Looking for: Roleplaying Game Skype Group

ShadowMage

Note: If you have no experience with RPG's or D&D, I would be willing to teach you.

As you enter into the room, the echoes of your foot-falls reverberate around the mostly empty room. Several up-turned tables, coated in grime, dust and cobwebs, imply a long-forgotten conflict; a spider rappels between the arrows still sticking out of the improvised cover of the rotten and moldering wood. As your eyes adjust to the flickering shadows cast by the torch of the group leader, your eyes fall to roughly a set of about a dozen total tracks through the dust, all leading behind a piece of dining furniture-turned-cover. Though the fires in the kitchen have long since died, your adversaries have been cooking up something most foul: an ambush.

I am looking for a small-ish group of players (around 3-6 people) who would be willing to play in a roleplaying game I would be running. I would be using Dungeons & Dragons v3.5 as the system in a which I have been creating for the past several years. I would like to play during the hours of 8PM-12AM Eastern Standard Time, though I have not decided on the specific day yet. I was planning the game to have a strong narration to it, the players only having to worry about their own characters and their actions. I would handle dice rolls, stats, enemies, etc. I plan to have extensive role-playing and, should the players choose, a decent amount of combat. This will not be a dungeon crawl with slaughtering monsters. There will be consequences for foolishness and reward for creative thinking, though I plan to be as fair and just as possible.

If you are familiar with D&D v3.5, be warned I am changing several things about the system, though the core will remain the same for most things. If you decide to join the game and have extensive experience with D&D, I would ask that you help me tweak and critique the changes I have made to the system. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Too Long, Didn't Read:

What - Modified D&D v3.5 on Skype

When - 8PM - 12AM EST (Either Friday or Saturday.)

Needed Equipment - Microphone, Skype, and a thinking mind

Experience Needed - None

If you have any questions or comments, please leave them here, I'll edit this post later with commonly asked/insightful questions and their answers. Thanks for your time!

Update:

Planned meeting for details - 2012, November 16, Sometime after 9PM EST (Probably)

• Like 1

I would love to do this.

I'm part of the FoE PNP we have on here, but Xiee is MIA right now, so all we really do on Saturdays is non-canon character development. :I

If I could do this, it would really need to be on the weekends. I'm swamped with work right now, working on my schools news show and all my other stuff.

Davroth: I wasn't planning to have it during that time actually, only after 8 PM EST. They work me late enough often enough that starting at 8.30, give or take, would be the standard starting time. What time would be better for you?

CobaltFlare: Right now I don't have any specific day in mind. I was mostly expecting it to be a "do it when we can" kinda thing. Weekends would likely be the best time for people.

CobaltFlare: Right now I don't have any specific day in mind. I was mostly expecting it to be a "do it when we can" kinda thing. Weekends would likely be the best time for people.

Honestly, for the good of your setup, have a specific day.

I was in a D&D group that just went when everyone was here, and we never got any sessions in. The ones we did were all rushed.

Whereas, for the FoE group, we have one every Saturday at 10 and pretty much everyone makes it every time.

Honestly, for the good of your setup, have a specific day.

I was in a D&D group that just went when everyone was here, and we never got any sessions in. The ones we did were all rushed.

Whereas, for the FoE group, we have one every Saturday at 10 and pretty much everyone makes it every time.

Good point and it's noted. I suppose what I should have said is "I don't know when I'll have it because I want to consult the people who are interested for a day." I don't want to pick a day without first consulting those interested as, if I say we'll do it on Tuesday, and everyone who WANTS to do is busy on Tuesday, I probably just scared half of them off. BUT ANYWAYS!

Alright: I would like to get together a "meeting" for Friday sometime after 9 PM EST. If you're interested, please get me your Skype name in some way, shape or form and I'll start a group call/chat around that time. It's at this point when we'll discuss details. Thank you very much.

Alright: I would like to get together a "meeting" for Friday sometime after 9 PM EST. If you're interested, please get me your Skype name in some way, shape or form and I'll start a group call/chat around that time. It's at this point when we'll discuss details. Thank you very much.

Alright, may be a bit late for this considering it's like 3 and a half hours beforehand, but my skype is n3tspl1t