{Bridlebank Beach} A Day on the Beach (Open)

ShadowWalking18

Acclaim’s goggles glinted harshly in the midday sun, hiding her eyes, but not the presence she carried. This was a mare of command. Her PT jacket bore her name and rank insignia as well as the rearing alicorn emblem of the REA. Notably absent, though, was armor or any sort of weaponry. It was, after all, her physical training gear.

Acclaim immediately clicked her hooves together, snapping off a quick salute to the officer. “Lieutenant! I offer my condolences for your R&R, but we need to be snappy! Are there any civilians left in the immediate vicinity?”

[colour=#b22222]“We managed to successfully remove the civilians and have been trying to keep this creature from beaching itself..."[/colour]

[colour=#daa520]“Quick thinking, good work,”[/colour] she nodded.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hi, nice ta meet ya. So any ideas how to get the walking piece of calamari out of here? Maybe we can have a big sea food fry?"[/colour] He said jokingly. But did lick his beak a bit at the thought of some fried calamari. It had been awhile since he had some of that.

[colour=#daa520]“More trouble than it’s worth, kid. There isn’t a frying pan big enough in Filly to cook that thing!”[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]“So far it hasn't had any luck hitting the lot of us, or the stores, but if its able to get closer, I fear for the safety of the residents who live and work across from the beach. So whatever you need of us to do, we are at your command."[/colour]

[colour=#daa520]“Thank you, ma’am. My boys are working on keeping clearing a lane out to sea for when ground teams get out here. But first order of business for us is to get off the beach.”[/colour]

[colour=#006400]".....You brought no wizards... And despite having no real means to stop this thing Sergeant you say us to retreat?”[/colour]

Acclaim winced at the volume of the sudden outburst. What was... how did... why was he angry? The sergeant looked him up and down. The stallion was pretty beat-up looking, like he’d already dragged himself through the sand several times over. Had he been fighting this thing by himself? Did he have a deathwish?

[colour=#daa520]“I’m getting you out of harm’s way,”[/colour] Acclaim said, looking him dead in the eye. [colour=#daa520]“Keeping the civilians safe is more important than a few smashed piers on the beach!”[/colour]

[colour=#006400]“No....I've seen one settlement razed once and I will not see one again. Even if this thing have to slither over my broken body!"[/colour]

What began as confusion quickly transformed into indignation. She was on a PT flight with her squad; they weren’t even on duty! They dropped in as first responders because NOPONY ELSE DID. By now the ground teams were probably on the way with nets and grapnels, but until they arrived, she was all they had. To have him throw it all aside wasn’t just preposterous, it was downright insulting.

[colour=#daa520]“Listen here, buddy, I’m not even on duty, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time! My job is to make sure you, the griffon, and the lieutenant stay alive. I’m gonna say it again: property is replaceable, ponies are not. Now-- WHERE THE HAY ARE YOU GOING?”[/colour]

Before she could finish, the unicorn-- “Squall” was it? -- dashed off, charging towards the kraken with sword held high. Acclaim put a hoof to her forehead and and sighed an exasperated sigh. This was going to be a long day.

[colour=#daa520]“Well..."[/colour] the sergeant said, flaring her wings in preparation for takeoff. [colour=#daa520]"Since logical response just went out the window, we’d better make sure he doesn’t get himself killed...”[/colour]

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Razor rolled his eyes,[colour=#FF0000] "Great." [/colour]He said to the sergeants words at logical response gone. So not wanting to be useless he flew up and got ready to fly down and grab Squall if the Kraken tried to smash him.

The Kraken watched the sword swing side to side, its big eye staring blankly at the weapon. If the spell was working or not it could not be told. The sea beast, noticed the pair of fliers go up and swung its tentacles out and down, slamming the ground hard near Squall and the others going towards the two fliers, flinging small bits of debris, of what it hadn't throw already.

[colour=#FF0000]"Whoo!" [/colour]Razor said, dodging a passing piece of boardwalk. As he dodged the first piece however, a half broken bench flew toward him and took him by surprise. The piece of wood smashed into him hard and brought him to the ground with a smash.

[colour=#FF0000]"Ughhh!"[/colour] Razor grunted as he hit the sand on his side, feeling pain in his wing. He grunted and got the piece of bench off of him, but hissed as he felt more pain in his wing.

[colour=#FF0000]"My wing!"[/colour] He growled, trying to ignore the wounded appendage.

-------------------------------------

Glimmer tapped her beak and then said, [colour=#EE82EE]"Yeah I guess your right. Silly Windy."[/colour] She said and gave her friend a big hug.

She then turned to the pony she had accused and said, [colour=#EE82EE]"Sorry I accused you."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]------------------------------------------------------[/colour]

[colour=#000000](((Lets try to finish the Kraken part in the next few posts.)))[/colour]

Wind Walker crawled into a little ball as the brain-freeze overwhelmed her. "Oh for Pony's sake!", the colt grumbled as he quickly made his way over to the drink counter and used the instant coco-machine, which he brought to his old friend. "Here! Take this! You should know not drink all that cold stuff so quickly.". The blue pony looked a little less bluer as she slowly sipped from the cup, "Had to protect secret formula from evil spy. Sometimes sacrifices must be made!". It was obviously she had been watching too many Sigh Stallion films.

As he made yet another visit to the Cantermart's clerk to pay for the coco he added, "Don't worry Mister, the Royal Equestrian Army is here to take care of that monster so it shouldn't be too long before you can leave this place and get back on your train. Sorry if it hasn't been the most pleasant way to spend a day. ", his ears drooped down a little, "I think Windy here is just a little worried about her sister and when she gets worried, sometimes she gets silly. Hope the rest of your trip isn't so er...strange."

*************************************************************** ***************************************************************

The red Pegasus listened as her superior officer as she spoke. Unfortunately one of the ponies in her little group was not too keen on doing the same. "Sir Squall?", she had noticed he had thrown a small spell over his blade. "Swift, I see what you're doing, but we are too far away for the spell to work properly. I can carry you closer to the kraken.", she let out a yelp as the griffon was struck, "Somepony, please help him! I think this might work!". Unless he protested, the mare quickly wrapped her two front legs around the unicorn and took to the sky towards the large sea beast...

She then turned to the pony she had accused and said, [colour=#EE82EE]"Sorry I accused you."[/colour]

Tekton's face turned it's direction towards the floor, and then to the filly's face, exposing a smile on Tekton's face. "No problems," Tekton stated in a calm voice.

As he made yet another visit to the Cantermart's clerk to pay for the coco he added, "Don't worry Mister, the Royal Equestrian Army is here to take care of that monster so it shouldn't be too long before you can leave this place and get back on your train. Sorry if it hasn't been the most pleasant way to spend a day. "

"No no, there's nothing to apologize for. Fillies will be fillies and random events will occur," said Tekton ,"...but I do hope that I won't miss my train."

...his ears drooped down a little, "I think Windy here is just a little worried about her sister and when she gets worried, sometimes she gets silly. Hope the rest of your trip isn't so er...strange."

Tekton looked at the pony, eyes dilated and showing a face of surprise. "You mean that her sister is in danger," said Tekton with dread oozing from his words.

Tekton didn't know about this part of the odd event. At least now he knows why the filly is acting up.

[i'm guessing Fire will get as close to the Kraken as possible. His sleep spell hopefully will take out the Kraken. The grumpy sea creature will get its rest and once awaken will be able to 'feel'l or hear its pod and follow them away from the beah...Or they can get more Pegasus to either carry it away..]

"Swift, I see what you're doing, but we are too far away for the spell to work properly. I can carry you closer to the kraken."

[colour=green]"No....stay...away...or else...[/colour] he replayed in between gasps, worring that she get hurt. But two tentacles that smashed a pier surface next to him made him sway on his legs. A piece of concrete - sent flying by the sheer force - hit unicorn in the head. His concentration almost broken by the impact and pain, convinced stallion to change the opinion even if his blade still waved from left to right like if nothing happened.

[colour=green]"Uhhh...please...help...."[/colour] he murmured, allowing himself to be carried away. What probably surprised the mare was how limp Squall was right now. It seems that he wasn't joking about being feed poorly by the corsairs and lack of sleep after his daring escape.

[colour=green]"C-closer..."[/colour] he asked, doing all in his might to not drop his weapon. Red mare did what he asked [colour=green]"Good...t-that's....that's enough"[/colour]

Swift commented. He took a deep breath before speaking at the kraken, with the same commanding tone he used earlier.

[colour=green]"Sleeeeeep.....Sleeeeeeeeep....Sleeeeeeep"[/colour] he repeated that one word like some mantra. It must've been great effort for him to speak properly right now, without stutters or pauses. And little by little, his hypnotizing voice appeared to take effect. The tentacle swings started too slow down, becoming easier too dodge with each moment. The cephalopod 'eyelids' seemed to become heavier. And suddenly - too everypony surprise - kraken made a gurgling noise, wrapped his arms around pier and rested it's gargantuan body in the shallow water next to it. The wet sound that followed up must been a snoring.

[colour=green]"I don't...believe it...That worked...."[/colour] Squall said. Still being in her hooves he turned around his head slightly. Unicorn smiled weakly, released his weapon from his magical grasp making it fall to the sand below, and then finally fainted.

The fliers took off in pursuit of Squall, hoping to reach him before the kraken did. Their actions drew the ire of the massive squid-creature, resulting in a flurry of tentacles and airborne debris. Acclaim splintered off from the formation, trading speed for altitude as she advanced. Just below, she saw Razor and Fire Walker weaving their way through the debris field. And just like that, it all fell apart.

[colour=#ff0000]"My wing!"[/colour] The sickening crunch of wood on flesh would have been enough, but Razor’s cry of pain and desperation all but confirmed Acclaim’s fear.

[colour=#daa520]“Lieutenant! Get Squall out of there!”[/colour] she shouted and pointed to Squall with a hoof. [colour=#daa520]“Stay down, Razor! I’m coming to you!”[/colour]

The sergeant banked hard and nosed down in a hammerhead loop. Adjusting her trajectory with the precision that came from years on the hoofball pitch and grueling training with REA airborne, she slipped between the lashing tentacles and flying debris, flaring her wings moments before impact with the sand. As she touched down, Acclaim whirled around at speed with her wings outstretched. The resulting bubble of swirling air billowed out around Razor, throwing up a temporary screen of sand.

[colour=#daa520]“I got ya, buddy!”[/colour] Acclaim quickly bit down, grabbing Razor by the scruff of the neck and dragging out of the sand screen and back toward the Canter-mart. She found an alcove next to a retaining wall that could serve as hard shelter. It was here that she propped Razor up, making sure to keep his wing free of the ground. Razor had barely been secured before the gurgling of the squid made Acclaim whirl back around. With a noise like that, she’d need to be back in the fray soon enough. There was no telling what--

[colour=#daa520]“... what.”[/colour] the flat utterance was all Acclaim could manage. In the time it had taken her to drag Razor to safety, the squid was pacified-- asleep, even-- and Squall was being carried in Fire Walker’s hooves. Acclaim looked over her shoulder to Razor as she leaped back into the air. “Stay put, stay off that wing, and try not to attract any more attention!”

En route, one of Acclaim’s squadmates intercepted her. “Ground teams are here, ma’am! We’ve got a lane cleared and a ship will be along shortly to tow that thing out to sea.”

[colour=#daa520]“Good. You saw the whole thing. Brief Major Redwood on the situation. I’ll take care of the civvies.”[/colour]

“Yes, sergeant,” he said, peeling off to carry out his orders.

[colour=#daa520]“Lieutenant,”[/colour] she said to Fire Walker as she arrived. It was there that she finally saw Squall’s condition. Her eyes narrowed, but she said nothing else of it. [colour=#daa520]“Ground teams are arriving now to handle the kraken.”[/colour]

As the sergeant spoke, ponies with rope and nets were already in position, slinging lines and preparing the kraken to be hauled out to sea.

[colour=#daa520]“But Razor is injured. We need to get him and Squall to the Canter-mart and render first aid,”[/colour] Acclaim spoke as she offered a hoof to carry Squall.

Razor growled low as he was moved, and again when he was set. He breathed sharply, dragging his claws into the ground as he ignored the pain.

[colour=#FF0000]'My wing! Darn it all!'[/colour] He screamed in his mind, angry that he let himself suffer this kind of injury. It was irritating. Still he did what he needed to do to keep his wing safe from further harm.

The pain was alot, and the exertion from helping deal with the kraken was starting to take its course. Razor breathed deeply, and fought to keep himself concious.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hurry....back...agh!"[/colour] He said between growls. If he had teeth he would have been grinding them.

---------------------------------

Glimmer was humming softly to herself with a smile, before stopping all together and going very still. She stood rigid and her eyes were focused on where the Kraken was. It looked like things were okay now, but...something seemed off. There had been three fliers, from what she had been able to tell. She now only saw two, where was the third?

Worse...she had a feeling, a feeling that something bad had happened. It made her heart shiver in fear, and she paled for a second as worrying thoughts dragged through her mind.

[colour=#EE82EE]'Razor? Are you okay?'[/colour] She thought, worried for her brother.

She just stood there then, watching the scene finish, and hoped that everything was going to be okay.

"I don't...believe it...That worked...." Squall said. Still being in her hooves he turned around his head slightly. Unicorn smiled weakly, released his weapon from his magical grasp making it fall to the sand below, and then finally fainted.

“I never doubted you for a second.”, Fire Walker kissed his cheek gently as the weary stallion closed his eyes for a much needed nap. This moment of peace was quickly broken up by the griffon’s cry. “Razor?’, she turned her head slightly and watched as her new friend howled in agony, “Oh dear, I’m so sorry Razor.”, the mare knew from experience how painful a broken wing could be. “Just hold still for a second. Each and everyone of us here are fully trained in first aid. We just need somepony to help him across the street.” Once the griffon was secure, the Pegasus pony accepted the mare’s help to carry Swift Squall. “Thank you Sergeant. It’s terribly clichéd of me to say this, but you all arrived in the nick of time. I can see why my father has spoken of you in such high regards. I just hope that poor creature is returned to is pod or family group.”

Tekton looked at the pony, eyes dilated and showing a face of surprise. "You mean that her sister is in danger," said Tekton with dread oozing from his words.

Tekton didn't know about this part of the odd event. At least now he knows why the filly is acting up.

“Yeah, Wind’s sister is part of the Royal Equestrian Army so she gets to see a little bit of excitement from time to time. Ooh look! They’re coming! Looks like they were able to stop that sea monster creature thing.”, he waved a hoof towards the small group of ponies and griffon that were slowly making their way towards the small shopping center. “Oh feathers, both Mister Swift Squall and your brother don’t look so good.”, both ponies rushed to the door and held it open as the adults made their way inside. The store’s clerk glanced away from her crossword puzzle just in time to see the group enter. Noticing the conditions of both the Unicorn and griffon, she quickly scurried in the back, and after a few brief moments returned with a box of emergency medical supplies.

'Razor? Are you okay?' She thought, worried for her brother.

She just stood there then, watching the scene finish, and hoped that everything was going to be okay.

“Looks like he hurt his wing.”, the little filly glanced at the griffon from where she stood before turning her attention to her sister’s colt-friend, “Is Swift alright?”

The elder sister nodded her head, “Yeah, he’s just a little worn out from a pretty impressive spell he let loose. I just hope you show Sir Squall a bit more respect now.”, she glanced over at the mare who was currently helping her with the unconscious Swift Squall, “There’s a small padded bench near the magazine section. Let’s set him down there.”

* Fire Walker's father, Brass Hat is a Major in the R.E.A.

“Yeah, Wind’s sister is part of the Royal Equestrian Army so she gets to see a little bit of excitement from time to time. Ooh look! They’re coming! Looks like they were able to stop that sea monster creature thing.”

"Hmmm," Tekton stated, "hopefully she's alright." It would be quite painful to see a young filly grieve if her sister were to become injured, or worse. Hopefully, that won't happen today. "Well, at least they're done. Maybe our lives can resume it's normal pace now."

he waved a hoof towards the small group of ponies and griffon that were slowly making their way towards the small shopping center. “Oh feathers, both Mister Swift Squall and your brother don’t look so good.”, both ponies rushed to the door and held it open as the adults made their way inside. The store’s clerk glanced away from her crossword puzzle just in time to see the group enter. Noticing the conditions of both the Unicorn and griffon, she quickly scurried in the back, and after a few brief moments returned with a box of emergency medical supplies.

Tekton removed himself from the path of the incoming group of ponies. He then spectated the interactions of the ponies among themselves. He opened his mouth and awkwardly asked,"Do you guys need any help?" Tekton wanted to help, but personally felt that he really couldn't aid in any way...

The elder sister nodded her head, “Yeah, he’s just a little worn out from a pretty impressive spell he let loose. I just hope you show Sir Squall a bit more respect now.”, she glanced over at the mare who was currently helping her with the unconscious Swift Squall, “There’s a small padded bench near the magazine section. Let’s set him down there.”

He glanced over towards the injured Squall, but said nothing. He only acknowledged the situation. His offer of aid expanded to these ponies, but he didn't say, and didn't know whether or not they would accept (or even know) it.

This moment of peace was quickly broken up by the griffon’s cry. “Razor?’, she turned her head slightly and watched as her new friend howled in agony, “Oh dear, I’m so sorry Razor.”, the mare knew from experience how painful a broken wing could be. “Just hold still for a second. Each and everyone of us here are fully trained in first aid. We just need somepony to help him across the street.”

[colour=#daa520]“I’ll take care of that in a moment, LT. I just wanted to make sure Deathwish McGee didn’t slip out of your hooves. I’d prefer not to have another casualty to handle.”[/colour]

As the arrived at Razor’s resting place, Acclaim fashioned a makeshift litter out of a broken beach chair which she slung over her back. She slid Razor onto the litter, careful to keep clear of his injured wing. With Razor securely in tow, Acclaim picked up Squall by the scruff of his neck and helped roll him onto Fire Walker’s back for transport back to the Canter-mart.

[[ Forgotten sword. Possible plot hook? ]]

Once the griffon was secure, the Pegasus pony accepted the mare’s help to carry Swift Squall. “Thank you Sergeant. It’s terribly clichéd of me to say this, but you all arrived in the nick of time. I can see why my father has spoken of you in such high regards. I just hope that poor creature is returned to is pod or family group.”

[colour=#daa520]“The local garrison will take care of it. SOP is to trap and release any creatures far out in the wild. We try not to hurt anything if we can avoid it. As for being in the wrong place at the right time, I kind of have a knack for that!”[/colour] The last bit was spoken with a chuckle. After all, that was the entire story behind her cutie mark! [colour=#daa520] “Unfortunately, that knack cut into my PT time. I’m sure the neophytes enjoyed the break, though!”[/colour]

Tekton removed himself from the path of the incoming group of ponies. He then spectated the interactions of the ponies among themselves. He opened his mouth and awkwardly asked,"Do you guys need any help?" Tekton wanted to help, but personally felt that he really couldn't aid in any way...

[colour=#daa520]“Help the nice pony with the medical supplies,”[/colour] Acclaim replied, waving a hoof at the clerk. [colour=#daa520] “I can break some of this beach furniture to make a splint, but I need fresh gauze to secure it. Unwrap some of that and have it ready for me.”[/colour]

Acclaim sniffed at the idea of dumping their charges on the bench. There had to be a better place to put them, preferably one that gave her more space to work. Acclaim looked around the store. Standard department store layout... they had to have some place that sold seating... and there it was! She turned to Fire Walker. [colour=#daa520]“Better idea. There’s a furniture display right over there. Toss Deathwish McGee on the couch and we can set Razor up on one of the coffee tables so I can patch his wing.”[/colour]

She pointed at the couch with a hoof while dragging Razor into position. [colour=#daa520] “Put him in recovery position on his side, LT! If he hurls, I don’t want him choking on it!”[/colour]

[colour=#daa520]“Sorry buddy,”[/colour] Acclaim said, hoisting Razor onto the table. [colour=#daa520] “This might hurt a bit.”[/colour]

With a press of a hoof, she slid the injured griffon off the litter and onto the table top. Acclaim wasted no time in reclaiming her improvised stretcher. Taking one end of the beach chair frame in her teeth and propping the other against the ground, she bashed the middle with her hoof, breaking it cleanly in two; two perfect length pieces to make a splint. The sergeant clicked her tongue in rhythm as she eyeballed where to put the splints for best effect.

[colour=#daa520]“So tell me, LT,”[/colour] she said, subtly pointing to Squall’s sleeping form with her muzzle. [colour=#daa520]“Where’d you find this guy? I don’t know of many who’d insult me and try to protect me in the same breath!”[/colour]

This moment of peace was quickly broken up by the griffon’s cry. “Razor?’, she turned her head slightly and watched as her new friend howled in agony, “Oh dear, I’m so sorry Razor.”, the mare knew from experience how painful a broken wing could be. “Just hold still for a second. Each and everyone of us here are fully trained in first aid. We just need somepony to help him across the street.”

[colour=#DAA520]“I’ll take care of that in a moment, LT. I just wanted to make sure Deathwish McGee didn’t slip out of your hooves. I’d prefer not to have another casualty to handle.”[/colour]

Razor growled, trying his best to ignore the pain. But that was difficult for a few reasons. One, broken wings hurt....ALOT! Second, it was HIS wing that was broken!

[colour=#FF0000]"Great,"[/colour] He said, hissing a bit as he breathed, [colour=#FF0000]"just hurry up." [/colour]

Razor gripped his claws together, so he didn't accidentally sink them into anything that might get hurt by the sharp talons. He clenched them tight, and hoped that this all ended soon. When they got to the Canter-Mart he spotted Glimmer and her friends. The young griffonness, seeing her brother hurt immediatly flew over.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Razor! Ohnoohnoohno. Are you okay? Please be okay. What happened?!?" [/colour]Glimmer said, speaking fast. She could see that his wing was in an odd way and she gasped knowing that it was a broken wing.

The poor little griffonness had to fight instinct to rush to her brothers side, and the urge to snap and claw at any unknown faces that came close. But she also knew that these ponies had to know what they were doing, right?

Her eyes looked ready to burst with tears and she just turned and grabbed Fast Track into a hug. A very, very tight griffon hug. Which, even for her age, is very strong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[colour=#DAA520]“Help the nice pony with the medical supplies,”[/colour] Acclaim replied, waving a hoof at the clerk. [colour=#DAA520] “I can break some of this beach furniture to make a splint, but I need fresh gauze to secure it. Unwrap some of that and have it ready for me.”[/colour]

Acclaim sniffed at the idea of dumping their charges on the bench. There had to be a better place to put them, preferably one that gave her more space to work. Acclaim looked around the store. Standard department store layout... they had to have some place that sold seating... and there it was! She turned to Fire Walker. [colour=#DAA520]“Better idea. There’s a furniture display right over there. Toss Deathwish McGee on the couch and we can set Razor up on one of the coffee tables so I can patch his wing.”[/colour]

She pointed at the couch with a hoof while dragging Razor into position. [colour=#DAA520] “Put him in recovery position on his side, LT! If he hurls, I don’t want him choking on it!”[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]“Sorry buddy,”[/colour] Acclaim said, hoisting Razor onto the table. [colour=#DAA520] “This might hurt a bit.”[/colour]

With a press of a hoof, she slid the injured griffon off the litter and onto the table top. Acclaim wasted no time in reclaiming her improvised stretcher. Taking one end of the beach chair frame in her teeth and propping the other against the ground, she bashed the middle with her hoof, breaking it cleanly in two; two perfect length pieces to make a splint. The sergeant clicked her tongue in rhythm as she eyeballed where to put the splints for best effect.

Razor spotted Glimmer, and felt very bad that he had to be putting his sister into such emotional trauma like this. It wasn't right for a brother to do that to his sister. Of course when he saw her grab the colt from the beach into a hug he felt bad for him. Griffon's tended to....have trouble controlling their strength with nongriffons, especially when under stress.

He mostly ignored the activity, and just focused on not making a fool of himself infront of all these ponies. He was not going to make the griffon species look weak in the face of pain, and he wasn't going to make himself seem weak for that matter either. But still his wing!

What was life without flight? What was he!?! He growled and gripped the pony that was helping by the hoof, careful not to sink his claws into them, [colour=#FF0000]"I don't care if it hurts like my soul is being torn from my body, just make sure the job is good so I can keep flying!"[/colour]

He let go and let her do her job, and tried to relax. He bit down on the coffee table he was laid on and let the pony work. And she was right, it hurt, ALOT!! Wing injuries always did, which is why it was always best to make sure the patient was either unconcious or under some sort of pain medication to numb the pain. Though it seemed that wasn't available.

[colour=#FF0000]'Just my luck.'[/colour] Razor thought, biting down on the edge of the table, claws carving across the top. He was not going to scream. He wouldn't. And when it was finally all done, and his wing was set he felt ready to just pass out.

[colour=#FF0000]"I hate krakens."[/colour] He said simply. Next vacation he would go up north. Snow ought to keep anything with tentacles from his leisure time.

• 4 weeks later...

Unexpectedly Swift regained consciousness. It wasn't obvious at first, since he kept his eyes closed, trying to sort everything.

[colour=green]"So soft. A couch? Ahhh...I can hear them. Guess everything is alright then."[/colour] unicorn deducted. He wished to just lay where he was and rest but sound of talons scratching on the wooded surface made him slowly open his eyes. Staring at ceiling he couldn't distinguish shapes, his vision blurry. Dismissing this as a simple paint pattern, Squall tried to sit.

[colour=green]"Dagnabbit!"[/colour] swordstallion blurted out as the world spin around him, and he was forced too support himself with one of his front legs. Unicorn sighted as he regained his balance.After that Squall slowly turned his head towards source of two female voices. Recognizing big splotch of red as Fire he asked.

[colour=green]"So...Everything went fine?"[/colour]

After that he rubbed his head with his other hoof. His head, hit by the piece of concrete earlier started to really hurt right now.

[colour=green]"....Did I drooped my blade? I can't feel it."[/colour]

[colour=#daa520]“Help the nice pony with the medical supplies,”[/colour] Acclaim replied, waving a hoof at the clerk. [colour=#daa520] “I can break some of this beach furniture to make a splint, but I need fresh gauze to secure it. Unwrap some of that and have it ready for me.”[/colour]

"Yes sir," Tekton stated in reply.

Although he didn't know he was given both tasks, he went up to the store clerk, the pony who was dealing with the medical supplies. "Hey," he inquired, "do you need any help with the medical supplies?" He paused for a brief moment. "And uh, is there any sturdy fabric or gauze of some type in this shop?"

[colour=#FF0000]'Just my luck.'[/colour] Razor thought, biting down on the edge of the table, claws carving across the top. He was not going to scream. He wouldn't. And when it was finally all done, and his wing was set he felt ready to just pass out.

[colour=#FF0000]"I hate krakens."[/colour] He said simply. Next vacation he would go up north. Snow ought to keep anything with tentacles from his leisure time.

Tekton wanted to say something uplifting, an optimistic statement. However, he felt that it would only be intrusive, and decided not to speak. Tekton only gave a quick glance, a brief moment of suspension from aiding the other ponies.

"Hmmm," Tekton stated, "hopefully she's alright." It would be quite painful to see a young filly grieve if her sister were to become injured, or worse. Hopefully, that won't happen today. "Well, at least they're done. Maybe our lives can resume it's normal pace now."

"She looks alright, but Mister Razor and Sir Swift...Hey.", he glanced over at the filly who was watching as the group got closer, "Is your sister's colt-friend an actual Knight? That would be kind of cool. Didn't even know we still had those guys running around?"

Wind Walker shrugged her fuzzy shoulders and kept watch before adding, "Some of my brothers give themselves silly names sometimes to impress girls. Never seems to work."

“So tell me, LT,” she said, subtly pointing to Squall’s sleeping form with her muzzle. “Where’d you find this guy? I don’t know of many who’d insult me and try to protect me in the same breath!”

While Fire Walker was curious about the casualty the sergeant had mentioned, there were far more important things to do at the moment. She quickly helped Razor onto the bench, "Wind! Get me a bucket!", the filly quickly scurried over to the camping supply section of the store and promptly returned with the needed bucket, which she placed near the griffon. The colt made a motion to help, but was quickly stopped by the younger griffon's rather impressive hug. "Oh...", his cheeks flushed red, "Don't worry Glimmer. They're all very skilled at this. All ponies in the R.E.A have to be skilled in 'On The Field' medical type stuff. Broken bones. Minor injuries and the such. I know this, as Wind tends to use me as a training dummy. Which I wish she wouldn't!", he growled.

The elder Pegasus pony breathed a sigh of relief as the griffon was quickly taken care of, "We actually met at the beach just a few hours ago, and he has every right to be a little grumpy. When I last broke my wing, I was not a happy camper. Actually slipped in the shower a few years ago. That was not a pleasant experience..", she studied the griffon's wing from where she stood, "And Razor, it doesn't look too serious, but you'll probably be in a cast for a little bit. Once you're settled, we'll call somepony over to get you to a hospital. Windy and I did see what appeared to be a small medical center not that far from here.", if it had not been done yet, the mare cantered over to the small station her sister had used earlier to contact the R.E.A to get ahold of an emergency unit. Once she was finished, she made her way towards Swift Squall.

"So...Everything went fine?"

After that he rubbed his head with his other hoof. His head, hit by the piece of concrete earlier started to really hurt right now.

"....Did I drooped my blade? I can't feel it."

"Mostly.", Fire smiled as the stallion awoken, "Razor busted one of his wings, so we're trying to get him some help. You just over overexerted yourself being the hero with your magic. So no more spells for the rest of the day.", she gave him a quick and friendly nuzzle, "Your sword...Oh dear!", she glanced over at one of the windows, "You must have dropped it! I'll go and get it..You stay there. Rest.", she turned to her little sister, "Stay here Windy, I'm going to get Swift Squall's things before they walk away.", with that, she quickly made her way out of the mart and back to the beach!

Razor groaned and smacked the table he was on, "Aww man. This stinks."

When Razor was free, Glimmer quickly flew over to him, "Razor!" She clung to her brother and cried a bit, "I was so worried. Why did you get hurt? I was really scared when I saw you hurt."

Glimmer cried and hugged her brother tightly. Razor looked at his sister and gently pulled her close, wrapping his one good wing around her.

"Hey, hey. I'm alright Glimmer. Just a little beat up, nothing new." He said softly.

Glimmer sniffled and buried her face into Razor's feathery shoulder. Razor just smiled and purred softly. He did that for a few moments before realizing he still had someponies around him. He stopped purring and blushed slightly.

"Uh...hehehe." He rubbed his head, feeling a bit embarrassed now.

Glimmer sniffed again and let her brother go and said, "You're a big dumb jerk you know that."

Razor dropped his head, "Yeah I know."

Glimmer sniffed again before hugging her brother again.

• 3 weeks later...

[colour=#daa520]“I was talking about Squall,”[/colour] Acclaim said, cocking her head to the side. [colour=#daa520]“All things considered, Razor here was actually pretty well-behaved.”[/colour]

The sergeant playfully patted Razor on his good shoulder. [colour=#daa520]“Don’t worry about the wing. Give it a few weeks and you’ll be as good as new.”[/colour]

Acclaim helped herself to a bottle of water, plinking a few bits down on the counter to cover the cost. Everything seemed to go about swimmingly. Razor was comforted by his sister, Fire Walker’s little companions weren’t panicking, and squinting out the window revealed that the tug had arrived to tow the kraken out to sea.

Fire Walker appeared preoccupied. Her walk to Squall, who had just awakened, was brisk and purposeful, as if she had been waiting on him. Their further interaction only confirmed what had begun as a curious suspicion. They’re... together? Acclaim wrinkled her nose at the thought. But then shrugged as she supposed she had no room to judge. Fire Walker had probably known him for longer and probably saw something underneath the daredevil egoist vigilante exterior that Acclaim had seen in that short encounter.

Of course, it was then that Fire Walker decided to take a leisurely stroll back on the beach.

[colour=#daa520]“Uh, LT. I would wait for the crew to clear the beach first!”[/colour]