Slendermane [The RP] (OPEN)

shyshy

[colour=#FF0000][for some guidance, please refer to the OOC Discussion[/colour][colour=#ff0000]] [/colour]

[colour=#000000]deep in the everfree forest there is a cottage that has remained untouched for over 300 years. the cottage is there, long abandoned, some say cursed. noone has dared enter for 300 years...[/colour]

[colour=#000000]at the edges of the everfree forest, on all sides, daring ponies with nerves of adamantium are entering the forest. each and every one has a different story, different views on this ghastly piece of landmass, but ALL share a single goal...[/colour]

[colour=#000000]solve the mysteries behind that long abandoned cottage...[/colour]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​it is early morning on the eastern edge of the everfree forest. the fog that blankets the ground is beginning to thicken and the gnarled, decaying trees and thick dark foliage have set a dark, ominous mood, blocking the sunlight from touching the moist soil inside. the air is moist and thick with heat, and the heat from the rising sun above is still as brutal inside the forest as it is outside.

here we have [colour=#ff0000]Key #1[/colour]: Vitae, enters the forest from the eastern edge in search of the mysterious cottage deep within the forest. his goal: write a documentary of his experiences and publish them for all of equestria to read.

with him he carries only a pack containing: map of the everfree forest (VERY unreliable and under-detailed), 2 empty journals, 2 bottles of ink, 2 quills, 1 tent, i sleeping bag, assorted nonperishable foods with water (good for 7 days), and 1 flashlight with 2 extra sets of batteries.

Vitae checks through his pack and writes his first journal entry:

[colour=#696969]"Day 1: Early Morning [/colour]

[colour=#696969]weather conditions: dreadful [/colour]

[colour=#696969]i am now entering the everfree forest from the EAST side. i have plenty of supplies to last a week, lets just hope im out of this dreary place before then. according to my map, the cottage is somewhere towards the middle of the forest. should take atleast another day or two of travel by hoof. well, at any rate, i have heard lots of stories about this place, yet so little of them have to do with that cottage. any i have heard speak of curses and monsters, all of which seem to have a common antagonist. the...same monster every time...[/colour]

[colour=#696969]but i digress, onward...[/colour]

[colour=#696969] -Vitae"[/colour]

as he writes his signature he catches a glimpse of something very peculiar out of the corner of his eye, but it was gone before he even realized he saw it. with caution, Vitae walks into the everfree forest, heading east to the center of the everfree forest...

slender_mane_by_dj_rainbow_dash-d3jzcbp.png

In the late morning, Key #2: Moon Stone wakes up. He has lived by himself in the Everfree forest all his life, ever since he was a little foal. He has been seperated from all of pony kind, and as such, he is very different. His magic skills, honed by survival instinct and practice, are very high, allowing him to do things most other unicorns can't. He wakes up in the late morning, shaking his dark grey mane free of dirt. It seems to be a clear day on the south-eastern corner, near Ponyville. He often spies on the town from within the forest, magically enhancing his vision. He heard a few ponies talking about this cottage in the middle of what he feels to be his forest, and he has decided to help him out. He only carries 3 bone knives on a belt made from squirrel leather, but he has hundreds of other ones scattered and hidden throughout the forest. He stands up, drinks from the nearby stream, and heads out into the heart of the forest.

a few hours pass from early morning to the late morning just before noon. Vitae sits down by fallen hollowed out tree that is large enough to form a tunnel. he enters the tunnel and turns on his flashlight. he continues to go through the tunnel of decaying wood and finds a black gem on the ground. he picks it up, inspects it closely and then places it in his saddlebags. a sudden chill runs down Vitae's spine as he turns to see a shadow dart just out of his vision. Vitae runs out of the tunnel and continues to run towards the middle of the forest.

Vitae continues to run until he trips over a log and ends up eating a mouthful of dirt. "OH EWW!" he yells aloud spitting the dirt from inside his mouth onto the forest floor. "man this place is just twisted...gotta find that cottage..."

Vitae walks along towards the center of the forest once more, keeping a sharp eye out for anything suspicious.

It has been watching, waiting, and hunting for over 300 years, what is it...well no pony really knows except the legends. This legend has been told from foal to foal, as a way to keep them from entering the Everfree alone, it was the tale of SlenderMane! No matter how they say it was born or created they all share one common idea, it will find you, and then you will be gone forever! But with all the new ponies daring to find the cottage the stories have drastically increased, so many ponies claiming to see it, even if just for a second, and a few that have entered, well, they haven't come back. But now it has found its target, for whatever reason, and is following them, not too far but not too close. [colour=#ff0000]Note #1[/colour]: Always Watches, No Eyes!

Vitae continues to walk along the forest, doing well to remain in the better lit areas of the dismal environment. it is now an hour or so past noon, and the heat is overwhelming. "i could really use some shade that wasn't possibly hostile." Vitae said aloud to himself, as he looked about. he turned around as he felt as though he was being watched. nothing...must be his imagination he thought.

he sat on a log and looked over the black gem, seeing his reflection twist and distort in the gem's smooth blackness. his reflection looked dark, sinister, and eldritch. he let out a long sigh and placed it back in his saddlebags. he heard some rustling in a nearby bush and quickly snapped into alert. he went to investigate and found a slip of parchment, slightly burnt at the edges. the writing was in faded charcoal: [colour=#ff0000]Always Watches, No Eyes! [/colour]and an illustration of what looked to be a poorly drawn stallion in a black suit and tie. hmm it must not be finished..Vitae thought noticing the grotesque longness of the limbs and missing facial features.

he folded the page up and placed it in his journal and continued down his path, slowly, alert.

Moon Stone had been walking all morning, and stopped for lunch. Since he had lived in the forest his whole life, he had no aversion to hunting and eating meat. He quickly tracked and killed a squirrel, using his magic to fling one of his knives with expert aim. He cooked it in a magically conjured fire, and sat down to eat. It was then that he noticed the paper on the tree. Not feeling like getting up from his meal, he pulled it towards him. It was a crude picture of a forest, with what looked like a tall stallion in the center. Moon Stone found the picture odd. He had never seen anypony that tall when he spied on Ponyville, and there werent any creatures in the forest that looked like that. But he knew one thing from the picture. Somepony else was in his forest, and he didnt take kindly to visitors. He packed up, put out the fire, slipped the picture in his belt, and set off again for the supposed cabin in the center.

the day is coming to an end as night begins to fall. Vitae sets up his tent and sleeping bag by a small creek that flows north. after his camp is set, he eats a days worth of his provisions and then begins to write in his journal:

[colour=#696969]"Day 2: night fall[/colour]

[colour=#696969]weather conditions: cold and dry[/colour]

[colour=#696969]i have trekked this forest for a whole day and plenty oddities has already been witnessed. first being i have not been attacked by manticores or infected by poison joke. the second, i can swear, something is following me and my path, i can just feel it. third, i found an odd looking black gem that seems to distort reflections in dreadful ways...its, unsettling. along with the gem, i found a note: always watches, no eyes!...on it was a faceless, tall, monstrosity of a stallion. im about a day or two away from the cottage...the sooner i get there the better...i already hate this place.

-Vitae"[/colour]

Vitae closes his journal and places it in his saddlebags. after he places his saddlebags in his tent he begins to feel a terrible chill and his head feels like its gonna burst.

"dear goddes, whats goin on?" he yelled out to the noisy forest which immediately when silent as he held his hooves over his ears and yelled in pain. his chest began to feel sunken as he coughed a storm, and he rolled over onto his side. something was very wrong...something bad was hapenning...

[Faceless (everfree horror) by me. click to listen.]

Moon Stone kept moving despite the coming night. Years of survival has taught him to be active at all parts of the day, taking hour naps along the way. He was walking along, when suddenly the entire forest fell silent. He stopped, looking around. This had never happened before. What was happening to his forest?

• 2 weeks later...

applezoom is lost key #3 applezoom has been walking around forever and he still couldnt find his way back to ponyville his antern lighted his way but he could only see a few feet he wasn't scared of the night bu when he heard strange noises he was worried. he kept walking and walking but still no luck