A Requiem of Stars: Time's Demise (Open, Please Apply in OOC)

Valencetiger

[colour=#008000]Gideon[/colour] (Canterlot, Ground Zero)

The city square was as quite as the void of space when they appeared. Creatures the likes of which Gideon had never seen were conversing with princess Celestia. The crowd grew more tense with each passing moment. His eyes narrowed on the figures on the balcony as he tried to decipher what was said between them. Though he couldn't he a thing, he could tell by the face the princess was making, that it was dire.

Suddenly one of the creatures hovered down from the balcony with some sort of war hammer in tow. The ponies around him started to take a few tentative steps back from the strange being. In a single overhead swing it brought the weapon down onto the pristine marble of the ground of the city square.

Everypony was quiet. Cracks spread out from the impact point of the hammer, but it it didn't seem like much. For a moment everything seemed normal, but then he heard it. The sound of buckling stone resonated in his ears, he doubted the ponies heard it, because he barely heard it. After his many spelunking tours he had learned to distinguish that dreadful noise from any background static.

He Jumped off of the ground, the moment his hind paws left solid concrete the ground slip beneath him. The gaping fissure hungrily devoured ponies like a starved dragon and all he could do was watch...No he could do more than watch.

His instincts told him to fly away as fast as he could, his body was gear to move faster than it ever had before, but he was not going to waste the adrenaline on fleeing. His senses were over charged and it seemed as if everything were just a little slower, narrowing his eyes on the wounded earth he dived headlong into the dark fissure. He reached behind his back and grabbed his collapsible ladder from his pack. In the darkness he could see the forms of falling ponies.

[colour=#008000]"GRAB THIS!" [/colour]He yelled out as he heaved the ladder at them with all of his might. It fell and fell until, it suddenly went taut with enough force to nearly drag Gideon down to Tartarus.[colour=#008000] "AHHH!"[/colour] His muscle yelled in protest and the joint's in his shoulders cried out against the weight pulling down on the ladder. There had to be at least three or four ponies clinging on to this life line. The muscles in his wings burned as they struggled to provide enough lift for everyone. As quickly as possible he flew to the side of the fissure and crashed into the ground. The ponies were still dangling over the gap and he was there only anchor. He cursed himself mentally for not flying higher.

What he was going to do next would hurt...Taking a few deep breaths, he prepared himself for the imminent pain. He dung the claws on his hind legs into that ground then released his left talon from the link on the collapsible ladder. Immediately the difference was felt, the weight on his right arm threatened to rip his muscles and pull his limb clean from the socket. Tears streamed freely from his eyes, he wanted to let go so badly, but he could never bring himself to willingly consign another being to oblivion. Biting his own tongue to focus his mind else where, he reached onto the pouch on his left thigh and pulled out two pitons. With all of his might he slammed the two spikes into the holes on the ladder then secured them with a swift and painful smash from his fist.

He rolled over, panting, his left fist was bloody, and his right shoulder was dislocated, but he didn't care. He saved those ponies. A fissure opened up near him and his arm hung limply over the edge. Slowly, the world around him started to spin and the corners of his vision started to fade out...

~Lunar Cross, within Canterlot Castle~

For several long moments, all the veteran guard could do was lay there and weep. He had seen countless horrible, fear-inspiring things...but never had he cried about any of them. Lunar felt...shattered, spiritually broken at what just happened. He had been her guard captain for one thousand years ago, when Celestia banished Luna and many of her soldiers to the moon, and had always served her loyally and with pride. Now...now he had failed her, and his fellow comrades, by letting that monster, Helios, take her. Many emotions scoured the inside of his mind; anger, hate, sorrow, despair, and fear...but the most painful was that of heartbreak. He was little aware of the sudden shaking of the floors, walls, and ceilings around him, being totally absorbed in his sudden depression. However, he heard a voice call out for him from further down the hall, one he recognized as Starbuster, the young night-time guide for the city. When she approached him, he shrunk further into himself, but listened as she spoke.

Before long, Shadow Flare came in as well, and he too spoke of the need for a leader. The tears had stopped flowing. Lunar Cross remained silent for another moment, before shakily trying to rise onto his hooves, his face contorted in hidden pain and determination, and new flows of blood covered the dried streaks around his burns. "...you're right. You're both right. I wouldn't be doing the Princess justice if I didn't follow my duty. I will gather what is left of the guard and rally them to evacuate Canterlot...we leave no pony behind." He moved stiffly toward the balcony, taking his captain's cloak and wiping his face with it, letting it go as it fell back behind him, revealing Luna's crest streaked with his blood. It was a promise...a promise of vengeance and retaliation. He paused, turning his head to look at both Starbuster and Shadow Flare. "I need you two to head for the infirmary immediately. Sargeant Flare, there is only one patient, so she will be easy to find...she is the mare that fell from the sky on a star. Once you have her, meet me out on the plains surrounding the city in Ponyville's direction... I am certain she is the key to all of this madness, and thus is our first priority. I will alert you, and our comrades of...what happened to Princess Luna...then. The Night shroud your sword, Sargeant...and take care of both Miss Starbuster and the mystery mare!"

Without staying for another word, the captain dashed off the balcony and took off as it crumbled beneath him, and the entrance to where the balcony used to be caved in from the surrounding walls. He looked back, alarmed, but knew that he could do nothing, so he continued on...that was all he could do now...continue on.

~Lunar Cross, within Canterlot Castle~

For several long moments, all the veteran guard could do was lay there and weep. He had seen countless horrible, fear-inspiring things...but never had he cried about any of them. Lunar felt...shattered, spiritually broken at what just happened. He had been her guard captain for one thousand years ago, when Celestia banished Luna and many of her soldiers to the moon, and had always served her loyally and with pride. Now...now he had failed her, and his fellow comrades, by letting that monster, Helios, take her. Many emotions scoured the inside of his mind; anger, hate, sorrow, despair, and fear...but the most painful was that of heartbreak. He was little aware of the sudden shaking of the floors, walls, and ceilings around him, being totally absorbed in his sudden depression. However, he heard a voice call out for him from further down the hall, one he recognized as Starbuster, the young night-time guide for the city. When she approached him, he shrunk further into himself, but listened as she spoke.

Before long, Shadow Flare came in as well, and he too spoke of the need for a leader. The tears had stopped flowing. Lunar Cross remained silent for another moment, before shakily trying to rise onto his hooves, his face contorted in hidden pain and determination, and new flows of blood covered the dried streaks around his burns. "...you're right. You're both right. I wouldn't be doing the Princess justice if I didn't follow my duty. I will gather what is left of the guard and rally them to evacuate Canterlot...we leave no pony behind." He moved stiffly toward the balcony, taking his captain's cloak and wiping his face with it, letting it go as it fell back behind him, revealing Luna's crest streaked with his blood. It was a promise...a promise of vengeance and retaliation. He paused, turning his head to look at both Starbuster and Shadow Flare. "I need you two to head for the infirmary immediately. Sargeant Flare, there is only one patient, so she will be easy to find...she is the mare that fell from the sky on a star. Once you have her, meet me out on the plains surrounding the city in Ponyville's direction... I am certain she is the key to all of this madness, and thus is our first priority. I will alert you, and our comrades of...what happened to Princess Luna...then. The Night shroud your sword, Sargeant...and take care of both Miss Starbuster and the mystery mare!"

Without staying for another word, the captain dashed off the balcony and took off as it crumbled beneath him, and the entrance to where the balcony used to be caved in from the surrounding walls. He looked back, alarmed, but knew that he could do nothing, so he continued on...that was all he could do now...continue on.

Shadow smiled at how his captain was taking up his roll, making the decisions that he'd been well known for.

Then he'd addressed Shadow and Starbuster.

[colour=#FF0000]"Yes sir, don't worry about us. We'll get her out quickly and without incident...May the Night Shroud your sword and remove those who oppose you"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shadow drew his sword and looked over at Star [/colour][colour=#FF0000]"Let's go Star, but if one of those things shows up, i want you go keep going, i'll distract them and...well, pray to Luna that you don't run into another one...Let's go"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shadow started heading towards the medical wing with Star, praying that they wouldn't run into a time lord on their run, and if they did.....What would happen to him when he hold them off[/colour]

Tyrael galloped into what was once the celebration square, eyes shaking and his head quickly looking around he saw nothing not a pony in sight not even those beast. What Tyrael did see was a Griffin laying amidst a crumbling floor, Tyrael thought to himself he's probably dead, but he looks ok for the most part im going. Tyrael jumped across the newly formed chasm, and onward to the unconscious griffin Tyrael picked up the Griffin placing him on his pack, turning to see an even larger chasm [colour=#daa520]"oh bucking hell i shouldn't have came for him"[/colour] turning back around Tyrael saw an exit that he had missed, so he bolted for it getting closer all of sodden the ground dropped beneath him, hitting the ground hard knocking the griffin off of his back and foreword onto safe ground, Tyrael hung on by two hooves slowly pulling himself up cringing with every pull of his weight eventually sling one of his hanging hooves up onto the edge and pulling himself up out of the gorge. [colour=#daa520]"i really hope i make it out of here"[/colour] Tyrael rose to his feet and ran to pick up the Griffin and out of the exit and followed the nearest ponies he saw out of the Castle Canterlot.

Starbuster booked it down the hallway with Shadow, dodging various falling debris. Weaving in and out of numerous hallways, she made sure nopony was left in the castle as she made her way towards the infirmary. When they got there, the mare was alone, as all the other ponies had been evacuated.[colour=#4b0082] "These nurses just left her here?!"[/colour] Starbuster said, outraged. [colour=#4b0082]"You got my back, right?"[/colour] She said, turning to Shadow. Slinging the unconscious mare over her back, she went out of the infirmary, Shadow hot on her tail. [colour=#4b0082]"Cmon, we gotta get out of here!"[/colour] She said to him, running down the northern hallway towards the throne room.

Starbuster booked it down the hallway with Shadow, dodging various falling debris. Weaving in and out of numerous hallways, she made sure nopony was left in the castle as she made her way towards the infirmary. When they got there, the mare was alone, as all the other ponies had been evacuated.[colour=#4b0082] "These nurses just left her here?!"[/colour] Starbuster said, outraged. [colour=#4b0082]"You got my back, right?"[/colour] She said, turning to Shadow. Slinging the unconscious mare over her back, she went out of the infirmary, Shadow hot on her tail. [colour=#4b0082]"Cmon, we gotta get out of here!"[/colour] She said to him, running down the northern hallway towards the throne room.

Shadow kept along with Star, then they made it to the infirmary. Seeing Star put her on her back [colour=#ff0000]"Don't worry about it, i got you covered..And if worse comes to worse..Keep going"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shadow then followed Star, narrowly avoiding the debris as they were headed to the throne room[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"You know..Star, headed..towards the throne..isn't the smartest...Idea...What is those...Time Lord things are...there..?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Star and Shadow turn the corner, looking ito the throne room.[/colour]

[colour=#4b0082]"You're right. Not a good idea."[/colour] Starbuster said, skidding to a stop, almost dropping the unconscious mare she was carrying. [colour=#4b0082]"Shadow! Stop that! You don't want to lose your head poking it in the doorway."[/colour] She said, yanking Shadow back into the hallway.[colour=#4b0082] "We should probably take the hallway east of this. It runs parallel to the throne room and will lead out the front gateway."[/colour] She said, looking at Shadow.[colour=#4b0082] "We need to make sure she's safe anyways, so that way would be much easier for us."[/colour] She said to him, starting a trot down the hallway.

[colour=#4B0082]"You're right. Not a good idea."[/colour] Starbuster said, skidding to a stop, almost dropping the unconscious mare she was carrying. [colour=#4B0082]"Shadow! Stop that! You don't want to lose your head poking it in the doorway."[/colour] She said, yanking Shadow back into the hallway.[colour=#4B0082] "We should probably take the hallway east of this. It runs parallel to the throne room and will lead out the front gateway."[/colour] She said, looking at Shadow.[colour=#4B0082] "We need to make sure she's safe anyways, so that way would be much easier for us."[/colour] She said to him, starting a trot down the hallway.

Shadow opened his mouth to protest about not taking a look inside the throne room, but eventually agreeded with Star. He heard her start making another escape plan

'She must spend a lot of time in this castle to know its layout of by heart'

[colour=#FF0000]"You keep her safe, i'll keep you safe. Simple as that" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shadow walked along side Star, his eyes consistantly going to the mare on Star's back[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"What do you think so important about her Star? I don't reconise her from anywhere"[/colour]

Cirrus was confused at the situation and was only left to wonder why. He didn't catch the whole thing due to him trying to analyze what was going on, and the hairless beasts left before he could get a grip on what happened besides taking the princesses, but after that displace of magic on the guard he froze up in fear and then blacked out. When he came to all of this happened.

Cirrus looked around at the devastation and the slight glow that was left behind from those... things...

He looked towards the guards but kept silent as he listened in onto the guard as he gave orders to what seemed like lower ranked guards then they leave but the guard captain that stayed behind.

" [colour=#0000ff]Hey you guard. Lunar was it? What were those things? Do you know why they have taken Luna and Celestia?[/colour]"

Cirrus walked towards Lunar as he noticed that just before he blacked one of them was speaking to him but for some reason he cannot remember what was said.

Starbuster was a bit puzzled. [colour=#4b0082]"I don't recognize her... And that's saying something, seeing as how I know just about everypony. I don't know what's so important about her, but apparently the Captain thinks she's important, so we're getting her out of here. I'm sure we'll get some answers when she wakes up. As for right now, we need to get out of here. Cross will meet up with us outside the city. Meeting up at my place isn't a bad idea for the time being..." [/colour]She looked off into the distance, seeing Cloudsdale still hanging in the sky. [colour=#4b0082]"It seems as if it hasn't been effected yet. I just hope it stays like that..."[/colour] She said, trailing off. They got to the front door and stepped out into the courtyard. Most of the ponies were gone, and they had no problem reaching the Eastern gate. Going out the gate, she turned and trotted into the thick forest that touched the walls of the once-great city. She brought Shadow and the mare to a grove she used when she traveled to the city. Setting down the mare gently, she sat on a stump nearby. [colour=#4b0082]"So, should we wait for Cross here or at my house?"[/colour] She asked Shadow.

Shadow followed Star until they were somewhere in the city. Shadow never left the castle unless it was nessacery, so his knowledge of the back area of Canterlot was non-exsistant. Then Star asked about waiting for Lunar.

On one hoof, if he was captured. They would find him, Star and this mystersios mare. Capture them and Luna knows what else.

On the other, if they went to her's and Lunar wasn't captured, he'd maybe think they were captured and try rescue them, when they didn't need to be saved.

Shadow wasn't the biggest fan of making decious that could have major consequences, but this was one of them, and he had no choice.

[colour=#FF0000]"We....We...We'll...Go to Your's and wait for him there..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]'I just hope i haven't made a mistake with that call'[/colour]

Tyrael had been carrying this Griffin for a few hours now making his way to the closest settlement being Ponyville he knew he had to get him somewhere safe and have a doctor look at him. Tyrael had finally made his way to the outskirts of Ponyville, sighing in relief knowing that he would get this Griffin off his back also that he beet any ponies coming from Canterlot, Tyrael had been traveling for long time and knew every shortcut there was in Equestria. Tyrael made his way to the hospital going inside [colour=#daa520]"I need some help ma'am this Griffin got into an accident and is unconscious, he could use a look over also. I will be outside if you need me."[/colour] Lying to these ponies was easier then explaining everything, they would know soon enough of what had happened. Tyrael made his way outside as he said and sat on a near bye bench thinking on what he was going to do next.

Starbuster sat, thinking about what he said. There seemed to be uncertainty in his voice. She looked at the mare. [colour=#4b0082]"Oh! We can't go to my place... Unicorns can't walk on clouds."[/colour] She said, facehoofing herself.[colour=#4b0082] "We can either wait here or go to Ponyville. On one hoof, we can wait here. It's closer to where he is and we'll be together quicker, however, so are those weird Time Lord things, and there's a possibility of them finding us. On the other hoof, we can go to Ponyville. We'd be safer from the Time Lord things, but we'd be farther away from Cross and our reunion would take longer, AND i'd have to carry this mysterious mare the whole way there that we don't even know anything about."[/colour] She said, looking back at the unconscious mare again. [colour=#4b0082]"At least she's not heavy. I've had no trouble so far, so I'll be able to make the trip if you think we should go. Should we?"[/colour] She said, looking back to Shadow.

Shadow could have hit himself when Star pointed the obvious out. Now his options where Ponyville or here, and again he had the final choice.

Again, he listened to Star considering their options, then he realized something that could work.

"what if we do both? You go to Ponyville, and I'll wait here, meet up with the captain and meet you there....but that would be ignoring the orders to keep you and her safe...alright, let's head to Ponyville, then I'll come bak here when your safe, and for this track, I'll carry her"

Shadow took a step forwards, as put his sword away.

Placing the unconscious mate on his back, he nodded to Star "you lead the way. Most things outside the castle confuse me"

~Lunar Cross, within the Ruins of Canterlot~

Hours had passed since the cataclysmic event that ruptured the city, and everything had fallen into a dark, tense quiet. The sickly-yellow sun had not moved at all, and it's dim light had plunged the entire land in a sinister twilight that blanketed everything. Canterlot was a wreck, a shell of it's former self...perhaps never to be fixed again, if the Time-Lords had their way. Lunar Cross and his few remaining guards stood outside the fallen gates in solemn reminiscence and respect for those who had died this terrible day. Today was supposed to be a celebration...a happy time...but now it would be marked as a historic tragedy. After a few moments, Lunar led them through the ruins quietly, their swords loosened from their sheaths and their stances showing that they were ready for anything. Hundreds of buildings lay shattered in the dust, and splits miles deep into the earth ran through the streets. The silence was disturbing, but fitted the lack of life that was present in the area, sending shivers up some of the younger soldiers' spines.

When the squad approached Ground Zero, where it all took place, the entire Canterlot Castle lay in a heap of debris, and the main square had endless, abyssal trenches spiraling everywhere. It appeared as if Tartarus had opened up. Trotting forward to the gigantic hole where that female Time-Lord had struck the ground, Lunar peered into the dark gap carefully, his sword unsheathed entirely. After a moment of seeing nothing, he turns and marches back toward the patiently-waiting group. "...let's go. There's no pony here left to be saved...we evacuated all we could. We are going to meet up with Sargeant Flare on the plains, and head to Ponyville to-" He was interrupted by a jarring, blood-curdling roar that seemed to emerge from the gap behind him, followed by the sound of the other guards swiftly unsheathing their swords or preparing their spears. A long silence went on for several moments, before the unearthly roar sounded off again, closer this time. Suddenly the marble buckled beneath them, causing many of the guards to step back or lift off onto their wings to avoid falling. Lunar Cross stood where he was, his eyes narrowed dangerously at the massive hole...as a huge black hand emerged and grabbed onto the edge. Staying still, the entire guard watched in stunned, horrified silence as the monster climbed out. Ape-like in appearance, it had bristles of black spikes that matched it's matted fur, and piercing purple eyes glared hatefully at them. Rising to a full height of twenty feet, it loosed another roar and battered at it's bare chest fiercely before charging at them on all fours.

The squad leapt immediately into action, inspired by and held together by the displayed coolness of their captain, Lunar Cross. Spreading out along the ground and in the air, they desperately dodged the beast's flailing arms, knowing that a blow from the creature could kill on impact. A flying pegasus scored a deep cut along the monster's side, but paid for it when he was hit in retaliation by the monster, thus being flung aside. The guard struck a still-standing wall with a sickening sound, it's neck snapped on impact as the pony fell in a heap of flesh and armor. Lunar grimaced, but charged on. More and more wounds were growing on the beast, but another guard had gotten crushed under it's gigantic feet, and yet another broke his wing from a clip of the beast's arm. When the creature let loose a howl of pain and fury, Lunar Cross took flight and dove straight for it's skull...driving his blade right into one of it's purple eyes. The creature let out a dull gurgle before collapsing onto the ground, a mass of black-spewing cuts and blood-matted fur. He withdrew his sword from the creature and the blood on a clean spot on the corpse, sheathing it again before speaking. "...bury our fallen quickly, and support the wounded. We leave before another one of those...things...crawls back up." A chorus of acknowledgement met his orders as they rushed to do what he commanded.

Hours later, they set up a base camp on one of the rolling hills outside of Canterlot, a couple of fires made to keep out the strange coldness that filled the air and to ease their bones. Lunar Cross himself stood away from the rest of his weakened squad, gazing in the direction of the newly-made ruins, lost in his thoughts. An image of the mysterious mare appeared in his mind, and he frowned to himself. ...Who are you, and what made you appear the way you did? The answer would have to wait, until he met the mare again.

They saw the damage done to the fields below on the way to Ponyville, countless cracks and scars defaced the once beautiful countryside. Starbuster remembered just looking at it a few hours ago, the morning dew beautiful on the multicoloured canvas of grass far below. Now the canvas had been torn, and she was furious. The two ponies stopped, and Starbuster took the mare from Shadow. [colour=#4b0082]"Don't you worry, these babies are powerful from years of flying in dense snow."[/colour] she reassured Shadow as she took off carrying the mare. They arrived in Ponyville a short while later, and most of the streets were deserted. Dropping to the ground, she led Shadow through the town to her sister's house. She knocked, but nopony was there. She opened the door and went inside, laying the mare on the couch nearby. Looking around, she did a quick search of the house, but her sister wasn't there. Moondust always told her that she could come over whenever she wanted to, and that was precisely what she did. She sat on a recliner across from the mare, and looked at Shadow nearby. [colour=#4b0082]"You can go if you need to. I think we'll be safe here."[/colour] She trotted over to a cabinet nearby, and rummaged around for a bit. She pulled out an old guardsman's sword that used to belong to Switch. Moondust's husband, Switch, acquired medical leave after an accident left him handicapped. Seeing as how both Moondust and Switch were pegasi, they were probably safe up in Cloudsdale. She nodded at Shadow, and sat back in the chair, patiently awaiting either the awakening of the mare or the return of Shadow and Cross, sword across her lap.

Shadow smiled slightly at how effective Star was in getting herself prepared. He knew in true honesty that if one of those time lords arrived, no manner of weapons could stop them, but the idea was what mattered.

[colour=#FF0000]"Alright, i'm headed out. I'll hopefully find the captain and be back within the day..If i'm not back within 3 days, i'm not coming back...Keep her, and yourself safe, hopefully i'll see you again"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shadow walks and opens the door, taking one final glance at Star and that mare, before taking off. Flying hard and strong, his journey back to Canterlt was, much to his surprise, uneventful. Consistantly yawning during the flight, he feared he wouldn't actually reach Canterlot, meet the captain and make it back without falling asleep.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Landing 100 meters away from the place they had planned to meet, he waited on a hill, while he was waiting, he couldn't help himself and fell asleep in the hill, his sword lying next to him [/colour]

Sitting outside the hospital Tyrael started to dose off. Realizing that he was about to fall asleep on this bench he dragged himself up off the bench and into the middle of town. Town square felt like death dust brushing threw the occasional gust of wind, and long shadows across the ground [colour=#daa520]"the shadows haven't moved all day, it's been a long day"[/colour] Tyrael noticed a hotel across the way, he made his way into the hotel and range the bell multiple times but no answer. After everything that has happened today Tyrael made his way into the first room taking his robe and breast plate off and laying them onto a chair, finally he could rest on something soft, he flopped on top of the bead and slowly dozed off.