The Coalition of Unusually Talented Ponies OOC (One Slot Open)

So this will be the first Free for All RP I am going to try to lead. Don’t expect something great. But give it your all please! I came up with the idea on the spot and refined it for a few days, but please feel free to give me suggestions on what I may need to do. Anyways, keep reading to see what I’m talking about.

Plot: A summer day in Equestria was the time this all started. It would change Equestria forever, but for now it was a normal day. Nopony thought about looking to the sky. The few that were looking up would notice how strange the sun was, but none took too much notice. They continued their lives.

Princess Celestia was perfectly fine. In fact, she felt better waking up than she had at any point in the year. What she didn’t know is that her power over the sun, while still as strong as ever, was changing. It was fluxing into a different connection. And nothing could prepare anything for what would happen next.

Celestia moved the sun into the highest point in the sky. At the point where Equestria’s atmosphere acted as a lens. Nopony really knows what happened, but a beam of light was immediately seen coming between the Princess and the sun. Where it originated remains a mystery, as Princess Celestia becomes quiet at the sheer mention of the day.

But the beam of light was the least memorable part of the day, sadly. From the place the princess stood, a wave of energy flashed over all of Equestria. This is now known as the Sunburst. Mostly everypony was only blinded for a few seconds, for the energy wave was headed by an intense white light. But there were a few ponies, dragons, and even a small amount of hippogryphs that were altered by the energy.

These ponies had gained, to say it simply, superpowers. Varying from strength to enhanced magic to supreme regeneration, the altered ones found out their powers. It was discovered over time who these select few were, because often it was the case that they shunned themselves from society for being

considered “freaks”, either by their neighbors or themselves.

Not three days later, the sky went dark. It was the middle of the night during a full moon, and Princess Luna was beginning to worry Nightmare Moon had something planned. But the disaster of her past was a bit in the royal bank compared to what was here.

Legion, or so they called themselves, blacked out the sky for five days. From wherever they came, they came for malice. During those days, they sent wave after wave of beasts, fiends, and abominations to try and seize Equestria and call it their own. The power of the Elements of Harmony plus all the guards and both the princesses managed to only protect Canterlot for the duration, where the outside world was left to fend for itself.

During that time, the affected ones fought back. What would take the Royal Canterlot Guard years to accomplish was finished within a month by these select few beings who were hit by the radiance of the sun. They drove Legion back, back into

Thus, the new generation of super ponies was gathered by princess Celestia and Luna. There, they formed The Coalition of Unusually Talented Ponies, who swore by the sun that they would protect all of Equestria from any harm that would come across their world. And they have been known to keep a lookout across Equestria for anything that could threaten their utopia again.

Everywhere, but inside…

How’s that for a plot?

So here is the character summary outline. Never done one before, so add anything you want to it.

Character Name:

Race/Species:

Physical Description:

Power/Skill:

Weapon of Choice:

Background (Before the Sunburst):

Personality:

I’ll be taking four or five other RPers for this, so get ‘em while their hot!

Character Name: Livewire? (just about everyone knows Livewire isn't his true name, but he always insists it is.)

Race/Species: Unicorn

Physical Description: An electric blue unicorn with a frayed, burned red man. His eyes are crimson and permanently dilated pupils dart from left to right constantly. Wave after Wave of electricity can be seen going up and down his horn and in between hairs. His tail, red like his mane, is cut short and blackened at the tip.

Power/Skill: He didn't truly get any power from the sunburst, but found it as an excuse to reveal his alarming skill with electricity and knowledge for science.

Weapon of Choice: He's a scientist, not a fighter, but if he gets into a tight spot, he will use lightening if he cant simply teleport away

Background (Before the Sunburst): Livewire was not born in Equestria, and in a family of scientists, once when his dad was away, he got into some very dangerous objects in his laboratory and woke up in the hospital with his cutie mark and advanced knowledge even for a grown unicorn. He was titled a "mad genius" by his peers and at a point in his life mysterious to even his closest friends, something snapped in his mind and he actually began acting the part. When he moved into Equestria, he opened up a club and hid his talents away, until the sunburst, that is, when he saw an opportunity to resume his old occupation.

Personality: The type of pony every pony, every pony would title a psychopath. Until they get to know him, that is, then they would believe it to. Livewire has long since lost his mind to a trauma he would prefer to go unmentioned. He is obsessed with science and magic alike, and looks everywhere for "specimens" to conduct experiments on. Never anything like ponies or griffins, mind you.

Eh, my posting rhythm's well established, I can afford to add maor. But it if moves too fast I'd have to drop.

Character Name: Twinkle 'Fyre' Star

Race/Species: Pegasus

Physical Description: A mare with an especially radiant coat shade of eye-wateringly bright yellow. She is a bit on the petite side, smaller than the average mare in both height and build. She is almost always wearing a smile, and she looks absolutely terrible without it, as it is such a seemingly imperative part of her countenance. Her face is childish and cute. Her mane is long, a bit spiked and tufted at the crown, and otherwise perfectly straight. Her tail is likewise perfectly straightened. Both are a single colour of orange. Her eyes are a similar orange in their irises, and her eyes are especially expressive.

Power/Skill: 'Fyre' is known as such because her powers allow her to absorb her phoenix into herself, causing her wings to explode in size and become of flame. She can breathe powerful phoenix flame, make her body blindingly radiant at will, gains improved flying ability. And her ultimate ability is the phoenixes revival abilities, meaning she will burst into flame and be reborn eventually from her own ashes if she is ever killed before her time.

Weapon of Choice: Carries no weapons.

Background: Twinkle was a pegasus born to earth pony parents, both of whom were naturalists and researchers who gave their daughter a strong sense for the environment. She studied and found a talent for animal rearing, but more specifically the care for the exotic phoenix, which were largely left alone on the borders of pony civilization. Her job involved her living on the fringes of pony society, devoting her time to studying phoenixes and making positive changes to their habitat. She befriended one specific phoenix, that on the day of the Sunburst was linked in body and soul to her. While she was loathe to leave her beloved phoenixes, she understood that her powers gave her a new duty, and she left to join THE COALITION OF UNUSUALLY TALENTED PONIES in all caps.

Personality: Fyre is cheerful and almost overpoweringly so, almost animalistic at times in her lack of common pony courtesy, like table manners and personal space. She is stubborn, does not learn her lessons easily, and she has a strong need to always be right, almost in an alpha female way where she will physically hurt others when she feels they are threatening her 'dominance'. Her personality remains mostly the same when her phoenix enters her, if anything she becomes a bit more tempered with the age and 'wisdom' of her friend within. She is a bit of an idiot at times.

Might as well take the opportunity to test run my character before I app him ;)

Character Name: Storm Hammer

Race/Species: Alicorn

Physical Description: Slighter taller and slimmer than average. Dark green pelt with dark blue mane (same shade as Princess Luna). His cutie mark is a Green ray of light shining through a bunch of clouds (kinda like those spotlights from heaven you see in movies, but green).

Power/Skill: In addition to standard pegasus flight, Storm Hammer's horn is capable of generating bolts of concussive force of varying degrees of which he can control. In addition his horn is capable of generating hard light constructs.

Weapon of Choice: None

Background (Before the Sunburst): Storm Hammer was the unassuming son of a Pegasus father and a Unicorn mother. All he knew was that he went to nap one afternoon in between Weather Control shifts and and woke up with a horn and his cutie mark of a bunch of clouds now seemed to emanate a greenish light, which he assumed was a result of the Sunburst and his unicorn heritage. While he couldn't get his horn to spellcast, he realized that he was somehow able to quickly come to grips with his newfound ability....it felt almost natural....

Personality: Storm Hammer's quiet and reserved nature hides a razor sharp mind. While he's not the most powerful of his teammates, he makes up for it with his sheer versatility. Unfortunately his inability to assert himself usually gets him bossed around

Both apps accepted. Since he is not a true alicorn (aka no magic) That's alright. With four people on, I think five will make a good team, so I'll let one more on. I'll make the actual RP sometime tonight. And I have a beginning and end to the plot, but I'm going to have the middle be up to the RPers, so feel free to do whatever as long as you don't force another's character into doing something. I will do that on the odd occasion, but mostly I will be a normal RPer.

And another Idea would to put in a nickname sort of thing your pony might go by. Like Clark Kent goes by Superman. Or Wade Wilson goes by Deadpool.

Here is my main character BTW

Character Name: Cotton Button

Nickname: Tank

Race/Species: Earth Pony

Physical Description: Dark blueish black coat with a grey-silver mane. His eyes are maroon, with his cutie mark being a pickaxe.Seen usually with a smirk or a blank stare.

Power/Skill: Eats metal, not regular food. At any point in time he can make the metal exit his body through any pore, effectivley allowing him to make an instant suit of armor and weapon. He can also absorb metal through his pores, basically retracting whatever suit of armor he has made. This makes him very dense (only litterally) and highly indistructible.

Weapon of Choice: A pair of large swords that come out of his wrists.

Background (Before the Sunburst): Grew up near a gold mine, where was employed later in his life. He earned little, despite what he was digging up, so he learned to live with what he had. He got his cutie mark when he rescued some others from a cave in that happened from poor support systems. He came to the CUT for a place to live, since his hometown threw him out for eating their earnings.

Personality: Hard headed, stubborn, and hates it when others call him his real name. When given a task, he will do it one way and one way only, not even thinking of another way to do it. He also doesn't give his opinions on too many things, prefering to keep them to himself. He is steadfast and can take verbal, physical, and mental abuse, and tries to solve a conflict with something other than fists first. But just once.

I'm up for this if you would let me :razz:

[colour=#282828]Character Name: Marcian[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Race/Species: Dragon[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Physical Description: A big hulking brute of a dragon, with huge teeth and is almost out of his teenage years. Red scales and dark green spikes on his back[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Power/Skill: Super Strength and Regeneration (can grow back lost limbs and heal very quickly in comparison to others)[/colour]

Weapon of Choice:[colour=#282828] Uses his natural dragon abilities. such as teeth, fire and claws[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Background (Before the Sunburst): Lived in the Badlands, really just hanging around with his friends and doing pranks like all dragons of his age do, was hit by the sunburst and decided to leave his peers in the badlands to seek out answers to how he received his new found power, from here, he discovered the [/colour][colour=#282828]The Coalition of Unusually Talented Ponies. Though disgruntled about the name, he decided to check it out.[/colour]

Personality:[colour=#282828] An arrogant dragon with a chip on his soldier, Impatient and has a short temper. Is also somewhat overconfident in his abilities, and can be a bit of a coward when being matched or outnumbered, Does enjoy a good fight though, and will stand by any friends if his life truly depended on it. Likes showing off and having his ego boosted too.[/colour]

This sounds like a lot o' fun, so you can count me in.

Character Name: Discharge

Nickname: 'The black reaper'

Race/Species: Earth pony

Physical Description: He has a mostly average build, and is pretty normal looking. But underneath this lies a very strong and fast stallion, able to hold his own in any fight. His pelt is a grey colour, and his mane is black, long, and very unkept. He is known to eat a huge amount as well, but this helps him sustain his fitness just as much as working out would. His cutie mark is a blue bolt of electricity.

Power/Skill: He is able to discharge electricity through touch, or through other conductors, such as metal or water. He is also very adept in freerunning.

Weapon of Choice: His weapon of choice is a two bladed knife, which he can either use on it's own, or can attatch to a metal grappling hook from his belt, which he will throw at and use to electrocute his enemies. He also wears a white mask whenever he is in the field, with black eyes, a purple lightning bolt through one, and a large red smile.

Background (Before the Sunburst): Discharge has no memory of what happended to him before the sunburst, except for his name, and that he has a sister somewhere. What he doesn't know was that he used to live quite a happy life, except for the fact that his father was a top-class assasin. After the sunburst he followed in his fathers hoofprints, tracking down his targets and killing them with ruthless, emotionless efficiency. Soon after though, he decided to join the coalition, after the actions of one of his assasinations caused the death of an entire town. Ever since that faithful event, he was known as 'the black reaper'.

Personality: Most of the time, Discharge is a very cheerful, clumsy stallion, often passing himself by as just another normal person to people who don't know of his gift, But when he has too, he can turn into a cold, unthinking killer, who will do anything and everything to get the job done, even if that sometimes endangers his teammates.

this

Post-EQLA, I've realized that there are some things I simply need to be dedicated to over other things, and one of those other things is this site. I love teh RPs, and I love ya'll, and I've made a few friendships here and there, but updating this site is a serious task for me (2~ hours a day at worst), and there's just some stuff I really need to attend to in real life lest I fail as a person.

So I'm going to declare a hiatus, as of now indefinite. I'm involved in quite a bit as is, and I'm so sorry to all the members of this site I'm cutting short by up and leaving like this. I think I'll be gone for at least another month, long enough for all the RP I'm involved in to either die or move on without me. I'll try to come back as soon as I feel I've done what I needed to do IRL. It's been fun guys.

probably should get a sub just in case, he hasn't posted in our thread for quite a while

Here is an app for you I you want me in on this, if not it's all good. ^^

sub_zero_pony_vector_by_kyute_kitsune-d4o495l.png

Character Name: Sub-Zero

Race/Species: Earth Pony

Physical Description: Very strong and athletic build. He has an icy blue coat and a meduim blue tail and mane. His tail is of medium length and his mane is short and naturally straight. He wears the traditional ninja garments and armor of his clan from the frozen north. His cutie-mark is that of a frozen ninja star. He is also one of the few ponies who taken to walking bipedally which is a rare and strange sight.

Power/Skill: The Sunburst Incident created a magical distortion within Sub-Zero's body and in essence gave him magical abilities that of a unicorn, however they are extremely limited. Cryomancy; Sub-Zero can control ice (and water to a certain extent) at will. He can also freeze and unfreeze anything he wants via various techniques, most commonly via icy bolts of magical energy he projects from his fore hooves

Weapon of Choice: His cryo-sword that he can form from the water vapor in the air. He can also form various bladed or pointed weapons. Mostly he uses his hooves to fight as he master martial artist and assassin.

Background (Before the Sunburst): Sub-Zero is of noble blood within his clan of ninjas who reside in the far frozen north, the Kori no Yurei. His childhood was very formal and tough. Endless amounts of training made him as strong and as cold as arctic ice. He never knew what love was. The closest thing was his mother's affection which for some reason she would only show in private. Perhaps she wished to keep it secret so that Sub-Zero's father wouldn't think that she is weakening him. The only emotion he has ever shown was anger otherwise he was and is very lacking in emotional expression and ties. His parents are dead and he has no siblings, only a few cousins. He vowed to his father at a young age to be the strongest warrior ever.

Personality: Sub-Zero is a very emotionless individual, literally "cold as ice." He is very anti social to those outside his clan. Also he is very blunt and to the point and gets annoyed by incompetence easily. He also has rather high opinion of himself. However, he is loyal and protective of his allies regardless of his lack of emotion as it is part of his honor. Being "cold" does have its perks such as Sub-Zero being a rather cool and calculating individual when it comes to battle.