[ Pony Related Character ]

Name: Foxglove

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Light magenta

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Mane and tail are both made of heavy soft yellow locks. Mane is tied into two loose braids and fastened with red bows.

Eye Color: Brown

Cutie Mark: Foxglove flower with dew dripping off it.

Physique: Average height but of slight build. Foxglove seems a lot thinner than most ponies and she's quite physically weak.

Residence: A cosy cottage on the edge of Whitetail Wood and Solstice Heights. The house is covered in morning glory and trumpet flower vines and overlooks a substantial flower garden filled with foxglove flowers, belladonna and a number of other bushes and shrubs which are unidentifiable. There are also a number of devils apple trees and sago palms as well as a small farming patch planted with rhubarb. A shed out the back contains various mushrooms and toadstools in the dark.

Motivation: Growing plants that are less appreciated by most ponyfolk. Knowing that somewhere, out there, somepony is going to get hurt because of her. Earning lots of money.

Likes: Her closest friends, lots of bits, hurting other ponyfolk, earning lots of bits, pretty flowers that are also poisonous, hot pear and tomato pizza, science, distilling cruel poisons

Dislikes: Bullying, ponies that are bullies, being found out, cold pear and tomato pizza, most other ponyfolk

Character Summary:

Foxglove is the shy and retiring purveyor of Foxglove's Sweet Scents, a small shop that deals in perfume oils made from sweet-smelling but poisonous flowers. Foxglove is very kind and gentle with her customers and closest friends, all the while harboring a deep hatred for all her peers. Ponies who accidentally graze on her garden will be given immediate medical attention and antidotes. No poisoning ever happens within Foxglove's home and she takes pains to ensure that most ponies do not come to any harm in her area.

All of Foxglove's perfumes are non-toxic - the toxic substances having been leached out through a chemical process in her laboratory. For ponies in the know, Foxglove also deals in highly toxic poisons with a range of effects. She is more than happy to supply them to the pony with the money to spend. Foxglove also keeps one vial of her latest creation and its antidote (whatever that may be) on a chain around her neck at all times.

A connsumate recluse, Foxglove is rarely seen outside of her cottage and garden, but does occassionally do personal deliveries of goods to her most regular customers. She has a strange relationship with botanist pony, Nightshade, who brings her rare plants from all over Equestria and reminds her to buy food and supplies when they're running low.

Foxglove hates to see the strong bullying the weak and will often plot a personal revenge (usually involving some form of poison) on the bully when she sees it happen. Her specialties in unicorn magic are telekinesis and plant growth.

Character History:

Foxglove is the daughter of Wisteria and Castlereagh. A local denizen of Solstice Heights, Foxglove grew up in a poorer part of town. She was a sickly little colt and her body was very weak, it was surprising that she managed to live as long as she did.

Foxglove's parents were from old money, but lost the money over many years of gambling and bad debts. The two proud ponies considered Solistice Heights to be beneath them and wanted the best for their little daughter. They scrimped and saved in order for her to be entered into a select private school.

Foxglove did not have a good time in school. Putting her through school put Wisteria and Castlereagh into debt and the other ponies in the school often made fun of her because of her weak body and poor background. She was shunned by the other ponies and suffered from a lot of bullying. Although her parents tried their best to support their daughter, they could not afford many things that other ponies could. They did, however, try to teach Foxglove not to stoop to the level of her bullies. Unfortunately, despite her parents teachings, Foxglove's heart became full of bitterness towards others. Although she appeared outwardly shy and kind, she nursed a fierce hatred of the other ponies in her school.

Foxglove eventually did manage to get revenge on her bullies. She uncovered a patch of poisonous plants on walk through Whitetail Wood one day. From this patch of plants, the little filly created her first poison, a small shampoo that removed hair. A week later, Foxglove spiked her enemies' bodywashes and watched with glee as their manes and tails fell off. As she watched the other fillies crying out in misplaced vanity, Foxglove gained her cutiemark.

Since then, Foxglove has worked tirelessly to build up her business. She has saved up enough money from her work, both legal and illegal, to purchase a rather cosy cottage for herself and has since moved her business from her shopfront in Solstice Heights to her cottage on the edge of Whitetail Wood. Foxglove maintains a good relationship with her parents, neither of whom are aware of her side business and whom she has helped out of their debts.

post-524-13147199723206_thumb.jpg

I don't think that there is Chinese food in Equestria because...well, there is no China.

I think plant growth is an interesting Unicorn talent. I also don't think that telekinesis is special, rather, it's a shared talent among Unicorns.

You also mention "Celestia's School for Gifted Ponies." I think the school is exclusive to Unicorns, and not for all ponies.

The main problem I'm having is about the poisons, which seems to be a large part of the character. I just don't see a need for serious poisons in Equestria at all, and I personally see that as an awful way to get a Cutie Mark. It just doesn't seem to fit within the realm of the show. The only type of poison we've seen is Poison Joke, which is about as lethal as, well, poison oak. Even with the Everfree Forest, I just don't think dangerous plants exist in Equestria.

To Helpstaff: It IS an awful way to get a cutie mark, but Foxglove is simply an awful pony - as evidenced by her thought processes. If it helps you any, her first poison wasn't very strong and I'm willing to admit that it wasn't. Her actions did result in her expulsion, however, which I'm also willing to add.

I do like the concept of a pony who is simply just not a nice pony, even if she pretends to be. Furthermore, poisons are a core part of her character, so I don't know how we can resolve this issue.

Correctional edit has been made. Please let me know about the other items I raised above.

I really, really like this character. I do however, see concerns with a pony dealing directly with lethal substances as part of the core Equestria RP. It simply seems dark for the RP- but that doesnt mean it has to go. Rather, it means it has to be handled very responsibly by you, the RP'er, as something like this is borderline out-of-character for the RP.

To elaborate on my thoughts- I think this character is well developed; and likely *any* herbalist (or well studied pony like Twilight), is going to know of a few poisonous things. Equestria is not without lethality, (as we know ponies do perish), the show simply does not touch on those aspects; and enjoys a lighter atmosphere focused on positive elements. Your character is a slice of the real world, if you will, into equestria. I think you've built this character to be villainous, and its alright for Equestria to have villains; I just want to make sure you understand that you will be held to a higher level of responsibility when RP'ing this character to preserve the integrity of the main RP, and keep 'darker' elements into planned RP's with members who know where it will be going.

The way your application is written seems like you realize this, and have given it thought, so i feel comfortable in approving this application for the RP.

I think that this character could also fit very well into the Heart of Equestria RP that will be starting up this summer, i'm excited to see what you do with her.

Approved.