"Shade" Britches [READY]

StarStorm

Roleplay Type: Mane

Name: Britches, but goes by "Shade" because she dislikes her name.

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: Red

Coat colour: Purple

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Shade's mane and tail are both wavy and fairly long. They are both cornflower blue.

Physique: A bit pudgy, but adorable

Cutie Mark: A masquerade mask

Origin/Residence: Canterlot

Occupation: Shade is a student. She would like to be a writer when she's older, but is well aware of how the world works, and has decided that she may take some sort of temporary job while working on a writing career. She has also considered the possibility of becoming a playwright.

Motivation: She really would like to leave home sometime in the near future, once she graduates. Although Shade has a very good home life and a very loving family, she feels that her parents are just too over protective. She dreams of a life in which she can listen to hard rock music and date without her parents cracking down on her. As for now, Shade is working on a large story which she hopes to one day get published as a book. She's always loved writing; using imagination to make interesting characters and situations has always intrigued her. She sort of escapes in a way with her writing. She does feel very held back because of being overprotected, but she knows that her characters and their lives can be anything she could possibly dream up, and she loves that. Shade always tries to think of her characters first, because she believes that the characters make the story. She claims that once she gets her main characters all fleshed out and decides on a situation to put them in, that the story basically writes itself.

Likes: Hearing other's stories, writing, creating and discussing art, chocolate (especially dark), a good book, nighttime, sleeping in on the weekends, school, vacationing and seeing new places, and a little bit of tea with her sugar (She likes a lot of it!)

Dislikes: Breakfast food, waking up early, hyper ponies, the outdoors, and math (even though she isn't bad at it)

Character Summary: A writer at heart, and a rebel by choice, Shade tends to keep to herself when at her (and her father's) Canterlot home. Her father, Rainbow Dancer, (He's a big guy who works as a concert bouncer) is very over-protective of her. She blames him for her name because, although he's never directly said it, she was sure he was unhappy with his own. Or, another theory of hers is that maybe bad names just run in the family. She tries to act as he feels she should in front of him, but as soon he turns his back, she just does as she pleases. She ran away to Appaloosa once and stayed with a pen pal for a short time, who she decided to try dating, but she decided that the pony wasn't as cool as she'd thought from the letters, so she took the train back home. She has a diary in which she writes absolutely positively EVERYTHING down in. Her old classmate stole it from her once, and it absolutely TERRIFIED the poor unicorn. Luckily for Shade, the pony wasn't a very good reader, but it certainly gave her a strong fear of ever losing it again. She keeps it with her at all times.. Almost.

Cutie Mark Story: Shade's cutie mark is a masquerade mask, which she got from writing a story for class. Shortly after discovering her desire to become a writer, she entered a writing contest at her school. Her story had to do with a stallion who was about to get married who went to a masquerade party, but found his soon-to-be wife flirting with somepony else! Shade's character can see that it's her. He was sure of it! She talked to him, but she just didn't make the same connection.. Or any connection, really. It's a very appropriate cutie mark for her because that's how Shade feels sometimes. She's good at reading emotions, sort of like can see behind other ponies masks, like if they try to disguise their feelings, and is able to help them through their masked-to-most, personal problems if they are willing to let her. However, rare is the pony that can see through hers. At least, completely through. Even though sometimes her insides are screaming for her to, she just can't help but hide behind the mask. She wishes she could be more open, yet it's just not in her when talking to most ponies.

Personality: Shade tends to be pretty quiet, but has a little bit of a rebellious side if she knows that she won't get caught, possibly because her father never really got her in trouble for things. She's always very calm. Shade is highly intelligent, but doesn't always speak up to show it.

Artwork:

My little doodle of Shade

A few pieces by Chardude (Thank you so very much all of the art, Char!)

...And I actually do have a couple of pieces by other artists as well, but for some reason I'm unable to post them at this time. I'll post and let you guys know once I do, though!

Hey there! Shade looks good to me; the only thing I might recommend is a bit of expansion on her motivation; why does she want to leave home (I mean, there's plenty of reasons, but which in particular make Shade feel this way)? Also, just what is it about writing that appeals to her so much? I like the cutie mark and the reasons behind it, and what comes across of her personality in the cutie mark story. All in all I think this is an interesting character and perhaps with those minor expansions she'll be good to go!

Thank you, I've edited and gone more in depth on why she's so fascinated by writing and why she wants to leave home in the motivation section. Ready for review once again :3

I'm sorry about the inactivity, guys. D: I actually ended up getting really sick, so I haven't been doing much besides sleeping lately, but now that I'm getting better I should be able to stay on top of things just fine. C: