Nocturna Nightshade

Scythe

So, since my last app got rejected in favour of someone else I have to make an OC. But before I'm going to post her in the App section I want to try around with her first, since as an OC noone can take her away from me and I got plenty of time.

JZbNS.png0GXyY.png

Nocturna Nightshade

Nickname: Nox

Race: Pegasus

Sex: Mare

Colors: Royal blue mane and tail - Light sky blue coat - Red eye colour (WIP)

Cutie Mark: (She has one of course, but couldn't think of it yet.)

Important information:

She has learned about the Shadowbolts who were actually Nightmare Moon from stories that were told to her. It gave her the idea to found a similar group. (Note, this is only for FFA, has nothing to do with the App I will make at some point)

Ever since she was only focused on what makes herself happy - that it often involves the well-being and satisfaction of those around her is merely a lucky coincidence.

Now this is my OC. I left out 95% of the history/blah since you don't want to read it and it is not important for the RP.

The RP itself can be about whatever you want! Adventure, Romance, Competition, Action, etc. just name anything and I'm in.

Just a few rules/hints:

- The OC is WIP so it could happen that I change very important details during the RP - don't get confused (I want to point out eye colour at this point, it's most likely to change)

- If you want a romance that isn't based on a lie, make sure you are playing a mare, Nocturna is a filly fooler. I don't mind if you want to "change" her though, but I promise you - due to her character - you won't succeed.

- I don't care wether you are a pegasus, unicorn or earth pony. I suggest - if you want a Daring Do like adventure - that you aren't a pegasus.

- Apropos... jumping right into the interesting part of the plot is also suggested... this will be a oneshot and quite short (15-30 pages max + maybe 3-5 pages PMs depending on romance and your preferences)

- Should be in 18+ area by the way

Yeah, so just go ahead, I seem picky but I am not - not for testing my OC. Just note that I would like a new face for once, so Nova, Doppel and Red I'm sorry for you *g*.

I was just about to write messages to... striker (the only one I could do in this time >_<) and then... well the next person would have been you. *magically restores your ego*

I don't care if you want a CC or an OC - you should feel comfortable with the pairing and the role and it should be someone who is somewhat attractive - I mean, you will be dissappointed otherwise. (I'm thinking about Derpy here... she is funny but not really attractive *g*)

And you need to think of an plot =P because I am out of ideas. My only idea is a jungle/desert/mountain location and a Daring Do like adventure and then I have zero ideas how it would look like xD

Example for the attractive thing: My RP with Doppel. A changeling is not that attractive, thus it had to end in tears and sorrow - I could of played it nicer but thats not my style.

That is not really a coincidence =P I obviously took the colour scheme from the shadow bolts since I really like it. Nevertheless I made the effort to create her in the pony creator and edit her mane with photoshop and a grain filter.

Another note: I wouldn't mind if there are more people in this RP than just me and Fermata - it opens up a lot of new plots. Only if anyone is fine with that though.

And another Edit: Its 3am here and I need to get up in 4 hours, so I am gone! I will be back in 4 hours though, since I check my messages/threads every morning.

Heeeeey.... Fine, I'm not a legit girl. Man, don't remind me.

Anyways, my idea was using an idea I have for an OC still going through apps, Swan Dive. She runs a well read publication, so she'd try to get an interview of Nocturna and her Shadowbolts... and that's about it. It could be integrated into another idea?

Sounds good, I just don't know for sure how I get you both under one roof now =P I have to think of something, but since I need to go by train to college I will have plenty of time to think. I wouldn't mind ideas from you either.

Do you want to compete for my love? Or rather have one of you for the ship and the other more of a sidecharacter? I really have no idea =P

Oh and any idea what happens besides the relationship? Its rather important to test my OC that there is more than just a romance, since I believe I already know how she is reacting when it comes to romance. ^^

I want to change something with her hair, I'm just not sure what... I tried making the tips black with photoshop but wasn't happy with the result.

Uh, people seem really interested in this, there is a chance I make two different RPs, one with 3 ponies and one with 2. If so I will tell you about it and whoever applies first for the RP of their choice gets it.

There is always the possibility of splitting the RP if we find it to troublesome. Also I believe Striker wants in as well - with four people we can be something like an expedition to a pyramid (thats what came to my mind in the train). It would most likely end with one of you picking him over me and one being with me - but I don't care how it turns out at the end since I want to test the OC and not necessarily have a flawless romance.

Now however its gonna be, we still need a story. The romance thing should be something that happens next to it, so its more fun. Like I said above I thought about an expedition in the desert, trying to find a lost grave. We should have different motives - one wanting the adventure, one the treasures, one the history .... and so on.

If you have any better or more interesting (or more original) ideas, let me know.

In my plot I would probably be either interested in the treasure or the adventure - or both. Nox isn't a history geek at all, so that wouldn't work. It's all about the quote - she only does what is fun for her and if thats finding that treasure and getting rich by it she will try reaching it at any cost. But she isn't dumb. If she sacrifices one of you for it she would have a horrible remorse and this would definetely not make her happy - so she isn't that cruel, just a bit... hard to deal with sometimes.

After ages of editing with Photoshop (what an evil program!) I finally did a Shadowbolt version of Nox.

Yes good idea!

I want you to be comfortable with your character though, so think twice if you want to play Soul and if you could imagine her in the RP and feel good with it - and also that was just my random plot idea, still everything open.

Just so you know... I'm always editing and updating the first post.

Yes good idea!

I want you to be comfortable with your character though, so think twice if you want to play Soul and if you could imagine her in the RP and feel good with it - and also that was just my random plot idea, still everything open.

Just so you know... I'm always editing and updating the first post.

-gives Fluttershy yay- Yay... ^^

I'm looking forward to this, I am just not entirely sure if Striker is in now or not - I send him a PM and once he answers it or here we will see. I think four people is also a good number, so I will close this once he applies.

The Legend of Nocturna: The King of the Grave.

An all new adventure, filled with magic...suspense...horror...drama...and action! Watch as Nocturna and three other ponies band together to defeat the evil alicorn, Necrosis! (Who they unwittingly freed from its tomb.)

((P.S. This is just a suggestion :P thought it would be an interesting setup.))

It probably is less filled with horror and drama and way more with partially very annoying love scenes and flirting. However, what we find in the pyramid... I can't tell yet, I did not even think about it. And right now I feel like my head will just drop of my shoulders because I'm so tired - dang, college is hard.

Okay, I think its time you guys make some Apps. I will also do one and well, I give an example first:

Name: Your Name

Race: Unicorn, Pegasus, Earth

Sex: Mare, Stallion (you all should be adults)

Looks: Please make a picture with the pony creator, its so much easier than a description... just write what you cannot make.

Cutiemark: Should be related to the expedition in some way...

Skills: Why did Nocturna pick you for the Expedition? What makes you so special and maybe even mandatory?

Motivation: What do you want from the grave? Aviable are: Spells, History, Adventure and Money - one for each of us.

I need to think of an cutie mark for Nightshade still but then I will post my app here too - Motivation will be adventure.

Background Story of the RP: Nox searched for people for the expedition on her university, wether you came across the board randomly or because you are also studying there you wrote her a letter and she picked you for your skills.

We will already be in front of the grave at the start of the roleplay.

Name: Spirit Eternal

Race: Unicorn (Obviously)

Sex: Young Mare

Looks: post-4640-0-66530000-1350093761_thumb.pn

Cutie Mark: A soul's face.

Skills: Exceptionally talented at magic (just a little below Twilight, though not the same), and the ability to see the spirits of the dead. Can rarely tell somepony their fate by gazing into their soul...but almost never happens. Also an expert on places of historical significance and mythological lore.

Motivation: Spirit is searching for a special spell-book rumored to be hidden away within the grave that Nocturna is looking for.

Background: Originally born to a family of court magicians and spell-knights under the service of Princess Celestia, Spirit was always considered the black sheep of the family...due to her uncanny ability to see and speak with the dead. At first thought of as a curse, she did everything she could to conceal it. However, upon the return of Princess Luna, the Alicorn had heard about her mystical talents and brought her in, revealing her spiritual capabilities to the Princess, who she expected to frighten. The exact opposite happened...and instead of being thrown out of the castle, she was hired to help put restless spirits in their places and to help keep peace in the nighttime. A couple weeks ago, she had come across a tome that spoke of an ancient and powerful spell-book lying in a mysterious grave...one that dabbled in necromantic magics. In order to keep this book out of evil's hooves, she searched for whoever was willing to look for the grave, and came upon Nocturna. Stricken by the mare at first sight, she willingly agreed to lend her magical aid to the party...intent to please Nocturna and to retrieve the spell-book. With her discovery, she received Princess Luna's permission to go on her quest, and followed Nocturna to the grave...where they now waited for whatever lies inside.

I decided that Swan Dive wasn't appropriate for this RP, so here's a different one...

Name: Cherry Jubilee

Race: Earth Pony

Looks: cherry_jubilee_aka_my_first_vector_by_elfboyslim-d4rw26o.png

Cutie Mark: Cherry mark, which beyond representing her crop of choice to grow, also represents her lucky tendencies.

Skills: Cherry Jubilee is quite wealthy, and is the probably patron of the expedition. In addition, she is an earth pony and lives out on the frontier where she is used to outlaws and bandits are commonplace. She has proven to Nox that she is more than capable of defending herself, sporting a buck kick so fast she has been nicknamed by those that know her as 'Quickdraw'. Finally, she is a charismatic mare, which may prove useful both within the group and in instances of diplomacy.

Motivation: (Money). Cherry has invested much of her own money into the success of this expedition, and she is going along to ensure that her investment pays off.

Flaws: Cherry has the Apple trademarked stubbornness in spades, and combined with the self-assuredness she gets from being smart, she can be very insufferable and difficult to dissuade when she has the wrong idea. She's also very confrontational, which can be a problem.

Background: Cherry was from birth considered an eccentric genius by the whole of the Apple family during their reunions. She had a way with words, and from a young age was able to get her way with other ponies. She was like all Apple ponies ambitious with regards to money and profits, and she had the family green touch as well. So she started a cherry farm in Ponyville... however, she found her life in Ponyville dull and monotonous. She was an adventurous mare, so she took out for the wild frontier and settled as the virtual matriarch of Dodge Junction. Her move was questioned by her family, but she proved to be highly successful.

Recently while on business in Canterlot, Cherry was alerted by some of her contacts of an intriguing offer... Nox's offer, which neither her business self nor daring self could refuse.

Name: Nocturna Nightshade

Race: Pegasus

Looks:

fEhiQ.png

Cutiemark: A crescent moon with a dark wing on it

Skills: She is the typical tough girl and also excells at quite a handful of martial arts, it's her hobby mostly and not her special talent and she wouldn't mind using her fighting skills in combat. Mostly she prefers fighting that involves her capabilites as pegasus to fly, since if its about her life, everything counts, but she would be able to fight with her wings tied as well.

Nox is leading the expedition, so she didn't find it, but create it.

Flaws: She has trouble not showing off. Her social skills are also not very good and she has certain problems with empathy. She is the typical hard shell soft core type.

Motivation: Adventure. Nocturna sees in life only one reason - to have fun. Her life as a student at college seems boring and since she has now some holidays she can finally do something more interesting. Her subject evolution with the focus on pegasi will most likely not be helpful in the expedition. Also she wants to use her martial arts and fighting skills for once.

There are a lot of cursed and unknown places in whole Equestria that many don't dare to explore. The desert and the old graves there are a particulary dangerous one but also a very rewarding. She is trying to find the danger, while she is looking for followers who are interested more in the reward, be it history, money or spells.

Others: She prefers to die on this expedition over living a boring life.

P.S.: It would be awesome if you would add some Flaws to your apps... just to make the RP more interesting. (Predetermined flaws always have a certain way of making stuff cooler)

Name: Sub-Zero

Race: Unicorn

Sex: Stallion

Looks: (Found this. Just imagine him with asian eyes and a horn. Tends to walk on his hind legs.)

sub_zero_pony_vector_by_kyute_kitsune-d4o495l.png

Cutiemark: A frozen ninja star.

Skills: Sub-Zero is a master assassin and cyromancer. Cryomancy is his kekkei-genkai or "a technique limited to inheritance by blood." He is also an expert martial artist. Nocturna hired Sub-Zero for security. His cryomancy abilities also have rather practical uses such as building bridges or defensive barriers. His most noted ability in cryomancy is being able to forge a sword of ice out of the water vapor in the air, a rare skill even amung his bloodline.

Motivation: Sub-Zero's motivation was always the advancement of his clan of cryomancers, the Kōri no Yūrei aka the "Ice Ghosts." They reside in the far frozen north. He collects and hoards any and all powerful magical artifacts so that he can make his clan stronger inorder to prevent their near anihilation from happening again like in the past by rival clans.

Flaws: Sub-Zero is very anti social to those outside his clan. He sees them simply as a means to an end. Also he is very blunt and to the point and gets annoyed by incompetence easily. He also has rather high opinion of himself.

Background: Sub-Zero is a unicorn of the cryomancer clan, Kori no Yurei. His bloodline is that of nobility in his clan and thus he is very well respected and highly regarded. He is the current leader of the clan but the clan has fallen on hard times due to raids from clans who have united against him. He seeks to be a force to reckon with.

His childhood was formal and tough. Endless amounts of training make him as strong and as cold as arctic ice. He never knew what love was. The closest thing was his mother's affection which for some reason she would only show in private. Perhaps she wished to keep it secret so that Sub-Zero's father wouldn't think that she is weakening him. The only emotion he has ever shown was anger otherwise he was and is very lacking in emotional expression and ties. His parents are dead and he has no siblings, only a few cousins. He vowed to his father at a young age to be the strongest warrior ever.