Establishing a 'Magical Guild' in Canterlot!

PIJIN

Well as far as I can tell, it depends ob what alchemy your talking about. If youre talking FMA alchemy, that **** is magic, bunk what they say on the show and manga. But real life alchemy is just what it was called before we started calling it chemistry.

Oh and the two alchemy meaning are something about the space between the terrestrial and the heavens and in medical alchemy I believe its aether is a type of anesthetic.

Do I see correctly? It'll be an organization with sub-guilds specialized in concrete types of magic with typical hierarchy and governing ladder?

>.> I wouldn't want to shout that before I went into battle...

>.> I wouldn't want to shout that before I went into battle...

Well, ponies aren't supposed to go into battle unless they're royal guards, and even the royal guards see little action as it is (if any). :lol:

Eeeyup, I just went there.

About how I envision Ingrid Marie's specific role in the Guild....... I see here mainly sticking around Canterlot as a magic instructor (after school hours, obviously) for the jouneyponies who'll make up most of the Guild's membership. Since she's the school counselor for Princess Celestia's School, she can also specialize in recruiting current (if old-enough) and former students into the Guild (not to mention making special arrangements with students so they can take on Guild jobs without neglecting their studies).

As for alchemy: I think generalized potion-brewing is a very good fit for the Guild, plus it allows pegasi and earth ponies to contribute significantly in their own right. We see Zecora brew stuff all the time, as it is.

In a very complicated sense...yes! More or less.

*Is in dire need of magic OC* I thought it'll be casual, not a complete storyline organization. Great, just, when I'll write this stuff?...

*Is in dire need of magic OC* I thought it'll be casual, not a complete storyline organization. Great, just, when I'll write this stuff?...

Confused now, so I'll restate what I said in OP...for my own sake.

It's basically a group of ponies getting together to start a magical guild. In said guild, members do jobs for money, form teams to complete more difficult jobs, and have a jolly good time with guild members.

That's it in the most simplest of words.

Confused now, so I'll restate what I said in OP...for my own sake.

It's basically a group of ponies getting together to start a magical guild. In said guild, members do jobs for money, form teams to complete more difficult jobs, and have a jolly good time with guild members.

That's it in the most simplest of words.

Did I mention I hate tapatalk because it double posts me on ocassions...no? Well I'm telling you now... -______-

BTW: if you just want a simple guild name, I think "The Conjurer's Guild" will do nicely.

I'd rather not have guild in the name for the guild.

I know I sounds picky >.> Sorry.

How about something that one or two words long and is rather catchy that pony's will remember.

Well, ponies aren't supposed to go into battle unless they're royal guards, and even the royal guards see little action as it is (if any). :lol:

Eeeyup, I just went there.

About how I envision Ingrid Marie's specific role in the Guild....... I see here mainly sticking around Canterlot as a magic instructor (after school hours, obviously) for the jouneyponies who'll make up most of the Guild's membership. Since she's the school counselor for Princess Celestia's School, she can also specialize in recruiting current (if old-enough) and former students into the Guild (not to mention making special arrangements with students so they can take on Guild jobs without neglecting their studies).

As for alchemy: I think generalized potion-brewing is a very good fit for the Guild, plus it allows pegasi and earth ponies to contribute significantly in their own right. We see Zecora brew stuff all the time, as it is.

Ingrid could also be some sort of information pony as well. As a school teacher of magic. I'm sure she has great knowledge of various types of magic and the mystical world of Equestria as a whole. Her knowledge would be greatly needed, as with other teachers. Thats also the only way I'd see alchemy as a way into Mane RP. Again, I'm unaware of what's accepted in terms of alchemy so i'll have to ask.

Well as far as I can tell, it depends on what alchemy you're talking about. If you're talking FMA alchemy, that stuff is magic, forget what they say on the show and manga. But real life alchemy is just what it was called before we started calling it chemistry.

Oh and the two alchemy meaning are something about the space between the terrestrial and the heavens and in medical alchemy I believe its aether is a type of anesthetic.

Lolololol, there's no way I'm touching FMA alchemy thats a whole 'nother can o' gummy worms. (Random tangent, everyone has there own style of what alchemy is, thats just theirs :smug: )

Because I like to be technical, I prefer to use the term "alchemy" only for pursuits with the objective of creating gold/life elixirs/pancreas through transmutation. I'd never classify ordinary potion-brewing (or as I like to call it, chemistry) as alchemy.

Because I like to be technical, I prefer to use the term "alchemy" only for pursuits with the objective of creating gold/life elixirs/pancreas through transmutation. I'd never classify ordinary potion-brewing (or as I like to call it, chemistry) as alchemy.

Well "alchemy" was a protoscience, and through their ridiculous claims of transmuting base metals and creating immortality elixirs, they in fact DID pretty much create the basic ground work and technique for modern chemistry in their endeavor to become a legitimate science (which is called chemistry). There is no way around it. even though you just said what you believe makes alchemy, alchemy, you just described chemistry.

But its really unimportant, to each his own.

I could see my unicorn 'Pocket Change' joining for the sake of the guild meetings (especially the Meet & Eat & Greet ones), being able to talk with ponies who are into magic (Most of his friends are not spell-casters, and those who can do magic usually prefer to use it for practical reasons) and there's always a chance he could learn a bit from more advanced mages than he. And I'm sure everypony involved would get a cool blazer badge, discount ID card and robe (It's not a dress!) to go along with the membership.

I could see my unicorn 'Pocket Change' joining for the sake of the guild meetings (especially the Meet & Eat & Greet ones), being able to talk with ponies who are into magic (Most of his friends are not spell-casters, and those who can do magic usually prefer to use it for practical reasons) and there's always a chance he could learn a bit from more advanced mages than he. And I'm sure everypony involved would get a cool blazer badge, discount ID card and robe (It's not a dress!) to go along with the membership.

Oh yes, there will be perks. Especially if we have the funding of Upper Crust. Free coffee all around! Discount card's to Donut Joe's! Free Sandwich Tuesdays!

And the guild could have connections with the magic-school/university...Some members could volunteer to help tutor students who need extra help...Could also see the teachers themselves being guild members as well.

Is this something that's always been around Canterlot? If not, it could be something that used to exist, but is now being brought back....

And the guild could have connections with the magic-school/university...Some members could volunteer to help tutor students who need extra help...Could also see the teachers themselves being guild members as well.

Is this something that's always been around Canterlot? If not, it could be something that used to exist, but is now being brought back....

Thats actually a pretty cool idea, some of the teachers being part of the guild. Like Bellosh's Ingrid Marie.

No, I would like it to be something that has always existed so that I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of RPing the creation of the guild, but the process for creating new lore in Mane RP has stopped so I have to do it this way, from the ground up.

This is an entirely new thing which has ever existed before so.

Thats actually a pretty cool idea, some of the teachers being part of the guild. Like Bellosh's Ingrid Marie.

No, I would like it to be something that has always existed so that I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of RPing the creation of the guild, but the process for creating new lore in Mane RP has stopped so I have to do it this way, from the ground up.

This is an entirely new thing which has ever existed before so.

It could easily be a revival, with principle members being descendants of members past. Like the person don't the reviving found the robes and records of their great grandfather and sought to revive it because it stood for something great for ponies, and unicorns especially. If you go that way you could make it that it was originally unicorns only, a remnant of the separation of the tribes, and the new founding pony decided, in the spirit of unity to open to all who wish to engage in activities for magical arts.

• Like 1

and SpellBound. (Began to go on a random tangent about minecraft after that)

Lies & Slander! :scream:

Anyway, I like SpellBound the best out of the names we came up with, being quite short and simple.

Concerning Celestia's School (my school counselor character Ingrid Marie is one of the senior faculty there), the School will not keep formal ties with this "guild" as it is not an actual trade association (ie. a realistic guild). However, Counselor Marie can recommend that students join the guild as an experience-building extracurricular activity, and she can in fact volunteer her services as a tutor when she has time. She won't be taking any jobs, but she will stick up for the group in high places.

It could easily be a revival, with principle members being descendants of members past. Like the person don't the reviving found the robes and records of their great grandfather and sought to revive it because it stood for something great for ponies, and unicorns especially. If you go that way you could make it that it was originally unicorns only, a remnant of the separation of the tribes, and the new founding pony decided, in the spirit of unity to open to all who wish to engage in activities for magical arts.

In times like this, I go to the knowledge of an RP Helper. I'm just going off of what Phil was initially told me. You cannot establish it through lore as an organization that already exists. Technically, going with the revival route, it would still be considered already an already established organization/guild/lore/whatever.

Edit: Forgive me :( I is RP noob...

Edited by LovinMoonlight

From how you described how the "guild" operates LM, I don't really think it needs to be a revival of a previous organization anyway. :)

I only suggested that because it might have been a possible loophole to get around the lack of new lore thing. Which he wanted to do.

Though quite frankly, since star swirl has been compared to Merlin by the creators, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some magical organization celebrating him. Like "the order of star swirl" or something.