RP starting trouble!

WhiteSlash

Having recently had Pale Ale, my brewery owning OC, approved and ready to be played I find myself at a loss. First off I'm not sure what the rules are for where I would like my thread to take place. Both on the site and the map. I'd like to think I could set up a bar/hub for Pale Ale in or near Ponyville but admittedly the idea sounds rather farfetched. Opinions?

Also I understand the ideals behind the Mane RP so I'm also wondering whether or not the thread is allowed? I mean I've been told alcohol is canon for this RP but I'd still like some reassurance as to what I'm capable off with this plan.

Anypony care to help? :)

Is the point of the thread you want to do drinking copiously and getting totally drunk (basically like this thread)? If so, you're probably best off in the 18+ Free For All section. However if you just want a social thread with a a bar setting and all that entails, that should be fine for Mane RP; in fact, I've seen it a number of times now (an example).

I don't see why a bar can't be in Ponyville as much as it could be in any other location either. As far as I'm aware you're perfectly fine there. :)

If only I knew how XD And ah I see. Well that makes a lot of sense actually. I've seen both of those threads before and I think I understand how to handle this. Thanks for the help!

Sure, the slice of life bar setting is safe, but is it interesting enough to attract other characters? Perhaps Pale might jump into another thread and hawk his fizzy wares? He's a character that likes to brew stuff, but that shouldn't define all he is. Try jumping into a few other threads, and perhaps you'll get some ideas on how best to enjoy your new character. You're welcome to join my fortune-telling thread (Visions) with Pinkie Pie -- check my log!

Also, the 18+ drinking thread is quite a lot of fun, feel free to jump in there, too! Maybe Pale has some new and highly potent drinks to show off?

• 1 month later...