GEF to trust her for two simple reasons.

On her way to the castle she came across some guards in the city. "Miss C-chrysalis, you cannot walk around like that", they said carefully, definetely in fear of her, "you are scaring the population." In fact she was walking around with pride and as the queen she is. [colour=#009966]"Would you rather be a squirming mess on the ground"[/colour], she said, closing up to the guards, her body far taller - her horn glowing. [colour=#009966]"I guessed so."[/colour] She kept on walking, leaving behind intimidated citizens.

The Red Fox sat in its silver-gilded chair in silence, its red-tinted violet glare piercing the Archmage. So...its theory was correct. They did exist. This couldn't get any worse...the Red Fox had many things to do these evening, and had so little time. With the cleansing of the Loyalist scum and the arrival of its chosen Chancellors...so much to do. Looking away from Chronarch, it lifted the files and looked inside them. Without a doubt, this is what it was looking for. Closing the folder, the Red Fox looked back at the Archmage with a sinister glare.

[colour=#ff0000]"...we will discuss your punishment later, Chronarch. As of now, you are to remain by my side until the Chancellors leave...and you will explain to them the information you have discovered. However, your punishment will not be as severe as it normally would be. Tell me, what do you think of the Spell-Oath I plan on proposing this evening...? An excellent way to keep our soldiers in check...and prevent spies, yes?" [/colour]The Red Fox had been preparing the powerful spell for three years...and it would finally be put into action. It was an Oath that every GEF member will be forced to make, one that will bind them to the Red Fox's will and prevent any chance of betrayal. It mattered not what its subordinates thought of the spell...but it was interested to see what its Chancellors would think of it.

Dopple walked around aimlessly he did not like that his queen was without guard sure she was powerful and could easily take care of herself. Although, ever since the wedding which was a life time ago he did not like the fact that his queen could be in danger. He needed to know what was happening in Canterlot he could barely trust his own kind let alone the GEF.

"Lypis to me!" He called out for her. Being a special breed of Changeling made her a high rank, but that was not bigger that Dopple-Gangers ruthlessness. He didn't serve in the army long before Chrysalis noticed his cruelty. His loyalty, and cunning led to his promotion to Commander. He enjoyed his position it allowed him to do anything he wanted. If he wanted to kill a pony he could. It of course would lead to some scolding from his queen but nothing major. Chrysalis was the only being in Equestria he could truly trust. To her he was only expendable and easy to replace but Dopple knew that.

"Lypis report now!"

Free stood up and walked over to his cell 's bars. Now was the time. Word was that there was a meeting of the GEF officials tonight, and that would serve as a perfect shroud for him to make his escape. He had already packed his things, and was now waiting for the signal. A low, sharp whistle toned down the hallway. The doors were unlocked. Free casually opened his cell's doors and walked out, taking a quick look around. The nearest guard was smoking and reading something, so he didn't really notice the stallion walk out from his room. Free crouched and sneaked his way over towards the toilet, where his soldiers were waiting for him. He quickly donned a full prison officers uniform, while another stallion made himself look nearly exactly like Free. It was like looking into a mirror. "All set?" Free asked, recieving sharp salutes from all his soldiers. The plan was to fake a transfer of the fake Free, while the real him made a break for it. Free grinned as he stepped out of the toilet. The group made their way through most of the prison complex, barely receiving but a glance from anypony else. It was just a routine cell transfer, after all. As they reached the main gates, Free split off from the group. He flashed his fake I.D quickly, before the guards let him pass. He took a quick glance back at his soldiers, each of them in turn nodding and smiling at thair leader. They had given up a life outside for their cause. Free was determined to make it worth it. He passed a few corners, before stopping to get changed again. He donned a hooded robe, slipping his knife into a small pocket on the inside. "Now to find her........." The stallion said to himself, trying to remember the info he had gained recently on his new 'allies.' He growled in frustration as he thought of who he would have to meet in order to complete his mission though. Without another word, Free took off towards the meeting place the changeling and him had set.

[colour=#40e0d0]"I understand,"[/colour] Chronarch said. Right next to Red Fox during the meeting. He lifted his head and looked The Red Fox in the eyes before he answered its question.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Speaking freely, I'd have to say that it is quite possibly the most heinous thing I have ever allowed to grace my ears. I believe that a pony should serve by their own commitment and a pony's worth is measured in their loyalty to their cause. To take away the possibly of treachery in its entirety is to remove the criteria which define exemplary subjects. Of course things are not as they were during my time, and the methods of deception have moved from the realm of combat stratagem, to shadow pony operations and treachery. I agree with your spell oath, as it is a necessary evil at this time."[/colour] He knew his words likely fell on mostly deaf ears, but he had proven himself worthy of keeping around. The fact that The Red Fox even asked his opinion and pretended to care gave him a small sense of pride and accomplishment. Though the concept of the spell oath thread on a line which Chronarch rather not cross.

The Red Fox listened to Chronarch's words intently, its eyes narrowed in contemplation. When the Archmage finished, it nodded in silence, getting up from the chair and turning to the large window in the back of the room. The moon was approaching its zenith...and soon the Chancellors would arrive. Chronarch's words held a bit of undeniable truth...a pony was valued when their loyalty was freely given. Yes, the spell would be a necessary evil...but how else would the Red Fox keep order amongst the Federation? Ever since its transformation long ago, it had taken further steps to its primary goal...but perhaps this spell was the wrong way to go about it.

[colour=#ff0000]"...indeed. It is an evil that shouldn't be used. Perhaps I am being too hasty...I could always alter the spell. I may reconsider the need for an oath amongst the lower ranks of our order...but something must be done to make sure the command chain is free of traitors and defilers. Draxis has been very useful in clearing out several of the spies in the High Command...he might be able to give me some insight on the current situation. If you would be so kind, my dear Archmage...what would you suggest I do, instead of the Spell-Oath?" [/colour]The Red Fox often didn't ask the opinions of others...but it had come to value Chronarch's wisdom, which had only grown over the centuries. How long had it been that the Red Fox had revealed its face outside the bedroom with its mistress...? It couldn't remember, for the past five years had called for it. Maybe...just maybe...it would reveal itself tonight, to its trusted Chancellors. They would no doubt be shocked by the revelation...especially Rainbow Dash.

Dopple Ganger paced around the room tirelessly waiting for Lypis to arrive. She doesn't seem to realize what danger the queen can be. Some Changeling will feel his wrath for letting the queen go unguarded. If Lypis kept up her tardyness it would be her. Dopple could not wait any longer. He decided that he must take action. He will go to Canterlot himself to make sure the Queen was ok and had proper guard. He walked and began suiting up. The armor he had was simple and wouldn't do much against magic, but it symbolized much more. It distinguished him from the other changelings in the army. It showed his rank and who he was. He knew that he had a reputation amongst the other factions due to his ruthless tactics. With the armor on him he could easily be identified as more than just some Changeling. After he fitted the last piece of the armor he waited for Lypis to arrive so he could brief her on the situation.

The stallion tapped his hoof on his chin in contemplation.

[colour=#40e0d0]"There will always be recreants and emissaries at hoof, they are a double edged sword. Once they have done their damage, we regroup, rebuild, and reinforce. Once we know the weak links are we find them, then we remove them."[/colour] A sly grin formed on across his muzzle.[colour=#40e0d0] "Make sure high command believes without a doubt that you know everything that happens all the time, and I actually have a method in mind for that. We modify the Spell Oath into a form of time scrying spell. That way free will isn't affected and you can simply peer into every moment of the ponies life."[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]"The spell oath as it is would only instigate rebellion."[/colour] he said nodding his head.

Lypris rushed into the room, panting hurriedly as she dropped a map and unsteadily picked it up. [colour=#008000]"..s-s-sorry, Commander. I was caught up in preparations for the upcoming battle with the Federation...her Highness placed a lot of weight on my wings, I'm afraid. The Spell-Brigade is already on their way, enforcing our soldiers with magical wards and enchantments...so we won't have to worry about the enemy's own magicians." [/colour]Regaining her breath, she bowed to the changeling commander.

[colour=#008000]"...if I may be so bold, Sir...you look rather dashing in that armor. Quite the suit...perfect for tonight's struggle."[/colour]

The Red Fox nodded its agreement, backing away from the window, its eyes looking at the large door that served as the rooms only entrance and exit. It was carved from hard obsidian, and engraved with magical seals and built with bio-analysis locks. In this room, the Red Fox created its own reality...any creature who enters would be cast into a dream state at the Red Fox's will. The perfect prey... Thinking about this made it smile.

[colour=#ff0000]"...excellent idea, Chronarch. I may not punish you after all..." [/colour]Standing at the front of the iron table, it placed its red-garbed hoof on the table's surface, pressing down as a circle of seven rings opened up in front of the other seats. Once the Chancellors arrived, they would place their Bracelets inside and thus begin their gathering...it would be the first time, but the Red Fox had already briefed them on the procedure. [colour=#ff0000]"Once this gathering is over, I want you to work on the spell alterations immediately. Also...make sure that the spell remains subtle, so that those who swear will not know its full purpose."[/colour]

Snowthorn was waiting outside, looking at the watch on his left front hoof. Sparing a moment to look up, he regarded the Equestioner with a nod, then went back to looking at his watch...which turned out to actually be a radio communicator.

"...units in position...wait, I see the Commander...! They are just letting him and the others out! Hang on a second...something doesn't feel right here. Approaching with caution, will send further reports in a few moments, Captain Snowthorn, over."

[colour=#a9a9a9]"Very well, but play it safe...we don't need the GEF's attention like our brothers out in the other provinces. Maintain a wary distance...and find out why they let out the Commander. If he's turned traitor...shoot him, over."[/colour]

A few moments would pass before the radio would buzz again, revealing frantic voices on the other end.

"...Captain, the Commander apparently was let out by an ally on the inside of the prison. Strangely enough...it is the Guard Captain, Big Macintosh. Do you have any ideas as to why, sir? Over."

Snowthorn considered this news quietly, before responding in a dark tone.

[colour=#a9a9a9]"...something definitely isn't right. Get the Commander out of there, and make sure you aren't followed back to home base. Over."[/colour]

"Understood. Over and out."

Sighing, Snowthorn put his hoof down and sat on the bench, looking up at the sky with a pondering expression.[colour=#a9a9a9] "I assume you heard all of that, yes?"[/colour]

Draxis dropped down a few yards away from Draco, a wicked grin on his face. So...this was the prisoner he was looking for. However, something made him pause...the pony's wings were like a dragon's. That was...weird...could he be an escaped experiment? No...the Federation halted those experiments to preserve equine purity years ago. So why wasn't this one "exterminated" with the others...? He'd have to get to the bottom of this. His grin quickly turned into a frown, as he slowly and cautiously approached the pony-like creature.

[colour=#008080]"...come along, son. There is no use running...the more you run, the greater trouble you will be in. I understand that my compatriots are a bit...unfriendly...but if you hadn't run away, we could have worked this out. Now, though...you ran away from the Law, and I'll have to bring you in. Now...will you come quietly, or will I have to rip those wings off and drag you to the Station...?" [/colour]As if to prove his point, he pulled out a long, wicked blade in the scabbard on his flank. The metal was made of some dark iron, black as night and glowing with green markings.

Gladius came down the stairs moments later, wondering where the mare he had brought with him could be. Searching, he finally arrived in the kitchen...surprised to see the mare actually cooking something. Approaching from the side so as to not scare her, he cleared his throat audibly. [colour=#4b0082]"...Miss Fermata, I appreciate the help, but I insist that you allow me to cook up our meal. I brought you in, so I should be the one to feed you, yes? Otherwise, what kind of host would I be, letting my guest cook for me...?" [/colour]Offering a warm smile, he turned from her and began to look through his pantry, scanning through and making mental notes of what herbs and spices he would use.

[colour=#4b0082]"...on another note, I must ask. What brought you to Equinia, Miss Fermata? Surely it wasn't opportunity or a chance to join the Grand Equestrian Federation...so why else did you come here? Searching for relatives that you split up with during the war? If that's the case, I may be able to help...I get that sort of case a lot around these parts."[/colour]

Draco spun around like a top and started to back up. he gulped this guard looked ready to end him and if he did give up he would be ended.

[colour=#008000]"i did not hurt those guards....i don't know who did but.. i was not going to stay there to be shot by a sniper or stabbed by a over-zealous guard.."[/colour] he said quietly. still backing up trying not to do anything that would get him cut into pieces...

With a sigh, Draxis sheathed the blade and leaned against the alley's wall, fixing the strange pony with a look. This was not a situation he dealt with often...and thus had to treat it delicately. Shrugging, he tried to offer a friendly smile...tried, but probably failed. [colour=#008080]"...yes, I know that. The sniper was no doubt a member of the RLF...insidious monsters. The guards' injuries were not your fault, and I will gladly testify to that. Please, if you will just come with me, no harm will come to you, I give you my word as Guard Captain."[/colour]

When a changeling gave its word...it never backed out on that promise. Because changelings are notoriously tricky creatures, they almost never offered promises. But when they do, they abide to them with a zeal that few can match. The only changeling he had ever known who backed out on her word was Chrysalis...and that was obviously because she was a bucking queen.

draco looked the guard up and down he had no reason to trust this pony.. and what little he met he did not trust.. plus he did not believe the REF were bad... but he felt something.. a feeling of some sort that told him if he ran now he would die in a painful and excruciating way. he breathed in and breathed out in a way that made him calm himself.

[colour=#008000]"ok i will trust you.. for now .. but if i feel at any moment my life is in peril .. i will .. do something."[/colour] flounder about? run? fight? he did not know but he would do something. he stopped backing up and took his cloak off again to show he was not armed. [colour=#008000]"i'm coming now.."[/colour] he said as he walked slowly to him

Draxis nodded impatiently, stepping to the side as to make a berth between him and Draco. As soon as the pony was close, he pulled a pair of magical cuffs and offered an apologetic smile. [colour=#008080]"...you'll have to wear these. Standard procedure, I'm afraid...but once we arrive at the Station, I will be able to take them off. Understand?" [/colour]Without even waiting for the response, he approached and braced them around the pony's legs, as they began to glow and Draco was lifted off the ground, hanging him in the air like a pig on a spit.

[colour=#008080]"...it may be demeaning, but one can't be too careful, no?" [/colour]Turning his back on the bound pony, Draxis trotted down the alley and out into the street, the magically strung-up Draco floating behind him.

he was shocked in less than a second he had not only been cuffed he been hung upside down and now was being paraded around like a freak in a sideshow he felt stupid to trust this guard and once they were finished with him he was going to die. he fell silent unable to speak out of sadness and shame at his stupidity as pony's pointed at the dragon pony and spoke in hushed tones..

The Equestioner was not the one known for his mild manners. He was, in fact, known for his cool take on everything. But being denied his way to take out his semi-sadistic mentality, that made matters not good for anypony in the vicinity. He knew of this from past experience, where a few to several other stallions had been a little too close. So he did something good for everypony and left the vicinity. He wasn't tired, so he couldn't go back to bed. He decided a good walk was in order. Something to get rid of the energy he had saved up for the fight ahead. Grabbing a dagger for any unfortunate critter on his journey, he stormed out of where the cell was stationed.

Draxis fixed the ponies around him with a harsh glare, baring his teeth. [colour=#008080]"Well?! What are you all looking at?! Go back to your lives, before I decide to haul you all along with him." [/colour]That statement made the ponies around them leap into action, clearing the streets and entering their homes in fear. Putting on a smug expression, the changeling continued down the street, satisfied that it was now empty and clear. Oh, how he loved to scare these ridiculous ponies...it made every day worth its troubles. A shame, though, that he couldn't have them for meals...

[colour=#008080]"...just a little longer, prisoner. Believe me, if there was any other way to bring you in without looking like a suspect myself...I would. But for now, we'll have to do it this way." [/colour]In truth, he didn't care about the pony's feelings. All that mattered at the moment was getting the pony to the guard station, and discover what exactly it was. Curiosity was what fueled him at the moment...that and his promise. After all...what was knowledge without sacrifice (which, the sacrifice in this case would be time).

he nodded shamed still feeling embarrassed, ashamed, and sad and alone

[colour=#008000]"thanks for not beheading me instantly.. or anything.." [/colour]he said to the guard who he felt deserved a thank you for that small reward he closed his eyes as they entered the guard station greeted to a jeer or two from the occupants he sighed forlornly at this he was just glad they did not spit on him or demand his death yet.

Free moved through the streets quietly, making his way towards his second waypoint. As he reached it, he realised that he hadn't told his troops the arrangements that he had made with Freelancer and the changelings...... A lone guard came trotting through the deserted street. "Perfect." Free said under his breath, getting up and following the guard. Before the guard had time to react, or even noticed he was there, the stallion landed a swift blow to the back of the guards head, knocking him out. Free picked up the guards radio, and quickly changed it to his private frequency. "All units, this is Free Quickhoof. I have staged my coup, and are now on my way to a secondary objective. I have recently made arrangements that have lead to finding out that one of royal blood is still alive. I am at this moment moving in to find and extract the princess, with the help of........... a 'friend.' After I have completed my mission, all units move to congregate in the equinian highlands. We shall rendevouz there and regroup. Free over and out." Looking around, the stallion slipped the radio into his coat, before he set off again. Soon enough he arrived near to where he had been told the princess was being held. Now just to wait for Chrysalis.

Dopple facee still looked cold and stern but a small green tint flushed across it at Lypis compliment. "Yes..yes thank you. But thats not important!." He took the map from her hooves and gave it a read. "The Queen is in Canterlot without escort I need to be with her so I will make travel there. You are in command of the forces until one of us return. Coordinate the battle formations as followed. Your magic using Changelings will be in the first line of defense with a small divison of wariorss here." he pointed to a part of the map. "The well fed Changelings will be used as relief since they are in best shape.And also while we want to kill as many as we can we will need some prisoners for their love." as he finished his commands he loked up at her. "understand?"

The changeling ambassador, who just returned from a meeting with forces of the freelancers and RLF went over the Doppel. "I'm sorry commander. Strict order from Queen Chrysalis herself - do not try to assist her on her mission. It's a well thought through feint and any unwanted participants can blow it. It is planned so good, that noone knows what exactly she wants to do, not even me."

Chrysalis felt a bit ignored since she waited already an hour or so for the Red Fox or one of his GEF minions to show his face. Luckily while flying around and terrifying the population - a free changeling queen is quite a scary thing - she crashed into Rainbow Dash.

[colour=#009966]"Chancellor Rainbow Dash"[/colour], she said proudly and somewhat self-conscious, being taller and stronger than the mare,[colour=#009966] "what a beautiful view on this day. Let me waste no more time. I have a proposition to make. You are searching for a certain royal who is leftover from the revolution. I know where she is hiding, but it will be hard to get her out of there and capture her - remember, she can fly. So hear my plan." [/colour]Chrysalis circled around the colorful pony with an evil smile over her face. [colour=#009966]"I will shift into the appearance of Shining Armor and when she comes out to hug me or whatever you ponies do - you have her."[/colour]

Noticing that she needs to demand something in return to not sound suspicious she thought about what would be helpful.[colour=#009966] "In return I want to know about any projects you have regarding the changelings - and believe me, I know you have some."[/colour]