Season 3 Episode 7 Synopsis

Whitehawke

Curse you peer pressure, you drive me to watch things I shouldn't have....

All in all, the episode was "Ok". Though it may be be one of my least favs for Season 3. For various reasons.

Pinkie Pie:

We've seen her clingy to Rainbow Dash before, but nothing to this extent. She followed Dash everywhere in "The Griffon Brush Off" and now she just seems....obsessed. As comical as it was, I could still see it as "Pinkie Pie just being Pinkie Pie", though a bit overdone and annoying.

SpitFire:

Who else but our #1 Wonderbolt? Except maybe Soarin and FleetFoot....((Srsly..FleetFoot? No feet :P ))

As to what brianblackberry said about her having no specific personality, I have to disagree. She seemed much more laid back at the Gala. And this stayed constant throughout "Hurricane FlutterShy" as well. I do understand having to take up a military commander persona for showing Wonderbolt recruits that it is a serious thing not to be taken lightly, but at the end when she was talking to Dash. You would have expected her to take that down or something...So is Commander SpitFire cannon? Also, I really miss her old voice....And I think the way she treated ThunderDust at the end was a bit too much.....

ThunderDust:

Waaaay to reckless, though she's still pretty cool. I actually thought she was pretty awesome. Nowhere close to RD but like, a close seconed. And it seems she didn't really learn her lesson.

The show itself:

It used to be focused more on learning lessons, now it's begging to become just another cartoon filled with half thought ideas.

Yes, I know Dash learned a lesson but, it didn't feel the same....It seems Thunder didn't learn anything....Though I guess I can't complain, the same happened with Gilda...

I feel as if the process for making Gilda and Thunder were mostly the same, save some differences...

TL;DR:

Rainbow Dash has fully retained her awesomeness and seems to have gained +7 cool points......

Bronies, prepare for fan art of ThunderDust....

:/

I thought the episode taught a pretty good lesson although I too would like episodes to be more lesson focused like before, or character focused with development like the Scootaloo one. That being said, this is the second episode in a row where Dash played a major or starting role and she has certainly shown in both occasions that she has matured and learned, something sorely missing from before. That makes me happy.

Judging from the preview synopsis, the Family Reunion one will be a lesson episode for AJ.

Expect the following ships to be common now:

PinkieDash - Renewed interest

LighteningDash

LighteningPinkieDash - You know the shippers will do it

ThunderRarity - from that one scene

SpitfireDash

BiffCloudchaser - Ewww

I thought the episode taught a pretty good lesson although I too would like episodes to be more lesson focused like before, or character focused with development like the Scootaloo one. That being said, this is the second episode in a row where Dash played a major or starting role and she has certainly shown in both occasions that she has matured and learned, something sorely missing from before. That makes me happy.

Judging from the preview synopsis, the Family Reunion one will be a lesson episode for AJ.

Expect the following ships to be common now:

PinkieDash - Renewed interest

LighteningDash

LighteningPinkieDash - You know the shippers will do it

ThunderRarity - from that one scene

SpitfireDash

BiffCloudchaser - Ewww