[ Pony Related Character ]

Name: Ark

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Purple

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Naturally curly grey and blue mane, with a single toned blue tail.

Eye Color: Green

Cutie Mark: A fish bowl with a goldfish in it and an orange cat sitting behind it looking in.

Physique: Trimmed, but no where near as buff as many of the unicorn ponies in Canterlot. He's taller than most ponies, so about the height as the unicorn ponies seen in Best Night Ever.

Residence: Canterlot

Motivation: He received his cutie mark when he stuck it to his parents that he wanted to own his own petstore instead of finishing at the unicorn academy. In more detail, it was when he was a colt, after he had hatched some thunderbird babies.

Likes: His pet(s), animals in general, helping them find a good owner, others who like animals, peace and quiet, not being teased about his profession, learning about mythical creatures.

Dislikes: Being teased by his brother and family in general. When the pets in his store get the better of him.

Character Summary: He was born in a long line of magical unicorns who worked as professors in Canterlot. He went to school just like any pony and when he was a colt, he actually had a knack for knowledge on tending to the cares of mythical creatures. He took time to learn about each one in Equestria, what foods they liked, their temperament, and their weaknesses. It was a real treat to learn about. But when it came time for him to try and figure out what he could use his unicorn magic for, he used it to find mythical creatures (at least the more common ones that wanted to be found). He and the family cat, Tomato Bisque, were on that quest for an entire day. Around dinner time, TB was getting ready to raid a bird's nest. That was when Ark discovered that the nest had 5 thunderbird eggs. He brought them home and care of them until they hatched. Now he has adorable yellow thunderbird babies following him and helping him. Their names were Thora, Tova, Taima, Temzin, and Taran. When he graduated from school, his family was intending him to further his studies in education to become a teacher at Celestia's school for gifted unicorns. However he dumped their dream when he wanted to be a store clerk. Specifically he wanted to own his own pet store. And he did. As disappointed as his family is in him, Ark's petstore is really quite impressive. It's large and shaped similar to a ziggurat (tho no where near as big as an actual ziggurat of course). There he is the local provider of dragon eggs for the school (which is his main source of business). But he also sells impressive phoenixes (he only has those because they believe they're going to find ponies true of heart who enter the building), lively thunderbirds, flying turtles, caterpillars (that turn into catturflies), miniature sea ponies (yes, he sells teeny tiny versions of those wormy sea ponies from the pilot) Diamond Dog pups and more. He also sells normal dogs and cats as well, but not as much. And he will inevitably get in trouble for selling Diamond Dog pups.

ark-1.png

I like the design of the Cutie Mark, it's neat looking!

I think you should add a little bit about how he got his Cutie Mark, you seem to graze over it.

I was going to mention the Diamond Dog pups, but it seems you covered that by implying it's not exactly legal. I also don't think he can sell Phoenixes, as they are a very very rare species, and we have only seen on in the entirety of the show. I don't know if flying turtles exist in Equestria, we've seen nothing to suggest this. I'm also not sure what a Thunderbird or Catturfly is.

I do like what you've done with the character, giving them a unique, but seemingly logical job. Perhaps try expanding on the character a bit, and like I said, adding more to the Cutie Mark story.

Expanded on his character and gave a better reason for phoenixes to actually be there xD And I didn't think it mattered much that I added a few made up critters of my own, especially since there's no sign of Hippocamp or Hippogriffs or Perytons in Equestria either. But I think it's okay now.