[Hoofington] "Rebuilding Luna Park" RP. interest gauging.

Hiya everyone!

The devastation of Hurricane Sandy left a huge impact on me. I grew up on the Jersey shore, and pretty much anything you know as being a unique quirk of the ol' Scotchie came from my time living in Keansburg (as a matter of fact if there were no trees in the way you could see my childhood home one block beyond the water tower in this photo.) During the holiday season I was supposed to help with cleanup efforts, but due to a communication breakdown with my brother I was unable, and couldn't bring myself to even GO to the town because there was nothing I could do to help besides donate (and, well, cry).

But it reminded me that I have characters I have never RPed, and having a fitting RP while I am still emotionally healing from the damage to one of the places I have the most sentimental nostalgic attachment to might help until I can get back down there and shovel some sand myself.

One of my characters, Saffron, Inherited a small boardwalk amusement park in Hoofington (now keep in mind this lore is not fully approved forum lore, but since the boardwalk is small, maybe 2 acres including the strip of bathing beach, and my character's place of residence and business, this portion still stands). The first store to open was Calliope's.

Things to know:

• Everything is in disrepair except the carousel house, and the attached building that used to house a primitive, giant steam powered calliope that now houses Calliope's boutique since
  • When I say "arcade" I mean a building with a large open hallway supported by arches and shops and games crammed into either side of it, not a place full of video games.
  • All rides are powered by horsepower. There is a little ferris wheel, the carousel, pedal powered bumper cars, and a giant slide.. Even the carousel is horse powered! The carousel is a little different than an ordinary one though, ponies dress up and stand on little platforms that move up and down, instead of riding on horses. They ARE the horses, with the exception of four stationary ones that are evenly spaced apart that are seats for very young foals.

You can be:

• a volunteer who is just helping fix the rides, stalls and other buildings. Just lemme know who you are in this thread. You don't have to be
  • a character who is helping out because they have a business on the other side of "The Loop" or otherwise locally. Ditto for just letting me know who you are.
  • A character who wants to own a business in the boardwalk proper and wants to help out. If you want to do this, please let me know and I can work with you after you submit your app since essentially Saffron would be your boss by default. There are various game stands, hokey fortune tellers and other amusements that can be filled here. I would LOVE for someone to build a spooky "in the dark" ride or "haunted house" type attraction! You are welcome to also make a business of this type nearby, off the boardwalk grounds themselves but I would play Saffron, in character, always kind of stand-offish to your character. I am also OK with this because it would be a good character dynamic.

Play will be slice of life, of new ponies coming together to help a neighbor rebuild something good for the community. There may be periods of tension, where something collapses, but ideally this is meant to be socializing Please keep in mind that this RP will mean a lot to me, emotionally, so I would really welcome anyone's best RP effort.

Hai scamps! Would it be okay if I played Licorice Black in this..? Also, it would be awesome if she could run a fortune telling booth once everything is up and running. The spooky attraction would be something that Licorice would really enjoy working on.

lico_and_bonesy_DONE_fffffyeah_profile.jpg

(She's the blue one)

HOORAY! And finally you and I will RP.

This sounds like a good group. I'll start the RP this weekend and drop a link here. It'll be a long one because i'll be describing what the place looks like, but I'll make sure to add the actual RP post that brings the action with a background in case anyone wants to ignore the expository text.