[Cloudsdale] The Flyer Competition Arena

Scythe

"We're all going to mess up here. I believe this is the purpose of the arena. We will learn from each other. Not just Miss Nocturna. We mess up. We learn. We do a little better. Then we're onto the next set of skills to learn and improve. Does that sound good to you?", she smiled at the Pegasus, "If so, we need to get back to Miss Nocturna before she finds others to fly with?", repeating what the griffon had said earlier, she added with a grin, "Wanna race?"

Racing really wasn't Spin Art's thing. She was more of a stunt pegasus than a speeding one. But, she wouldn't want miss the opportunity with a new friend. Spin Art nodded.

"Sure!" She said with a little more expression than before. "Let's go."

Spin Art began to soar over to the racing track.

Silver watched a few other pegasi for a brief moment. Surprised by the skill of some of their aerial abilities while he was momentarily distracted from Razor. [colour=#696969]"Three lap obstacle course? Yea, sure thing, Razor. Help me set up a couple of cloud rings and we'll have our race. Ok?"[/colour] He spread his wings and took to the sky, not waiting for a response from the griffon as he grabbed a stray cloud and began to awkwardly shape it in into a ring.

Razor tilted his head side to side, his neck cracking each time. He had a big smile on his face, this was gonna be fun.

"Alright then. Lets see if we can make this a challange." Razor said as he flew up to help, grabbing clouds to shape into rings and other obstacles. He wished that they could get a level five storm cloud or two in here. A little lightning danger toughened you up.

Rain Maker nodded at Fire Walker. "The piercings," she explained. "I've never really seen any before. I'm from Cloudsdale, not many pegasi here wear them. Something about drag when flying, whatever. I'm Rain Maker, by the way," she said, being quiet while Fire and Nocturna spoke.

Once they were done and Fire flew off, she looked at Nocturna. "That was weird. Anyways, want to get started on that trick?" she asked casually.

"Great.", Fire smiled broadly at the mare as they made their way towards the track. As they flew, she caught sight of Rain Maker, "I don't think three very small and rather conservative earrings are going to hold me back, but I can always take ‘em off if I do feel any resistance.”, she paused to feel how the earrings were effecting her, “Oh, the name’s Fire Walker, Lieutenant Fire Walker of Canterlot. Nice to meet you."

Nocturna was happy to see that the ponies around her got along with each other so well, even though they all seemed to be eager to show off.

[colour=#0000ff]"Of course Rain Maker!"[/colour], she replied happily, looking forward to spending some time in their air finally. Flying was so casual most of the time, but there were moments, moments like this, when it seemed to be special again and Nocturna loved that.

A sigh was to be heard from her. [colour=#0000ff]"I totally forgot what direction I was supposed to go, tell me again please"[/colour], all the attention made her think about things different from the trick she wanted to perform so she forgot what half of what Rain Maker said. Others might be scared to ask, not so Nocturna - screwing up infront of her new friend would be worse than asking a simple question; nevertheless there was the urge to justify her bad memory in her: [colour=#0000ff]"All this sudden attention caught me offguard and I got a bit ... overwhlemed."[/colour]

Spin Art landed on the track. She breathed slowly. "How many laps?"

Spin Art knew herself. She wasn't a speed pegasus, but she had a burst of speed at a beginning of a flight and gradually slow down. She tried to plan out how much energy per lap. She worried that the lack of stamina wouldn't make her stop. For your dad, do it.... She reminded herself.

But then again, this was just a friendly race. But Spin Art had to take pride of her hard work. Just don't die at least. She joked to herself.

"I know! Don't look at me. Some pegasi take that way too far. I don't mind, I've always wanted to get one," Rain Maker said to Fire Walker, shrugging. She looked over at Nocturna and smiled.

"No worries. Just follow me up, and break left. You remember the trick, right? Fly up, tuck your wings in, break to the side as you start to fall back, then flare wings at the end," she recapped, just in case. All that being said, the blue mare flared her wings and took off, waiting for Nocturna to catch up. As soon as she did she pulled straight up and started going until her wing power wasn't enough to counteract gravity anymore. She tucked her wings in tight and twisted right, hopefully at the same time as the Shadowbolt went left, and then she was rocketing toward the ground again, flaring her wings at the last minute to glide to a stop on the arena floor.

"Booyah! I love that little trick," she said with a giggle.