Wreck It Ralph

MegaMare

So Wreck It Ralph. I saw it, and I loved it. I even think it makes it into one of my all time favorite Disney movies :) . Now I'm curious though, for those who have seen it already what were your thoughts on the movie? Did you love or hate it? Or was it just, meh. And for those who haven't seen it yet do you plan to?

This was a great film. Saw it with my girlfriend last Sunday. I'd heard some people complain that it was introducing new rules to the plot up till the very end, but I didn't really pick up on that. I thought it was well balanced and genuinely funny, and (thankfully) didn't rely entirely on videogame in-jokes and references, which was a worry of mine going into it.

Also Paperman was beautiful.

I love the show's homage to all kinds of games both nostalgic (Q-bert, Tapper, etc.) and newer games (Sugar Rush and Hero's Duty). The plot was great as were the characters. Overall a fun movie.

Sonic was probably the best choice for a video game PSA character, by far. I also, uh, dug, all the random references in the Game Station (not sure if that was an intentional dual-layer pun or not).

Maybe a little too much emphasis on Sugar Rush, given the absolutely perfect chance for crossover mayhem, but I guess it was an okay direction to take. Less chance for the plot to go haywire. I was also really confused about Turbo--they introduce the term very early on, but there's no explanation until the film is halfway done or later. Honestly I was expecting it to be some kind of video game liberation terrorist group.

[colour=#0000ff] I had seen the trailers for this movie for quite sometime and had an expectation for it to be great, I was not disappointed! was hooked and really enjoyed the storyline. Disney produced this FINALLY in very, very good taste! The graphics were amazing[/colour]

And yes, Paperman is now my new all time favorite Disney short

As someone with a heavy interest in animation, both 2D and 3D, Paperman was astounding. You can tell if you look very closely that it's 3D but it looks exactly like an old black and white 2D film. I wouldn't mind an entire film done like that.

I just say it, and there really isn't much more I can say besides:

I loved it! I was going into it with some good recommendations from friends, but it exceeded expectations quite a lot. Oh, and this was the first time in a while that I've actually felt the main villain to be threatening.

That initial scene where he invades the other racing game and crashed it (racing pun not intended) was actually a bit unnerving.

Not to mention, the end credits song is unbelievably catchy. Ya gotta love Owl City.