Nivial [READY]

PIJIN

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Nivial (It means to 'grow among snow'; pronounced as Niveel; for short: Nivi)

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: [colour=#000000]Lavender[/colour]

Coat: An off white, almost grey colour.

Mane/Tail: Nivial's mane and tail are periwinkle blue. They are both medium in length with rounded tips. She'll sometimes where a variety of bows in her mane. She also has various swirl patterns in her mane and tail, although they aren't curled.

Physique: She is a lean, average sized mare. Not a lot of physical strength, but strong in magical power.

Residence: Canterlot

Occupation: Using her ice magic, Nivial takes on various odd jobs such as ice sculptures in return for bits. Sometimes, at high-scale social events for the Canterlot elite, she'll be paid to make ice to cool their drinks and sometimes entertain them (Something she isn't necessarily proud of, but whatever it takes to make ends meet.)

Cutie Mark:

BlueWisp.png?t=1351433614

Nivial's cutie mark is a blue wisp flame kept inside a cage/lantern type design. The blue colour of the flame represents her specialty of magic, ice magic. While the flame itself represents the very strength and energy she puts into everything he does. The power of intent, cause, direction, and unity among friends, which she treasures dearly. The cage represents how possessive she is of her friends. She only has a few, and will do anything to keep them happy and with her.

Nivial was the pessimistic sort as a little one, she never thought that she would find her place in the world. She was only good at studying, and although she could see how to perform the spells right in front of her they were just so difficult to put into practice. Even simple levitation was difficult for her. One day, she sat beside a small lily pad laden lake, sifting through the pages of her text book trying to perform various low level spells from telekinesis to object manipulation.

One by one, the spells failed. Her horn would glow and spark, only to suddenly putter out. It infuriated her that she couldn't perform even the simplest of spells, realizing that there was a possibility her classmates were right, that she just wasn't able to perform magic. She gave a sigh, and turned to one of the most difficult spells in the book, a spell that could freeze water into ice and allow you to manipulate it into a figure. Figuring it was worth a shot, Nivial concentrated on the spell.

Without even realizing it, she had frozen the water near the pond and carved out a beautiful ice sculpture of her parents standing side by side, her cutie mark instantly appearing. She was shocked! That she could o such and advanced spell, must mean she could do the basics as well. Quickly flipping back to the levitation spell, she tried again with a confident smile on her face, yet it was quickly lost as her magic puttered out once more.

She gave a chuckle, how strange that even after attempting and succeeding in doing a difficult spell, she still couldn't come close to levitating. She learned as she grew older, that she wasn't incapable of learning basic spells, but they're simply more difficult for her to attempt than harder spells. He adeptness is learning harder spells only goes for ice based magic, however. Even now, she can only levitate an object for a few seconds before her magic putters out.

History:

Nivial was born in the capital of magic in Equestria, Canterlot. Even as a foal and into her older years, she wasn't much of a conversationalist and found it hard to make friends, yet when she did, she was very possessive of them and would go through thick and thin for them. This made life for her very difficult as she felt the need to be around close friends all the time. She was very studious and smart, however, and learned ways to counter this need.

While in school, Nivial's magical abilities weren't always the best, she strained herself to attempt even the basic of spells. Due to not having this natural talent with magic like most of her magic kindergarten classmates, she always felt as if she was getting left behind. At this time in her life, is where her stubborn nature began to kick in. She was never one to quit and would would practice her spells whenever and wherever she got the chance. She came upon her talent for ice based spells while reading through the more advanced sections of her textbook to see if there was any explanation as to why she couldn't perform spells as easily as her classmates.

Character Summary:

Nivial was born and raised in Canterlot. She led a rather normal young life as with most young girls do, attending school and playing with friends. Nothing really to report here about her here; she was an average pony and still is might I add. She had always had the thought that because she didn't stand out she wouldn't be able to make friends or be very successful in life. Nivial can be rather stubborn as he hardly ever admits her defeats and when she's clearly wrong. She is very soft spoken, and scared of most things, yet will brave them to overcome her fears. She tends to become rather possessive of her friends, thinking that they may leave her for other friends who are more fun to be around than her. Nivial is genuinely a clever, kind, and caring mare.

She is passionate for literature and is in the process of writing her own novel, yet the details are rather sketchy, since she's never let anypony see it. Though Nivial is, in most cases, cowardly, she has no problem standing up to any problem, and run straight into it head on for the sake of her friends, family, and anypony in need. While her magic isn't overwhelmingly ext, often using her cleverness to her advantage, and thinking outside the box.She's a rather simple mare, still living with her parents and making money from various odd jobs around Canterlot that she can do with the help of her type of magic.

Besides ice magic, Nivial shows great talent in playing various instruments and singing. She likes cooking and has since her younger years. She certainly does take on quite a bit of extracurricular activities, but this is due to the lessons she was taught by her parents as a filly. Nivial was taught that a well-rounded pony and one of good virtues will always come out on top. She has lived by those words ever since and is constantly in search of ways to better her self in every way. She has a fear of social interaction and would rather get to know the friends she already has even more instead of making more. She finding it hard to start up a conversation with other ponies, but does try hard to overcome her timidity, which is just one more way she pushes herself to be better.

th_NivialPose_zps3a0892c8.png?t=1353998866

• Like 1

How is progress coming along?

What is this "progress" you speak of, Rosewind?

On a serious note...Well, I'd really like anypony's criticism on this...so I suppose I will tag it as [ready] and see what happens. (Which is why it may seem to be lacking) Just to state, I'd like to have this character be a lot more open so that I can role play a lot about her. But if there's anything that is of vital importance for me to add, please let me know.

What is this "progress" you speak of, Rosewind?

On a serious note...Well, I'd really like anypony's criticism on this...so I suppose I will tag it as [ready] and see what happens. (Which is why it may seem to be lacking) Just to state, I'd like to have this character be a lot more open so that I can role play a lot about her. But if there's anything that is of vital importance for me to add, please let me know.

Ack! I should have saved the discussion we were having in CanterChat about Nivial. Sorry LM! Icey and I were discussing youy OC and how she compared to Icey's. At the end though, we both did like her though!

(though it looks like formatting got messed up with your last edit)

Best of luck!

Ack! I should have saved the discussion we were having in CanterChat about Nivial. Sorry LM! Icey and I were discussing youy OC and how she compared to Icey's. At the end though, we both did like her though!

(though it looks like formatting got messed up with your last edit)

Best of luck!

Thanks for the heads up on that >.> I hadn't noticed the weird formatting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LovinMoonlight!

This is a strong app, all of the required fields are filled.

But there is one glaring omission here, the Cutie Mark Story.

The story of how a pony gets her cutie mark can tell volumns about her personality, so please expand upon that in his app, please.

Overall, this is a very well written app!

:D :D :D

Hi LovinMoonlight!

This is a strong app, all of the required fields are filled.

But there is one glaring omission here, the Cutie Mark Story.

The story of how a pony gets her cutie mark can tell volumns about her personality, so please expand upon that in his app, please.

Overall, this is a very well written app!

:D :D :D

Thanks! Sorry for the long intermission with this app, I've had a lot to do, but I'll finish it up post haste! :)

Hello Clair!

A few little things. Can you clarify this: [colour=#0000CD]The cage represents her possessive nature of her friends.[/colour][colour=#282828] You mean that she is very possessive of her friends and not that she feels caged by the possessive nature in which they treat her, right? I know it is clarified later in her history but you might want to reword that because upon first read it sets up a distinctly differnt impression :)[/colour]

[colour=#282828]You also might want to leave out the bits about physically fighting. While I am sure it'll happen here or there, I am not sure it should be something so important to her character that it needs to be mentioned in what is essentially her bio! Saying she can be very brave and heroic when her friends, family and those weaker than her, despite her regular timidity would tell us that .[/colour]

[colour=#282828]i feel like we have a strong grasp on her extra curricular activities, but not what she gets out of them. Can you expand a little on why she does take on so many hobbies, and what they mean to her a little bit ? [/colour]

[colour=#282828]I just feel that overall your cutie mark story is fantastic, and because it's there for comparison, the history and character summary just need a little more oomph. :D[/colour]

Okies, the "progress" I'm asking for is just to make sure this application is active, otherwise we file them away to keep the application subforum from getting cluttered.

Since it's been a while since this application has received any activity (since Scotch's request for clarification above this post), please reply soon or we'll need to remove this application. Thankies!

Okies, the "progress" I'm asking for is just to make sure this application is active, otherwise we file them away to keep the application subforum from getting cluttered.

Since it's been a while since this application has received any activity (since Scotch's request for clarification above this post), please reply soon or we'll need to remove this application. Thankies!

Alright, Sorry for the late reply, I will make sure to update it accordingly, I've just been a tad busy and will get to it post haste!

Alright, Sorry for the late reply, I will make sure to update it accordingly, I've just been a tad busy and will get to it post haste!

i understand. I am a "dragging my feet on an application unless I am immediately inspired" person myself :D

i understand. I am a "dragging my feet on an application unless I am immediately inspired" person myself :D

Yeah, I just don't want to write something on one of my "off days" and then regret doing it... :sleep:

Anyways, I updated it and put it back in Work in Progress status. Thank you guys' for all your help!

Anyways, I updated it and put it back in Work in Progress status. Thank you guys' for all your help!

Hopefully, it won't be too long before you're ready to switch Nivial's status back to [Ready]. :)

Yeah, I just don't want to write something on one of my "off days" and then regret doing it... :sleep:

Haha, I know what you are talking about. Usually I have a finished written app waiting to be reviewed so I have plenty of time for the one that currently is WiP - but I usually need all of that time to actually make it good. Writing on "off days" can really kill a character for me. So take your time.

Just politely checking, how are things coming with this app?

If you'd like any help with this app, let me know!

As 'Helpstaff', we're all here to 'help'!

:D:D:D

Just politely checking, how are things coming with this app?

If you'd like any help with this app, let me know!

As 'Helpstaff', we're all here to 'help'!

:D:D:D

Of course. :) I feel as if something is missing, but I don't know what exactly. I've covered all her bases. What seems to be the problem now is the wording of certain phrases or clarifaction on a few things. I've simplified/clarified things i ththought would need some more explaining and it should be ready to go.

Welcome to Canterlot, Nivial!

AppApproved.png

How I wish I acted...

Excellent! Thank you all so much for the help and support! It was a tough run, but worth it to have such an awesome character in the end. :)

How I really acted...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!! I DIS IT I DID IT!